Others Completed The Demon's Stele & The Dog Princess [v1.07] [HappyLambBarn]

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

bakareimeme

Dec 4, 2019
I'm glad to see that the game apparently has a remaster/update in development. It's always been one of my favorite games.

I wanted to replay it, but I'm having some trouble getting the game to launch. It starts and briefly shows the "Happy Lamb Barn" screen before closing. I've tried both the 1.07 and 1.05 versions linked in the OP, running as admin, both the .exe and .swf files, launching it through a different flash projector, launching it through a JP locale emulator, and every combination of every strategy listed. I've also (successfully) launched an unrelated .swf game to make sure it's not just my computer having some issue with .swf files in general. Has anyone had this issue? I feel like I must just be being stupid and missing something obvious. Search function here and google are not getting me anywhere.

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
I'm glad to see that the game apparently has a remaster/update in development. It's always been one of my favorite games.

I wanted to replay it, but I'm having some trouble getting the game to launch. It starts and briefly shows the "Happy Lamb Barn" screen before closing. I've tried both the 1.07 and 1.05 versions linked in the OP, running as admin, both the .exe and .swf files, launching it through a different flash projector, launching it through a JP locale emulator, and every combination of every strategy listed. I've also (successfully) launched an unrelated .swf game to make sure it's not just my computer having some issue with .swf files in general. Has anyone had this issue? I feel like I must just be being stupid and missing something obvious. Search function here and google are not getting me anywhere.
Have you tried installing the japanese language pack and changing the system locale to japanese before launching normally?

only other thing I could think of would be a library or something needed to play the game is out of date, but I don't see any dependancies listed on the dlsite app page.

check the readme to see if it says it needs anything specifically installed to run.

bakareimeme

Dec 4, 2019
Have you tried installing the japanese language pack and changing the system locale to japanese before launching normally?

only other thing I could think of would be a library or something needed to play the game is out of date, but I don't see any dependancies listed on the dlsite app page.

check the readme to see if it says it needs anything specifically installed to run.
The readme doesn't seem to list any dependencies. I have the JP language pack installed, and while I'm not entirely opposed to changing the locale on this machine, I'd really rather not unless it's absolutely necessary. I suppose it'd be best to just wait for the update to troubleshoot this, anyway... Regardless, thank you for your quick reply!

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
The readme doesn't seem to list any dependencies. I have the JP language pack installed, and while I'm not entirely opposed to changing the locale on this machine, I'd really rather not unless it's absolutely necessary. I suppose it'd be best to just wait for the update to troubleshoot this, anyway... Regardless, thank you for your quick reply!
Just to make sure you know, but I don't mean changing the display language.

Changing the system locale (on windows) mainly affects apps that don't support unicode to display text.

The majority of basic window's apps won't have any visable change as they use unicode to display text.

It's a standard requirement for running some japanese apps, and is more of a method to apply the installed japanese language pack to apps than anything else.

Remember to restart your pc to apply the change after applying it.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
The majority of basic window's apps won't have any visable change as they use unicode to display text.
Chiming in to reinforce this point. I've had my locale set to JP for years now solely because of eroge, and it really doesn't make a difference for anything else that I run. It's much easier for me than having to resort to stuff like AppLocale, and it's basically guaranteed to work.

Uzur123

Jan 23, 2020
Chiming in to reinforce this point. I've had my locale set to JP for years now solely because of eroge, and it really doesn't make a difference for anything else that I run. It's much easier for me than having to resort to stuff like AppLocale, and it's basically guaranteed to work.
AppLocale in many cases was not up to the task of launching many eroge. The emulators that ran almost everything turned out to be “Locale emulator” and “NTleas”

"Locale emulator" allows you to configure the game to launch in other languages such as Korean, Taiwanese and others.
And "NTleas" was almost guaranteed to launch everything.

Although there were cases when it was necessary to change the language of the operating system, because nothing helped at all.

I have Japanese language support installed and can use the language itself to enter data from the keyboard. I don't remember any problems launching games from this developer.

Most often I saw complaints about a black screen at startup from other users on other forums or trackers. Most often, many problems were solved by excluding characters from other languages in the path to the game other than English, or by removing the read-only option from the game files.

linylo

Jun 12, 2023
Most often, many problems were solved by excluding characters from other languages in the path to the game other than English, or by removing the read-only option from the game files.
I just had a great(?) idea, I'll stop putting games in my 'Games' directory, and instead store them in 'Archives/Extracted' directory, and put symlinks to the .exe location under the games actual name in the 'Games' directory.

That way, I can avoid this problem, and have access to the name of the archive so I can re-extract it if I mess up anything while modding.

The equivalent to a 'symlink' in windows is probably a renamed folder shortcut.

Uzur123

Jan 23, 2020
I just had a great(?) idea, I'll stop putting games in my 'Games' directory, and instead store them in 'Archives/Extracted' directory, and put symlinks to the .exe location under the games actual name in the 'Games' directory.

That way, I can avoid this problem, and have access to the name of the archive so I can re-extract it if I mess up anything while modding.

Often, users with problems launching games had their username in a language other than English, and the games would not launch for this reason.

And I’ll add on my own behalf... the shorter the path to the game, the better.

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019

I really, really suggest using Playnite instead of manually organizing games in multiple directories. I did that for around 3 years until it got annoying as the number of games increased.
There's even an f95 extension somewhere on the forum that can fetch metadata like tags and backgrounds if you wish.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Kyoka3542

Whitewolf7987

Sep 24, 2017
is there any reason I cant change colors of the clothes anymore?
I don't think that was a feature in the base game, at least not in any of the versions I have played; if you could do it before then you probably had a mod which has stopped working by some means

Alternatively, I believe you can do it in their other game which is not allowed here, so maybe you are mixing them up in your mind

Reconiol

Jul 18, 2021
Modded .swf file for version 1.07
Dev mode enabled and added more colors for panty and stocking.

"End" to toggle dev mode
"Insert" to toggle visibility of meters
Really dumb question but how can I run this and if Its also posible run it in Android?

Whitewolf7987

Sep 24, 2017
Is there a way to raise my points for upgrades?
play the game; you get points regardless of whether you win or lose matching game

Alternatively you can click the hearts in the happy lamb barn logo a few times while the game is starting up which enables cheat mode; I'd recommend just playing the game though since it's good for your brain

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes