Ren'Py Abandoned The Family Business: Parallel Universe | MiniGame - TechDemo [v1.11 FINAL] [Nemesia Productions]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Nemesia I'm not sure who is cleared to do it, but someone should scrub those malware and traceback comments from the thread since you fixed that issue and you don't want people leaving becuase they read the comments first.

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Nemesia I'm not sure who is cleared to do it, but someone should scrub those malware and traceback comments from the thread since you fixed that issue and you don't want people leaving becuase they read the comments first.
You are absolutely right mate but there are some question marks about that issue in our minds.
First of all, is it even allowed? We don't want to go against any forum rules.
And as the second point, yes, we have had issues about the first release but like you've said we have fixed everything. We are afraid that removing the comments might seem like we are trying to cover something and make us look shady. Thank you so much for your concern. We will discuss this and ask for moderation if necessary.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Hi everyone. We have added a poll to our thread. Would be great if you can spare a couple of seconds to participate.

We have read every comment here and we are aware of the interest in all the characters in our game. Due to the limitations of the demo both time and resource wise, we couldn't give each of them the attention they have deserved.
Because of that, we would like to create one shot short stories with the characters from ''the Family Business'' for you guys. These will be produced as side projects while we are working on the main game. We have decided not to keep you waiting for the main game without new content but we need your help about it. You can select the hero of our first ''One Shot'' via the active poll. After the polls ends there will be a new one regarding the details of the story. Looking forward to see your favorite.

Jun 15, 2017
Wow, Finally got to play this game after waiting for a while and I have to say for a technology demo this is really solid. There are some complaints that I feel are valid but that's the good thing about releasing this demo you can find all the issues and resolve them for the actual game. There are only two issues I can see in the demo and they're both pretty easy to fix which is a good thing. If there was an issue with the writing that would be a big issue but there isn't the only issues are the sandbox navigation needs to be cleaned up a bit and the mc's schlong is too long. One thing I'd like to add to the MC schlong conversation is maybe it has something to do with the MC himself being quite short/small for his age, I'm not saying the schlong isn't to big because it definitely is too long but I think if the mc himself was a bit bigger then proportionally it would look a lot better.

Anyway that's all I have to add, I'm definitely looking forward to you starting to release the actual game. Good shit, keep it up ,and good luck.

P.s. I really loved the dirty talk with Raven, It was super fucking hot.

Reactions: NemesiaProductions

raileg

Feb 14, 2018
5) Sacrifice 3 Chocolate bars, 8 FRIED chicken wings, and a DVD copy of 'Die Hard' (or 'John Wick' part 1).

Remember that the sacrifice is the MOST important part as ALL of this Computer stuff is just MAGIC. :)

Hope that helps.
You've made my day with this. :ROFLMAO:

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Hi Nemesia Just wanted to leave my 2 cents as feedback. Really liked the story beginning, nice models, writing is good (thank GOD not another game with horny minded 13 years old kid stuck in a body of a 20-ish year-old). My only concern and the question for that matter is will it be addressed how the MC "mom" meeting end or it will be fade to black and explain in a short note like the couple times was done before in the game, and will in be an ntr in the future? Only asking this cuz I'm not a fan of this particular fetish (like at all), and would like to know before I get invested in the game (that thought sequence of MC really start me thinking). Regarding wish, you and the team the best and success with the game, keep up the good work.

Reactions: Danyboy

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Hi Nemesia Just wanted to leave my 2 cents as feedback. Really liked the story beginning, nice models, writing is good (thank GOD not another game with horny minded 13 years old kid stuck in a body of a 20-ish year-old). My only concern and the question for that matter is will it be addressed how the MC "mom" meeting end or it will be fade to black and explain in a short note like the couple times was done before in the game, and will in be an ntr in the future? Only asking this cuz I'm not a fan of this particular fetish (like at all), and would like to know before I get invested in the game (that thought sequence of MC really start me thinking). Regarding wish, you and the team the best and success with the game, keep up the good work.
Thank you for your kind words mate. We are glad that you've enjoyed our game. This version was made as a technology demo and all the events you see in it were made specifically for this version to prevent giving you guys any spoiler in the demo phase. Most of the developers just release their intro and tag it as a demo. Afterwards when they release the game, players will haveto play everything they have seen in the demo and know what to expect from the story. We want everything to be a fresh experience for you when we start releasing the main game. Also we wanted to make this version with no necessary ties to the main scenario other than character models and their general personality. Event those can change according to your feedback if the necessary logical reasons were presented.

We may or may not add the same/similar events to the main game. But you can be sure that we are not planning a vague story with tons of holes and skipped bits like you've seen in the demo. Most of the confusion you guys might have regarding the story was actually planned carefully and made that way intentionally. Long story short, we'd like to keep things fresh for the main release.

About the NTR stuff, really we didn't think that dream sequence was a full fledged NTR scene that can cause so much issues but we are not fans of NTR either and we will not include it in our main product other than absolutely necessary story reasons. Even then, we will consider it at least 100 times to find a better narrative first that can support the story just as good. If we simply have to add NTR scenes, we will make them completely optional and add a non-NTR option in the main menu that you can set even before starting a new game.

Since I've said we are not planning a vague story, I should back my claim up with a WIP image.
1613896066768.png
As you can see from the image, we are working extremely carefully when it comes to plot holes and character backgrounds. Aside from the big dick energy going on with the MC, we are really obsessed with realism but that was actually a design decision made by me to make it easier to pose and animate. Meaning, we are paying very close attention to base every action and decision to a logical reason. Hope this answer will be satisfactory. Feel free to ask away if there are any question marks left. Thank you so much again and thank you for your support mate.

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Thank you for your kind words mate. We are glad that you've enjoyed our game. This version was made as a technology demo and all the events you see in it were made specifically for this version to prevent giving you guys any spoiler in the demo phase. Most of the developers just release their intro and tag it as a demo. Afterwards when they release the game, players will haveto play everything they have seen in the demo and know what to expect from the story. We want everything to be a fresh experience for you when we start releasing the main game. Also we wanted to make this version with no necessary ties to the main scenario other than character models and their general personality. Event those can change according to your feedback if the necessary logical reasons were presented.

We may or may not add the same/similar events to the main game. But you can be sure that we are not planning a vague story with tons of holes and skipped bits like you've seen in the demo. Most of the confusion you guys might have regarding the story was actually planned carefully and made that way intentionally. Long story short, we'd like to keep things fresh for the main release.

About the NTR stuff, really we didn't think that dream sequence was a full fledged NTR scene that can cause so much issues but we are not fans of NTR either and we will not include it in our main product other than absolutely necessary story reasons. Even then, we will consider it at least 100 times to find a better narrative first that can support the story just as good. If we simply have to add NTR scenes, we will make them completely optional and add a non-NTR option in the main menu that you can set even before starting a new game.

Since I've said we are not planning a vague story, I should back my claim up with a WIP image.
View attachment 1046860
As you can see from the image, we are working extremely carefully when it comes to plot holes and character backgrounds. Aside from the big dick energy going on with the MC, we are really obsessed with realism but that was actually a design decision made by me to make it easier to pose and animate. Meaning, we are paying very close attention to base every action and decision to a logical reason. Hope this answer will be satisfactory. Feel free to ask away if there are any question marks left. Thank you so much again and thank you for your support mate.
Thanks for taking the time and replying to me. From what I understand with the first release of the game (not the demo) there will be whole new scenes and story beats that are not in a demo, and that's good (although the lewd scene with Raven was great and I hope it will find its way in a final cut so too speak). Also wanted to find out about the reason MC has to come back home, but I presume that it will be revealed in the first release, so that's great. Also really like the relationship between MC and the ppl he surrounded (no bitchy "sis" or something like that). The highlight for me was the relationship between MC and Raven (and "mom" of course).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Still, whit all that been said thanks again for your time and reply. Really would be looking forward to new updates

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
Hi, is this tech demo going to get a version where we can choose MCs name or is it going to happen only in the main game?

Even then, we will consider it at least 100 times to find a better narrative first that can support the story just as good. If we simply have to add NTR scenes, we will make them completely optional and add a non-NTR option
If you "had" to add ntr and you still can make non-ntr option there is no need to add ntr.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Hi, is this tech demo going to get a version where we can choose MCs name or is it going to happen only in the main game?

If you "had" to add ntr and you still can make non-ntr option there is no need to add ntr.
Hi. We will sadly keep the demo names as it is however after reading comments like yours in the thread regarding the name change we will add an option to change MC name in the main game with Alex as default.

About the NTR stuff, we can pretty much do what we did for the demo. Instead of showing the NTR part, just describe it as simple as possible. In the latest version of our game, if you choose the non-NTR option, ''Imagines Nicole/Mom drunk and flirting with the men at the table'' text appears instead of mild NTR dream sequence. Then again, we will not add these kind of stuff if it is avoidable.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
I'm tempted to try it since I see at least one girl wearing white knee socks - but... I'd be willing to bet those socks don't stay on during sex :(
May I suggest a good source for some images of the girl with white knee socks and tons of additional content package we have created as an apology for the bad start we had? You can get the package filled with special content including WIP images, posters, wallpapers and a magazine there. As an apology to all of our friends here in F95 forum, that package is open to everyone even if they are not our supporter on Patreon. Hope you enjoy it mate. o/

Reactions: JagHond

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
Hi. We will sadly keep the demo names as it is however after reading comments like yours in the thread regarding the name change we will add an option to change MC name in the main game with Alex as default.

About the NTR stuff, we can pretty much do what we did for the demo. Instead of showing the NTR part, just describe it as simple as possible. In the latest version of our game, if you choose the non-NTR option, ''Imagines Nicole/Mom drunk and flirting with the men at the table'' text appears instead of mild NTR dream sequence. Then again, we will not add these kind of stuff if it is avoidable.
OK, thank you for answering. Damn this looks interesting and I really wanted to try it, but I don't play games where I can't choose the MC's name. I used unren to decompile rpyc files so I could change the name myself but game doesn' start anymore. Deleting the rpy files I can open the game but can't use my chosen name. Does someone smarter know how to proceed?
ps after checking game images I don't think that scene was ntr, I don't like that sort of contet so your idea to mildly descripe it rather than show it is good.

Leliana

Apr 23, 2018
Honestly in divinity all you need to do is abuse adrenaline skingraft, and chameleon cloak the game has a overall damage meta and with cloak you can delay your turn for double turn with double adrenaline and invis with skingraft, neco is easily the most broken class in the game abusing corpse explosion and grasp the fact are PCS haven't caught on to this is absolutely ridiculous!

Reactions: NemesiaProductions

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
great update. looking forward to new updates.
Thank you so much mate. Glad you've enjoyed it.

That part was added to try a mechanic. In the demo there is really no difference between two choices except big sisters reaction. We could add a different dress and rendered an optional scene for it but really we saw no benefit on wasting time and resources on that. Also we really don't know what happened when the big sister went in to help mom. Maybe they have decided on that outfit while she was helping with her hair and makeup. Maybe thats the outfit mom designed or maybe it is the revealing outfit. Alex wouldn't know the difference anyway and that wasn't discussed afterwards.

But making that scene allowed us to test how different choices can react with characters and notifications so it served its purpose.

Nemesia Great start of the project. Looking forward to seeing where the story leads.
Thank you mate. Its always great to read your kind comments and very well put together feedbacks filled with constructive criticism. Those kind of stuff will really help us make the main game better.

That dream sequence was designed for two reasons. One, to enhance narrative to make you guys understand how easily Kiera get into MC's head and manipulate him to think even the most unthinkable things and to test the dream sequence mechanic. That cloudy display in which we show what the MC thinks at that moment. There are some other thing we've tried like splitting the screen and showing the messages instead of pulling phone in front of the camera or simply give the text messages as dialogues. We actually want feedback on those decisions since they will either be in the main game or we'll have to find other solutions for that part. Instead everyone got stuck on the content of the dream sequence. While understanding the concern behind it, I can assure everyone that we do not like NTR and we will not include it if the story doesn't absolutely need it. To be honest I really think that it works well for that particular scene and enhances the emotion I was trying to convey there. While we can make it disappear if needed by a simple question prior to it like we did with our hotfix, we will still vaguely describe it with zero details. Because there is a story before and after it that really feeds from that idea of Mom not being good at controlling hes alcohol and might get drunk. We wanted the MC to feel a slight regret after letting mom go out like that. Your idea really makes sense tho. Mom reassuring the MC after coming back would be the ideal scenario yet we didn't have anything planned after she leaves the house and ultimately MC stays alone with Lil Sis. Like I've stated earlier, this is called Parallel Universe for a reason. No connections whatsoever to the main game except general concept, character models and personalities.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes