ohhiimfox

May 24, 2018
geez guys why are u asking for walkthrough's? its pretty straight forward this game... no need for this =/ just use ur brains a little bit.. ( no offense btw) there are no scenes "yet" that throws you're blood into different directions...*sigh*

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
well think i have played what there is.. loved it.. but wish there was some way to know when you have done what is there

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Ok I want to give a huge THANK YOU to the maker of this. FINALLY a male character that doesnt look like a hybrid douchebag/Joker ... I am sure there are limited models to use and the one from some is nice but when he smiles I cant help but think of the Joker.
Thank you dev for a good looking male character that doesnt look ... well like a douche.

Reactions: HopesGaming

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
This game and Acting Lessons are blowing my mind as to what games like this can be. Really, really impressive. I'm totally head over heels for Luna. Amazingly well done.
Comparing this to acting lessons? I must now give this a try. Acting lessons is on a whole different plateau of awesome.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
No offense to @HopesGaming, but I thought Hope is a super weird default name for a man.
For improvements: exiting the mission screen is a little annoying (especially for something you do hourly), equipping items ontop of other items doesn't unequip the first ones, and it's not clear if losing missions is a bad thing (should I take only green missions, or should I just go for the double money from failing an attack [likely bug]?).

Reactions: Pheonix97

AnotherLurker

May 19, 2017
...huh.
I mean, it's a pretty silly portrayal of organized crime families, but nobody plays h-games for the realism. And as an h-game, this plot is miles ahead of the majority...in that it almost seems like the premise of an interesting, non-h story that still remains compatible with h-game developments.
Grinding's all right. Might be nice to see what odds we get on missions where we aren't guaranteed success. I save-scummed to avoid failing anything just because I expected that to matter, but I could also see failures being a trigger for some "training" and character interaction in the future. The skill-books could...use some re-balancing. It just felt off.
As for relationship progression...I liked the content that I did see, but the dev may want to consider making it clear that some stuff will only be available while the Player is still a small-time mook and that moving past those interactions will require higher ranking, stats, and story progression.
The game doesn't need a walkthrough, which is...honestly a breath of fresh air, but the ability to re-play certain scenes would be awesome in the future. I don't really have much to criticize or complain about beyond wanting more, which is really an endorsement when you think about it.
Keep up the great work, @HopesGaming.

Reactions: HopesGaming

tonyplees

Oct 8, 2017
I'm stuck. It says nothing to do when I'm clicking on "continue" and I have no idea what to do now.

edit: nvm am I finished with the update? Are there even any h-scenes yet?

Trixpix

Nov 16, 2017
Its very Manga/Anime like in the personalities which might put a few people off given its supposed to be a crime family but the quality is head and shoulders above the majority of Renpy games.

...huh.
Grinding's all right. Might be nice to see what odds we get on missions where we aren't guaranteed success.@HopesGaming.
It doesn't give you exact odds but missions are coloured by success chance.

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
The DeLuca Family v0.02a Compressed

Lossy compression on images, videos, bitrate for sounds reduced, unnecessary files deleted.

Original Size - 579mb, Compressed size - 150mb (26% of original size)

Download (PC) - - -

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Thank you all for the awesome comments and reviews.

Overall answers to questions:
The story, lore, and the world is fictional and entirely my style (with inspiration from known mafia sources of course). This should not be compared to the world of known mafia movies/books. You'll be greatly disappointed otherwise.

There is an event checker now, remember to check that to see if you lost.
I don't do walkthroughs. My goal is to have it as easy to navigate as possible.
Quest log with goals and event checker should handle 99% of that.

About the sex. This game tries to be different from the rest. And that is with the story and character driven.
I need to point out the game is just a 0.02 and having sex with characters at this point will ruin what I am trying to do.
I know this will scares many people away, but I will be transparent about it and I am making the game the way I envision it to be. So don't expect sex in 0.03 either.
Once the MC gets subordinates and some introduction to other characters, the sex will happen faster with those characters. This does not mean it will take forever to get to sleep with the main girls, but not something that will occur after barely one month after the game been released.

About the mission contracts.
They are not randoms but require logic. The higher your stealth stats are on stealth contracts, the higher the chance of success (Turns green (100%) once a threshold been passed)
You can right click to instantly leave a submenu (all the way to the primary mission board menu).
It is still early progress with the board and expects constant improvement.

Again, thank you all!

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
hehe Luna has the same birthday as I do. And what an interesting girl she is.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
We need to find the Right Mafia Family, maybe we´ll find a RL-Luna for Us x'D
haha yes! This is definitely a fantastic game. Sadly there isn't enough content for me to fairly judge it next to acting lessons but if if continues down the path it's on, I know it will be great.

Reactions: Trojaner

TheFinder

Jun 10, 2018
This is one of the oddest games I've ever played; I came in expecting a serious crime story so I was taken aback a little when I saw how crazy and funny the writing is but after a while I grew to love it XD! I love the quirkiness of the characters and how the writing manage to shift from serious moments to funny ones so quickly and flawlessly (like in the tree scene with Luna); the dialogues are all well written and often really funny and all the characters have really unique personalities as well as quirks that makes them very original and this is one of the things that I love about this game, how original it is; you created your own world and characters without reusing the same ideas that are used in so many other games and as a result your game feels like a breath of fresh air :). I will be sure to write a review when I've got the time and I will follow all future developments of this game, keep up the good work @HopesGaming .

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes