Ren'Py Abandoned The Distance Between Us [v0.1a] [Ravioli Rave]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Oct 22, 2017
Its not like that, but im not liking it either. You should join his discord like I did to get more info.

To summ up, its not a true harem game, it has some elements of it but MC wont have all the girls in the story. After talking with the dev. it turned out he thought Harem is only when MC has like 2-3 girls beeing on his side, while the other girls are free game.

The game already have like 15 chick. From my talk with him, and from my experience with such new and unexpetienced/uninformed devs. the main love girls are the 4 in the banner, speaking they will belong to MC only, while ALL the other girls will either be side contend but nothing serious will develop.

The dev. added a warning later to what to expect. The game will feature MC best bros, which you already know, and either each of them will have their own Love interest which MC wont intervene and we will somewhat have of multiple protags of game since this is what he wants, or all the other girls will fool around with them too. Hard to say since the dev. himself dont know it but that they non only will fuck at least one girl each which will develop into love between them where MC wont intervene ( I know, great opportunity for netori wasted) , he made it glass clear on discord.

Would have been better if he posted this crucial info before, but it turned out people being paranoid about "ntr" had their eligibility.

I will stick around until it happend and so should you. I mean its for free and once it happens we can look for something different.
Well, the harem tag is defined as:
Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]
So in case you have 3-4 LIs in that kind of relationship with you, it is a harem.
Harem doesn't mean you are in a relationship with all the female population in the universe while after your arrival no other male will get pussy ever again.

If there are women around that have no sexual relationship with you and won't ever have one, them having relationships makes the game more relatable - a world of only singles isn't very convincing. Doesn't even need to be a side character - could also be a main character of the story.
I don't need to see/hear about what they do alone - that breaks my immersion - but normal public affections - that's totally ok.
Maybe I'm sad one of those women is no LI - hopefully, the dev focusing on only a select few with a strong story makes up for that. Having to juggle 36 LIs and adding scenes with them all makes storytelling nigh impossible and oftentimes the game's progress is bloated and stagnant.

For side girls - I like VNs telling a story and the relationships being a part of them, I get adding side girls to have some sexy times in slow-burn games, but besides that, they only reduce the time a dev has to make the story and add progress with the important girl(s).
I'm not really interested in throwaway side girls if the story has important relationships lined up.
If I'm working on building a permanent harem with my childhood friends, why should I at the same time tap everything out there if it doesn't mean anything? There is a place for that and games offering it - but it seems to be somewhat opposite from that 'connect with your childhood friends in a harem' story.
I like side girls to be mine exclusively - if they had an open relationship with the MC I would just ignore them.
So for me personally that would be wasted effort.
This also means that they often end up being minor main girls in my mind, always leaving a bad taste if in the ending the casual relationship is ended in favor of the real story told. I'd much prefer a second game where those side girls were the main girls then because obviously, I liked them.

Blue5591

Apr 18, 2022
This project has potential. The character conflict is the strongest point so far and gives plenty of room for the protagonist to grow. He has naive expectations with the reunion that weren't met and received bitter realism. Great jumping off point for character development. Resolving the initial conflict will flesh out the starting LI's and create complex characters. Looking forward to where you take the story.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Its not like that, but im not liking it either. You should join his discord like I did to get more info.

To summ up, its not a true harem game, it has some elements of it but MC wont have all the girls in the story. After talking with the dev. it turned out he thought Harem is only when MC has like 2-3 girls beeing on his side, while the other girls are free game.

The game already have like 15 chick. From my talk with him, and from my experience with such new and unexpetienced/uninformed devs. the main love girls are the 4 in the banner, speaking they will belong to MC only, while ALL the other girls will either be side contend but nothing serious will develop.

The dev. added a warning later to what to expect. The game will feature MC best bros, which you already know, and either each of them will have their own Love interest which MC wont intervene and we will somewhat have of multiple protags of game since this is what he wants, or all the other girls will fool around with them too. Hard to say since the dev. himself dont know it but that they non only will fuck at least one girl each which will develop into love between them where MC wont intervene ( I know, great opportunity for netori wasted) , he made it glass clear on discord.

Would have been better if he posted this crucial info before, but it turned out people being paranoid about "ntr" had their eligibility.

I will stick around until it happend and so should you. I mean its for free and once it happens we can look for something different.
I was happy with the Dev answer to most things until your post. I hate games with multiple protagonists and if that is the way of this one then I will have to pass. I don't care if his friends have girlfriends just don't want to see them having sex. I want to be able to immerse in the MC and bringing in other protagonists always ruins that. I will check out his discord first but if multiple protagonist is what he is aiming for then that is a deal breaker for me. Which is too bad as I was liking everything else.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
I was happy with the Dev answer to most things until your post. I hate games with multiple protagonists and if that is the way of this one then I will have to pass. I don't care if his friends have girlfriends just don't want to see them having sex. I want to be able to immerse in the MC and bringing in other protagonists always ruins that. I will check out his discord first but if multiple protagonist is what he is aiming for then that is a deal breaker for me. Which is too bad as I was liking everything else.
He kinda got silent on discord tho. Didnt said a single word in weeks now hence I left. With my talk he really struggled with many ideas to make a compromise but in the end he will stick to his plans, which is that the MC is not really a MC, but a part of the whole story. MC will have these 4 girls BUT all the other male protags will have their own unique Love Interest which they will romance, date and fuck. Sadly MC cant stop it from happening and wont intervene. At least that was my last knowledge of the game direction.

It was a fun talk with him since he really didnt know much about the tags ( no offense to him ) and what his vision was of the game, which made me chuckle sometimes.

damnmalic

May 29, 2021
He kinda got silent on discord tho. Didnt said a single word in weeks now hence I left. With my talk he really struggled with many ideas to make a compromise but in the end he will stick to his plans, which is that the MC is not really a MC, but a part of the whole story. MC will have these 4 girls BUT all the other male protags will have their own unique Love Interest which they will romance, date and fuck. Sadly MC cant stop it from happening and wont intervene. At least that was my last knowledge of the game direction.

It was a fun talk with him since he really didnt know much about the tags ( no offense to him ) and what his vision was of the game, which made me chuckle sometimes.
Wow this is going to be a shit show. Tbh he should just do a harem with only the current MC and without any other guys getting action and MC getting all the girls that would get way more attention and be way less of a shit show.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Wow this is going to be a shit show. Tbh he should just do a harem with only the current MC and without any other guys getting action and MC getting all the girls that would get way more attention and be way less of a shit show.
wait....aren't 70% of the games here like that...so yeah let's have the same game with the same themes, over and over and over and over....

i appreciate the dev's braveness to try something different, i respect that...i may not like the game(too early to have an opinion) but i can totally appreciate the fact that is trying something different...like several small harems i guess XD

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
this is NTR ... harem games never share harem characters ... that i know of anyways :unsure:
THEY DON'T SHARE

every MC has his own 4-girls harem.

example: you get 4 girls, your bestfriend gets 4 different girls, and so on with every male you know/exist

or at least this is how the dev explained the game

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
THEY DON'T SHARE

every MC has his own 4-girls harem.

example: you get 4 girls, your bestfriend gets 4 different girls, and so on with every male you know/exist

or at least this is how the dev explained the game
not from the quote i put .... side charaters ... meaning if you have them so do other .. is what it sounded like ( NTR )

• Angry
Reactions: Cabin
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote