3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

lesbiaN7ncest

Jun 8, 2017
@DreamHealer

Your responses only prove that you aren't even really reading what I'm saying and miss the point entirely. How many times to I have to repeat myself and yet word things slightly differently to get my points across? Because they all just seem to fly completely over your head judging from your responses. You slam me for repeating myself, but you miss the point entirely every single time I do and keep throwing back the same non-answers back in defense of this game. My personal tastes are irrelevant, this game is just technically awful. Nobody in it acts like a real human being, nothing really happens, there is no real story, real character or any remotely logical circumstances. You can spout all you like about how popular it is, but so were most of the Michael Bay Transformers movies when it came to making money. That doesn't mean its a quality product.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
According to the - Release on February 14, 2018.
Well it's like 2 weeks not 31 January :)

U

User_215882

@DreamHealer

Your responses only prove that you aren't even really reading what I'm saying and miss the point entirely. How many times to I have to repeat myself and yet word things slightly differently to get my points across? Because they all just seem to fly completely over your head judging from your responses. You slam me for repeating myself, but you miss the point entirely every single time I do and keep throwing back the same non-answers back in defense of this game. My personal tastes are irrelevant, this game is just technically awful. Nobody in it acts like a real human being, nothing really happens, there is no real story, real character or any remotely logical circumstances. You can spout all you like about how popular it is, but so were most of the Michael Bay Transformers movies when it came to making money. That doesn't mean its a quality product.
And how many times do people need to tell you it's a proof of concept? I'm sure you're a smart fella, but this is a demo not a chapter one. Aorrta is showing players that he can deliver on the things people are willing to pay for? How many of these games do you pledge to? How many do you see get abandon cause they fail to deliver on what the consumer wants. Theres only two that I have followed where the dev makes it a point to tell you it's a story driven game and so far they are doing ok.

Reactions: DreamHealer

lesbiaN7ncest

Jun 8, 2017
@Tommybuns

If Aorrta is "showing players that he can deliver on the things people are willing to pay for" then all he is showing is pretty renders, high quality production values and great visual presentation. Or at least that's the only positive things he is showing.

You (and others) keep harping on about this being a "demo" and "proof of concept" and the like, but again you miss the point, and ironically it's a point that is directly deep-rooted in your own claims: if this is a demo it is supposed to be a representation of what the game is supposed to be. So even if it isn't the final product or even a slice of what the final product will be exactly, it is still intended to overall give a taster and put across the overall style and form the actual product will take. You guys keep saying this as an excuse to defend Family Secret, but this is the very thing that damns it. Because if this is true then all it's telling us is that this is a very pretty but ultimately shallow product devoid of character, logic, likeable characters, realism, decent pacing or any real storytelling at all.

You can't defend a product in this way, claiming that it's a demo and proof of concept of what the developer can do, and then only focus on the positive aspects of said demo. The whole point of a demo that is a "proof of concept that shows what the developer can do" is to show us what the developer can do when it comes to every facet. If Aorrta just wanted to show he can do pretty renders, scene transitions and give it a professional look then he'd have been better off either waiting until he had decent content to begin with to illustrate it or just showed a string of moments in a non-interactive demo where it was clear that all it was were a bunch of concept sex scenes. As it stands he looks like a very accomplished artist/renderer with some competent directing skills, but abysmal-to-non-existent writing, pacing and characterization ones.

Sure, it's a proof of concept. It proves the game can be visually stunning. Where's the proof of good writing? Where's the proof of good pacing? Where's the proof of good character? Where's the proof of anything even remotely substantial content wise?

U

User_215882

Dude everything you posted is something that you want and could get once he pushes out the first update. This isn't something new when it comes to demos. Just because it doesn't show anything that's important for you doesn't mean its not important for people willing to throw money to a person. So far we know that he is smart enough to prep for patreon. So far we know he can make great renders. So far he is good at polishing a game. We don't know how he is going to develop the characters, but we will once the update comes. So calm your tits dude.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
No game in a early version can really prove its worth in the long run. It's like judge a book by its cover rather than the content. We seen games that start out great and end in total disaster even abandoned, and we seen games start out medicore to bad and pick up phase and gain momentum.

Majority of those that start make adult games of this nature, doesn't do it to become rich, even some can claim Patreon funds is all its about. The expectations some players/people seem to have is just not realistic looking at where most of these indy devs come from. For many of them its a learning process, shower them in a shitstorm is not really a good way to nurture creativity and progress.

Opinions is like assholes, we all got one and they do smell! Still...

Complain about games seems so futile. Its like force yourself sit fap to bbw's and similar when your preference skinny girls. Settle with whatever tickle your fancy and have a good time :p

AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017
Oh wow, this debate isn't done yet? How about we agree to disagree and see where the actual first episode takes us. This is literally going in circles.

brimdonicus

Aug 2, 2017
i see the animation tag, but havent seen any in the episode. soooo im assuming the animations will be coming later on?

lesbiaN7ncest

Jun 8, 2017
Dude everything you posted is something that you want and could get once he pushes out the first update. This isn't something new when it comes to demos. Just because it doesn't show anything that's important for you doesn't mean its not important for people willing to throw money to a person.
Which would all be well and good if he didn't show these aspects at all (like I suggested), but the fact is he did. And all of them were terrible. He tried to string together a bunch of nonsensical moments involving a bunch of mindless illogical pawns and pass them off as story and characters respectively. The only reason he's getting away with it is because his visuals are so impressive. If he had even average-looking renders and transitions on-par with most other games this product would be crucified, and rightly so.

DreamHealer

Aug 27, 2016
@lesbiaN7ncest

You (and others) keep harping on about this being a "demo" and "proof of concept" and the like, but again you miss the point, and ironically it's a point that is directly deep-rooted in your own claims: if this is a demo it is supposed to be a representation of what the game is supposed to be. So even if it isn't the final product or even a slice of what the final product will be exactly, it is still intended to overall give a taster and put across the overall style and form the actual product will take. You guys keep saying this as an excuse to defend Family Secret, but this is the very thing that damns it. Because if this is true then all it's telling us is that this is a very pretty but ultimately shallow product devoid of character, logic, likeable characters, realism, decent pacing or any real storytelling at all.
If anyone is harping it is you with your obsession with characters,pacing and story.I've already told you that all those things you look for in the first release is not mandatory and that the first release,let alone 5 min demo cannot indicate how will game look in further updates.

You can't defend a product in this way, claiming that it's a demo and proof of concept of what the developer can do, and then only focus on the positive aspects of said demo. The whole point of a demo that is a "proof of concept that shows what the developer can do" is to show us what the developer can do when it comes to every facet. If Aorrta just wanted to show he can do pretty renders, scene transitions and give it a professional look then he'd have been better off either waiting until he had decent content to begin with to illustrate it or just showed a string of moments in a non-interactive demo where it was clear that all it was were a bunch of concept sex scenes. As it stands he looks like a very accomplished artist/renderer with some competent directing skills, but abysmal-to-non-existent writing, pacing and characterization ones.
Aorrta focused on visual aspect and 136 people decided that for now he did a good job in this demo and Xmas special so your claim that he has to show every facet doesn't resonates with them.
Since this game will have non-linear story did it ever occur to you that choices you have on a plane maybe aren't just for show and that depending on which one you chose they could possibly have influence on how will story develop?

Which would all be well and good if he didn't show these aspects at all (like I suggested), but the fact is he did. And all of them were terrible. He tried to string together a bunch of nonsensical moments involving a bunch of mindless illogical pawns and pass them off as story and characters respectively. The only reason he's getting away with it is because his visuals are so impressive. If he had even average-looking renders and transitions on-par with most other games this product would be crucified, and rightly so.
Those aspects he showed is what drew attention to his game and if they are terrible to you they aren't terrible for his 136 patrons and 487 people who liked this thread.

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
@lesbiaN7ncest

If anyone is harping it is you with your obsession with characters,pacing and story.I've already told you that all those things you look for in the first release is not mandatory and that the first release,let alone 5 min demo cannot indicate how will game look in further updates.

Aorrta focused on visual aspect and 136 people decided that for now he did a good job in this demo and Xmas special so your claim that he has to show every facet doesn't resonates with them.
Since this game will have non-linear story did it ever occur to you that choices you have on a plane maybe aren't just for show and that depending on which one you chose they could possibly have influence on how will story develop?

Those aspects he showed is what drew attention to his game and if they are terrible to you they aren't terrible for his 136 patrons and 487 people who liked this thread.
BB, a wife and mother, view of family, man of the house...etc are all about incest and they all respect the releases dates and they are all out. Aorrta promised the next update on January 31st, but he came on the last day to pretext some issues with patreon and that was a big lie. he could say the truth that he didn't work enough to keep his promise . now the matter is not about the game quality as it is about the big lack of seriousness. and when you are not serious and when you show disrespect to people who trust you, you can't build any good game. the future will proof what I am saying

erhnam

Dec 14, 2017
Also tried a different computer with the same result.
Cant find the solution with the help of Google.
Anyone here that might have an idea?

Hi
Im getting "Could not execute \lib\windows-686\familysecret.exe. Is it missing"
Im not executing from a zipfile.
Tried to put that .exe file there but it resulted in the same message but with double "\\" in the searchpath.
I tried to install the c++ as suggested in a different thread. I tried disable the antivirus. I change the language to english in windows and restarted to change the path to user\appdata.
I have "dreams of desire" which also is a renpy an its working fine.
Im out of ideas now. Anyone?

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes