Ren'Py Abandoned The Family Business: Parallel Universe | MiniGame - TechDemo [v1.11 FINAL] [Nemesia Productions]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
What about Alice? Judging by her bio, she must also be a virgin.
She is an introvert for all intents and purposes but with the help of Ruby, she tries to socialize as much as she can. Surely there were some short-lived relationships in her life but never found what she was looking for and decided those were destined to be doomed on the long run. As you can guess there were chains of breakups at one point. She is completely focused on the house and helping her Mom currently and there is simply not enough time to focus on a boyfriend. Maybe you can change it in the main game tho ;)

• Angry
Reactions: verzauberung

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
She is an introvert for all intents and purposes but with the help of Ruby, she tries to socialize as much as she can. Surely there were some short-lived relationships in her life but never found what she was looking for and decided those were destined to be doomed on the long run. As you can guess there were chains of breakups at one point. She is completely focused on the house and helping her Mom currently and there is simply not enough time to focus on a boyfriend. Maybe you can change it in the main game tho ;)
Damn, that's sad and depressing. The character models look nice, they are well written, but this is not for me.

Reactions: verzauberung

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Thank you so much mate. Glad you've enjoyed it.

That part was added to try a mechanic. In the demo there is really no difference between two choices except big sisters reaction. We could add a different dress and rendered an optional scene for it but really we saw no benefit on wasting time and resources on that. Also we really don't know what happened when the big sister went in to help mom. Maybe they have decided on that outfit while she was helping with her hair and makeup. Maybe thats the outfit mom designed or maybe it is the revealing outfit. Alex wouldn't know the difference anyway and that wasn't discussed afterwards.

But making that scene allowed us to test how different choices can react with characters and notifications so it served its purpose.

Thank you mate. Its always great to read your kind comments and very well put together feedbacks filled with constructive criticism. Those kind of stuff will really help us make the main game better.

That dream sequence was designed for two reasons. One, to enhance narrative to make you guys understand how easily Kiera get into MC's head and manipulate him to think even the most unthinkable things and to test the dream sequence mechanic. That cloudy display in which we show what the MC thinks at that moment. There are some other thing we've tried like splitting the screen and showing the messages instead of pulling phone in front of the camera or simply give the text messages as dialogues. We actually want feedback on those decisions since they will either be in the main game or we'll have to find other solutions for that part. Instead everyone got stuck on the content of the dream sequence. While understanding the concern behind it, I can assure everyone that we do not like NTR and we will not include it if the story doesn't absolutely need it. To be honest I really think that it works well for that particular scene and enhances the emotion I was trying to convey there. While we can make it disappear if needed by a simple question prior to it like we did with our hotfix, we will still vaguely describe it with zero details. Because there is a story before and after it that really feeds from that idea of Mom not being good at controlling hes alcohol and might get drunk. We wanted the MC to feel a slight regret after letting mom go out like that. Your idea really makes sense tho. Mom reassuring the MC after coming back would be the ideal scenario yet we didn't have anything planned after she leaves the house and ultimately MC stays alone with Lil Sis. Like I've stated earlier, this is called Parallel Universe for a reason. No connections whatsoever to the main game except general concept, character models and personalities.
As for the feedback about features in the game - the dream sequences as a feature was good, the split-screen was a nice touch(both in terms of dream and the phone, cuz some devs use the phone and text messages and not transfer the context of the msg to the game text bar, and you have to read msg from the phone, and it can be annoying), but if I may suggest it will be good if the player can double-tap on the dream and bring it in the full-screen mode as if MC was completely consumed by his thoughts, but better if it was optional, or just leave it like it is now. The dice check is fine (as long as it can be abuse by save scame if you know what I mean :sneaky:) this gives the game some element of randomness and as long if it's not implied in every decision it wouldn't be that frustrating in the future IMO. I personally would work more on the roaming part and navigation in general, cuz for me sometimes it was confusing when I tried to go in the certain parts of the house when I can. As far as the context of a dream - yea as you said "it works well for that particular scene and enhances the emotion I was trying to convey there" and it's true... mb juuuust a little too much as we can see from the comments:LOL::LOL:, but I agreed with ArgoF_316 suggestion - as long as it is some kinds of reassures from nps in the game it will be fine (for the future event, IF something like that will appear)
But overall as long as you will be transparent with your patrons and potential patrons - you will be fine. As I said before you have a great potential gem on your hands(y)

Reactions: NemesiaProductions

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Damn, that's sad and depressing. The character models look nice, they are well written, but this is not for me.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe the main game will change your mind when we release it. Would you mind if I ask what is it that repulses you if its no problem?

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
Sorry to hear that. Maybe the main game will change your mind when we release it. Would you mind if I ask what is it that repulses you if its no problem?
The fact that the only normal character which is portrayed as introverted, smart and well-mannered could not resist the temptations and her own stupidity and let herself be fucked by some piece of shit. I don't like such contradictory characters, who seem nice and innocent on the outside, but are rotten on the inside.

Danyboy

Jul 21, 2017
I can assure everyone that we do not like NTR and we will not include it if the story doesn't absolutely need it.
Since there is no tag, i think you just should put that line in op(because quastions probably will be coming and coming). Your stance on ntr is clear and atm its should be quite annoying that you have to repeat yourself again and again.
Good luck w development.(y)

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
Okay I managed to change MCs name and got the game running, for the feedback I'm not a fan of that navigation it's not that hard or annoying, but I like it better when there is room icons at the bottom to click.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
1)---...if I may suggest it will be good if the player can double-tap on the dream and bring it in the full-screen mode as if MC was completely consumed by his thoughts, but better if it was optional, or just leave it like it is now.---

2)---The dice check is fine (as long as it can be abuse by save scame if you know what I mean :sneaky:) this gives the game some element of randomness and as long if it's not implied in every decision it wouldn't be that frustrating in the future IMO.---

3)---I personally would work more on the roaming part and navigation in general, cuz for me sometimes it was confusing when I tried to go in the certain parts of the house when I can.---

4)---But overall as long as you will be transparent with your patrons and potential patrons - you will be fine.---
Thats a pretty long and well written message so I had to pick the key points I would like to address and once again, thank you so much for your feedback mate. Its very much appreciated.

1) That is a pretty good suggestion. We will surely discuss it with my partner. Honestly, I can't believe we didn't think of it.

2) The dice check will be only active in repeatable contents such as daily events to give them some flavor. We don't want our players to experience same thing over and over again and giving randomness to the repeatables seemed like a good idea. Under no circumstance the diceroll mechanic will interfere with your progress with the main story as well as be a part of critical decisions. Those will be completely under player control. The coffee event where the dice roll happens for example. Imagine this. You are drinking coffee with mom every day and you check her out but fail every time. Succeeding after tons of failed attempts will surely bring a feeling of glory. Also, failing over and over again might lead to a secret event where she gets sick of it and finally confronts you. That systems gives us so many opportunities.

3) We are aware of the navigation issues and we will address that in the full game. We even tried to simplify it with the latest release however completely removing it will need tons of time and resources which we'd like to spend on the main game instead.

4) Transparency is our absolute focus. We'd like our friends here and patreon to know what we are developing and how we are progressing at all times. After all you guys are the reason we can make our games and we'd hate to mistreat you.

Thank you so much again mate o/

LionHeart131

May 23, 2018
How much content is in the demo ? all I've been able to see is the aunt content, Alice tease, raven stuff and lil talk with Nicole -- is that all that's in this demo ? not complaining just curious.

kaken

Oct 12, 2017
How much content is in the demo ? all I've been able to see is the aunt content, Alice tease, raven stuff and lil talk with Nicole -- is that all that's in this demo ? not complaining just curious.
When i unpacked archive.rpa i see more scenes, i try to search them but they are propably not included...

Reactions: LionHeart131

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
That sequence has a system called Dice Roll. When you click on the you try to check her our and a chance check happens in form of dice roll. You can get caught or check her cleavage depending on the dice roll. There is no minigame.
For me this a pointless feature because most players will just rollback and try again if the dice roll fails even if it doesn't have consequences and only change the dialogue.
These will be produced as side projects while we are working on the main game.
Side projects or not, don't you already take time away from the main game in producing them? If they are not canon I'm not interested in them and if they are canon why not include them in the main game should be easy enough as the game is a sandbox.
About the NTR stuff, really we didn't think that dream sequence was a full fledged NTR scene that can cause so much issues but we are not fans of NTR either and we will not include it in our main product other than absolutely necessary story reasons. Even then, we will consider it at least 100 times to find a better narrative first that can support the story just as good. If we simply have to add NTR scenes, we will make them completely optional and add a non-NTR option in the main menu that you can set even before starting a new game.
This will sound harsh so just take it as me being the asshole that I am. If it is a full scene or not doesn't matter to me NTR is NTR additionally I don't like sharing (with other men, also not really a fan of sharing with other women if the MC is not involved in the scene) or swinging so basically I don't want to see a dick in games that don't belong to the MC. Also, you should be aware that avoidable and skippable make a big difference, while I play games with NTR avoidable I don't play when it's just skippable and I can tell you I am not the only one that thinks so. I have seen discussions about avoidable or skippable multiple times.
With this, I may be a bit more on the extreme side but with you not saying that there won't be any NTR in the future I can already say that even if I could financially support the game I won't because of the risk that you produce content that I am not interested in.
Raven. She doesn't have her hymen intact but never had sex before.
:(
She is an introvert for all intents and purposes but with the help of Ruby, she tries to socialize as much as she can.
This didn't really answer the question but what you say about her she should be a virgin because it fits her it may be a cliche but that is one that works.

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
I am wondering if we[the player] can change the mc's name and if there will be repeatable xxx events or will everything be throne into the gallery after you see it once ? :unsure:

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
If we simply have to add NTR scenes, we will make them completely optional and add a non-NTR option in the main menu that you can set even before starting a new game.
I don't think that's a good idea. I think your answer to the NTR topic should be a resounding NO for obvious reasons, but the most important one is that you don't need it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ppl will constantly bitch about not getting enough content and won't support/stop supporting the game. Like I said, just check the Culture Shock and Lord of Imagination threads and judge for yourself if it's worth the headache.

As for ntr it's really strange that now it's like some kind of a trend to add this fetish in the game that was going for a number of months, and it almost common that this change ruins the game for a number of ppl, to name the few "Angel of Innocence" (with the gangbang out of nowhere like the RKO), "Rejected No More" (whit moms bf) and "Foot Of The Mountains 2" (with rape/ntr).
Exactly. The funny part about those specific scenes is that they weren't needed, the devs didn't gain anything by adding them, they only wasted time/resources, lost supporters and received a lot of backlash for it.

I can assure everyone that we do not like NTR and we will not include it if the story doesn't absolutely need it.
You don't need it. The most successful and well-paid projects on Patreon don't have that fetish and they make a shitload of money. Good visuals and a compelling story are the better options if u want to work full-time on the project and also make money.

you should be aware that avoidable and skippable make a big difference, while I play games with NTR avoidable I don't play when it's just skippable and I can tell you I am not the only one that thinks so.
Agreed with that. If u look the other way when an asshole fucks your girl, it doesn't mean it didn't happen, IF u prevent that from happening means it never happened. Most players take this seriously.

I may be a bit more on the extreme side but with you not saying that there won't be any NTR in the future I can already say that even if I could financially support the game I won't because of the risk that you produce content that I am not interested in.
Yeah, 2 big words like "IF" and "maybe" will prevent most ppl from becoming patrons, and that's not smart. It's better to come clean and properly tag your game than adding kinks later and risk loosing supporters and pissing off the current fans. IMO, if you start without NTR, don't add it later, and if the story is NTR focused, don't make an "alpha" path. It's your game, your story, you running the show, but check to see how ppl react to it, you also need money to keep working on the game.

Last edited:

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
For me this a pointless feature because most players will just rollback and try again if the dice roll fails even if it doesn't have consequences and only change the dialogue.

Side projects or not, don't you already take time away from the main game in producing them? If they are not canon I'm not interested in them and if they are canon why not include them in the main game should be easy enough as the game is a sandbox.

This didn't really answer the question but what you say about her she should be a virgin because it fits her it may be a cliche but that is one that works.
Thank you for your reply mate. Its very well put together. We really appreciate this kind of feedback.

Let me start with the dice roll mechanic. We thought it would be a good addition to bring some variations to the repeatable scenes. Like I have stated earlier, you will not see that mechanic in main events and it will not interfere with your decisions and story progressions under no circumstances.

One shot stories won't be canon but will be produced as extra content with their own Ren'Py.exe. They will be completely optional. I can understand the concern about dividing the work force between main game and side content. I can assure you that we are working with schedules. Just as an example(not the real schedule we are working on) but lets say everyday I am spending 5 hours on our projects. I am always dividing it like 4 hours for the main project, 1 hour for the promotional content anyway. So answer to your question is no, it will not take time which we'd be spending on the main game otherwise.

About Alice and her history/personality, I really don't want to talk more about that. You saw her in the demo and read the BIO provided in the main page. Whatever you see there is canon. Whatever you understand from it is entirely upto the reader. Like stated multiple times before, nothing is set in stone yet. Everything is open to change until the main game releases.

When i unpacked archive.rpa i see more scenes, i try to search them but they are propably not included...
Would you please elaborate? I am pretty sure whatever is in the files is used in the demo but there might have been a mistake on our end.(Highly doubt it since we've play-tested it over 100 times)

I am wondering if we[the player] can change the mc's name and if there will be repeatable xxx events or will everything be throne into the gallery after you see it once ? :unsure:
Sadly, there is no name change in the demo but in the upcoming main game you will be able to change it.

Since the main game is planned as a sandbox experience, you will be able to repeat most of the scenes. If its simply not logical to repeat one, you will have an option somewhere in the game that lets you ''dream'' about the experience you've had that one time with the ''X'' person.

Again, thank you so much for caring enough to write this feedback.

As for the NTR subject, to end it once and for all, we have discussed it with my partner and in light of all the recent comments, we have included a disclaimer in our OP. Hope it will be satisfactory to everyone with NTR concerns.

Dirk220

Jan 3, 2018
Nice game, hope we can get a glimpse of the real game soon.
Nice characters and good renders, also your animations look fluid and no ones grinding magically over the ground.
Do I have to address that so called NTR scene?...
Well I'm not a fan of NTR but I played some NTR, NTR avoidable and "there might be something you could maybe consider as NTR" games. It happened before with CNG's "single again". Me personaly wouldnt consider this as NTR as it is an imagination of the MC, so it didn't happen,it was just something he's scared of that could happen.
So he is no different then you lot, he didn't like it,but it's part of the story and you don't have to watch it as it is optional. but still it didn't happen to your girl.
Is that statement enough?
And by the way, if you play something like jealousy and the girls keep falling on other guys dicks, maybe you should reconsider the way you treat the ladies.. Thats what's called life.;)

Last but not least, the soundtrack is awesome.
Thanks for this mini game and keep up the good work

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes