3.90 star(s) 7 Votes

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Checked this out from Eternum's Discord.
Here's my feedback:
For one the characters look all pretty nice. Most of the renders are good and the music is nice as well.

I have a few criticisms. These aren't major but might be worth to keep in mind in the future.

The biggest one is that the facial expressions don't look quite right in my opinion. And I think the problem is the mouths. They are missing the dimples at the corner of the mouth. These greatly accentuate the facial expressions. Well, they are not really missing, I can see them in some expressions, but they are not very pronounced and not always visible. If you want a comparison, just quickly fire up the first few minutes of this game and the first few minutes of Eternum. It's very noticable, the dimples are almost always visible and very pronounced in eternum even from farther away and they make the facial expressions much easier to read. They also give the characters some immediate characterisation without the need to say a word. Annies dimples are almost always curved upwards which tells us that she is a very happy go lucky person who smiles a lot. Luna's dimples are generally curved slightly down which tells us that she is a more serious person, who has some underlying sadness.

Another would be that there's a bit of an overreliance on introductions here. It's not terrible, but after having big introductions for each of the "mean girls", we also get them for each of the sidekicks. And they don't really feel necessary here. Part of the point of the one for the "mean girls" is to setup the "He was perving on us"-joke and that's fine. But for the sidekicks it doesn't really feel necessary. We can tell mc and troy are good friends based on how they talk to each other. We can infer that Jamiah is a sorceress based on the fact that we are told that her mother is dead, that she is a sidekick and that the supremes talk about her mother being a sorceress. The only information we don't get naturally is that althea was an enginered supersoldier, but that could be introduced naturally as well. You don't really need to rewrite all that stuff or anything, it's just something to keep in mind for the future. Just try to think about if the information you are writing a big introduction for couldn't be told more naturally through dialogue from the characters or something.

A few more nice things. I like Althea. She's so cute and tiny. The dialogue is generally fun.
But I don't believe for a second that troy, the dude that brings up banging chicks because you took him to a hill with a nice view, meets a lifelike-android, that calls the mc master and is named PLEASURE, and troy doesn't comment on that.
I also don't buy that some billionaire doucheback makes that android, NAMES IT PLEASURE, and then doesn't fuck it. Absolutely no way.

Edit: Oh, I also wanted to say that the magic animations look very nice, but they clash a bit with the fact that the characters casting them stand completely still. I would either make it so that the characters casting have a sort of idle-casting animation too, or just make it a still picture with both magic runes and caster being still. Mixed together it looks a bit weird.

Last edited:

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Since there is no tag I've got to ask: Is "Romance" a considered tag ?

Anyways, I'm going to look forward for this one it looks great.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BlazingBob

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
Checked this out from Eternum's Discord.
Here's my feedback:
For one the characters look all pretty nice. Most of the renders are good and the music is nice as well.

I have a few criticisms. These aren't major but might be worth to keep in mind in the future.

The biggest one is that the facial expressions don't look quite right in my opinion. And I think the problem is the mouths. They are missing the dimples at the corner of the mouth. These greatly accentuate the facial expressions. Well, they are not really missing, I can see them in some expressions, but they are not very pronounced and not always visible. If you want a comparison, just quickly fire up the first few minutes of this game and the first few minutes of Eternum. It's very noticable, the dimples are almost always visible and very pronounced in eternum even from farther away and they make the facial expressions much easier to read. They also give the characters some immediate characterisation without the need to say a word. Annies dimples are almost always curved upwards which tells us that she is a very happy go lucky person who smiles a lot. Luna's dimples are generally curved slightly down which tells us that she is a more serious person, who has some underlying sadness.

Another would be that there's a bit of an overreliance on introductions here. It's not terrible, but after having big introductions for each of the "mean girls", we also get them for each of the sidekicks. And they don't really feel necessary here. Part of the point of the one for the "mean girls" is to setup the "He was perving on us"-joke and that's fine. But for the sidekicks it doesn't really feel necessary. We can tell mc and troy are good friends based on how they talk to each other. We can infer that Jamiah is a sorceress based on the fact that we are told that her mother is dead, that she is a sidekick and that the supremes talk about her mother being a sorceress. The only information we don't get naturally is that althea was an enginered supersoldier, but that could be introduced naturally as well. You don't really need to rewrite all that stuff or anything, it's just something to keep in mind for the future. Just try to think about if the information you are writing a big introduction for couldn't be told more naturally through dialogue from the characters or something.

A few more nice things. I like Althea. She's so cute and tiny. The dialogue is generally fun.
But I don't believe for a second that troy, the dude that brings up banging chicks because you took him to a hill with a nice view, meets a lifelike-android, that calls the mc master and is named PLEASURE, and troy doesn't comment on that.
I also don't buy that some billionaire doucheback makes that android, NAMES IT PLEASURE, and then doesn't fuck it. Absolutely no way.

Edit: Oh, I also wanted to say that the magic animations look very nice, but they clash a bit with the fact that the characters casting them stand completely still. I would either make it so that the characters casting have a sort of idle-casting animation too, or just make it a still picture with both magic runes and caster being still. Mixed together it looks a bit weird.
OMG thank you for some insightful advice! I will definitely consider these as I develop the next update! Thanks again!

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
Advertises superhero shenanigans.

Get bullshit high school drama.

I'm out.
Sorry if you've been misled by the description but I promise you that this is still very much a superhero VN! The high school drama bits are only in the initial part of the episode and are there to fulfil the "Experience the life of a superhero and a high school student" description. Thanks for checking out the game!

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
good so far, already above most HS2 games in writing and presentation but you should really add text during sex scenes at least some dialogue, otherwise the pacing for em ends up feeling off. like the pleasure sex scenes goes from boob sucking to handjob to fucking without the character speaking to each other much it feels off .

BlazingBob

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2020
good so far, already above most HS2 games in writing and presentation but you should really add text during sex scenes at least some dialogue, otherwise the pacing for em ends up feeling off. like the pleasure sex scenes goes from boob sucking to handjob to fucking without the character speaking to each other much it feels off .
I'll definitely try to incorporate that next time. Thanks for the advice!

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
I'll definitely try to incorporate that next time. Thanks for the advice!
id check out games like Ripples and pale carnations for exemples that imo do it well, Ripples goes the extra mile by adding an animation of the girl being all tired after their orgasm for every sex scenes and imo its a great detail to add.

3.90 star(s) 7 Votes