Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
eeeh

i read some random comments to get a grip of the story

do i get it right :
the game goes from an wrathseeking angel ,escaping from torture in hell, to COLLEGE and therapy?
pls tell me this is not the plot ...

Reactions: Illuminati00

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
eeeh

do i get it right :
the game goes from an wrathseeking angel ,escaping from torture in hell, to COLLEGE and therapy?
Well, at least college should be out of question after the last update...probably, maybe.
And you forget the horny family which want to bang the MC :HideThePain:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
eeeh

do i get it right :
Of course not! The MC is also going shopping with his mom, she buys him an amazing sweater vest and then they visit a lovely cafe! Seriously though... That's an actual scene from Chapter 2. The MC even gets scolded for skipping class at some point! Dude's unstable, he's been tortured for centuries, he's obviously in a very bad mental state and they think that the best way for him to learn "how to human" is by forcing him to go to college.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Well, at least college should be out of question after the last update...probably, maybe.
And you forget the horny family which want to bang the MC :HideThePain:
Of course not! The MC is also going shopping with his mom, she buys him an amazing sweater vest and then they visit a lovely cafe! Seriously though... That's an actual scene from Chapter 2. The MC even gets scolded for skipping class at some point! Dude's unstable, he's been tortured for centuries, he's obviously in a very bad mental state and they think that the best way for him to learn "how to human" is by forcing him to go to college.
omfg ....

well , i will play abit more and see if its as confusing at its sounds
and atm its sounds rediculous

thanks guys

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
do i get it right :
Hey, nobody said it was a good college.... ;)

But yeah, for this game i'd strongly advise to play it first.... It's pretty good actually, but you can decide for yourself, reading the thread just sets expectations.... To be fair, there's been some over analyzing in this thread, it's a fantasy game, not a psychological thriller...

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
omfg ....

well , i will play abit more and see if its as confusing at its sounds
and atm its sounds rediculous

thanks guys
Just play it and give us your opinion afterwards, just don't keep your expections too high after a really good start.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
god ....

what a stupid plot ...

suddenly the mc acts like a little-very stupid -child

really - "an angel goes to a therapist.... "
sounds like a start of a low-blow joke

im eXiteD to see hows that college part goes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ..not

atleast you can play the asshole sometimes - thats a plus

but why is raphael giving commands

edit :
fazit
well...

if the dev drops the college and psychotherapist stuff - its maybe going to be a good game (with tendency to very good)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018
That fight was a let down to be honest. She was holding back and the MC could barely keep up with her. How the fuck did this guy wreak havoc in hell? If the demons are so weak, why are the angels so adamant on keeping the balance? What balance?
He did manage to stick a dagger in her ribs, so it's not like she walked away unscathed. And two of his alter egos were trying to hold him back during his hallucination, so maybe that was working against him too? The fact that Azel was able to beat a guy flailing around in what was basically a fever-dream might not necessarily mean that she would win in a real fight.

I'm guessing the whole maintain the balance thing is more about keeping the peace rather than any sort of actual power struggle. If humans are valuable to both Heaven and Hell, and any war between the two would spill out into the mortal world and cause complete carnage and chaos, it would mean that angels would win a pyrrhic victory which doesn't do them any good in the long run.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
That fight was a let down to be honest. She was holding back and the MC could barely keep up with her. How the fuck did this guy wreak havoc in hell? If the demons are so weak, why are the angels so adamant on keeping the balance? What balance?
Well that's the point of WANTING to keep the balance. Sure the angels could annihilate the demons, doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. But the fact of the matter is that the supernatural society is at a heavy breaking point right now.

You got the Goddess for the first time since the dawn of time probably, sleeping on the couch by choice forcing half the angels to split from their original thought to be undying devotion, and better yet, the couch is Earth; filled with very fragile humans. Taking all of that into account the MC (who's also an angel) decides to murder the entirety of a race's capable leaders in their own territory, and is now being protected with no consequences on you guessed it; Earth.

Also considering the fact that the MC hasn't really fought at all in his time of existence (i.e being tortured that entire time) while Azel has probably had the chance to train with her siblings and the MC never had any power in the first place to hone, I'd be say he's doing a fantastic job of at least being able to stab her.

Reactions: EF.Sora

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Well that's the point of WANTING to keep the balance. Sure the angels could annihilate the demons, doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out. But the fact of the matter is that the supernatural society is at a heavy breaking point right now.

You got the Goddess for the first time since the dawn of time probably, sleeping on the couch by choice forcing half the angels to split from their original thought to be undying devotion, and better yet, the couch is Earth; filled with very fragile humans. Taking all of that into account the MC (who's also an angel) decides to murder the entirety of a race's capable leaders in their own territory, and is now being protected with no consequences on you guessed it; Earth.

Also considering the fact that the MC hasn't really fought at all in his time of existence (i.e being tortured that entire time) while Azel has probably had the chance to train with her siblings and the MC never had any power in the first place to hone, I'd be say he's doing a fantastic job of at least being able to stab her.
for how much the emphasis was made/done on hell forces ... after the fight with Azel.. MC seems more like a little bitch than anything...
also going from that fight ... how in the fuck is he supposed to defeat the father of all angels?
asking him nicely to die?
if he could barely hold on his own against 1 angel, be it archangel of death or whomever then I don't see how he is going to fight against his father who is said to be all powerful ...
the story is hanging by a thread at the moment, and even that thread is thin as fuck.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
for how much the emphasis was made/done on hell forces ... after the fight with Azel.. MC seems more like a little bitch than anything...
also going from that fight ... how in the fuck is he supposed to defeat the father of all angels?
if he could barely hold on his own against 1 angel, be it archangel of death or whomever then I don't see how he is going to fight against his father who is said to be all powerful ...
the story is hanging by a thread at the moment, and even that thread is thin as fuck.
I mean, MC has pretty much said the following in his inner monologues, he needs more powers to copy and people most suitable for the powers he need currently are Emma and Raphael, with now that other fallen angel, who taught demons some black magic and is opposing god, added to the mix. MC knows he isn't ready to fight god and if were to try, he would be beaten before he could even get there. Angels have had centuries/millenia to train their fighting abilities, where as MC has spent most of his time locked in a torture chamber, the fact that he could dominate as much as he did in hell just shows how weak many of the demons were. This setting clearly doesn't follow the traditional hell and heaven are in constant state of warfare, since by every indication now, heaven could have just swooped in and destroy everything in hell. Instead god wants MC to be the king of hell, who is locked inside there in the little cage that it would be. Hell, you could say that MC is currently a cripple, mentally and physically, who is still trying to learn how to walk, in order to eventually run a marathon. The first bits of training he really has had was with Nyks in that short period of time he was ruling in hell, being sent to Earth by Nyks.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I mean, MC has pretty much said the following in his inner monologues, he needs more powers to copy and people most suitable for the powers he need currently are Emma and Raphael, with now that other fallen angel, who taught demons some black magic and is opposing god, added to the mix. MC knows he isn't ready to fight god and if were to try, he would be beaten before he could even get there. Angels have had centuries/millenia to train their fighting abilities, where as MC has spent most of his time locked in a torture chamber, the fact that he could dominate as much as he did in hell just shows how weak many of the demons were. This setting clearly doesn't follow the traditional hell and heaven are in constant state of warfare, since by every indication now, heaven could have just swooped in and destroy everything in hell. Instead god wants MC to be the king of hell, who is locked inside there in the little cage that it would be. Hell, you could say that MC is currently a cripple, mentally and physically, who is still trying to learn how to walk, in order to eventually run a marathon. The first bits of training he really has had was with Nyks in that short period of time he was ruling in hell, being sent to Earth by Nyks.
eh... we don't know what his father wants, if I remember correctly there's no clear mention of what he wants.
it could be that he sent him away because of his powers, we don't know exactly why , just that he was sent, unless I'm misremembering.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
eh... we don't know what his father wants, if I remember correctly there's no clear mention of what he wants.
it could be that he sent him away because of his powers, we don't know exactly why , just that he was sent, unless I'm misremembering.
Iirc one of the angels mentions this to MC, that he has created a mess in hell and god wants him to go back there and rule it. It's part of the storyline of where MC almost faces of with the Elders. Now what was the original reason for god stripping MC of his wings and sending to hell, we don't know that.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
He did manage to stick a dagger in her ribs, so it's not like she walked away unscathed. And two of his alter egos were trying to hold him back during his hallucination, so maybe that was working against him too? The fact that Azel was able to beat a guy flailing around in what was basically a fever-dream might not necessarily mean that she would win in a real fight.

I'm guessing the whole maintain the balance thing is more about keeping the peace rather than any sort of actual power struggle. If humans are valuable to both Heaven and Hell, and any war between the two would spill out into the mortal world and cause complete carnage and chaos, it would mean that angels would win a pyrrhic victory which doesn't do them any good in the long run.
Fever dream or not, in his mind he was fighting against the person who killed Inessa, the one he's been having nightmares of, and since he stabbed Azel (who we know was holding back) while thinking he was stabbing him, he wasn't just flailing around, but seeing Azel as Zak or whatever Kreon's son's name was.

Based on what we saw, any war between the two would end in 5" with the Elders just showing their faces and all the demons shitting their pants or get instantly wiped out... The MC went on his own little killing spree after Inessa's murder and even "bullied" his way back to hell and there were no "repercussions", so unless they are suicidal, I don't see why the demons would wager a war against even more powerful beings if he'd kill a couple of them at college.

That power balance, or imbalance in this case, creates another plot hole about the MC being the only one who can rule hell, because the demons would rebel against anyone else...
There are two problems with that. Firstly they already rebelled against the MC once, that's why Inessa is dead, and secondly if the result of that "rebellion" was hundreds (Maybe even thousands? We don't really know) of deaths, why would they try to do the same against someone even stronger than him?

EF.Sora

Apr 15, 2019
Honestly I'm happy I read the comments. The game looked amazing, happy I was spared the disapointment.
The game looks amazing because it really does, the renders are great. Should still give it a shot, because the opening is hype as hell (well, to me. There may be holes). You may not have the same problems some of us have.

The overarching story is interesting.
---

Yeah, that makes sense to an extent. I just read through the last bit of Chapter 3 because of Boehser Onkel's find. I'll jump at any moment to walk away from Emma. It still doesn't change my feeling on the whole situation, I'm not a fan of the hallucination reason for losing it, I kinda want MC to be in charge of wanting to fight even if it's unreasonable... Now that I think about it, I guess I just don't like Emma's power... and Emma, but probably her power too, which could be the reason for no one acting right.
----

Now what was the original reason for god stripping MC of his wings and sending to hell, we don't know that.
I'd assume God knows his power and wanted MC to get away from him before he gained his power. So God is scared and basically jumpstarted his own fall.

RonaldGrand6969

Aug 30, 2019
Again, those are demons. There is obviously a HUGE power different between the angels and demons, ESPECIALLY an Archangel. How did you think Azel got as important of a task as the Angel of Death? In almost every iteration of biblical lore that's like the equivalent to the "Hand of God" not exactly your "little bitch" of an Archangel. So him "semi" struggling against an Archangel who's had her powers since childhood, compared to someone who just discovered theirs, OF COURSE there is a power gap. That all being said, he's not going all out either, his mind is quite literally trying to hold him back (i.e Luna and the annoying guy) and him not using the Shadow Army at his beck and call.

As to the other point, it doesn't take a genius to know he wasn't going to beat God right away, give me a break. I'm pretty sure he mentions several times that he needs more power, and that his first step is to hone the Goddess's power and Raphael's, along with anything else he can get his hands on. As to why he was willing to go against Bethor and the Elders... it's most likely because he was in a bad headspace, I mean he literally says he wasn't thinking. Imo it was a willing suicide charge.

The power struggle between Angels and Demons, God and the MC, is the LEAST issue that this VN has. The issue is the family (who are obviously the primary LVs) being oblivious to the obvious trauma the MC has gone through.

Upon rereading I decided to take a serious look at the story and how the characters react to see if maybe I was too furious at the family at the time to see the true picture, and my conclusion was:

1. The writing is "alright" definitely better than most VNs but lackluster in some conversations (i.e some lines literally disregard what they were just talking about, nothing a small rewrite on said lines couldn't fix). I think it truly excels when the MC is deep in thought about his trauma.

2. The renders are great and arguably one of the best parts of the VN 2nd to only (imo) the concept/theme. Which is playing as a motherfuckin all powerful (or soon to be given his interesting power) Archangel. Playing out the typical Lucifer story with a bit more depth than just, "I'm evil and I want my father's throne."

3. The MC is good imo. Sure the direction of the family dynamic trying to get all buddy buddy with him and him just blatantly ignoring their ignorance sometimes is a bit annoying, again, nothing a rewrite couldn't fix. I think this is done for if you're trying to take the good path, the MC comes off as pretty neutral all things considered, and that's welcomed to me. The last thing I'd want in a concept like this is the MC to be happy, jolly, and horny, which brings me to my next point.

4. The sexual nature of the VN is welcomed the way it's going about it. Like I said before; he's not a go lucky hornball, but instead standoffish. And while I like that you can pick whatever sexual feelings you feel towards someone, when you DO pick them, it's less a super horny nature peeping tom, and moreso comes off as blatant curiosity. As for Azel's mannerisms it's obvious she's like your teasing tomboy older sister, and Emma is infatuated with us due to A. Being her long lost son and B. The scent powers we are using against her unknowingly.

5. The family, okay so I reread everything and maybe I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt, but I actually don't mind the family AS MUCH as I used to. Hear me out; the way they are going about the recovery of the MC is questionable in it's effectiveness realistically, but that's how it goes in real life sometimes. I've personally gone through a traumatic experience in my life and while the answer may have seemed clear to my family as to how they could fix me, it wasn't the way I WANTED to be fixed. They are TRYING, as opposed to some families that will just let you mellow in self doubt and give you TOO much space, eventually leading to suicide.

A. If you think about it from Emma's perspective she's never really lost a child (other than that raven chick but I'd say we don't have enough information about that yet), so she's trying to be all inclusive as she feels like she's failed us as a parent. And say she tried to force God to stop him from sending the MC to Hell, that would've potentially risked a War that would've resulted in countless deaths amongst her children over ONE child, as harsh as that sounds, I probably would've made the same choice as her. And for the record, she has had nightmares and a sense of guilt about the whole thing so she's not as bad as Azel.

B. Raphael is the nicest, she tried to let the MC know ahead of time. She also strikes me as the shy type so maybe that plays a role in it, always being forced to heal wounds or take care of the MC during their youth makes you feel unwanted for anything but what you can do for someone. Being yelled at by the one person you were supposed to protect, probably doesn't help.

C. Azel's the worst, again all she needs to do is acknowledge what she did was FUCKED UP regardless of the consequences and give the MC some space. Nough said on that because here's my primary point and the main issue imo to this whole VN.

6. So if the family is just being a normal family in the way that they aren't perfect in handling a traumatic experience, what's the issue? Here in lies the MAJOR plot hole; the MC has said outright a few times about being tortured in Hell, but either A. They refuse to listen to what the fuck he just said or B. They think he means it metaphorically. If it's the latter I can respect that as possible but if it's the former this whole VN is fucked. Because while he has said it a few times, they all insist they have no idea what actually happened to him in Hell. Raphael says it, AZEL says it (which would justifiably explain her nonchalant attitude) and even Emma says it, just like that in fact. So maybe they REALLY thought it was just a prison and don't know that he was actually tortured. Maybe they were even told that he wasn't going to get the torture treatment by God, and saw it more as a unjustified time out?

But then begs the biggest question, even if that were BOTH true, how did they not figure out or hear rumors that the King of HELL's favorite toy to torture was an Angel? There was only one in there as far as everyone knew, and with how fast the news of Hell being conquered came to Earth, you would think that a high profile ARCHANGEL would be a hot topic of discussion for the Demons on Earth at least in the beginning.

A. So we can't blame the family for the way they are handling the MC as unrealistic.
B. We can't blame the way they are acting if they truly didn't know that he was tortured for centuries.
C. We can't blame them for not trying to reach him.
D. And we can't blame them for not hearing his prayers.

But we CAN blame them for if they KNEW about the torture, and we CAN blame them for not finding out about said torture. Unless the King of Demons kept it all under wraps. As far as we know, only Prince Zak (his son), Inessa (his maid) and some seer that thought he was going to die anyway actually knew BEFORE he took the throne that he was being tortured. Those are all high positions of power in the hierarchy of Hell where looking the wrong way can get you killed let alone questioning said positions.

Those are my lenient defendable thoughts on the matter. I am curious if some of you could try to see it from those perspectives. What are your thoughts?

3.40 star(s) 77 Votes