grahegri

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TheFamilySin-0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
DARK MODE Mod

I put together a few minor adjustments for this title (mods and a few visual changes).

The_Family_Sin_AdjustmentMOD_1.zip

• Changed the default textbox, to a custom dark bottom shaded version...which aids with viewing the dialog text without blocking any of the background image content.
  • Changed the default game menu (overlay) to a darker choice (easier to see the settings).
  • Changed the default white frame.png, namebox.png, notify.png, skip.png, nvl.png inside the gui folder to a darker format. (more visually pleasing)
  • Edited and changed the default font style and color from black to white (Edited the gui.rpy file).

The_Family_Sin_AdjustmentMOD_2.zip

• Included the 0x52_URM tool, which allows a user to view as well edit Ren'Py titles (Use ALT M to open the URM search feature). As well this tool can be used to see some data behind the story choices. And this tool can be used to display requirement checks as they happen in the story.
  • Also included a Universal Quick Menu mod which hide's the quick menu and other screen items associated with the quick menu...by pressing your Q key. (Used to help clean up the dialog area, as well the ability to bring back the quick menu items with a single key stroke.)
  • Included the Universal Choice Descriptor mod, which can display on screen some hidden data that is behind some of the story choices, which can offer points and other game info. (It's not a walk through, but can still provide some additional choice info.)

Install:
  • The_Family_Sin_AdjustmentMOD_1.zip (This file has the green visual changes mentioned above.)
  • The_Family_Sin_AdjustmentMOD_2.zip (This file has all the blue mods mentioned above.)
Just extract and merge each game folder with this titles game folder. (Over write when prompted) Then run your game exe, and enjoy the few minor screen adjustments and third party mods.

(Note, this compilation of mods and changes in most cases will not need any future updates, provided that no future drastic changes will be done to the scripting of this project.)

Regards.

Example images of the new default textbox and hidden quick menu mod, and other changes...

Last edited:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
The Family Sin [v0.2] [Dr Games] - Compressed

Win/Linux [244 MB]
- - - -

Mac [229 MB]
- - - -

Exol

Mar 29, 2021
Looks good. I'll give this a shot when its a bit further in the development stage

M0narh

May 20, 2024
Project Y

1.png
I've chosen other relationships.

ka"(Breaking into my tenant's room like this.)"

probably should be:
ka"(Breaking into my [MBoN]'s room like this.)"

Reactions: Project Y

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Is anyone else getting a lot of bon errors? Or am I just the lucky one?

Scooter_Tramp

Dec 23, 2022
The only thing worse than dark textboxes are non-english speakers fucking up pronouns...
My wife is Asian and she often tells me "he" said this or "she" said that and I have no clue who she is talking about, just making her angry in the end., cause I got no clue... Perhaps siya, pronounced shaw means either/or...

Last edited:
Reactions: Beavis & Butthead
May 7, 2024
If Patreon prohibits incest, why can't the developers give the player the opportunity to change the relationship between characters at the beginning of the game? :unsure: ..."No milfs..no game"..not interesting.;)
Better still just use some other platform and then there's no need to censor anything. A lot of people these days won't give shit to anyone on Patreon because of their stupid policies, but apparently still not enough since there's devs still either rolling the dice with them (and probably losing sooner or later) or making boring shit that's not much different than 5000 other boring shits so isn't worth subbing to anyway.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I see incest+harem, I come looking at the game... But this one's kinda rough.

Major issues I've noticed: Very abrupt transitions, somewhat stilted language throughout, occasional pronoun fuckups that sound like they were worse before 0.2, but most importantly, there are no variables tracking choices. Just points, and those points (1) aren't what the game claims they are; (2) don't track what they mean to track; and (3) don't even track those spots where the GAME LIES AND TELLS YOU that they're major important story choices.

First the easy things.

NAMES:

I didn't even notice many "wrong speaker" name fuckups, which is good, but there are still several things I did notice, enough to pull me out of the story when they happened.
  • The MC referred to as "Juan" in plaintext
    "[moN] laughs disdainfully, then looks Juan straight in the eyes."
  • Vesna referred to as "Julia" in plaintext
    mc"But since you still don't know how to masturbate, you'll ask Julia for help."
  • Katia referred to as "ella" (in lower case) in plaintext
    mc"(Damn ....ella is really enjoying it)"
  • Relationship variable missed, as mentioned above
    ka"(Breaking into my tenant's room like this.)"
  • Karen's speaker var has the name in lowercase as "karen" (note: Katia's does, too, but since it gets overwritten when choosing a name, it doesn't matter)
    define k = Character("karen", color="#FFFFFF")
CHOICES:

There are MANY path choices that say they're important, but don't actually have any variables tracking them.

While playing, several choices show "+Corruption", "+Authority", "+Love", and "+Lust"... But of those? Exactly TWO things are tracked. Katia +Lust (with the M_corruption variable, which does not track +Corruption), and Lily +Lust (with the ly_corruption variable, which does not track +Corruption).

That's it.

Every single choice that says "+Love" does not track anything. Every single choice that says "+Authority" does not track anything. Mostly, the choices that say "+Corruption" also don't track anything. Occasionally, the +Love choices may also coincide with NOT gaining a point in M_corruption or ly_corruption, but not very often.

This makes choice tracking completely useless and non-functional in this game. The two corruption variables that DO exist are used exclusively to gatekeep lewd scene choices for Katia and Lily. That's it.

Since most of these choices also represent different information or commands given to hypnotized girls or gained by the MC, these choices SHOULD be making the MC or the girls behave differently in the future, but they can't, since the choices aren't being tracked by variables.

Here's an example: after studying with Lily in Ch2, this line of dialogue comes up in relation to Victoria:
mc"All Joe said when I sent him the photo was..."
This line of dialogue always fires, no matter what choice you made when hypnotizing Victoria. The issue with that is that the MC only TAKES the photo if you chose the darkpath/corruption choice for Victoria... Which the game cannot know about, because that choice CHANGES NO VARIABLES.

That's the point at which I closed the game, because the game and dev are not respecting my time (since I will have to spend extra time restarting the game or re-making these choices in the future once the dev fixes the problem).

So fundamentally, the dev has rendered almost all of the choices in the game meaningless other than to deny Katia/Lily scenes to people who aren't choosing the creepiest choices for them.

CONCLUSION:

The game has potential, and the girls are attractive... But this variable issue needs to be fixed AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The only solutions here are to re-capture these choices via variables in either a restart or questionnaire.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes