HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
HopesGaming Hey! To refresh this thread a bit. I just remembered my post from September 20, 2019:

Well, to answer your question: because I am going the realistic rout. Not negative one. :)
Unfortunately, it has not gone as I wanted. Life is life. Not going to lay down and give up my project due to that. The only thing you can do is try to do better.

With that said, I remember you.
You the guy that complains, hate the game and even gave it a low rating.
Yet, the one that is the most impatient when it comes to updates.
It's a bit odd.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound offensive. But why would you keep coming back to a game that you dislike? Or a dev you don't' have any faith in.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I never said that I do not like or hate your game. As well as that I like it. The world is not divided into haters and fans. There are a few more iterations. At first I liked the story but then, I was disappointed with that Luna twist. It's completely didn't fit into the humorous line of narration and looked like an primitive attempt to break a tear from inexperienced, infantile players, those who cry over JVN.
In any case, I'm just curious how the game will develop. Unfortunately, judging by the pace of development, I am afraid that you will never finish it.

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I never said that I do not like or hate your game. As well as that I like it. The world is not divided into haters and fans. There are a few more iterations. At first I liked the story but then, I was disappointed with that Luna twist. It's completely didn't fit into the humorous line of narration and looked like an primitive attempt to break a tear from inexperienced, infantile players, those who cry over JVN.
In any case, I'm just curious how the game will develop. Unfortunately, judging by the pace of development, I am pretty sure that you will never finish it.
Your review was a 2-star;
- The plot is blurry and inconsistent. The author is engaged in graphomania, stuffing comedy, tragedy, detective story, love story, erotic, thriller and some kind of fantasy into one plot.
- There is almost no adult content, and the one that is present is added simply as a fan service, and not part of the plot.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with a low rating or having such an opinion at all. Your review is fine as it is.
But the above review does not match what you are saying. You dislike the game because there is stuff in it (the story and the adult stuff) is not to your liking. And hence dislike/hate or whatever word you want to use.

Secondly, there never was a 'Luna twist'. I think it is just you that failed to notice it.
'My name is luna' is my best-received story event so far and has been loved by most of the player base.
Why are all of those people wrong and you right?
And why are you writing things like it is a fact?

It's completely didn't fit into the humorous line of narration
Who are you to say what fits the narration or not? In my eyes, the playerbase are the judges of that. The one that enjoys the game. Someone like you who is not a player of my game is not someone I want to hear this from (no offense)

looked like an primitive attempt to break a tear from inexperienced, infantile players, those who cry over JVN.

This part is where I lost a bit of respect. The first part of your comment(s) is about the story, the project, me as a dev. All of those things are simply aimed at me and are opinions. Nothing wrong with those at all.
But this sentence is just a big 'middle-finger' to the player base for liking something you dislike. What the hell?
Again, who are you to say they are wrong and you are right? Even to go as far as to say infantile, inexperienced, and all kinds of derogatory words towards them?

About if the game will never end.
Sure, if that's how you want to look at it. I don't mind. The view of my player-base is what is important. I don't consider you as someone that I want to address in a satisfactory way. Again, no offense. Just prioritizing my players.

To end with,
I respect your low view of the game and me as a dev.
I am confused why you still want to play and come back to the game with the views your have.
I disagree with the things you dislike about the game and it will never change. Hence I am more confused about why you keep wanting to stay.
I dislike the way you adress other people and I find it very demeaning and you probably should give an apolgy.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Without getting into another debate, the previous comments reminded me of something I wanted to mentioned when I read it in October/November. My name is Luna reminded me a lot of Yuuji's past in The Fruit of Grisaia. Well technically, the second part of the trilogy.
In that trilogy too you go from hilarious moments to really heavy ones. And it is an effect that is actually quite welcome. Specially Akane's path. Angelic Howl route (Akane's path) is totally fantastic and really really heavy.
Those that like Luna's section might want to check it out. I must mention I do not consider Grisaia the masterpiece many do. I would give it an 8. But reading my name is Luna I kept going back to that in my head, to the point that I almost believe Dev had inspired on that to write it. I kind of remembering that Dev said he did not watch any film or read any novel for that part so I kind of forgot to write this.

