Unity Abandoned The Doppelganger [v0.41] [Cipciugames]

ps123

May 4, 2017
So they are not going rebuilding everything from scratch but to move on to the next project if data are not recoverd. That kinda sucks. They should backup their data at least every release version.

stimpmaster

Jul 23, 2017
dex: 1. use the search bar below beside the windows button, type in "regedit"

2. click and expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER

3. click on CIpugames, expand, click on doppelganger

4. find where save1 and money is, and right click, click modify. change values to decimal and type in the amount you want.

5. close, open game, enjoy.
you can also edit the relationship:

charm, fighting, massage etc.:

see my example screenshots.

i set everything to 99.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I mean I feel like that has GOTTA be just a scam excuse to flee with money they've made solely becasue I can't imagine someone being so fucking incredibly stupid not to actually backup their shit somewhere if they are making a project.

Like not even on a cloud server seriously, no one can be that stupid.

Patreons done got fleeced.
This doesn't make sense though. If they were fleecing, that means they're making money. So why would they stop their source of income and even said they would understand if people cancelled their pledge? If they didn't flee, they'd make even more money. By fleeing, they'd be losing money. There's no sense in doing that on purpose.

Reactions: botc76

uncejay

May 19, 2017
I'm sure this is a stupid question for many of you, but I'm not a programmer so I don't understand this all that well. But why can't they use the code from the game itself? Even if they don't have any game files left, I'm sure one of their patrons would send it back to them. Is the source code not included in the game we play?

D2K

Donor
Aug 18, 2016
This doesn't make sense though. If they were fleecing, that means they're making money. So why would they stop their source of income and even said they would understand if people cancelled their pledge? If they didn't flee, they'd make even more money. By fleeing, they'd be losing money. There's no sense in doing that on purpose.
i dunno, it does seem suspicious. it could be a very easy out to cancel the project. perhaps the project wasn't making enough money to their liking, so they can cancel this project and start a new, more successful project without burning all their existing fans. it's fleecing in the sense that they made some money but never will finish the project. not saying they are doing this, but this speculation was the first thing that popped into my head.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
I'm sure this is a stupid question for many of you, but I'm not a programmer so I don't understand this all that well. But why can't they use the code from the game itself? Even if they don't have any game files left, I'm sure one of their patrons would send it back to them. Is the source code not included in the game we play?
It doesn't quite work that way as the source code(what programmers write) is compiled into the binaries (what actually runs on the machine) that go out to players. However with Unity being in C#, without going too in-depth, it is possible via software(decompiler/reflector I mentioned previously) to reconstruct some of the source from their assemblies and stuff (it wouldn't work with a language like C/non .NET C++), although not all of it, and not necessarily perfectly.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I don't know, just seems super fishy. Like if you understand enough how to work DAZ3D and do a little bit in renpy I would think most people on earth would assume you'd have at least enough common knowledge in computers to back up at your basic shit and code to a cloud service even at bare minimum.

I'm not saying they are just running some odd scheme to take the money they made and run but the whole "oh hey our one little shitty computer that we did all our work on and didn't ever actually think to back up anything on a external harddrive or cloud service just randomally went into total catastrophic failure!" doesn't fully pass the sniff test just becasue the absurdity of someone who is able enough to do a bit in making a game not having the common computer sense to back shit up.

Reactions: Andarilho

torkenstiem

May 1, 2017
...I would think most people on earth would assume you'd have at least enough common knowledge in computers to back up at your basic shit and code to a cloud service even at bare minimum.
Especially when other devs have used the same exact excuse before.

• Wow
Reactions: rKnight

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
View attachment 17883
Bad News :(
Sep 5 at 9:23am
Hey guys,

Maybe some of you know about this, but I think it time to make it public to everybody. A few days ago the machine we were using to create the game broke and we struggled to fix it but no success, so we sent it to a company that is repairing computers.

Yesterday they called us and told us that some of the components in that laptop burned including the drive. We asked about the data and they told us that there is no way they can save the data and because we didn’t had a backup or using a cloud system for the game, we lost everything, except for the renders, because we still have a copy of the renders before photoshop state on the computer that is doing the renders, but without the source code it’s almost useless. We will send the drive to somebody else to see if they can do anything with that, but we cannot promise you anything.

That being said, I’m not sure if we can continue with this project, but we’ll keep you posted.

We understand if you’re going to remove your pledge, I’d do the same if I were in your place, however please keep following our patreon page.

Best regards,
Team CipciuGames

....HAHAHAHAHAHA Ok so some bullet points as currently I am very sick and don't feel like writing much

1. What fucking idiot does not back up his shit.... That is like computer knowledge 101 you are gonna put mods on a game... Back up your shit... Gonna dev on a game.... Back up your shit... Gonna make models... Back up your shit... Gonna do ANYTHING time consuming or meddling with code w/e You Back Up Your Shit

2. Why does it seem these game devs use the most shitty PC/Laptops to make these games like they are using computers that can't handle it and thus they burn out they should already know not to use toasters if they are making filet mignon

Honestly this is either the dev has gotten bored or he feels like it's to time consuming to go on so he is quiting but trying to save face

OR

He feels he made enough money and has decided to haul ass..

There is a small chance he is this autistic and this really did happen as well.

Apr 24, 2017
I really liked this game. whatever the reason I hope that they can continue with this project, I mean THERE IS NO CLUE YET ON WHERE THE FUCKING STONE IS, I really wanted to steal it and see how it changes appearances.. This is sad news :(

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Not only did they do their work on a laptop that was so shit it burnt out ... seriously people, stop making games on toasters ... they didn't back up any of their work either.

That's hilarious.

It's kinda hard to have sympathy with that level of incompetence.

Reactions: paladin07

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Not only did they do their work on a laptop that was so shit it burnt out ... seriously people, stop making games on toasters ... they didn't back up any of their work either.

That's hilarious.

This.... Fucking This...

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017

That's hilarious.

Couple years ago I took over a contract for a business that was running their Point of Sales (POS) on a laptop, with no backups. All their accounts, customers and everything business related was on this very old laptop. I very quickly updated them with a new server, with RAID, external and online backup. They replaced me some time later with someone cheaper, that ended up screwing all those backup systems so badly, that they lost 3 months of data. So it isn't just normal people that are like this, it's business owners and tech guys too.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
One answer from a patron seems like a little bit of hope:

CipciuGames, Unity is ridiculously easy to decompile, it's all just .NET. You should be able to get your code back. Get JetBrains DotPeek and just open the Assembly-CSharp.dll from the last version of the game. (Think this is what Kentrop was trying to tell you).

Or maybe not, I don't know shit about coding, but it would be a shame to see this game's demise.

PS: Just to improve my mood and ,hopefully, yours too...I'm gonna leave this old video right below:

Last edited:
Reactions: Krull

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
"We worked for 5 years creating mobile games but we wanted to get into in this industry because we saw that there is need for good content and we hope that we can give you that."
Yeah...sure...

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
Everytime i see a dev say "my pc died" or "a lightning strike happend and my house burned down" so i lost all data. I always go, yeah... i don't believe you! or maybe this one time out of 1000's times im wrong? im only human afterall.