JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Adding something in the OP here would be good also.
I think in terms of f95, I've yet to see it ever get addressed in advance. It always gets addressed in OP in ChangeLog after the update actually gets released (since ChangeLog basically states everything that's changed with the game, including any overhauls and new content).

I'm talking about people who might end up being patrons. All development updates are locked and remember not everyone is familiar with f95 search options like searching for specific words or user post. Some games like WIAB have something about the game being reworked on their patreon page. All they see is the last release date being nearly 8 months ago here and a bunch of locked posts on the patreon page.
lol if only they would even look at the Patreon page. Almost everyone who ask the questions "Is this game abandoned?" or "When is the update coming" don't even bother with that. Hell, they don't even bother browsing through the recent 5~6 pages to see if it's stated there about the status of the game (and that, basically anyone can do, regardless of whether they're good at using the search functions or not).

So yeah, more often than not lazyness & expectation to be spoon-fed info (which is not that hard to get, if one actually tries to look for the info) plays a big part of it.

lol it was a direct response, rather than a generic one. As such, it wasn't really supposed to be subtle. It was open mockery.
Not gonna lie. It was quite amusing to see actual real life Filiuses get real salty after that event and show themselves.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
100% & it's the gift that keeps on giving, in that regard! :ROFLMAO:
And it's not just the Filius content. Remember that one day when everyone just became all nice and polite all of a sudden and began to say hi and state where they're from (for no reason)? :LOL:

Well I think Hopes said he may just use that as part of an event, where characters state where they're from for no reason (featuring Gottardo and Joey).

Filius content is gold, but tbh, I think as long as it's something funny, quirky I'd guess anything goes :ROFLMAO:.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
And it's not just the Filius content. Remember that one day when everyone just became all nice and polite all of a sudden and began to say hi and state where they're from (for no reason)? :LOL:

Well I think Hopes said he may just use that as part of an event, where characters state where they're from for no reason (featuring Gottardo and Joey).

Filius content is gold, but tbh, I think as long as it's something funny, quirky I'd guess anything goes :ROFLMAO:.
I forgot that happened, and you know what is even funnier, this happened in several other threads as well, but hey as long as it gives hopes content it is fine right?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

Ha ha ha, yes! I do remember that! Actually, I remember posting as part of that! :LOL:
Yeah, he had his 5 minutes of fame, that's enough for him. (y) Plenty of other funny stuff to exploit.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I forgot that happened, and you know what is even funnier, this happened in several other threads as well, but hey as long as it gives hopes content it is fine right?
I remember because I am one of the guilty ones. :LOL:
Woke up, came to the DeLuca thread, and saw whole bunch of people doing it (with no insults, and perfectly respectful, and all nice and everything) and thought "Wow, it must be the "be nice to everyone day" in DeLuca thread, and yeah did it myself :ROFLMAO:

So I guess in a way, I contributed to the cause lol.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
And it's not just the Filius content. Remember that one day when everyone just became all nice and polite all of a sudden and began to say hi and state where they're from (for no reason)?
I remember seeing everybody so nicely speaking to each other, welcoming people, answering questions without resorting to sarcasm or outright mockery (who does that my goodness! :rolleyes:)

It gave me goosebumps.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I remember seeing everybody so nicely speaking to each other, welcoming people, answering questions without resorting to sarcasm or outright mockery (who does that my goodness! :rolleyes:)
Sacrilege! Everone needs to be as cynically as possible, so no new face risk to enter this thread.:sneaky:

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
the update will be 100% there. so cool. 9 months waiting. hope its a big update XD.
Depends on what you consider "big". Gameplay is getting a big update as the contracts are being remake in an interactive way. Story wise, it will not be that big.

Reactions: JJJ84

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Depends on what you consider "big". Gameplay is getting a big update as the contracts are being remake in an interactive way. Story wise, it will not be that big.
WHAT!? really? but it's been so long since the last update! how can he justify that? MILKING!!! it should have the abandoned tag!!!............oh wait.......

So that's what the "other side" feels like..........idiots.....

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah. regarding main story, it's gonna be size of a normal update (though who knows Eiza sister mission could be the Straffan mission length or even a bit longer).

Though I guess we might be able to count Wilfred's Contracts as mini-stories as well (and we get to meet the new female character in one of them).
I think I remember Hopes saying some of these Contracts, he has written them himself, whereas some of them he did get the community (Discord I think) to write their own contracts (though with community ones, Hopes overseeing the submitted Contracts & making changes/corrections so they don't cause any conflicts or inconsistency with his established lore of DeLuca universe).

Reactions: Ayhsel

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
You might want to play Sorcerer. That game has what every guy playing an adult visual novel really wants.

HopesGaming this could have been Deluca's MC. My heart still waits..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT: Just to make it clear. When I said that that game had what every guy playing AVN wanted, I meant the pet dragon. She is cute as fuck!
The hell is that feather-y thing there? :oops: Looks like a parrot with a lizard tale. Is that one of them winged dinosaurs, something between dinos and birds?
Because dragons have scales stronger than the composite armor of a battle tank and they have bat-like wings. No cutesy fucking feathers! :cautious: Feathers on a dragon... that's... blasphemy!

Smaug, Drogon, Rhaegal, Viserion, Draco and a bunch of other well respected dragons are deeply offended by this attempt of trying to call a wisp of feathers a dragon! :eek:
:p

Yes, but enabling the behaviour by spoonfeeding them, as we've all seen happen plenty, doesn't help. Quite the opposite.
All it does is validate and encourage others to do the same.
As the old expression rightly states:
Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he can eat for a lifetime.
I was about to post the same Chinese proverb before I noticed your post. So I'm going to post a quote that is at least as helpful and I like a lot more, by Terry Pratchett:
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2016
Is it just me or the Filius Canis part could have been more subtle ? I mean we get it, he is the embodiment of the internet hater, but I think he got way too much "screen time"
lol it was a direct response, rather than a generic one. As such, it wasn't really supposed to be subtle. It was open mockery.
I agree with FionQuantique actually. I get the catharsis of dunking on trolls, especially since they were quite active during that period, but I remember feeling like it broke the flow of that scene quite a bit, especially since it went on for quite a while. I generally quite like the Hope's humor in the game but bringing in forum drama/annoyance/negativity into the game itself didn't land for me.

Anyway, I guess it's a difference in taste. Overall Hope provides top tier content so I can't complain about it too much :p

Reactions: albul

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The hell is that feather-y thing there? :oops: Looks like a parrot with a lizard tale. Is that one of them winged dinosaurs, something between dinos and birds?
Because dragons have scales stronger than the composite armor of a battle tank and they have bat-like wings. No cutesy fucking feathers! :cautious: Feathers on a dragon... that's... blasphemy!

Smaug, Drogon, Rhaegal, Viserion, Draco and a bunch of other well respected dragons are deeply offended by this attempt of trying to call a wisp of feathers a dragon! :eek:
:p

I was about to post the same Chinese proverb before I noticed your post. So I'm going to post a quote that is at least as helpful and I like a lot more, by Terry Pratchett:
She is a fairy dragon! And I only had her for a few weeks now since I started the game. But if anything happened to her I would kill everyone in this forum and then myself!

Last edited:

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I downloaded the game, started it, but the Deluca Family screen comes up, nothing else appears.
How do i solve this Just standing
View attachment 1088936
Sounds like a file may have been downloaded wrong. I would suggest deleting the game and trying again, to where if it screws up again, there may be a problem with the download.

Reactions: EGEMN

EGEMN

Dec 7, 2020
Sounds like a file may have been downloaded wrong. I would suggest deleting the game and trying again, to where if it screws up again, there may be a problem with the download.
Ok let me try that way thanks.
Edit: 1 I used nopy for my first download because anonfiles and filesupload are giving errors, mega is full of quota and I'm trying nopy again.
Edit: 2 It didn't work. How can I solve this problem. Can someone who knows help?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes