EF.Sora

Apr 15, 2019
... I mean, the characters aren't bad. If the opening wasn't as intense, I'd be cool with them.

Also, The game itself isn't bad. It's actually good. Everyone has criticism and it's valid. I suppose people feel strongly about it because they like it.

I'll trust that the writer has a plan.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018
Based on what we saw, any war between the two would end in 5" with the Elders just showing their faces and all the demons shitting their pants or get instantly wiped out... The MC went on his own little killing spree after Inessa's murder and even "bullied" his way back to hell and there were no "repercussions", so unless they are suicidal, I don't see why the demons would wager a war against even more powerful beings if he'd kill a couple of them at college.

That power balance, or imbalance in this case, creates another plot hole about the MC being the only one who can rule hell, because the demons would rebel against anyone else...
There are two problems with that. Firstly they already rebelled against the MC once, that's why Inessa is dead, and secondly if the result of that "rebellion" was hundreds (Maybe even thousands? We don't really know) of deaths, why would they try to do the same against someone even stronger than him?
These issues are relatively easy to fix. Have the demons weaker individually, but vastly more numerous. That's probably what the author is already going for, judging by what's in the game already. There seem to be some translation issues, like when Zak demands that the main character "abolish" his father's throne, so I'm not sure how much of the dialogue can be taken literally. Especially since so many of their discussions are about rumours. You also have a lot of talk about the main character being King of Hell, even though there are clearly different kingdoms in Hell, and more than one King, so that's a bit confusing. There are lots of inconsistencies in the game, but the one thing that is very consistent is that the angels do not want a full scale war.

Bethor was very confident when confronting the main character, until those shadow soldiers were summoned. Then he damn near shit himself. I think that's an indication that being outnumbered is usually a problem for angels. This is also supported by Nyks in her desperation to get the main character out of hell so that he isn't killed in battle with Zak's army. The main character didn't defeat Zak and his armies in a big battle. He arrived unexpectedly, killed some guards in the hall, and then Zak. The details of the aftermath aren't conclusively shown to us. We know that he killed "everyone fit to run the place", but he obviously didn't kill every demon since there's still plenty left to rule. As for why the demons would follow the main character and not any other angel, it could be due to him being a banished angel (which is what Azel hypothesized).

I think this aspect of the story is salvageable. It's needs some tweaking, but it's nowhere near the shitshow that the family and college stuff has been.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
No the MC is still an angel, just without wings and dark magic is as the name implies, magic, which has nothing to do with abilities. Even demons with no abilities can learn/use it and was ''created'' by Azazel an angel...
If i'm not completely mistaken, generally in different mythologies etc... angel that loses its wings also changes into something else, or at least becomes fallen angel, for example Lucifer. Also dark magic might be only available for entities that have some form of "darkness" in them, which might be why no angel that hasn't fallen would use it. It's also common trope in fantasy that magic users have affinities with different magic attributes and can't use all of them, for example opposite attributes.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
Maybe after what happened this update the family will finally realize how much they fucked up in the past and that acting all sweet and essentially like nothing that bad happened is not the play going forward. That goes for Emma and Raphael, Azel is straight up irredeemable.

For this story to make any kind of narrative sense, there has to be a complete change in Azel's character or a change in how MC treats her, one or the other, because right now, she's acting like she did no wrong and all bitchy about it almost making fun of MC and MC's acting like everything's cool and that she didn't do and isn't actually doing anything wrong. The way it's handled now firstly doesn't make any sense and secondly is dragging the whole game down.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
If i'm not completely mistaken, generally in different mythologies etc... angel that loses its wings also changes into something else, or at least becomes fallen angel, for example Lucifer. Also dark magic might be only available for entities that have some form of "darkness" in them, which might be why no angel that hasn't fallen would use it. It's also common trope in fantasy that magic users have affinities with different magic attributes and can't use all of them, for example opposite attributes.
IIRC they are fallen because they sined and/or rebelled first and then were banished to Hell were they became demons and the like under Lucifer, has not so much to do with their wings.

That is the choice the MC has imo, stay good or become evil, maybe a devil.
But so far he is an angel. The MC just doesn't consider himself to be part of them anymore because he was ostracized.

As for the dark magic.
Could be, but at least so far there is no mentioning of any limitations of who could learn/use it.
Just that it is forbidden for angels to use it, which seems to imply they could if they wanted, otherwise no need to forbid it.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I have become invested in the story by reading the comments. I have no plans of playing the game due to the reactions of said comments, but I am very interested in the debates as well as the evolution of the story.
Nah man, try it.

You know how much you love Kaija? Azel is 10x worse. MC inner thoughts just make things even worse.

Then you can join us in ranting here.

Story has incredible potential, that's why there's so much discussion despite low rating.

Xmoe22

Mar 26, 2022
I have become invested in the story by reading the comments. I have no plans of playing the game due to the reactions of said comments, but I am very interested in the debates as well as the evolution of the story.
It is a good game if you're interested, regardless if you want to play it or not, the discussion we have here is way better even of the game discord itself
People here are invested and the debate is interesting so to speak

Reactions: RonaldGrand6969

Xmoe22

Mar 26, 2022
I believe people here are harsh mostly because of the ridiculous college theme that don't fit with the game style and they don't understand why the MC change of personality before and after meeting his mother, the MC (also us) now realize that he is influenced by his mother power (some of us simply don't appreciate the plot and turn blind eye)

Reactions: vogelbeest

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I believe people here are harsh mostly because of the ridiculous college theme that don't fit with the game style and they don't understand why the MC change of personality before and after meeting his mother, the MC (also us) now realize that he is influenced by his mother power (some of us simply don't appreciate the plot and turn blind eye)
While the college is pretty ridiculous, it does serve the purpose of MC meeting other characters. Though it would have been better if there had been at least start of the whole therapy part of the story before it. Considering MC is clearly not suited to function in a crowd, unless drinking, at his current state of mind.

pablo.1297

Jan 2, 2019
A. Their power has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was referring to the realism of how they are handling a first for them, mental trauma. If anyone was an expert at it it wouldn't be such a delicate matter to tackle to begin with. Having powers doesn't immediately make you above everything else. You can still have problems completely irrelevant to I can shoot shadow knives out of my hands, get off your high horse.

B. They were worried about the MC. Azel mentions Emma having night terrors and having to go to therapy I already clarified this. The family is trying to reconnect with the MC in the best way that THEY believe they can. In that sense they abandoned everything they knew and went to Earth, tried to save the MC but God put a guardian and removed the known gateway. There was nothing they COULD do, that all being said; I already clarified but I guess I'll repeat myself, IF they didn't know that the MC was being tortured (which is entirely possible, but would be very hard to believe imo), then for all they knew he was just being held prisoner. In the flashback to when God closed the gateway he even mentions that the MC will be fine (obvious lie) but to most of them his word is absolute. I don't think Emma or Raphael bought it, but Azel and Raniel all STILL work for God, trying to play both sides. I already mentioned that I wouldn't forgive those 2 unless Azel was brought to tears and TRULY didn't realize she was sending the MC to be tortured.

C. You are high, yet again, she did say all of those things, but you failed to remember that she tried to bring him out of Hell right after the fact, or that she had night terrors previously, and if that's not enough for you, my next point.

D. You're right, she is all powerful, to an extent. This is where you fail miserably to mention that:
1. The powers are relevant to what they do, last I checked the power to control all living entities doesn't also include the power to hear things across dimensions dumbass.
2. She sent demons to Hell to gain any information, which is why upon further inspection I'm prone to believe the fact that they didn't return is because the King was keeping the torture a secret, as well as God.
3. She is not as powerful as God stop huffing that copium. The MC MENTIONS that if her powers really do work on everything that they COULD be used on God, not that they actually can.
4. Even if they did work on God we have no way of knowing the extent of her powers, their limits. For all we know she can only suggest to God and not so much as full blown control him. What if it takes everything she has and while she's issuing one command God has a failsafe with the Elders to attack her, she's already preoccupied. This leads to war, a war with her children's lives on the line. That being said anyone God threw at her would be useless because she just tells them to fuck off, which would also have to lead to a war to take her down. We also don't know how much God loves her, maybe he was just scared of the MC's potential moreso than his love for Emma.
5. God closed the gateway, power over reality space time and all that. If you can't PHYSICALLY get over there how in the fuck are you supposed to send emails?

You can blame them but I don't think it should be as heavily as I first saw it. They aren't monsters but they are pretty dysfunctional with eachother.
The mc discovered a way to travel between dimensions using dark magic in less than a month if I remember correctly, it is true that they mention that angels are forbidden to use this magic but it is not made clear that they can't use it, so either the mc is gifted and did what the mother and sisters could not having more connections and knowing the world better than him or they are just useless. The "we tried" excuse makes you wonder really how many things did they try? I mean Nyx or whatever her name is (can't remember) had another way to travel, so options are not lacking.
The justification they give seems "fine" to me to fix ch 2 which was a mess, now if they really want the mc bad enough to defy god, the fact that dark magic is banned should give a shit.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
I actually don't mind the college theme, I just wish it was less forced right away and more AFTER we had rekindled with our family.

It's like budget Hogwarts only instead of magical sticks you're a scary Archangel and their are demons, vampirs, bullies that'll get clapped, and unaware humans. And that's not to mention the potential sports in the future!

I mean the MC has to develop himself outside of a life of just full torture EVENTUALLY right? College is unironically a good start, but again AFTER he has delt with his trauma (and family) a bit more.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Maybe after what happened this update the family will finally realize how much they fucked up in the past and that acting all sweet and essentially like nothing that bad happened is not the play going forward. That goes for Emma and Raphael, Azel is straight up irredeemable.

For this story to make any kind of narrative sense, there has to be a complete change in Azel's character or a change in how MC treats her, one or the other, because right now, she's acting like she did no wrong and all bitchy about it almost making fun of MC and MC's acting like everything's cool and that she didn't do and isn't actually doing anything wrong. The way it's handled now firstly doesn't make any sense and secondly is dragging the whole game down.
Yeah imo I COULD possibly see a future liking her ONLY IF I see her groveling in tears because she TRULY (somehow) didn't know what happened to us in Hell. Like maybe she didn't know the actual gravity of sending us there without so much as a goodbye.

I like to think that the reason she said nothing is because it was too painful (hence why we never saw her face in Hell) as the camera angle was indicating she was crimping or something (just my redeem take). I really do hope the fight'll shed some light on it. I just have to believe for now that the family is oblivious to what actually happened in Hell as to the way they are handling our recovery, save for not being experts.

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
i know many like theory crafting but its only the 3 update why we dont let the dev [ut out a little more about his idea ......i dont see any harm in the way he is doing so far ,ofc i have complaints but wh doesnt ,yeah the college isnt the best one,bcs well he is an angel but he is in distress and noneone knows ,he doesnt open himself to his emotions and the only ones who are well aware of them are those inside his head ,some of them bad some of them good .i see ghost being the evil part and luna being the good one ,and the little guy well just a teen with high hormones

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
While the college is pretty ridiculous, it does serve the purpose of MC meeting other characters. Though it would have been better if there had been at least start of the whole therapy part of the story before it. Considering MC is clearly not suited to function in a crowd, unless drinking, at his current state of mind.
Now that you said it "unless drinking", it would have been better to send him to a bar like Papa Midnite's in Constantine movie/comic. I mean a bar full of angels and demons sure as hell makes more sense than a fucking school plot arc. This way the story wouldn't have devolved into teenage wanker territory.
vkpSxv.gif

SDDA

Jun 21, 2017
Is it rly worth wasting renders and time on a character just to see her cry and beg ... i like whats going on right now, a somewhat valid reason and they make up, rather than getting an update with no progression and dragging it out just so some ppl have their satisfaction...
Don't know why ppl mock and not just enjoy the vn-s that actually try to tell a "story". Hope the dev don't read this thread and change the story.

3.40 star(s) 77 Votes