VN Ren'Py Completed The Edge Of [v1.0] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

3.70 star(s) 42 Votes
Jul 30, 2018
And now we wait for someone to post 0.9. The creator is also creating another game that seems to also be a mystery NTR. Hope it becomes another amazing one like this.

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Why the fuck are you replying to something from January? You that bored? I could care less if he was sarcastic or not :FacePalm:
Hahahaha fair enough! Didn't pay much attention to that so that's on me lol. In hindsight now, I'm surprised you took the time to reply though haha. Anyways, have a good one.

mazariah

Apr 27, 2017
This thread needs to update the preview images. I didn't bother with this game for too long because of the lack of images but finally decided to try it because I heard it was good. Not usually into kinetic novels but this one was good. But what happened to the art style on CGs around halfway through? It was better and a bit more realistic in the older versions now it's a bit more cartoony. It's still ok but not as good as it was at the start.

senseionizuka

Sep 10, 2017
This thread needs to update the preview images. I didn't bother with this game for too long because of the lack of images but finally decided to try it because I heard it was good. Not usually into kinetic novels but this one was good. But what happened to the art style on CGs around halfway through? It was better and a bit more realistic in the older versions now it's a bit more cartoony. It's still ok but not as good as it was at the start.
Artist changed due to some complications but apparently the original artist is back for the new game Hangover cat is making

Apr 20, 2020
Artist changed due to some complications but apparently the original artist is back for the new game Hangover cat is making
This is the biggest bruh moment because with the final version of the game coming up, why don't they just do the rest of the scenes in the original style? Yeah, I get it, loss of money because you have to buy new commissions, and then the replaced commissions wouldn't be used outside of in the extras menu or something, but I'd much rather have the game be consistent than having a complete shift midway.

Developer, I know you watch this thread, and I know you're currently only making $291 a month (I know how expensive those commissions can get) and people like me that pirate aren't doing anything to help our case, but it would really mean a lot if you took the time/money to finish the game fully in the original art style.

I hope that if you make this choice, it will elevate the game from it's current state as a mediocre/above average game that's not quite there yet with quite a bit of missed potential and glaring imperfections, and turn it into a really enjoyable experience that more accurately reflects the amount of effort that was put into it.

Edit: Yo, hold up, I just checked the Patreon again, now it's V1.0, so it's over? Huh. Well, I have no clue what decisions were made in the end, but if it still has the art style switch, I hope that in a future update it's remedied.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: DoofusMan

Yambidexter

Jul 16, 2020
The game releases on Steam on the 15th. At the moment it's available to 15$ patrons, as far as I understand. So it's kinda pointless to release it publicly, even after awhile, or making it available to 1-5$ (or even 10$) patrons, if you are about to start selling it for smth. close to 15$ for which it's availbale now, I guess.

If that is the case, I wonder how lower tier patrons would feel - after supporting him for some months of developing The Edge Of - the only one in development at the time - and not being granted access to 1.0 version in the end. I'd definitely feel like "screw you, you greedy Canadian c-nt, and your next game". Take note of this situation if you are supporting/considering to support next game. We'll have to see what happens next with 1.0 version of the game though. Maybe all patrons will get it after some time.

Last edited:

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
The game releases on Steam on the 15th. At the moment it's available to 15$ patrons, as far as I understand. So it's kinda pointless to release it publicly, even after awhile, or making it available to 1-5$ (or even 10$) patrons, if you are about to start selling it for smth. close to 15$ for which it's availbale now, I guess.

If that is the case, I wonder how lower tier patrons would feel - after supporting him for some months of developing The Edge Of - the only one in development at the time - and not being granted access to 1.0 version in the end. I'd definitely feel like "screw you, you greedy Canadian c-nt, and your next game". Take note of this situation if you are supporting/considering to support next game. We'll have to see what happens next with 1.0 version of the game though. Maybe all patrons will get it after some time.
Everyone already received a link in their private message before I posted it for the 15$ tier. I'm not that much of a greedy Canadian...whatever that means.

Yambidexter

Jul 16, 2020
OK. It's my bad then, sorry. It's just Patreon says that you get the game for 15$ Tier and nothing of the sort is said for the lower Tiers, if I'm correct. As long as I wasn't supporter I didn't know that everybody got it and I kind of sounded out my suspicions in the previous post. It's cool for people who joined recently to be able to get the game for a few bucks. I wonder what the price will be on Steam though.

And good luck with the next game. This one I guess got special flavour to many players cause the guy was kinda paranoid as opposed to usual dumbness and obliviousness of male perspective NTR games. If the next one is mystery one but with more emphasis on "why and when" smth happening behind male character back as opposed to The Edge Of (wheter it's happening at all?), as it's pointed out on Patreon, it can be upon its completion amongst the top and most memorable NTR visual/kinetic novels. I'd say there is a lack of strong "mystery" NTR games out there IMHO, heck, I'd say even there is lack of them at all, period.

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
OK. It's my bad then, sorry. It's just Patreon says that you get the game for 15$ Tier and nothing of the sort is said for the lower Tiers, if I'm correct. As long as I wasn't supporter I didn't know that everybody got it and I kind of sounded out my suspicions in the previous post. It's cool for people who joined recently to be able to get the game for a few bucks. I wonder what the price will be on Steam though.

And good luck with the next game. This one I guess got special flavour to many players cause the guy was kinda paranoid as opposed to usual dumbness and obliviousness of male perspective NTR games. If the next one is mystery one but with more emphasis on "why and when" smth happening behind male character back as opposed to The Edge Of (wheter it's happening at all?), as it's pointed out on Patreon, it can be upon its completion amongst the top and most memorable NTR visual/kinetic novels. I'd say there is a lack of strong "mystery" NTR games out there IMHO, heck, I'd say even there is lack of them at all, period.
The mystery perspective in my next game will be more in line with the usual mystery you find in other NTR games. Meaning, obliviousness instead of suspicions, so I don't think that will be quite what you're looking for. I'm still kinda testing the water here. I'm still not sure what people really wants to see.

Jul 30, 2018
The mystery perspective in my next game will be more in line with the usual mystery you find in other NTR games. Meaning, obliviousness instead of suspicions, so I don't think that will be quite what you're looking for. I'm still kinda testing the water here. I'm still not sure what people really wants to see.
Are you still gonna update this thread with the full game? I understand this is a pirate site and it might get leak sooner or later, but its still nice to know what the creator thinks

Yambidexter

Jul 16, 2020
As I like the games to be as realistic as they can and yet naughty (I mean it can be fantasy game, but the characters' actions, logic, dialogues have to make sense) I'd suggest to try to implement/balance two things:

- make male character reasonably suspicious, not the 'imbecile' level oblivious. I.e. in comparison with The Edge... that suspision and angst have to be toned down, of course, but not completely abolished.
- mystery NTR - it comes naturally in a way when you have 2 POVs, and you play first from male perspective, unable to see exactly what's happening with female. Also ideally I'd like to see some clues and events (e.g. simple one as being late at work) which would make me as a real player to guess what was really happening (as this is adult NTR game) and which sometimes would be true and sometimes not (and which only would become clearly appartent when playing from female POV).

I appreciate that it's going to be hell of task, and that maybe it's something that all the developers of such games aim for, it's just the implementation that suffers and we see yet another one imbecile-level oblivious husband or childhood friend or whatever. I do like in both of these respects Girfriend tapes, by the way (taking into account that it's still in development and there is no endings or female POV yet). And I hope that it can be easier for you to pull this off ultimately having the experience developing The Edge Of - where the 'suspicion' element was overboard; easier in comparison with authors who only start or have experience developing game(s) with completely oblivious male characters. I think that such game would be able to impress NTR fans. Maybe someone will share their thoughts here that would help you to shape the game.

P.S. Even though the previous question was not directed for me - I think as 1.0 of The Edge... essentially sells for 15$ on Patreon and will sell for 10$ on Steam, I guess it would not be a good business for the author to post it here for free...

Reactions: verdammen
3.70 star(s) 42 Votes