Last edited:
Reactions: HopesGaming
Feb 29, 2020
To anyone that complains about HopesGaming 's game or more specificaly his story telling. Name one game aside from the only obvious choice of Philly_Games 's Depraved Awakening. That is a better written story.
Most games on here are a dime a dozen copy cats of each other all with pretty much the same premise. MC is for some reason seperated from his family, MC moves back with said family, MC starts to perv on said family.
I just described 178 of the 184 pages of games on this site.
Any game dev can make a game and put up models that you want to jerk your walnut to but there are very few of them on here that can make you get real deep in your feels and make you fall deeply in love with and or feel incredibly sad for one of their charcters with zero lewd content and strictly by story telling.
And for me so far the 2 games I mentioned are the only 2 that accomplish either.

MonkeyLord

Apr 29, 2017
To anyone that complains about HopesGaming 's game or more specificaly his story telling. Name one game aside from the only obvious choice of Philly_Games 's Depraved Awakening. That is a better written story.
Most games on here are a dime a dozen copy cats of each other all with pretty much the same premise. MC is for some reason seperated from his family, MC moves back with said family, MC starts to perv on said family.
Any game dev can make a game and put up models that you want to jerk your walnut to but there are very few of them on here that can make you get real deep in your feels and make you fall deeply in love with and or feel incredibly sad for one of their charcters with zero lewd content and strictly by story telling.
And for me so far the 2 games I mentioned are the only 2 that accomplish either.
To be fair, 1, people will always complain and 2, you are using reasoning and facts when the people who your comment would be aiming at usually don't use either in their arguments. So it's a waste of time to even try to argue with them. Best to just ignore them.

Reactions: kyle_123456

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
No need to go that far as people's tastes are quite varied. I am pretty sure there is some guy that will think what you call is generic is actually better. And that is fine.
In the end it is a matter of demand. If most people think the product is good, you will see a lot of people demanding more. And clearly this game has a lot of demand. Even if they can get it for free (just check the number of Hopesgaming patreon and you see a lot of people are paying, which already says something), they dont need to follow it if the thing is that bad. And that does not seems to be the case. Let the numbers speak by themselves.

• Love
Reactions: Deadshot101
Feb 29, 2020
To be fair, 1, people will always complain and 2, you are using reasoning and facts when the people who your comment would be aiming at usually don't use either in their arguments. So it's a waste of time to even try to argue with them. Best to just ignore them.
I like you. You are officially going into my top 10 favorite people on here (non dev list).Granted I am not sure who the other 9 people are yet. But I have a couple ideas.
Also on a side note where as I agree with what you said. I can't help but show my shilling and appreciation to to the Dev Holy Trinity.

Feb 29, 2020
No need to go that far as people's tastes are quite varied. I am pretty sure there is some guy that will think what you call is generic is actually better. And that is fine.
In the end it is a matter of demand. If most people think the product is good, you will see a lot of people demanding more. And clearly this game has a lot of demand. Even if they can get it for free (just check the number of Hopesgaming patreon and you see a lot of people are paying, which already says something), they dont need to follow it if the thing is that bad. And that does not seems to be the case. Let the numbers speak by themselves.
I don't necessarily judge or try to judge others based on what they like or don't like. I mean heck I am on a site that is predominantly over run with games that contain a "specific fetish" that I can't stand thus giving me very few games that I can actually enjoy. Now granted I have played and am always willing to given a chance to games with said "fetish" based on how it's presented. So in that sense I can understand people liking different things.
What I do have a problem with however is people complaining about how any game dev handles or creates their games especially when that dev clearly goes above and beyond to create a game that is unique and different from almost every other game out there.
And as much of a shill as I am for HopesGaming ( hell my business follows him on Twitter) and even though in my opinion (I am Luna) is the single greatest story ever written He is not my number 1 game dev nor is this my number 1 game I am still always going to speak up in defense of him anytime I read someone bad mouthing him or any other game dev I respect.
Hopefully this made some sense because honestly I kinda felt my thoughts start to drift off while writing it.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Oh c'mon!
You dislike the game because there is stuff in it (the story and the adult stuff) is not to your liking. And hence dislike/hate or whatever word you want to use.
There is nothing contradictory here. At first, the plot developed within the framework of the genre and was simple and good. Then he started jumping from genre to genre and I did not like it. This is a bad manners in literature. I have a negative attitude to this particular aspect, and not to the game as a whole. If you really want to think that I hate your game - be free to do it. I don't mind.

I never said that. Each has its own taste. Obviously, I can express only my own opinion. In addition, there are some literary canons. Some people like it when they are violated, others do not.

Someone like you who is not a player of my game is not someone I want to hear this from (no offense)
In this case, I can only advise you to leave the Internet. There is still no law that would prohibit people from saying things that others don't like to hear. Sad but true. On the other hand, how do you think I could form my opinion about the game if I hadn't played it?
(no offense taken)

Again, who are you to say they are wrong and you are right? Even to go as far as to say infantile, inexperienced, and all kinds of derogatory words towards them?
Again, this is solely my opinion about people who liked this part of the plot. I believe that it could impress only people inexperienced in literature. I do not know how else to say it. The Russian language is a bit richer than English and there is another word in it, besides "inexperienced", which is more suitable here, but I don’t know how to express it in English. I don't want to say that these people are dumber than me or anyone else. Only that their perception of the literati is more ... infantile. And I even realize that I can be wrong. Because in the World there is no ultimate truth. But I still remain in my opinion.

The view of my player-base is what is important. I don't consider you as someone that I want to address in a satisfactory way.
Of course. Obviously, it is up to you to decide how you will feel about my opinion. I didn’t say that you are obliged to listen to me. I didn't even demand you to reply to my message.

I am confused why you still want to play and come back to the game with the views your have.
I disagree with the things you dislike about the game and it will never change. Hence I am more confused about why you keep wanting to stay.
I dislike the way you adress other people and I find it very demeaning and you probably should give an apolgy.
1. I already answered: I am curious.
2. It is up to you.
3. No i shouldn't. Sorry.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Your review was a 2-star;
- The plot is blurry and inconsistent. The author is engaged in graphomania, stuffing comedy, tragedy, detective story, love story, erotic, thriller and some kind of fantasy into one plot.
- There is almost no adult content, and the one that is present is added simply as a fan service, and not part of the plot.

Don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with a low rating or having such an opinion at all. Your review is fine as it is.
But the above review does not match what you are saying. You dislike the game because there is stuff in it (the story and the adult stuff) is not to your liking. And hence dislike/hate or whatever word you want to use.

Secondly, there never was a 'Luna twist'. I think it is just you that failed to notice it.
'My name is luna' is my best-received story event so far and has been loved by most of the player base.
And why are you writing things like it is a fact?

It's completely didn't fit into the humorous line of narration
Who are you to say what fits the narration or not? In my eyes, the playerbase are the judges of that. The one that enjoys the game. Someone like you who is not a player of my game is not someone I want to hear this from (no offense)

looked like an primitive attempt to break a tear from inexperienced, infantile players, those who cry over JVN.

This part is where I lost a bit of respect. The first part of your comment(s) is about the story, the project, me as a dev. All of those things are simply aimed at me and are opinions. Nothing wrong with those at all.
But this sentence is just a big 'middle-finger' to the player base for liking something you dislike. What the hell?

About if the game will never end.
Sure, if that's how you want to look at it. I don't mind. The view of my player-base is what is important. I don't consider you as someone that I want to address in a satisfactory way. Again, no offense. Just prioritizing my players.

To end with,
I respect your low view of the game and me as a dev.
(SMH in disbelief)

At first I was a little bit pissed off with him calling players like myself (who loved Luna's backstory) infantile inexperienced etc etc, but looking back at his review, and his comments, I have to say, why am I not surprised. Still, while it's okay to not like that story if it's not to his taste (while I had no problem with it, there is a minority of the playerbase who felt it was too much. Guess it depends on tastes), insulting the rest of the fanbase who does not share his opinion? Definitely not cool. Not cool at all.

Also, I'm puzzled as well with the way he continues to play when he continues to complain & complain. Just my opinion, but that seems like a really unhealthy way to live a life lol.

Sorry I haven't been around often HopesGaming. Work has me really busy, but I'm really looking forward to the Isabel update!

Hoping Hopes the Godfather, & the rest of the DeLuca Family members stay safe (with Corona worldwide), and hopefully, I'll be back soon for another chat/discussion.

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Oh c'mon!

There is nothing contradictory here. At first, the plot developed within the framework of the genre and was simple and good. Then he started jumping from genre to genre and I did not like it. This is a bad manners in literature. I have a negative attitude to this particular aspect, and not to the game as a whole. If you really want to think that I hate your game - be free to do it. I don't mind.

I never said that. Each has its own taste. Obviously, I can express only my own opinion. In addition, there are some literary canons. Some people like it when they are violated, others do not.

In this case, I can only advise you to leave the Internet. There is still no law that would prohibit people from saying things that others don't like to hear. Sad but true. On the other hand, how do you think I could form my opinion about the game if I hadn't played it?
(no offense taken)

Again, this is solely my opinion about people who liked this part of the plot. I believe that it could impress only people inexperienced in literature. I do not know how else to say it. The Russian language is a bit richer than English and there is another word in it, besides "inexperienced", which is more suitable here, but I don’t know how to express it in English. I don't want to say that these people are dumber than me or anyone else. Only that their perception of the literati is more ... infantile. And I even realize that I can be wrong. Because in the World there is no ultimate truth. But I still remain in my opinion.

Of course. Obviously, it is up to you to decide how you will feel about my opinion. I didn’t say that you are obliged to listen to me. I didn't even demand you to reply to my message.

1. I already answered: I am curious.
2. It is up to you.
3. No i shouldn't. Sorry.
I see. It seems like your lack of English skills is making you misunderstand things a bit and also going a bit back and forth with what you are saying (or trying to say)
I am a non-native as well so I can understand your struggle.
Let me try to make it as easy to understand as possible.

1. You are not a fan of the game. You gave the game a low rating and have constantly given negative statements towards the game and me as a dev. Nothing wrong with that per say. But don't be weird and say you don't dislike the game.

2. You're writing everything you say as it is facts while you are then saying it's just your opinion.
Try to study it up a bit. Example;
"This is bad." This is a statement. A fact.
"I think this is bad." This is an opinion. Not a fact.

One is okay (opinions) the other is only used by douchebags (false facts)
The Russian language should be able to differentiate between them as well. So this should not be a language barrier thing.

3. I never said you weren't allowed to write your opinions. I just found it odd.
As you said yourself; I am just curious.
Why would someone purposely be in a place he does not want to be at.
Why would someone constantly play something they dislike. I always found it so weird as a developer.
I am also a player. I play tons of games. Adults and non-adults. Never have I forced myself to play a game I didn't like. That's just weird.

4. You use incredible toxic words towards the players of the game. But excuse yourself because you say you're a non-native? As a fellow non-native all I can say is- BS.
You know exactly that those words are negative and only meant to offend.
To add, you even say you won't be apologetic towards people you offend.

5. You have a hard time accepting other people's preferences. You want every game made for you and you only. When a game is not made for you- then you become offended. You feel like you're the above all the other players. They do not have your 'insight and knowledge' and hence are infantile and inexperienced.
I may be mistaken by this last part. But the only logical way of seeing your behavior.

Anyway, glad you don't take any offense in all of this.
Hope this answers some of your questions and thoughts.
Peace

Blaze616

Jul 26, 2018
Dude hate to say it, you sound like a snob with that kind of tone. You in one fell swoop categorized all the people who liked this game as being not literary, being kids, and dumb. I don't think you have read any good literature, or even if you have just for saying hey look at me: I read "literature". Cause you clearly exemplify of a little learning is a dangerous Thing

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Let me try again to explain my attitude to this game. So that you and other people can understand me.

That is how I see your game by now. And this is my main complaint. But not only.
And I mean by default, as obvious, the fact that any of my opinions is just my opinion and not a scientifically proven fact. Because it's obvious that everyone has different tastes.
And in order to briefly explain why I am here, which you cannot understand at all, I will simply say: Because I want and I can. And I don’t see the need to explain why I want. Because the simple answer is: I'm curious. But you do not find satisfaction in this answer.
I was not even going to get into a discussion of the game. It just seemed funny to me that you were going to release the update exactly half a year after my message that the update would be released half a year later and called my “prediction” the negative rout. You must admit, it's really funny.
And I repeat again, to clarify, I do not consider other people worse than me or dumber. I consider myself more experienced in literature than SOME other people, based on some observations. This does not make my argument negative or offensive. And I am only glad for a healthy discussion on this subject. Maybe an experienced literary critic will come and explain reasonably that I'm wrong and your game is a masterpiece worthy of Pulitzer Prize. Perhaps I will agree with him if his arguments are convincing enough.

That's all.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Let me try again to explain my attitude to this game. So that you and other people can understand me.

That is how I see your game by now. And this is my main complaint. But not only.
And I mean by default, as obvious, the fact that any of my opinions is just my opinion and not a scientifically proven fact. Because it's obvious that everyone has different tastes.
And in order to briefly explain why I am here, which you cannot understand at all, I will simply say: Because I want and I can. And I don’t see the need to explain why I want. Because the simple answer is: I'm curious. But you do not find satisfaction in this answer.
I was not even going to get into a discussion of the game. It just seemed funny to me that you were going to release the update exactly half a year after my message that the update would be released half a year later and called my “prediction” the negative rout. You must admit, it's really funny.
And I repeat again, to clarify, I do not consider other people worse than me or dumber. I consider myself more experienced in literature than SOME other people, based on some observations. This does not make my argument negative or offensive. And I am only glad for a healthy discussion on this subject. Maybe an experienced literary critic will come and explain reasonably that I'm wrong and your game is a masterpiece worthy of Pulitzer Prize. Perhaps I will agree with him if his arguments are convincing enough.

That's all.
Heh, I think you are misunderstanding again. And sadly a reoccurring thing so it is a bit difficult. But I will try to make it even more simple.

Yes, we do understand what you mean. You do not like the story because you find it weird. You don't like how the genres are being mixed up. How I am not following the 'guidelines' of common storytelling.

Let me try to make this clear as possible; I've never cared about the guidelines. I don't care about what is usually 'no-no' to do in literature. I write whatever I wish to write. No restriction.
And about your example of the untouchable. Let say it was like that. The ONLY thing that matters for the producers and authors is if people enjoy it or not.
So what if it's weird and doesn't follow the norm? It's entertainment and the purpose of entertainment is to entertain. If the majority has been entertained then the author has done his/her job.

Why would you even care about that one dude who claims to be an expert and be like 'nuh-uh, I no like that way. Not normal! You're bad!'

In your mind; what is important is not the enjoyment of the story. Not how good or bad it is. Only if it follows the literary rules or not. That, in my humble opinion, is a big fallacy and a big halt to future great works.
As I said before, many great stories throughout our times have come by NOT following what is normal but rather by experimenting with different things.

About the 'experienced literary critic'... Who gives a shit? I am not looking for approval from a critic nor from you.
If 90% of my players tell me they dislike the story. I listen.
If some random critic or toxic guy tells me it. I laugh.

I have a targeted audience already.
An ice cream shop that only sells vanilla would not change it's way because someone who dislikes vanilla comes in and complains about it.

And in order to briefly explain why I am here, which you cannot understand at all, I will simply say: Because I want and I can. And I don’t see the need to explain why I want.
So basically- because you want to be toxic?
Looking at your past post at the different game threads- almost all of the comments are negative comments.

I was not even going to get into a discussion of the game
You commented. I answered.
I am very active on the thread. The only time I am not is after a release. Due to the number of comments.

I don't shy away from toxic people. I don't curse or become aggressive. Instead, I am curious as to why you behave the way you guys do.
Why do you feel the need to spend your time writing over 200 comments attacking devs, games and normal players?
Why do you think you are above other people and think it's okay to use derogatory words (and no, attacking someone and then saying that you didn't mean it as an attack is not possible. As someone who claims to be a literature expert, you should know that.)

OniChichii

Dec 2, 2019
what a masterpiece !!! i just finish the current game and waow ! the scen with little luna it very well writtent. congrats you won one more patron.

do you recommende other games like this one ??

Reactions: Game Bond

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
what a masterpiece !!! i just finish the current game and waow ! the scen with little luna it very well writtent. congrats you won one more patron.

do you recommende other games like this one ??
Thanks for the kind words!

Acting lesson and Being a Dik from DrPinkCake
Depraved awakening and City of Broken Dreams by PhillyGames

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes