thenono

Oct 16, 2017
Hopes has put a request up on Discord today for more Beta testers, still not the end of the month yet and hasn't commented saying there will be a delay. Its not like him to give guarantees but he did say 100% this month, lets actually let it get there first before the complaining

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hi HopesGaming,
If old saves won't work, will you offer a save at the beginning of the new content, or an option to skip to the new content.
I love your game, but there are a few non-story related tasks that take an awful long time to do, like raising ranks and clicking dozens of times through the menus or wait a few days etc..
I don't have a lot of time for games, so really don't want to spend hours replaying content I already know, and you can't skip through the parts I mentioned.

It's not that I'm demanding anything, just asking friendly.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hi HopesGaming,
If old saves won't work, will you offer a save at the beginning of the new content, or an option to skip to the new content.
I love your game, but there are a few non-story related tasks that take an awful long time to do, like raising ranks and clicking dozens of times through the menus or wait a few days etc..
I don't have a lot of time for games, so really don't want to spend hours replaying content I already know, and you can't skip through the parts I mentioned.

As a main part of the re-write is the contracts, the whole part about working up the ranks must be done again.
Good news is that it's no longer just clicking on the mission. There is now content to explore & girls to meet, whilst doing the contracts.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
As a main part of the re-write is the contracts, the whole part about working up the ranks must be done again.
Which is kind of my point, I don't want to do that again if there's any way to avoid it.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Which is kind of my point, I don't want to do that again if there's any way to avoid it.
Well I just kinda told you that there isn't a way to avoid it.
It's tied to a whole new part of the game.
As I say, don't despair, as they now contain actual content, instead of just clicking on the mission and time passing, you will now be meeting people for one time encounters..;)
I think there's some combat been put in, too.
It's not just repeating what you did before, it's a whole new set of events.

botc76

Donor
Oct 23, 2016
botc76
As whichone said, the whole gameplay part is getting an overhaul so that can't be skipped.
With that said, there will be an option to remove gameplay. Either in this update or added in a week after update.
Oh man, that would be so great. It's not like actual gameplay is the worst, but I do prefer to just play regular VNs normally.
Still, I'll of course give it at least try how the new version plays, Luna deserves that much.
And thanks for the quick answer.

I guess it's an age thing with me, the older I get, the less inclined I am to spend time repeating stuff. I even stopped playing Souls-like games because I don't have the patience to die again and again and do what feels like wasting hours upon hours of my limited time.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hi HopesGaming,

New gameplay, as Hopes said above, is optional. Story content till now that we're familiar with, well I guess control fast skip is your best friend.

For me, I think I'm just gonna take my time playing through everything slowly from the beginning. Don't really like skipping new content (even if it's contracts), and old stuff, well. I don't mind going through it all again to see if there's anything I've missed the previous time I played.

That's just me though. It's totally understandable if there are people who skip straight through to Eiza's rescue mission event.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteyG

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I'm actually looking forward to the replay. I would have replayed it recently if I wasn't going to have to do it again after the update. Of course getting through My Name is Luna again will be the hardest part :cry: as well as one of the best parts :). Can't wait for the new content with the contracts and the rescue mission I'm sure it will be great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saipan and JJJ84

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
milkmilkmilk :S hope the next release is worth the 9 months.
Pro tip, it never is.

Regular deliveries, ALWAYS beats out trying to go for the super upload. The work proceeds at a linear pace, but expectations go exponential.

I think this is a good game, but what separates good from great is the devs who can keep to a steady release, doesn't mean they don't take longer, especially as the game progresses, but production should be steady.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
milkmilkmilk :S hope the next release is worth the 9 months.
It isn't. Best that you find another game. Forget this one.

Pro tip, it never is.

Regular deliveries, ALWAYS beats out trying to go for the super upload. The work proceeds at a linear pace, but expectations go exponential.

I think this is a good game, but what separates good from great is the devs who can keep to a steady release, doesn't mean they don't take longer, especially as the game progresses, but production should be steady.
I'd agree if this was a company with a paid product.
But this is a hobby project that is free (even outside of f95).
I am not going for a super upload nor have I promised the world.

4.40 star(s) 497 Votes