Others Completed The Demon's Stele & The Dog Princess [v1.07] [HappyLambBarn]

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
This is the most important event for hgames in our lifetime, making death of Adobe Flash look like a child's play in comparison.
For Dog Princess it's ESPECIALLY on-topic due to developement of HLB games in recent months.

And since you're not fluent in corpogabble they didn't apologise for policy changes, they apologised for immature community not being able to comprehend Unity needs more money. And all of this "backing up immediately" with non-apology took them a week.
Yeah, BUT
Do we REALLY
need to see this in every unity game thread? There is currently discussion thread going on for it. I see it enough on discord and other unity game threads. It's going to be a nothingburger as usual as people decide to not switch to other engines (it's a fuck ton of work) and give in to using Ironsource's shtty adware.

Do you seriously think H-games are going to pass 200k sales AND $200k revenue in their lifetime? FUCK no, no DLsite unity game has ever gone past that number. Ricca's game comes close to 100k
Summer Memories sold more than a million units on steam but it's not unity.
The only way it might affect devs is through piracy and people downloading illegally, and this time piracy will actually hurt the devs as it might cause them to reach the 200k download mark (but not $200k profit)
Anyway, from my view it literally has no effect on eroge in general since barely any people buy it in comparison to other trash AAA games or gacha.
If it kills gacha shit, thank GOD.

Last edited:

Delfine

Mar 4, 2019
Do you seriously think H-games are going to pass 200k sales AND $200k revenue in their lifetime?
It's based on a game's installs and yearly revenue, 0.20$ per Install (I've probably installed this game about 3 times), these install numbers can quickly and easily rise above the sale numbers, and pirated copies would be included if Unity's "proprietary technology" is complete bullshit like everyone expects it to be.

AND $200k revenue in their lifetime?
Also, after doing some random probably wrong maths on DL Site numbers and the pricing (Based on current conversion rates of JPY into USD), this game should already be over the 200K in lifetime revenue, thankfully this wasn't done in a year so they should be safe but considering what I'm replying to is going by lifetime revenue...

Last edited:

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
It's based on a game's installs and yearly revenue, 0.20$ per Install (I've probably installed this game about 3 times), these install numbers can quickly and easily rise above the sale numbers, and pirated copies would be included if Unity's "proprietary technology" is complete bullshit like everyone expects it to be.

Also, after doing some random probably wrong maths on DL Site numbers and the pricing (Based on current conversion rates of JPY into USD), this game should already be over the 200K in lifetime revenue, thankfully this wasn't done in a year so they should be safe but considering what I'm replying to is going by lifetime revenue...
Can we drop this topic? Unity already shared the updated plan and backed the fuck up like I expected. Stop beating the dead horse, it's 2.5% revenue share (or install fee based on self reported install stats) on all Unity v24 games, does not affect retroactively.
Why do you doom and gloom fools argue uselessly on things that have no bearing on anything?

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
Can we drop this topic? Unity already shared the updated plan and backed the fuck up like I expected. Stop beating the dead horse, it's 2.5% revenue share (or install fee based on self reported install stats) on all Unity v24 games, does not affect retroactively.
Why do you doom and gloom fools argue uselessly on things that have no bearing on anything?
Nice try but I'm still not buying your stocks, Riccitello.

Delfine

Mar 4, 2019
Unity already shared the updated plan and backed the fuck up like I expected.
Yeah that was obvious they were going to backpedal, what's not obvious was if Unity's leaders planned for this, it's been a common suspicion from the start that Unity did this shit just so they could soft-serve a "fairer" deal after the expected backlash; becuase other companies have pulled the same stunt before, though this is certainly the most egregious "first" draft I've seen.

Ugh, honestly considering it's Riccitello at the helm of Unity it's a genuine question of whether or not this was planned, I could easily see Riccitello proposing this change to the TOS from the get-go, just as easily as I can see him planning to soft serve the "fairer" deal after the blowback.

The general relevance of the topic is how it may affect the game, It's a fact that they've utterly ruined any trust developers had in them, and several developers are still porting their games over to new engines and are refusing to make future games in unity becuase of this mess.

We also don't know entirely what them is going to do after this, It's easy to guess they weren't happy with this but the most we actually know is them retweeting the announcement for Unity's changes, retweeting Unity talking about their "proprietary technology", and retweeting someone summarizing how other Dev teams are (Negatively) reacting to this.

spooprun

Aug 26, 2017
Progress report released, tl;dr not much new stuff to show since production of the “△△△ version" (cat presumably) didn't go as smoothly as planned. Release date potentially pushed back to second half of 2024. Also it'll still be made in Unity.

After all the new content they've been teasing I was kinda surprised they were still on target for early 2024, it's one of the main reasons I thought the cat girl might just be a slightly reskinned dog princess, so yea I'm not too surprised about the delay.

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Progress report released, tl;dr not much new stuff to show since production of the “△△△ version" (cat presumably) didn't go as smoothly as planned. Release date potentially pushed back to second half of 2024. Also it'll still be made in Unity.

After all the new content they've been teasing I was kinda surprised they were still on target for early 2024, it's one of the main reasons I thought the cat girl might just be a slightly reskinned dog princess, so yea I'm not too surprised about the delay.
Delay is sad though. This is already literally the best H-game of its type (animated + interactable) that I have managed to discover. It should be god-tier with all the new stuff they wanna add.

There are similar games with a lot of stuff to them (Hypno App, the Mansion of Captivation stuff), however as I have said before both of those make heavy use of what I imagine is Live2D, giving this very jiggly, wobbly feel. Everything's like Jello, to the extent it can be silly rather than erotic. Dog Princess is much more rigid and properly animated.

Also I'm not really into lolis, but damn the princess is cute. I think that's the other thing I like about this. It's pretty consensual and love-y (well once you get past 2 hearts).

spooprun

Aug 26, 2017
Delay is sad though. This is already literally the best H-game of its type (animated + interactable) that I have managed to discover. It should be god-tier with all the new stuff they wanna add.
Yea this is the best touch sim I've played by a huge margin. I'd already probably consider it my favorite H-game but I'm sure the Unity version will set that in stone. The delay sucks but it does make me hopeful for the final product. From what they've shown it looks like they're maybe tripling the scope of the game so it's just time to let them cook.
Also I'm not really into lolis, but damn the princess is cute. I think that's the other thing I like about this. It's pretty consensual and love-y (well once you get past 2 hearts).
Also yea the Dog Princess is cute as hell. I do like lolis but the blonde wavy hair + green eye combo would likely be enough to convert me even if I didn't. I look forward to the Cat Princess design!

Reactions: torresm

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Yea this is the best touch sim I've played by a huge margin. I'd already probably consider it my favorite H-game but I'm sure the Unity version will set that in stone. The delay sucks but it does make me hopeful for the final product. From what they've shown it looks like they're maybe tripling the scope of the game so it's just time to let them cook.

Also yea the Dog Princess is cute as hell. I do like lolis but the blonde wavy hair + green eye combo would likely be enough to convert me even if I didn't. I look forward to the Cat Princess design!
The best part of it being unity means there's hopefully a chance of modding it as well. Multiple hair colors, costumes, etc.

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
The best part of it being unity means there's hopefully a chance of modding it as well. Multiple hair colors, costumes, etc.
I totally forgot I did a homebrew hair color mod a few years ago with a flash compiler/decoder and a paint.net addon that lets you dynamically shift the color hue until now. I ended up giving her a bright cyan colour hair that looked nice.
I lost it when I shifted over to linux but I could probably make something similar in a windows vm, I might do that later this month.

I'm not sure about resizing the hair or modifying the clothes. but if it's just a hair color change it's simple to do because the game only uses a few hair assets and animates and resizes them in game to simulate movement, rather than loading lots of differently sized images to simulate movement, which isn't that hard to modify as a beginner with a decoder.

and it looks funny if you miss recoloring a section and you give her a mismatched hairdo.

I'm 99% sure I used this.

And I used the
- Adjustment > Hue / Sat+
- Adjustment > Color Balance
- Adjustment > Combined Adjustments
sections of this plugin for paint

In case anyone wants to try something similar and upload it to here.

xynnner

Oct 27, 2017
I totally forgot I did a homebrew hair color mod a few years ago with a flash compiler/decoder and a paint.net addon that lets you dynamically shift the color hue until now. I ended up giving her a bright cyan colour hair that looked nice.
I lost it when I shifted over to linux but I could probably make something similar in a windows vm, I might do that later this month.

I'm not sure about resizing the hair or modifying the clothes. but if it's just a hair color change it's simple to do because the game only uses a few hair assets and animates and resizes them in game to simulate movement, rather than loading lots of differently sized images to simulate movement, which isn't that hard to modify as a beginner with a decoder.

and it looks funny if you miss recoloring a section and you give her a mismatched hairdo.

I'm 99% sure I used this.

And I used the
- Adjustment > Hue / Sat+
- Adjustment > Color Balance
- Adjustment > Combined Adjustments
sections of this plugin for paint

In case anyone wants to try something similar and upload it to here.
I did a few color changes for clothes months ago: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-demons-stele-the-dog-princess-v1-07-happylambbarn.57984/post-10645800

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
I love this game so much and am happy to see the dev is improving on it even more, this and lost life are my favorite touch sims.

SharkThatFly

Jan 12, 2022
Is the android version broken on android 13? I tried downloading the android ver from Page 38 but when I open the game it's just a black screen. Does anyone have a working one?

Alucardxq

Oct 18, 2023
I have recompiled two APKs that will work on Android 13.
One is the regular version where nothing is unlocked and you gotta do the puzzles and slowly level up your skills.
The other is a dev build that has everything unlocked by default and is meant for those who only care about freeplay and nothing else.

Download that has both APKs mentioned- MEGA

Note: If anyone wants to play in portrait mode without the black bars, change "Screen" from FullScreen to Windowed in the options menu.
Would it be possible to upload the links to the modified apks again? The Mega folder does not work.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes