VN Ren'Py Completed The Demon Lord in Another World [v1.0] [MrDracosaurus]

4.60 star(s) 18 Votes

Minja23

Mar 15, 2019
I'm guessing the writer originally wrote it in Spanish. The Spanish translation has it as "la Señora de los demonios" which would translate to "Lady of the Demons" or "Demon Lady," but neither of those work particularly well in English. "Demon Lady" is technically correct but sounds like the common word construction of "x Lady" as a derisive name (e.g. "Cat Lady"), and "Lady of the Demons" is awkward in English even though it's common construction in Spanish and still runs into the problem that "Lady" is both a formal title and a common pronoun.
I wouldn't have batted an eye at "Demon Lady" considering the role she plays. It would be like getting confused when they use the word "Houses" or "Orders" in something like a game of thrones or Knightfall. In any case, would not "Demon Queen" or "The Queen of Demons" or even something like "The Demonic Empress" also have been a good way to get the meaning across?

MrDracosaurus

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I'm guessing the writer originally wrote it in Spanish. The Spanish translation has it as "la Señora de los demonios" which would translate to "Lady of the Demons" or "Demon Lady," but neither of those work particularly well in English. "Demon Lady" is technically correct but sounds like the common word construction of "x Lady" as a derisive name (e.g. "Cat Lady"), and "Lady of the Demons" is awkward in English even though it's common construction in Spanish and still runs into the problem that "Lady" is both a formal title and a common pronoun.
You are correct, my first language is Spanish. However, the first language with which I wrote the script was in English. And it wasn't until I did the translation that I realized that "Demon Lord" did not look well translated in Spanish. Looking back, I think the most correct word would have been "Demon Queen" as they said later, but at that time Demon Lord sounded cooler.
I will be more careful when choosing the words in the following games.

Shiroyami06

Jan 16, 2019
Does the android port have text box opacity or atleast the dialog box is transparent?because i hate playing with half of the screen is black

Seeker000

May 18, 2020
The epilogue almost made it sound like there will be a sequel one day with both mc and Nuri going back to Nuri's world by force or something.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
The epilogue almost made it sound like there will be a sequel one day with both mc and Nuri going back to Nuri's world by force or something.
I got that feeling as well, because it ended with a cliffhanger. The ending kinda reminds me of a few animes, like The Devil is a Part-Timer to some degree.

MD27

Feb 28, 2020
Amazing short story, reminded me a lot of those short Japanese VN with similar concepts, cute characters and a lot of wholesomeness, this one is an amazing version. Like the Miel or the Emote ones.

Reactions: tothadam1998

MD27

Feb 28, 2020
So, honest question here, is there a particular reason why in these games they always refer to a clearly female demon as "Demon King" or "Demon Lord"?
Can be wrong, but I think it comes from how rushed and uncared for Japanese translations have always been, somes examples that come to mind are old games like Zelda or some antagonists from some of those games, as well as a lot of Japanese VN that have Demons or Evil Dragons/Monsters in them.
To put it shortly, peculiar translations of how those titles are said in Japanese that were always repeated and stayed as a normal thing

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019
Loved the game, very wholesome. And i loved when Nure had a smug look on her face.
The only thing i can complain about are some minor nitpicks.
In a couple of the animated seances(when she's masturbating, and when she's on her back), the way Nures' boobs are bouncing doesn't seem right.
And the wording in a lot of the game to be odd. Though i just figured English wasn't your first language.Which i got conformation on while i was reading the thread.
There's one other thing, though it's more an opinion than a nitpick. I personally think when Nure got transported there shoulda been a magic effect.
All in all, loved the game. Part of me does wish it was longer, but what you got here is great. And i'm looking forward to your next game.

Reactions: tothadam1998

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Inspired by these doujins?

Either way, enjoying the game so far.

MrDracosaurus

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Inspired by these doujins?

Either way, enjoying the game so far.
Yeah ^^, I wanted to do a short story for my first game and those doujins gave me an idea, but I didn't want to use an original character, so i pick a demon.

Reactions: Kamizuna

brofalla

Jun 23, 2017
Small mod to freely choose text speed:
Unpack in game folder to install.

All I did is replacing all instances of cps=50 with cps=*1.

Reactions: eonfow

MrDracosaurus

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Loved the game, very wholesome. And i loved when Nure had a smug look on her face.
The only thing i can complain about are some minor nitpicks.
In a couple of the animated seances(when she's masturbating, and when she's on her back), the way Nures' boobs are bouncing doesn't seem right.
And the wording in a lot of the game to be odd. Though i just figured English wasn't your first language.Which i got conformation on while i was reading the thread.
There's one other thing, though it's more an opinion than a nitpick. I personally think when Nure got transported there shoulda been a magic effect.
All in all, loved the game. Part of me does wish it was longer, but what you got here is great. And i'm looking forward to your next game.
Don't worry, all that helps me improve. I have been fixing the video transitions as some were somewhat broken and images were visible. As for the animations, it is true that in some of them I have physics activated and that is why they look that way.
In the next game I will try to take all these things into account, in addition to trying to write better in English.
Also, when I was doing the scene where she is transported, I first put on a more magical sound, but I thought it sounded too flashy for teleportation.

Reactions: ProMasturbator Dave
4.60 star(s) 18 Votes