whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
1711052162056.png
This is factually incorrect.
It did not lead "to the betrayal of two of the Serpents, one of whom was her fiance".
Her fiance & Rina - the two Serpents - who betrayed them?
They betrayed Cordia, so it led to betrayal by those two Serpents.

It references things we have no idea about, spends 2-3 pages talking about redundant families that no longer exist that are not mentioned in the game.
1711052343405.png
What "conflict with her own sister"? If you're going to reference it, tell us about it.
Up until that sentence, I don't remember ever hearing about Cordia even having a Sister, never mind them having some form of conflict.
1711052502389.png
If this "Battle of The Blood" is so "notorious", why is it not mentioned in the "History" section, with the other 2 major battles?
Same as the conflict with her sister, if you're going to mention it, tell us what it is.

It misses key information on crucial main characters, such as Cordia having a son!! It mentions her having two daughters, but Antonio is completely absent. He is next in line, yet he is not mentioned once, on the "DeLuca Family" page.

Worst thing, is that it's just a massive info dump & lots of it is currently irrelevant, or redundant.
Pages on Families we've not even heard of, never mind met. Also pages on Families that no longer even exist.
It would be much better if it unlocked the codex entries when we meet, or hear about, corresponding information.
e.g. We meet someone from La Fata family, or we hear them mentioned - codex for La Fata unlocks. Maybe the "C" could light up, to let us know.

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
View attachment 3466542
It did not lead "to the betrayal of two of the Serpents, one of whom was her fiance".

It references things we have no idea about, spends 2-3 pages talking about redundant families that no longer exist that are not mentioned in the game.
View attachment 3466564
What "conflict with her own sister"? If you're going to reference it, tell us about it.
Up until that sentence, I don't remember ever hearing about Cordia even having a Sister, never mind them having some form of conflict.
View attachment 3466581
If this "Battle of The Blood" is so "notorious", why is it not mentioned in the "History" section, with the other 2 major battles?
Same as the conflict with her sister, if you're going to mention it, tell us what it is.

It misses key information on crucial main characters, such as Cordia having a son!! It mentions her having two daughters, but Antonio is completely absent. He is next in line, yet he is not mentioned once, on the "DeLuca Family" page.

Worst thing, is that it's just a massive info dump & lots of it is currently irrelevant, or redundant.
Pages on Families we've not even heard of, never mind met. Also pages on Families that no longer even exist.
It would be much better if it unlocked the codex entries when we meet, or hear about, corresponding information.
e.g. We meet someone from La Fata family, or we hear them mentioned - codex for La Fata unlocks. Maybe the "C" could light up, to let us know.
Sorry to hear you didn't like the codex

My thought process for the style of the lore codex was for lore and world building, rather than having it feel like the world revolves around the player. So, when we do get to meet some of the mentioned families, the people that read through the lore section would go - aha I know that family.
When playing games, I've always enjoyed reading about lore I find when exploring and tend to skip pop up codex as it feels like - "here's more information about what you just heard".

Of course, the codex has many places it can improve and change, so I'm focusing very much on the feedback on the codex currently. If most players share your view of the codex style (lore added based on player knowledge) then that is something I have to take a look at and change if necessary. So appreciate the feedback, whichone.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

My thought process for the style of the lore codex was for lore and world building, rather than having it feel like the world revolves around the player. So, when we do get to meet some of the mentioned families, the people that read through the lore section would go - aha I know that family.
When playing games, I've always enjoyed reading about lore I find when exploring and tend to skip pop up codex as it feels like - "here's more information about what you just heard".

Of course, the codex has many places it can improve and change, so I'm focusing very much on the feedback on the codex currently. If most players share your view of the codex style (lore added based on player knowledge) then that is something I have to take a look at and change if necessary. So appreciate the feedback, whichone.
Sometimes when a trigger is required

The play style chosen may not trigger it. So you get an incomplete codex. I could see relevant entries popping as a group after a main quest step. Like how the character cards for the girls change as you get to "know" them better.

Main line step 4 - all these families are met by now, so boom here is the codex for all of them
etc
etc

But that is just my thought

Reactions: HopesGaming

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

It's not just the delivery, or the duff information\mistakes.
It's the fact that we're reading about families that don't exist anymore. If they have no relevance, why are they there? At least tie them into something we do know about. Otherwise it has no value.

That's the same with the Families that do exist, that we've not heard of. If we haven't heard of them, then yeah, reading about them in advance can add some anticipation, but as it stands it has zero context.

Plus the fact that it mentions things that it gives us no information about.
What was the "notorious War of The Blood"? Why does it talk about this as if it's some momentous event, yet it's not mentioned anywhere else. Should be an entry in the "History" section, if it's so notorious. Are we supposed to just guess?

When did Cordia get a Sister? What was the conflict between them?
It mentions this as a throwaway statement & gives us nothing about it. So why mention it?

Did you forget that Antonio exists, when writing the DeLuca Family page? It mentions Cordia having two daughters, it even mentions Wilfred. Antonio is totally absent.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
It's not just the delivery, or the duff information\mistakes.
It's the fact that we're reading about families that don't exist anymore. If they have no relevance, why are they there? At least tie them into something we do know about.
That's the same with the Families that do exist, that we've not heard of. If we haven't heard of them, then yeah, reading about them in advance can add some anticipation, but as it stands it has zero context.

Plus the fact that it mentions things that it gives us no information about.
What was the "notorious War of The Blood"? Why does it talk about this as if it's some momentous event, yet it's not mentioned anywhere else. Should be an entry in the "History" section, if it's so notorious. Are we supposed to just guess?

When did Cordia get a Sister? What was the conflict between them?
It mentions this as a throwaway statement & gives us nothing about it. So why mention it?

Did you forget that Antonio exists, when writing the DeLuca Family page? It mentions Cordia having two daughters, it even mentions Wilfred. Antonio is totally absent.
The Families that do not exist anymore are still in there because they had a major role in the past. And for the world building aspect, they were included. But, I agree that dedicated pages for those Families could have been emitted, and could have been used for some other current families instead. Some of them will still play a big role in the story even after they are now gone, tho.

Some named events will be added to the lore (the codex is far from done), while others will stay just named and are more used to show that it left a footprint on the underground world.

Cordia's sister was the reason for the alliance between the DeLuca and the Profaci Family. She is also the reason for the war that happened between the DeLuca and The Profaci Family. We hear Wilfred talk a little about it in-game, but now we know a bit more.
The lore tells the player what the overall other people of the deluca universe knows, but not what only Cordia and the involved knows.
The people know that Cordia had a falling out with her sister, which leads to the war. But they do not know what the reason is and hence the player does not know, as we won't know more than what the common knowledge of the world is.
That require getting to know Cordia which tie in to season 2 when we start getting personal with her.
The hope for that style is to a) to have people looking forward to reading the profaci lore page to get more information and b) to look forward when we get to Cordia and learn about it.
Well, that's the idea anyway :p!

About Antonio. Totally right. Poor Antonio got forgotten, and I will fix it when I can!

And again, whichone. Don't mistake my reply as a ´defense´. It's more my thought process. I am still very open to change of the codex style depending on the overall feedback

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
She is also the reason for the war that happened between the DeLuca and The Profaci Family. We hear Wilfred talk a little about it in-game, but now we know a bit more.
Really? The only thing "more" we know is that there was some form of undefined "conflict" between siblings.
You're using it to define & illustrate an attribute of Cordia's personality, without supplying any context or detail.
So it doesn't add anything.
And again, whichone. Don't mistake my reply as a ´defense´. It's more my thought process. I am still very open to change of the codex style depending on the overall feedback
Absolutely. Same as my assessment is not an attack. It's just a statement of how I, the reader, took it.
I appreciate the extra info you've provided here, but I really think some of that should probably be in the codex.
As you say, with Cordia's development takling place in Season 2, the codex will be updated.
Which goes back to delivering the info when it's relevant in game. (y)

The primary thing that needs sorting out is the fact that it provides incorrect information, due to the mistake of using "betrayal of", instead of "betrayed by".
It makes that statement the opposite of what it should be.

Last edited:

Maccabbee

Mar 26, 2024
View attachment 3466542

View attachment 3466564
View attachment 3466581

You're not paying enough attention to the codex listings from the volumes that you're supposed to buy...

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
So the version 1 is the version 9.6 renamed for steam?
As noted, the dev added "VN" mode, and some "Lore".

Even the middle ground play is grindy. I played the VN part on Steam, same story as when I played it on the middle mode here.
Some say not much of difference in the VN mode, but the lore is just some books and lots and lots of reading, but no there is no new story content, that will come in Season 2.

Reactions: utiola and abaXX

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Is the Universal Renpy Mod competely breaking the game? I cannot load a save that was edited with it.
I've never experienced any issue with URM in combination with this game.
Of course. You say you edited something. Depending on what you've edited you could have broken the game.

Do you get an error? Are you using the official build (not or port or something)? Any other mods installed?

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Its like most anticipated to release to the public and seems its not going to happen any soon
Why do you say that? There isn't any new content.

There is now no public release since it's on Steam, I guess if you want it that badly do like others have done, grab it on Steam or sub on Patreon grab it, then cancel.

aslan4

Mar 27, 2021
Why do you say that? There isn't any new content.

There is now no public release since it's on Steam, I guess if you want it that badly do like others have done, grab it on Steam or sub on Patreon grab it, then cancel.
So if there is no new content why did he share a update on patreon

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
So if there is no new content why did he share a update on patreon
no content in terms of story. As far as I know it's the same as the steam version. Which adds in VN mode and I heard something about a codex which adds some new info when it comes to the lore of the world and the families. Not sure about the 2nd part im waiting till Season 2 to replay the game as I dont want to see that cliffhanger again until then.

4.40 star(s) 485 Votes