2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

HrostFall

May 11, 2021
Hi, the quest is fixed. If you had an old save game our suggestion is to skip to the next day, exit the map so the game can reload the variables, and then pick up the quest.
The time of the day doesn't impact on the quest, but due to the fact the quest is repeatable every day the game resets the quest. So if a day is passed from when you picked up the quest you need to take it again at the guild and complete it the same day.
We're aware that this is a little brainiac and we're working on something smoother for future versions
No it worked once only after entering the dungeon. Seems like you messed something up when making it repeatable though because it only worked the one time and after that it just went back to the barmaid saying that she has no idea what I'm talking about.
Edit: I downloaded the game the same day I left the comment so no old save shenanigans going on

Black Hood Games

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2022
No it worked once only after entering the dungeon. Seems like you messed something up when making it repeatable though because it only worked the one time and after that it just went back to the barmaid saying that she has no idea what I'm talking about.
Edit: I downloaded the game the same day I left the comment so no old save shenanigans going on
I see. I playtested it too a while ago and I didn't get any errors.
Are you on Win or Android?

Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
nice fight balance.... miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss

Apr 10, 2020
Downloaded, played through the available content. The game has the groundwork to be a good game, and it needs some work to get there.

World - 6/10: Lots of potential, so far the map has some odd dozen locations so far that we could access in the future, which hopefully will create stories.

Writing - 7/10: One female interest, the priestess is fleshed out, the other is a bit one dimensional at the moment. Given the state of the priest, I would assume that the mage will get there. The state of the world is currently largely inaccessible, however that just means the author has room to grow and create stories.

Art - 7/10: At time of writing, the erotic content consists of brief nudity. I would not consider the game erotic at the moment. I'm willing to get this a pass, as the models used are high quality. I got the sense that the author wants erotic scenes to be meaningful, so.. In time I think this will get better.

Combat / Systems - 2/10: The combat and it's accompanied system choices are the worst part of the game currently. The game clearly draws from an iteration of Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) for it's systems. In theory, drawing from D&D is fine. However, because the way the systems have been applied, the end experience for the player could be a source of frustration.

First, the author has given access to all the spells to there respective class, which results in counterintuitive balance. As a cantrip, the priestess can deal 1D12 to a target with an evil cantrip or 1D6 to all enemies with a holy cantrip. Whereas the Wizard's best single target cantrip deals 1D10 and the mage's 1d6 AOE includes friendly fire damage. The discrepancy is rooted in that mage spells are balanced in that mages cast all mage spells, where as priests are limited by alignment / deity in D&D. Put another way, some priests can cast powerful evil offensive spells, OR powerful holy healing abilities but they're not the same priest.

Another quirk from taking the D&D system is the randomness of hitting. I haven't dug into the code so I can't be 100% sure, but it seems that combat system uses the D20 system way to determine if an attack lands. 1d20 + (X) compared to a target's Armor Class. This approach is functional, but doesn't give results one might expect. Similar to how the spell system is applied, the resulting combat comes out as a bad end user experience. I estimate the hit chance is somewhere between 30-40% for most attacks, which would what one would expect for 1D20 vs a difficulty of 14ish. This would imply that our characters do not have combat talents/proficiencies / magic bonii or other ways to mitigate randomness. As a result, combat feels bad as both sides just flail at each other, neither side able to do much damage. Part of the challenge of implementing the D&D framework into RPG maker is that players don't have the ability to customize function. For example, I cannot build the mage to specialize in ray attacks at short range. I cannot have the main character go into a rogue class and get sneak attack bonuses. I cannot have the priest go into summoning specialization to allow my new rogue MC to flank and backstab enemies. Lastly, the reliance on the D20 system will result in the main character, a martial character, falls behind as he is primarily reliant on base attacks without power attack / cleave / multiple attacks per round or added bonuses from other sources such as smite or sneak damage. This means his damage is primarily from the weapon itself, which places heavy limitations on his damage.

Additionally, skills are implemented but the only use appears to be peeping at the females at night with perception. Again, in theory the skills could be useful and meaningful but it seems difficult to see how this could be done in a way which feels meaningful.

I would encourage the author to entirely ditch the framework of D&D. The framework gives a foundation and tools, but many of the tools aren't useful. In combat, the reliance on the D20 for rolling to hit creates a large amount of randomness and without the mitigation of said randomness (feats/talents/proficiency/situational bonus), combat comes out as a slow lull. For spells, the lack of spell limitation applied to the priest creates a discrepancy with our priestess friend far out damaging the mage. For skills to be important, it would require that alternative interactions be designed with and without the needed skills. This quickly multiplies the amount of work required to solve problems. It seems like fully implementing skills in a meaningful way would be daunting at best. Lastly, players appear to not have access to all the ways to progress / customize characters such as feats, specialization and more. Please consider drawing from a different set of rules as the choice to use D&D comes with a lot of extra work with relatively little reward.

TL ; DR -- Drop D&D, look at other systems to emulate. Consider looking at systems in other video games such as Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics or other RPG maker games. Making D&D work "properly" is a lot of work, much of which won't offer a payoff in a hentai game.

Overall, keep an eye on the game as it could be a great game. In its current form, the game has a long ways to go. Still, I am looking forward to how the game progresses!

Black Hood Games

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2022
Downloaded, played through the available content. The game has the groundwork to be a good game, and it needs some work to get there.

World - 6/10: Lots of potential, so far the map has some odd dozen locations so far that we could access in the future, which hopefully will create stories.

Writing - 7/10: One female interest, the priestess is fleshed out, the other is a bit one dimensional at the moment. Given the state of the priest, I would assume that the mage will get there. The state of the world is currently largely inaccessible, however that just means the author has room to grow and create stories.

Art - 7/10: At time of writing, the erotic content consists of brief nudity. I would not consider the game erotic at the moment. I'm willing to get this a pass, as the models used are high quality. I got the sense that the author wants erotic scenes to be meaningful, so.. In time I think this will get better.

Combat / Systems - 2/10: The combat and it's accompanied system choices are the worst part of the game currently. The game clearly draws from an iteration of Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) for it's systems. In theory, drawing from D&D is fine. However, because the way the systems have been applied, the end experience for the player could be a source of frustration.

First, the author has given access to all the spells to there respective class, which results in counterintuitive balance. As a cantrip, the priestess can deal 1D12 to a target with an evil cantrip or 1D6 to all enemies with a holy cantrip. Whereas the Wizard's best single target cantrip deals 1D10 and the mage's 1d6 AOE includes friendly fire damage. The discrepancy is rooted in that mage spells are balanced in that mages cast all mage spells, where as priests are limited by alignment / deity in D&D. Put another way, some priests can cast powerful evil offensive spells, OR powerful holy healing abilities but they're not the same priest.

Another quirk from taking the D&D system is the randomness of hitting. I haven't dug into the code so I can't be 100% sure, but it seems that combat system uses the D20 system way to determine if an attack lands. 1d20 + (X) compared to a target's Armor Class. This approach is functional, but doesn't give results one might expect. Similar to how the spell system is applied, the resulting combat comes out as a bad end user experience. I estimate the hit chance is somewhere between 30-40% for most attacks, which would what one would expect for 1D20 vs a difficulty of 14ish. This would imply that our characters do not have combat talents/proficiencies / magic bonii or other ways to mitigate randomness. As a result, combat feels bad as both sides just flail at each other, neither side able to do much damage. Part of the challenge of implementing the D&D framework into RPG maker is that players don't have the ability to customize function. For example, I cannot build the mage to specialize in ray attacks at short range. I cannot have the main character go into a rogue class and get sneak attack bonuses. I cannot have the priest go into summoning specialization to allow my new rogue MC to flank and backstab enemies. Lastly, the reliance on the D20 system will result in the main character, a martial character, falls behind as he is primarily reliant on base attacks without power attack / cleave / multiple attacks per round or added bonuses from other sources such as smite or sneak damage. This means his damage is primarily from the weapon itself, which places heavy limitations on his damage.

Additionally, skills are implemented but the only use appears to be peeping at the females at night with perception. Again, in theory the skills could be useful and meaningful but it seems difficult to see how this could be done in a way which feels meaningful.

I would encourage the author to entirely ditch the framework of D&D. The framework gives a foundation and tools, but many of the tools aren't useful. In combat, the reliance on the D20 for rolling to hit creates a large amount of randomness and without the mitigation of said randomness (feats/talents/proficiency/situational bonus), combat comes out as a slow lull. For spells, the lack of spell limitation applied to the priest creates a discrepancy with our priestess friend far out damaging the mage. For skills to be important, it would require that alternative interactions be designed with and without the needed skills. This quickly multiplies the amount of work required to solve problems. It seems like fully implementing skills in a meaningful way would be daunting at best. Lastly, players appear to not have access to all the ways to progress / customize characters such as feats, specialization and more. Please consider drawing from a different set of rules as the choice to use D&D comes with a lot of extra work with relatively little reward.

TL ; DR -- Drop D&D, look at other systems to emulate. Consider looking at systems in other video games such as Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics or other RPG maker games. Making D&D work "properly" is a lot of work, much of which won't offer a payoff in a hentai game.

Overall, keep an eye on the game as it could be a great game. In its current form, the game has a long ways to go. Still, I am looking forward to how the game progresses!
Hi, first of all, thank you VERY much for the time you invested in writing this very detailed feedback! It helps us a lot to take the right path to evolve the game!
I'll try my best to answer some points without going into spoilers:

World - I have plenty up my sleeve. As you said, the map is big but the locations that you can explore right now are a small part. Lestone alone (on which we're currently working for the next releases) is composed of 7 districts and has plenty of content inside. To unlock (and code) everything will take time, but this was a long run from the beginning.

Writing - Thank you for reading everything! About the wizard, the only thing I can say is that her storyline will get juice starting from the Mage Academy where she studied. Planned in future updates (one of the districts of Lestone), it will take time to see her warm up, but it's intended. Anyway, every character you will be able to recruit during the game will have her own story and questlines to complete. Clearly, this is largely dependent on the zones unlocked by updates.

Art - Nothing much to explain or add here, to be honest. Just thank you.

The infamous combat system - This is straight to the point and this analysis is very appreciated. That's something I've been wondering about until the release of the demo and this update. Being a Master of DnD for years and being used to the system got me biased that the combat system "d20 based" was easy to implement in an RPG Maker game. As for the coding part, yes, it was. But the usability is... Meh.
I thought about it for a good week, but unfortunately abandoning this system now would mean completely blocking the production of the game and rewriting from scratch (at the current state of coding, the number of skills grew to 346) not only the combat but also many other events that use similar mathematical formulas and dice rolls. At that point, it would be better to throw the game and create another one.
I think I can get it to work by making targeted changes, not so much to the system itself, but to the formulas and statistics.
I took it as a personal challenge; also because continuing in the game without this system, I would not be able to do some things that are part of the story that has to come.
Like for the passing time mechanic, I'm planning for the next update changes that will give combats a "smoother" feel.
To start, reducing the misses to the bone should already give the end user a different feel. Then I'll adjust the aim from update to update.

Returning to the point: as for the talent checks, the number of them is very low and it's used merely to give "shortcuts" to players to access zones (Cawic now and Frithuie Keep in 1.02) or uncover some random events along the road.

Talking about MC, he has a completely custom class that grows spells and abilities as he levels up. Around lvl 5/6, he is likely to give up his physical weapons completely until he runs out of skills and/or mana.

And that's all I hope. I probably missed something but the core that I wanted to talk about is on the plate.
Right now I'm at work so I hope I didn't get too distracted and wandered more than necessary.
Having said that, I am happy to engage in this type of proactive discussion and I hope to hear from you in the next updates!
THANK YOU!

Reactions: slimtwig

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
Has the most promising summary I've seen in a while but will it deliver?

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
How do u skip the time zones in the day

Caus i am low on everything and cant rest caus its afternoon and the barmaid packadge things quest is not working

Reactions: Black Hood Games

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
hey dev can i ask why go for rpgm instead of renpy? i wouldlove to see your game in renpy engine or some kind like laura dev doing now a sided story with renpy ......

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
The infamous combat system - This is straight to the point and this analysis is very appreciated. That's something I've been wondering about until the release of the demo and this update. Being a Master of DnD for years and being used to the system got me biased that the combat system "d20 based" was easy to implement in an RPG Maker game. As for the coding part, yes, it was. But the usability is... Meh.
I think the dnd system is fine, just the chance to hit might be a bit off since there is (or might be, hard to check) no proficiency bonus & no attribute bonus. Combined with no flanking or ways to gain advantage in general, the chance to hit feels a bit off. But that's not a horrible downside. Add +3 from ability & +2 proficiency, and it should be fine even without advantage.

Some feedback after giving it a short try:
* the MC seems to have no abilities & skills at all (after getting hero class), is that intentional?
* Easy fedex quest: tavern owner doesn't respond
* Is there a way to do short rests in the dungeon? Was able to defeat 3 Gnolls and then returned back for full rest...

Reactions: Black Hood Games

Black Hood Games

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2022
hey dev can i ask why go for rpgm instead of renpy? i wouldlove to see your game in renpy engine or some kind like laura dev doing now a sided story with renpy ......
Hi! The decision to use RPGM was initially made for several reasons: first, we wanted to make an rpg game, so rpgm seemed the obvious choice. Ren'Py has been evaluated but we have seen that for the most part it is used to make VNs (a type of game we are not interested in exploring at the moment) and to make a Ren'Py-based RPG you need python skills that we didn't have at the time. We may evaluate other frameworks in future games (not Erenon), like Unity or Unreal Engine. Ren'Py just didn't seem to fit our programming needs

I think the dnd system is fine, just the chance to hit might be a bit off since there is (or might be, hard to check) no proficiency bonus & no attribute bonus. Combined with no flanking or ways to gain advantage in general, the chance to hit feels a bit off. But that's not a horrible downside. Add +3 from ability & +2 proficiency, and it should be fine even without advantage.

Some feedback after giving it a short try:
* the MC seems to have no abilities & skills at all (after getting hero class), is that intentional?
* Easy fedex quest: tavern owner doesn't respond
* Is there a way to do short rests in the dungeon? Was able to defeat 3 Gnolls and then returned back for full rest...
Thank you for the suggestion about DnD system, in fact that's what we're working on with the changes to the combat system!

* MC at lvl 1 gets no abilities and no skill by design, at lvl 2 he gets 2 Class Skills and at lvl 3 he gets 2 Magic Skills and then nothing at lvl 4. Expect something at lvl 5 and lvl 6 ;)
* We're aware that the easy quest has still problems. We fixed that in v1.03, we decided to not port the fix in v1.01 because it was more extensive than we thought and it would take a long time, we are sorry but you have to wait for 1.03 to go public :(
* Yes, of course, you can take short rests in dungeons. You must use a bedroll, which you can buy at every tavern in cities for 2 Gold coins. Having many bedrolls you can combine deck of cards for pass the time and bedrolls to do short and long rests to never exit the Dungeon until you kill the boss

Reactions: hermesh

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Black Hood Games

I got an easy quest to pickup a food package from the barmaid at the tavern and deliver it to the girl at the garden
I go to the bar and talk to her about the package and she still says she does not know what I am talking about
(still because I was able to ask her about the package before i took the quest. but she always just said she does not know what i am talking about. but now that i took the quest it should work)

also, she won't let me rest because it is morning, but i have no way of spending time. and i need to rest because my cleric is knocked out

where are the save files stored? I looked in www which is where all other RPGM games store the save files but they are not there. this is very weird. i can't attach a save file showing the bug because i don't know where they are

Black Hood Games

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2022
Yes, we'll do. That's no problem

Black Hood Games

I got an easy quest to pickup a food package from the barmaid at the tavern and deliver it to the girl at the garden
I go to the bar and talk to her about the package and she still says she does not know what I am talking about
(still because I was able to ask her about the package before i took the quest. but she always just said she does not know what i am talking about. but now that i took the quest it should work)

also, she won't let me rest because it is morning, but i have no way of spending time. and i need to rest because my cleric is knocked out

where are the save files stored? I looked in www which is where all other RPGM games store the save files but they are not there. this is very weird. i can't attach a save file showing the bug because i don't know where they are
1. As I said in the post before yours: We're aware that the easy quest has still problems. We fixed that in v1.03, we decided to not port the fix in v1.01 because it was more extensive than we thought and it would take a long time, we are sorry but you have to wait for 1.03 to go public :(

2. You can use the deck of cards in your Items --> Key items to pass the time

3. the save files are here:
Win: \Users\<Your Name>\AppData\Local\User Data --> DefaultErenonfileX.rpgsave
Android: the save files are in a rooted folder and you need to jailbreak your phone (that's not recommended)

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
1. As I said in the post before yours: We're aware that the easy quest has still problems. We fixed that in v1.03, we decided to not port the fix in v1.01 because it was more extensive than we thought and it would take a long time, we are sorry but you have to wait for 1.03 to go public :(
thanks. no problem
I suggest that when you are given the cards in game, the narrator should explain what they do
I watched the tutorial and I don't recall this being mentioned. and the description from when i got the cards didn't clarify their use.
they do have an explanation on their description in inventory, but didn't even know to go look at them in inventory in the first place
3. the save files are here:
Win: \Users\<Your Name>\AppData\Local\User Data --> DefaultErenonfileX.rpgsave
Android: the save files are in a rooted folder and you need to jailbreak your phone (that's not recommended)
I suggest putting a file inside the www directory labeled
Code:
where-are-my-saves.txt
which explains this

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I tried it, and it takes an unreasonable amount of clicks to get to sleep at the inn.
to skip 1 time slot I need to click:
esc, enter, up, enter, enter, enter, enter

I need to repeat this entire process 3 times in a row to go from morning to night before the inn keeper will allow me to go to sleep... this is unreasonable.

There needs to be a quicker way to pass time, like a 1 click button next to the time indicator. (I know RPGM can do that because I saw it in other games)

Additionally, the inn keeper should let you go to sleep in the morning. this should result in it automatically passing time until night and then going to sleep instead of making you manually do it via the aforementioned sequence.

edit: also, after done sleeping you should automatically return the key to the tavern instead of requiring you to manually go and do so.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
My main quest is stuck on:
"Begin your Adventure"
which happened after I recruited the cleric to the party. (so i have MC, cleric, and wizard).

I tried going into the tower, I tried finishing a medium quest. neither counts as beginning my adventure. so what am I supposed to actually do?
also I killed several monsters and got 0 XP.

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes