Unity Abandoned The Doppelganger [v0.41] [Cipciugames]

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
ACT 1 :...he components in that laptop burned including the drive. We asked about the data and they told us that there is no way they can save the data and because we didn’t had a backup or using a cloud system for the game, we lost everything, except for the renders, because we still have a copy of the renders before photoshop state on the computer that is doing the renders, but without the source code it’s almost useless..

ACT 2 :...Comment on: Bad News :(
NightHaunter - 4d
CipciuGames, Unity is ridiculously easy to decompile, it's all just .NET. You should be able to get your code back. Get JetBrains DotPeek and just open the Assembly-CSharp.dll from the last version of the game. (Think this is what Kentrop was trying to tell you)...

ACT 3 : ..CipciuGames - 3d
I tried that a few months ago, but I'll try again this week

NightHaunter - 3d
Definitely worth trying, I've just tried it myself and it is all there...

ACT 4 : he tried again and do it or he didn't give a fuck and it was just a way to quit the project without saying it :)

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Then the project is abandoned.
It's really sad, the game was super promising....

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Whelp yeah, I posted a while back when the laptop issue was announce that I would give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, well otherwise has pretty much been proven. So basically it went something like this:

"Don't want to work on this anymore. Need an excuse."

"Hey guys, computer failure that had the only copy of all the work (but not the renders) we've done! We sent the hard drive to recovery places that charge an arm and a leg because we don't want to give up, but they said it's too far gone."

Lots of people respond, "Um you can decompile C# apps quite easily and since you said you didn't lose the renders, you're set." In fact at least one person did reconstruct the source from the app and presented it to the developers.

"Um, well, actually the important part of the code isn't actually in the code, it's a super secret special script that can't be recreated because it used the tears of the last virgin unicorn on earth that we had to kill in order to get the tears."

"Oh also my boss just suddenly gave me a big project so I can't work on anything as well. When it rains it pours!"

nebsama

Aug 10, 2017
Had great promise, choose your own path through the game, stat building and well paced progression.

3xtreme

Jan 5, 2017
This is sad it was one of my favorite games :( I hope the dev will either do a remake or release a second game

LokiTime

May 20, 2017
i'm honsetly more sad for his patreons, all this peoples who paid to support his game, and all what the have now? Only the eyes to cry... In my sense, it's a clear absence of politness, how can he dare to add a vote on his patreon page? Hey, they already paid for the game! So, move your ass on the chair, and work on the game. You need to make it again? Do it, that simply the respect for the people who trusted you...

Anyway, a shame, all this story.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
i'm honsetly more sad for his patreons, all this peoples who paid to support his game, and all what the have now? Only the eyes to cry... In my sense, it's a clear absence of politness, how can he dare to add a vote on his patreon page? Hey, they already paid for the game! So, move your ass on the chair, and work on the game. You need to make it again? Do it, that simply the respect for the people who trusted you...

Anyway, a shame, all this story.
As much as I agree afraid I am gonna have to disagree since they didn't quite technically pay for the game that would be saying they "Pre-Ordered" the game which they didn't as the game never really had a set price and was being given away for free you donated to unlock early access...

That being said I still think this dude is a fucking pussy for not coming out straight and saying I don't have time to do this game anymore and or this is just not fun and is killing my soul here is the source code have fun...

Instead he came out with one of the WORST excuses I have heard from a dev in a very long time with a story this fucking idiot thought was a pretty air tight story and a solid excuse only to have that shit ripped apart from brains to balls showing either A. How much of a fucking idiot him and his dev team are or B. How much shit they were full of...

Bottom line if this is the way this dev team acts glad they showed their true colors now then later and now we know never to support this group of colossal queers and I am glad they are fucking gone.