whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Instead of continuing the story I went grinding for a while then went to do the girls missions till the point where I couldnt progress until I did more story missions thats what I do every single game I ever play so when I get further in game its smooth sailing but Im aware some games punish the player for doing this but dont think thats possible with renpy
I play in a similar style, try to do as many side missions to gain power, so that I'm often a little OP for main missions.
Did the same with this and didn't get any problems.
I remember the gun problem being there with 7.0, but thought it was fixed with 7.1.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoe_meat

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The fact that old saves don't work broke my spirt... I don't think I can start all the way over :( so much time lost
How long since you last played?
I played the 6.6 update and 10 months was long enough, that starting over felt like picking up a great book I read ages ago.
Highly enjoyed re-familiarising myself with the Family. Plus there is new content, with the Contracts, to figure out while playing through. There is a new part during the intro, that sets up possible future competition. There is a new mission, to rescue Eiza's sister.
Plenty of good stuff to go through.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Yes I did everthing I just cant progress main events any further because apparently I dont have a gun that Im supposed to have already. My save file and these are the only missions not complete but for some odd reason I completed the last mission which you see is green but unable to complete the previous missions.
If I remember correctly, there was a solution in the older replies to this thread written by Skataaaaa . A mode or script or something to re-open promotion event if you dont have any of the pieces comes from promotion event. But beware, there is a chance that I am confusing fix for something else or that message written by someone else.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
How long since you last played?
I played the 6.6 update and 10 months was long enough, that starting over felt like picking up a great book I read ages ago.
Highly enjoyed re-familiarising myself with the Family. Plus there is new content, with the Contracts, to figure out while playing through. There is a new part during the intro, that sets up possible future competition. There is a new mission, to rescue Eiza's sister.
Plenty of good stuff to go through.
Question!
How could you managed stay away from this game 10 months? In the time period between 0.06.6 and 0.07.1 I played at least once a month :ROFLMAO:

SnS

Dec 4, 2018
Recently completed the play-through of the rewrite. Interesting additions, although I'm wondering
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
lmao! I had nothing left to do in the game, so was getting my DeLuca fix here, instead! :ROFLMAO:
I cant keep away myself from scenes like Eizas failure or Antonios warehouse fight for too long, when I have free time at my hand I just replay them from gallery or start over :ROFLMAO: A well used music creates wonders

Reactions: whichone

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Recently completed the play-through of the rewrite. Interesting additions, although I'm wondering
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think a healthy mind cant get over with constant killing or being under risk of dying constantly so every one of them snap at some point. Like soldiers traumas when they return from war/conflict etc. These people live in this situation like always. Of course in the game it is overly exagrated and made more humorous but there is some glimpse of truth.

Anyway, when Biondo and Gray becomes capos, word deranged in this sentence will earn a new meaning I guess. :ROFLMAO: They look like absolute morons for now.

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and whichone

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
lol I admit to going through the warehouse a couple of times - I wanted the screenshot of Luna's "Die, die, die, die!!!" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think anyone could take screenshots of Lunas every scene. Her scenes are sensual or beatiful or hilarious. She is the crown jewel of this game -for me at least- :ROFLMAO:

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Will be interesting to see which rank the new blonde guy, from the start, manages to attain, if he reappears...
I'm sure we all smelled possible competition in the air.
He will definetely reappear, I cant even imagine Hopes re-creates intro for three new characters just to dump those afterwards. I think Dominico will be a rival or maybe even a nemesis to MC some part. Even uncle can try to solve hostility between them in the future.

lol I'm lucky, my crown has 4 bright, shining jewels.
My favourite changes, depending on which one I'm with! (No pun intended.)
They are all "my precious".
They are all jewels, that for sure. I love them all :ROFLMAO: But for me, Luna is more precious than others. I dont know, it is because of "My name is Luna" mission or her romance story was really a natural one but I am attracted her more than others. Of course that could change in the progression of story.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
He will definetely reappear, I cant even imagine Hopes re-creates intro for three new characters just to dump those afterwards. I think Dominico will be a rival or maybe even a nemesis to MC some part. Even uncle can try to solve hostility between them in the future.
Agreed. Quite intrigued by the prospect.
They are all jewels, that for sure. I love them all :ROFLMAO: But for me, Luna is more precious than others. I dont know, it is because of "My name is Luna" mission or her romance story was really a natural one but I am attracted her more than others. Of course that could change in the progression of story.
I love Isabel, adore her, in Fly, White Bird, Fly!
Gracie I fall in love with, every time I'm with her.
Cordia, well she's irresistible. Again, every time I'm with her, I'm :love:
Luna we all fell head over heels with, during The Cave. Then the pledge made to her, with the Russian roulette, then top it off with My Name Is Luna (as you say) & it's easy to see why she's a favourite.

Reactions: Lord Verminaard

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
with the Russian roulette
I think one of the most impressive parts was this in her storyline. While she pulls trigger to herself, there was a bullet in the chamber. She was literally playing with her own life. But while giving the gun to MC, she take that bullet and gave MC an empty gun. She simply couldnt put him to risk.

Of course one might argue about that oath was pointless and I cant decide that either. But knowing that, for Luna it is important enough to play with her own life, "Luna loves MC more than her own life at that point" is a logical conclusion. Even Wilfred noticed it and fprbid Luna from going "Burn the umbras" contract.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I think one of the most impressive parts was this in her storyline. While she pulls trigger to herself, there was a bullet in the chamber. She was literally playing with her own life. But while giving the gun to MC, she take that bullet and gave MC an empty gun. She simply couldnt put him to risk.

Of course one might argue about that oath was pointless and I cant decide that either. But knowing that, for Luna it is important enough to play with her own life, "Luna loves MC more than her own life at that point" is a logical conclusion. Even Wilfred noticed it and fprbid Luna from going "Burn the umbras" contract.
I don't agree with the argument that the oath is pointless.
It's not.
The MC didn't know that there was no bullet. So for him/us, the risk was 100% real and we still took it.
That makes the oath genuine & taken in good faith, by us.
For her, she had the bullet. So clearly genuine & taken in good faith, by her.

Us taking the oath, fully believing that we could die, proved our commitment to her, unquestionably.
The fact that the risk wasn't real doesn't diminish what we did, because it was real to us.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I don't agree with the argument that the oath is pointless.
It's not.
The MC didn't know that there was no bullet. So for him/us, the risk was 100% real and we still took it.
That makes the oath genuine & taken in good faith, by us.
For her, she had the bullet. So clearly genuine & taken in good faith, by her.

Us taking the oath, fully believing that we could die, proved our commitment to her, unquestionably.
The fact that the risk wasn't real doesn't diminish what we did, because it was real to us.
I agree, she dont trust even Cordia and Wilfred enough to include them her search of Mysterious six, how can she trust a guy kept hostage by her family? Of course she put MC to a test.

I added "I cant decide" part to avoid "that was not necessary" discussions :ROFLMAO:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I agree, she dont trust even Cordia and Wilfred enough to include her search of Mysterious six, how can she trust a guy kept hostage by her family? Of course she put MC to a test.

I added "I cant decide" part to avoid "that was not necessary" discussions :ROFLMAO:
What we were saying before, about favourite girls, made me think.
The writing is pretty clever here.
Luna is strong, fearless and indomitable, yet we kind of need to protect her and shield her from harm.
Gracie is super-intelligent, yet we kind of need to teach her.

MC is not stronger or more fearless (or more skilled!) than Luna, yet still most people feel this way - protective.
MC is nowhere near as smart as Gracie, yet we're teaching her about stuff we do know more about - people/intimacy.
It's a bit of a role reversal, for each.
It's also quite a nice psychological touch, hugely potent in a seemingly impotent scenario.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lord Verminaard

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
What we were saying before, about favourite girls, made me think.
The writing is pretty clever here.
Luna is strong, fearless and indomitable, yet we kind of need to protect her and shield her from harm.
Gracie is super-intelligent, yet we kind of need to teach her.

MC is not stronger or more fearless (or more skilled!) than Luna, yet still most people feel this way - protective.
MC is nowhere near as smart as Gracie, yet we're teaching her about stuff we do know more about - people/intimacy.
It's a bit of a role reversal, for each.
It's also quite a nice psychological touch, hugely potent in a seemingly impotent scenario.
I always thought these points as "Shell is most brittle where it seems stronger" type of thing, never think that deeply :confused: I always thought people always tend to neglect their strengths because they think they are strong at that point and try to reinforce weaker points.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I always thought these points as "Shell is most brittle where it seems stronger" type of thing, never think that deeply :confused: I always thought people always tend to neglect their strengths because they think they are strong at that point andtry to reinforce weaker points.
You see what I mean, about being made to feel potent in scenarios where we should really, by all rights, be relatively impotent?

It's definitely their Achilles' heel.
Gracie is super smart in everything except this. This is actually something she has no knowledge of.
To teach her of anything else, we would be impotent. But, for this one thing, we need to teach her. We are potent.
Luna is super kick ass, but she's damaged. Underneath the hard shell, there's a small girl, trapped in a cage, suffering.
To protect her from anything else, we would be impotent. But, for this one thing, we need to protect her. We are potent.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 493 Votes