Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019
You are correct that indeed Patreon is about supporting the creator, not about buying the product as such. Then again, patreonees give rules - they make tiers with certain benefits - and changing those rules willy-nilly is not the solution as Ayhsel correctly pointed out. The more general question of whether this is "right" or "wrong" is not to be answered here, but either with patreon themselves or at least in the corresponding page over there. As it is, people knew what they were signing up for and what they were not signing up for.
i get that about the tiers getting different rewards based on the tier i guess when games give out betas im less upset about it then when he gives full release and slowly drips out to the rest and only because of the amount of time it takes for each update if he updated the game every 3 or 4 or even 5 months i wouldnt care at all but it takes close to a year for every update, ive been playing this game since the first version was out i stopped supporting when updates started taking forever i hate not being able to be like oh it will come out in a few months and get 2 to 3 updates a year instead stuck to 1 update a year.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FunFuntomes

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
if he updated the game every 3 or 4 or even 5 months i wouldnt care at all but it takes close to a year for every update, i
This is the first/only time any of the updates have taken this long & it's due to a major rework.
It's an exception, one time. Why do you claim it as the rule, when it's not?
Please, use punctuation. It will make reading your comments easier. (y)

Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019
This is the first/only time any of the updates have taken this long & it's due to a major rework.
It's an exception, one time. Why do you claim it as the rule, when it's not?
Please, use punctuation. It will make reading your comments easier. (y)
yeah this is the longest it ever been for an update but the last 2 before this one still took 6 months in-between

Zentis

Aug 5, 2019
yeah this is the longest it ever been for an update but the last 2 before this one still took 6 months in-between
Have you seen other games that are produced at such a high quality, both in terms of content and renders? Those take about 4-5 months with the same amount of content, but they are produced by full-time developers. Hopes has made it clear that this is not his main profession. Let him do it at his pace.

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
i get that this a a pirate site but damn u saying patreons are customers is so far from the truth of patreon, seeing how the dev isnt bound by normal stuff patreons are donaters not customers we donate for the possibity that they finish their work. imo all tiers are the same its weather u want to give more money or have a bigger income and say fuck it i want to see this game finished so im risking giving money to a project that might not be finished.
there are so many games where people gave money and the dev abandoned it without saying anything, or countine to give updates but never have anything to release.
I don't think its that simple, the tier are clearly not the same just by the fact that every tier has its own benefit. Now i don't think that benefit plays a really big role on picking the tier choices (cause the defining factor is probably income and how likeable the game is for him/her) but if u like the game a lot and decided to donate 30$/month to it then you probably might as well looking for the benefit that came from it to make you feel more special. And i do think patron could be considered as a customer because by just having a patron, dev will be obliged to atleast gives an update every month even without a release anywhere soon, cause if there is no update then people will feel like its a scam.

Probably pretty confusing there but my point is, No, patrons is not just a mere donators, atleast some of them... there are also some people who want to feel special and its also one of a thank you from the dev for supporting the game.

miamibrice

Oct 5, 2018
I know it'll be a bit before we see a release here...but has anyone heard any feedback about? Good, bad, or indifferent?

Anthony2

Jan 7, 2019
I don't think its that simple, the tier are clearly not the same just by the fact that every tier has its own benefit. Now i don't think that benefit plays a really big role on picking the tier choices (cause the defining factor is probably income and how likeable the game is for him/her) but if u like the game a lot and decided to donate 30$/month to it then you probably might as well looking for the benefit that came from it to make you feel more special. And i do think patron could be considered as a customer because by just having a patron, dev will be obliged to atleast gives an update every month even without a release anywhere soon, cause if there is no update then people will feel like its a scam.

Probably pretty confusing there but my point is, No, patrons is not just a mere donators, atleast some of them... there are also some people who want to feel special and its also one of a thank you from the dev for supporting the game.
then more people then i thought give money to feel special then give money cause this is what they have to give and want to see it finished. i dont even read what the tiers get when i donate i just like the game and this is the amount i can give here you go.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
then more people then i thought give money to feel special then give money cause this is what they have to give and want to see it finished. i dont even read what the tiers get when i donate i just like the game and this is the amount i can give here you go.
Well yeah sure you could do that, but even though ur fine on not having the benefit that doesn't mean the dev should just forgot about the benefit, not everyone is just like you, your feelings doesn't represent the rest of the patron, even if they didn't need the benefit, the dev should still give the benefit that was promised.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes