Ren'Py Abandoned The Distance Between Us [v0.1a] [Ravioli Rave]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

RavioliRave

Jan 1, 2019
OHHH ! You plan to add Netori ?! Thats sounds awesome. But how should this play out. I dont think many of them have a BF. Well, the adults probably have one, perhaps even a Husband so this will be my guess. But I also would like to steal one of these girls away from their BF but Im not sure if this is the right game for it. Since the theme is kinda different.
Yeah. For this it'll be different. If it's a main story event netori, then i'll have to make the bf a bad person.
If it's an alt story event netori then mc can be as much of a dick as he wants.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Harem Trooper

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
Oh how'd I miss this one..
Just call me ravioli or something. I'm nobody special.
That's interesting. I'm not so interested in the girls being corrupted. If anything it'll be more of a forced one and done kind of thing?
Still, that doesn't really change the mentality or line of thinking behind it.

RavioliRave

Jan 1, 2019
Still, that doesn't really change the mentality or line of thinking behind it.
If it's a one and done thing then it's not a corruption though. She just does it because she has no other choice.
Either way i'm not planning for every alt event to be dark.

RavioliRave

Jan 1, 2019
Im meaning most people also wouldn't want to have their waifu raped or molested.
Overall it's your game and therefore your choice fam. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's a good thing that nothing is set in stone then. If everyone is against it I don't mind removing it.

Chalker

Aug 8, 2018
It's a good thing that nothing is set in stone then. If everyone is against it I don't mind removing it.
24679e3b44205e730c5557186ff70392.png
What I recommend to any dev is developing what you are passionate about and not what you think people want.
It will be noticeable if you are passionate about a particular kink or set of kinks, and your work will have way more charm. If you are doing something because others tell you to do it, or you don't enjoy something but are doing it because it's popular, your game will either feel forced, scuffed, or it may turn out okay, but you'll be burning yourself up way quicker than doing something you like.

If you insist on optional side scenes, what I would recommend is developing the story to at least 20-30% without doing them, seeing what type of demographic you ended up catching, and then asking that demographic what they would want the optional scenes to be. It will reward your loyal fanbase and the optional scenes will reflect what they want.

RavioliRave

Jan 1, 2019
View attachment 2170516
What I recommend to any dev is developing what you are passionate about and not what you think people want.
It will be noticeable if you are passionate about a particular kink or set of kinks, and your work will have way more charm. If you are doing something because others tell you to do it, or you don't enjoy something but are doing it because it's popular, your game will either feel forced, scuffed, or it may turn out okay, but you'll be burning yourself up way quicker than doing something you like.

If you insist on optional side scenes, what I would recommend is developing the story to at least 20-30% without doing them, seeing what type of demographic you ended up catching, and then asking that demographic what they would want the optional scenes to be. It will reward your loyal fanbase and the optional scenes will reflect what they want.
Good point. I'll wait until it's more developed before doing any drastic changes.

Reactions: battali0n

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
Many are waiting on the answer to the "yet" or "forever" answer from the dev. It is tagged no sexual content. It could go either way(a few games on here have no sex and no plans for sex ever).
Well, for me it's a hard pass as I don't have time to waste on even an AVN with no incest. No sex scenes at all is obviously even worse.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
To the Dev, thank you for clearing up the confusion with 'alternate' outcomes/kinks/tags whatever you wanna call it. Can respect that you'll stick to your vision of the story in the main bulk of the game and leave the kinks as optional viewings in the gallery. Kind of neat and safe idea actually. If you wanna see it, it's there. If not, you won't be forced to see it. (y) Will be keeping an eye on this VN.

Reactions: battali0n

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
View attachment 2170607
View attachment 2170606

How is this a Harem then :WaitWhat::WaitWhat::WaitWhat:
You can't make this shit up im telling you folks...
People are wild with their NTR cuck stuff these days im tripping!
yea game giving me red flags.

if you can have sexual relation with any side girl and she can just fuck around whenever she want gonna have to skip this one.

No point in even having characters like that in a HAREM themed game. Also no one talking about this but will this game also have LESBIAN NTR? and by that is where the love interest fuck each other without the mc. I hope if the dev plan on adding lesbian that it's optional.

But I heard the ntr is only in the gallery but idk. Everytime a dev add some ntr type shit it ends up in the main story in some from of way to ruin harem games.

Also I hope most of the Love interest are virgins! AND i HOPE THE game will not have LI talking about their sexual past, it's shit that devs always be adding and it's just no one trying to hear that.

"Oh I only jerked a guy out at best"

"It been a long time since I got fucked"

"The best I gotten is a kiss from a guy"

shit like that.

But at the end of the day this isn't my game. The game has promise but the mc also looks like a TRAP just saying LMAO.

Is the game gonna be a NTR GAME or HAREM? you can't do both. pick a side and stick with it. Trying to please both will always end BADLY dev just saying.

Like I said NTR+HAREM don't even go together. It's like oil and water.

but aye good luck dev I will be watching this game closely.

as long as EVERYTHING is optional I am fine personally. Plus i heard something about FUTA, down the line I recommend adding warning to any content you want to get into so we can easily avoid content we want to avoid.

Last edited:

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
yea game giving me red flags.

if you can have sexual relation with any side girl and she can just fuck around whenever she want gonna have to skip this one.

No point in even having characters like that in a HAREM themed game. Also no one talking about this but will this game also have LESBIAN NTR? and by that is where the love interest fuck each other without the mc. I hope if the dev plan on adding lesbian that it's optional.

But I heard the ntr is only in the gallery but idk. Everytime a dev add some ntr type shit it ends up in the main story in some from of way to ruin harem games.

Also I hope most of the Love interest are virgins! AND i HOPE THE game will not have LI talking about their sexual past, it's shit that devs always be adding and it's just no one trying to hear that.

"Oh I only jerked a guy out at best"

"It been a long time since I got fucked"

"The best I gotten is a kiss from a guy"

shit like that.

But at the end of the day this isn't my game. The game has promise but the mc also looks like a TRAP just saying LMAO.

Is the game gonna be a NTR GAME or HAREM? you can't do both. pick a side and stick with it. Trying to please both will always end BADLY dev just saying.

Like I said NTR+HAREM don't even go together. It's like oil and water.

but aye good luck dev I will be watching this game closely.
Its not like that, but im not liking it either. You should join his discord like I did to get more info.

To summ up, its not a true harem game, it has some elements of it but MC wont have all the girls in the story. After talking with the dev. it turned out he thought Harem is only when MC has like 2-3 girls beeing on his side, while the other girls are free game.

The game already have like 15 chick. From my talk with him, and from my experience with such new and unexpetienced/uninformed devs. the main love girls are the 4 in the banner, speaking they will belong to MC only, while ALL the other girls will either be side contend but nothing serious will develop.

The dev. added a warning later to what to expect. The game will feature MC best bros, which you already know, and either each of them will have their own Love interest which MC wont intervene and we will somewhat have of multiple protags of game since this is what he wants, or all the other girls will fool around with them too. Hard to say since the dev. himself dont know it but that they non only will fuck at least one girl each which will develop into love between them where MC wont intervene ( I know, great opportunity for netori wasted) , he made it glass clear on discord.

Would have been better if he posted this crucial info before, but it turned out people being paranoid about "ntr" had their eligibility.

I will stick around until it happend and so should you. I mean its for free and once it happens we can look for something different.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Not sure
1) That's a red flag. That is not a good thing. You should never make your game based on what players ask for. Set your own tags/fetishes and decide for yourself what will be in the game. Don't ever let players decide what your game should have, or you doom your game before it even begins.

2)If you want to involve your player base, then make polls for who they want the next update to feature more (like which LI will get more attention in the next update), or for a clothing choice, or just simple custom renders.

3)But don't let them decide what content/fetishes will be featured in your game. That should 100% be up to you. You want to make content you enjoy, not what others want you to make.
(i numbered your paragraphs so you know to which i'm answering)
1) YES to all this point, i can name at least 3 projects that failed because the dev got bored over the same characters always winning the polls

2) I would be even be more strict and just say that the only thing the player-base should be allowed to vote, is side-content(like some extra content, like a special scene that it isn't important plot-wise but still nice enough to be liked, i don't know...where MC has the first date with a character)

3) Yes to all of this again

I agree with this statement, don't let the player-base choose in which direction the game goes. Many devs tried to go this way, only a very small amount was able to deliver a product, that could keep the players interested. All others have failed and the games got abandoned or degraded to memes. Also, contents that include NTR/sharing/swinging will drive a big amount of harem-fans away. It doesn't matter if it's side content or mainline. Yes, there are still harem fans, that can overlook it, as long as it's avoidable (not skippable). In the end, the most important things, you should keep in mind, are, that you develop a game, that you're proud of in the end, and that you take critic as a tool to improve your game and story. Don't let people demotivate you, even if they sound harsh. And ignore haters.
YES to all of this.

Also the difference between Avoidable and Skippable(for the dev's sake, just in case)

Avoidable: Your choice can stop the thing from happening
Skippable: The event happens regardless, the scene just moves elsewhere

Thanks for the advice.
I understand your point. I won't alter the mainline story just to include the minority's wishes.
That's why I'm adding alternate events.
The whole point of the these thing is just to spice things up a little for people like me who don't mind other tags. They serve no purpose other than a re-telling the story with a twist and a quick fap.
Good, but a serious advice here: Put some shadow/trasparency-thing over the dialogue box because some scenarios a pretty bright and you're using a white coloured font, it's like watching the sun without glasses, after you spent the whole day in a pitch black room. It's quite blinding...

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
Its not like that, but im not liking it either. You should join his discord like I did to get more info.

To summ up, its not a true harem game, it has some elements of it but MC wont have all the girls in the story. After talking with the dev. it turned out he thought Harem is only when MC has like 2-3 girls beeing on his side, while the other girls are free game.

The game already have like 15 chick. From my talk with him, and from my experience with such new and unexpetienced/uninformed devs. the main love girls are the 4 in the banner, speaking they will belong to MC only, while ALL the other girls will either be side contend but nothing serious will develop.

The dev. added a warning later to what to expect. The game will feature MC best bros, which you already know, and either each of them will have their own Love interest which MC wont intervene, or all the other girls will fool around with them too. Hard to say since the dev. himself dont know it but that other will fuck girl then the MC he made it glass clear.

Would have been better if he posted this crucial info before, but it turned out people being paranoid about "ntr" had their eligibility.

I will stick around until it happend and so should you. I mean its for free and once it happens we can look for something different.

yea so far I AM not liking how this sounds...

plus adding so many girls in general and the fact you gonna have to choose and will possibly miss content with other girls is just meh. not something i personally like. it it's gone have like 15 plus chicks and you gonna have 4 or 5 main love interest i personally will avoid the side characters since they will be nothing serious. Like I said I don't even think side chicks even belong in harems. Don't want to know the next guy they about to get plowed by so me personally gonna avoid them. if it's not a true harem then maybe the harem tag shouldn't be here? IDK. seem like this gone be like some poly open relationship type game where you only get like 4 girls but idk.

if you have bros and they can also fool around with the side girls imma pass this. Imagine fucking some side chick and your bro come up to you saying "yea man I fucked her too" yea nah.

i really don't care about their love life or who they screwing if this is a harem.
it suppose to be about the mc and his girls he fucks and have romance relations with. If we gonna be on some bromance stuff idk about that.

but imma stick around and see, not writing the game off yet.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
"Male" Protagonist.

Although that's clearly a female Daz model... I'd imagine it's easy to do when you have no sexual content. Make the pretty boy REALLY pretty.

Demiurge299

Aug 7, 2018
I like the models alot (I dont mind the MC being like that, it is a refreshing change from the glasses wearing sadsacks or roided assholes alot of games have), and most of the overview looks good, but with "Though this may be a harem game. Side characters will have sex with other characters." and reading all of what you wrote, I think I'll just have to pass on this one, which is unfortunate. no sexual content yet and no incest yet doesn't bother me too much because I'm fine waiting (development takes time for a game after all), but the way it seems to be going I really don't like the sounds of it. I'm more of a fan of "MC and only MC gets everyone, side character or not" games, even if less important characters only have a scene or two, even if them being with anyone else is locked behind any number of gates I just pure don't like it. at the very least I'll flag this one to keep an eye on it to see how things end up going. may eventually download it if the outlook improves.

The dev. added a warning later to what to expect. The game will feature MC best bros, which you already know, and either each of them will have their own Love interest which MC wont intervene and we will somewhat have of multiple protags of game since this is what he wants, or all the other girls will fool around with them too. Hard to say since the dev. himself dont know it but that they non only will fuck at least one girl each which will develop into love between them where MC wont intervene ( I know, great opportunity for netori wasted) , he made it glass clear on discord.

HeavenKim

Oct 2, 2018
Soooo... ntr like MC ntr the others or the others ntr MC? ntr is only avoidable? like just "not seeing it" avoidable or totally preventable? I mean, not seeing it happened doesn't mean it never happened, though I prefer no ntr at all, I'll still respect the dev's choice if he/she wants ntr in the game, but I hope if the dev make ntr avoidable, atleast make them preventable ones. I don't mind girl on girl tho :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote