kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
Using Kumarin's Uncensor plugin will drop FPS.
It occurs even if only "DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp.dll" is included in the plugin folder.
It occurs even if only "Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll" is in the plugin folder.
Using funog1's plugin will not drop FPS.
Anyone know why?
I apologize for my bad English.
I don't see the funog1's works. But may be it's change of assets files.
Same method, 4k mod is not so slow even 4ks.
Those methods are "Hard-Copy" method. Change the original file with modded.(overwrite)
So no needs BepInEx or any plugins. just run, It works.

But uncensor and texture_replacer are "Soft" methods.
Those are working on run-time. monitoring textures and censor exists? is there texture what to must replace ? those are working. disable and replace.
So there are frame-drop. But I think that those are not so much slow. those plugins are working on Scene changed, textures are changed.
Of course, check every frame. But It's not working simply.

If want more faster plugins, remove "ModImages\Uncensored by qoselt\Ricca's Body\" folder.(It has Ricca's 4k body)

Is there advantage of "Soft" methods ?
Yes. It works every game version. Not touch the original files.
But hard-copy methods working just fit version only. 4k mod is now working on just v1.20.
If 4k mod is supports v1.21, use it. remove plugins.

Reactions: AwfulArchdemon

XCalibar

Nov 20, 2019
Has anyone been able to pull the soundtrack from this game? It's really good, but it doesn't seem to be for sale anywhere sadly.
There might be easier ways to enjoy the music, such as some foobar or winamp extensions, but here's what I did:

I used vgmtoolbox :
" Under VGMToolbox > Misc.Tools > Extraction Tools > Common Archives, choose CRI ACB/AWB Archive Extractor. Then, drag and drop AWB files. The contents will be dumped to a folder."
Once you drop the BGM.awb into the window, this creates the Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data\StreamingAssets\_vgmt_awb_ext_BGM folder
and a bunch of .bin files

Then rename all the .bin files to .hca files (cmd prompt example: rename *.bin *.hca)
Then I used vgmstream's test.exe/vgmstream-cli : (the github page also has other extensions to try)

Next after downloading the latest vgmstream-cli on the github, I ran:
test.exe -o BGM.awb.00000.wav BGM.awb.00000.hca

and it worked~ Just created a .bat file to process all of them at once. There are usage options you could try that might be better. Unfortunately, I don't know song names...

Reactions: mooncakespace

Nirah

May 10, 2022
hi :)
I've already finished the game. Its rly nice.
But I wanted to ask if there is also somewhere to see all the galleries as videos?

ilson32

Dec 14, 2020
I don't see the funog1's works. But may be it's change of assets files.
Same method, 4k mod is not so slow even 4ks.
Those methods are "Hard-Copy" method. Change the original file with modded.(overwrite)
So no needs BepInEx or any plugins. just run, It works.

But uncensor and texture_replacer are "Soft" methods.
Those are working on run-time. monitoring textures and censor exists? is there texture what to must replace ? those are working. disable and replace.
So there are frame-drop. But I think that those are not so much slow. those plugins are working on Scene changed, textures are changed.
Of course, check every frame. But It's not working simply.

If want more faster plugins, remove "ModImages\Uncensored by qoselt\Ricca's Body\" folder.(It has Ricca's 4k body)

Is there advantage of "Soft" methods ?
Yes. It works every game version. Not touch the original files.
But hard-copy methods working just fit version only. 4k mod is now working on just v1.20.
If 4k mod is supports v1.21, use it. remove plugins.
Thank you. I understand.

After removing "DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp.dll" and inserting funog1's Uncensor "BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader.dll"*, FPS became better than before.
* In other words, "BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader.dll" and "Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll" are installed.

But it's not perfect and still has a little FPS drop.

Even if the "ModImages" folder is empty, the FPS drops with "Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll" installed.
If you remove "Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll", FPS will not drop.
As Mr. Kumarin said, the texture replacement process is probably causing the FPS to drop.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2021
Hi all new here
CAN some one tell me where do all of the file need to go cuz i've read all the way to page 11 of this thread already and still can't find where to put them at

also this user "Jpcarque" really got ignored even after asking so may times first time i've seen this while on here

(english is not my first language)

*cough cough*
View attachment 1311509
*cough*

surprisingly the game has basic animation behind the censors.

Made a working plugin to remove the censors.

Extract everything in the zip to the "HolyKnightRicca_v(insert_version_here)\Game" folder and start up the game.
It does require internet to grab appropriate files. It only grabs files required by BepInEx as part of BepInEx. It will take a while on the first load, but after that should load like normal.

NOTE FOR ANYONE WITH A LEGIT COPY OF THE GAME DOING UPDATES:
If you update to a new version but still have the" "HolyKnightRicca_v(###)\Game\BepInEx" folder from the previous version you need to go into it and delete the "unhollowed" folder. Doing so will let BepInEx know that it needs to rebuild itself for a new version.

Edit: Updated my post for full release. Made the how to more readable, since certain types of people can't bothered to look...
Edit2: There were no changes to the plugin itself so if you still have the old one it will still work.
Edit3: Updated notes for legit purchases, who knew we had those on this site?
can someone help me plz????the uncensord patch it's not working!!!

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
Thank you. I understand.

After removing "DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp.dll" and inserting funog1's Uncensor "BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader.dll"*, FPS became better than before.
* In other words, "BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader.dll" and "Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll" are installed.

But it's not perfect and still has a little FPS drop.

Even if the "ModImages" folder is empty, the FPS drops with "Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll" installed.
If you remove "Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll", FPS will not drop.
As Mr. Kumarin said, the texture replacement process is probably causing the FPS to drop.
"BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader.dll" ? It's MelonLoader plugin. It load old melon-plugin "MelonLoaderFTHKRTWS.dll". and It work like original "DumbRendererDemosaic.dll" plugins. It's slow than my plugin.

ilson32

Dec 14, 2020
"BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader.dll" ? It's MelonLoader plugin. It load old melon-plugin "MelonLoaderFTHKRTWS.dll". and It work like original "DumbRendererDemosaic.dll" plugins. It's slow than my plugin.
Thank you for your reply.
Strangely, in my environment, "Case A" does not cause FPS drops, and "Case B" causes FPS drops.
Uncensor is working in both cases.

Case A
1. Install "BepInEx_UnityIL2CPP_x64_ec79ad0_6.0.0-be.577.zip"
2. Launch the game once
3. Install the following files that is contained funog1's Uncensor Zip
MelonLoader\Mods\MelonLoaderFTHKRTWS.dll
BepInEx\plugins\BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader.dll

Case B
2. Launch the game once
3. Install the following files that is contained Kumarin's Uncensor Zip
BepInEx\plugins\ModImages\<all files>
BepInEx\plugins\Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
Thank you for your reply.
Strangely, in my environment, "Case A" does not cause FPS drops, and "Case B" causes FPS drops.

Case A
2. Launch the game once

Case B
2. Launch the game once
BepInEx\plugins\ModImages\<all files>
BepInEx\plugins\Texture_Replacer_il2cpp.dll
Case B. It's replace texture on run-time. so makes drop.
Compare Case A with DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp.dll (not use Texture_Replace is same conditions)
Those have same function. Removes mosaic renderer.

Texture_Replace has another function. replace the genitals images.

ilson32

Dec 14, 2020
Case B. It's replace texture on run-time. so makes drop.
Compare Case A with DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp.dll (not use Texture_Replace is same conditions)
Those have same function. Removes mosaic renderer.

Texture_Replace has another function. replace the genitals images.
Oh, I'm sorry, I made a mistake in the contents of Case B.
What I should have written was:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Strangely, in my environment, "Case A" does not cause FPS drops, and "Case C" causes FPS drops.

Case A
2. Launch the game once

Case C
2. Launch the game once
BepInEx\plugins\DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp.dll
BepInEx\plugins\DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp.ini
As you say, it's natural for Case B to drop FPS. However, it is a mystery that FPS drops in Case C.

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
Oh, I'm sorry, I made a mistake in the contents of Case B.
What I should have written was:
Strangely, in my environment, "Case A" does not cause FPS drops, and "Case C" causes FPS drops.

Case A
2. Launch the game once

Case C
2. Launch the game once
BepInEx\plugins\DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp.dll
BepInEx\plugins\DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp.ini
As you say, it's natural for Case B to drop FPS. However, it is a mystery that FPS drops in Case C.
This is ported BepInEx plugin from MelonLoaderFTHKRTWS.dll.
It's working same as MelonLoaderFTHKRTWS.dll.
I made it at 2/23/2022. for not use MelonLoader proxy. Use it. no needs BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader.dll.
I modified DumbRendererDemosaic for general use. It's more complex than original. but I cared about speed.
It's hard to explain that working mechanism.
It seems to be a symptom of doing more tasks that take a lot of time to process at the same time. When I set the goal to be "faster", the interval became shorter, which seems to be a symptom of a slower pace.
I'll make it better.

wolfbetter

Nov 23, 2018
is it one of those "you win if you lose" kind of game? Will I get some sort of H-aciton if I play the game regularly without trying to lose intentionally?

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
is it one of those "you win if you lose" kind of game? Will I get some sort of H-aciton if I play the game regularly without trying to lose intentionally?
No. You don't have to intentionally give up. You can select scene on stage select screen if cleared.

ilson32

Dec 14, 2020
This is ported BepInEx plugin from MelonLoaderFTHKRTWS.dll.
It's working same as MelonLoaderFTHKRTWS.dll.
I made it at 2/23/2022. for not use MelonLoader proxy. Use it. no needs BepInEx.MelonLoader.Loader.dll.
I modified DumbRendererDemosaic for general use. It's more complex than original. but I cared about speed.
It's hard to explain that working mechanism.
It seems to be a symptom of doing more tasks that take a lot of time to process at the same time. When I set the goal to be "faster", the interval became shorter, which seems to be a symptom of a slower pace.
I'll make it better.
Thanks for all your help.
I tried installing the "DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp_for_ricca.dll" you gave me, but it causes terrible FPS drops and FPS drops below 10 during gameplay. (GeForce RTX 2060)
Only "DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp_for_ricca.dll" is in the "plugins" folder.

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
Thanks for all your help.
I tried installing the "DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp_for_ricca.dll" you gave me, but it causes terrible FPS drops and FPS drops below 10 during gameplay. (GeForce RTX 2060)
Only "DumbRendererDemosaicIl2Cpp_for_ricca.dll" is in the "plugins" folder.
Sorry. It was complex version...
I made it same code with MelonLoaderFTHKRTWS.dll.
Perfomance will be same.
How to view FPS ? It was on setting.. I remember.. But can't find.
I will more optimize it for ricca.
I checked count of SkinnedMeshRenderer in scene. It's so few.. No need complex optimizations.

And this is v2.
It may be faster than others. But I checked FPS with MS XBOX GAME BAR .. I have no idea with how many different FPS each others.
IMO, v2 is best...

Last edited:

mooncakespace

Jun 22, 2019
There might be easier ways to enjoy the music, such as some foobar or winamp extensions, but here's what I did:

I used vgmtoolbox :
" Under VGMToolbox > Misc.Tools > Extraction Tools > Common Archives, choose CRI ACB/AWB Archive Extractor. Then, drag and drop AWB files. The contents will be dumped to a folder."
Once you drop the BGM.awb into the window, this creates the Game\HolyKnightRicca_Data\StreamingAssets\_vgmt_awb_ext_BGM folder
and a bunch of .bin files

Then rename all the .bin files to .hca files (cmd prompt example: rename *.bin *.hca)
Then I used vgmstream's test.exe/vgmstream-cli : (the github page also has other extensions to try)

Next after downloading the latest vgmstream-cli on the github, I ran:
test.exe -o BGM.awb.00000.wav BGM.awb.00000.hca

and it worked~ Just created a .bat file to process all of them at once. There are usage options you could try that might be better. Unfortunately, I don't know song names...
thank you for the guide!!

Reactions: XCalibar

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
not a bad game by all means but lacking sex for pix and the monster bosses like the dragon (for real how did the dev no include this?) who cares about a stone giant when you have a huge dragon?

May 13, 2021
What's different in 1.2.1?
Google Translated:
The update from v1.2.0 only fixes bugs.
The main modifications are as follows. It is not a fatal bug fix, so please update if you are concerned.
・Fixed a bug where Rikka's invincibility was not canceled when backstep was interrupted by a trap, etc.
・Fixed a bug where the position of the 3D model of the dress-up weapon "Magician's Staff" was misaligned.
・Fixed a bug where some particles and metaballs in H scenes were displayed in incorrect colors.
・Fixed a bug where the axis arrow displayed in the free camera mode of the H scene in 3D mode may blink.
・Changed the behavior of camera operation when the camera passes the gaze point in free camera mode of H scene in 3D mode.

From v1.1.9 to v1.2.0, the following updates have been made, so those who are in the process of updating are recommended.
・Fixed a bug that caused the game state to become incorrect when continuing from the stage selection screen after exiting the game after obtaining a Continue Crystal.

4.50 star(s) 105 Votes