Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
By the rules, as long as there is even one choice the kinetic tag does not apply.
Of course, I understand that there are not a lot of them now, but there will be more in the future.

I do not control the tags anyways, the uploaders/mods do.

For a more thorough explanation on that subject, I made a post some time ago, here.
That's simply misleading. If there are just a couple of choices that leads to different paths that's still a kinetic novel.
And this game has no choices that affect the game in any way.

Reactions: myst0501

Shaun@121

Aug 11, 2021
The Fiery Scion [Update 2b] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 732mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Any other link

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Sorry, I missed your post.

First one is because the sun is not fully raised yet. I could have done better, I agree. I intend the dark scene to actually be dark, I don't like the "hollywood nights", you know, the full lighting with a blue filter over it.
Lightning is difficult, I try to improve but... It should get better as I got along.

Second, the blue thing is the sea. I agree, it doesn't look that good, I will remake it in the future. Probably use a different setting for the water.

The third one is actually not a void, but the grey sky...who look like a void I agree. The map I used for that scene is not the best and the angles of the ground incline are quite jagged, which combined with the rather monotone sky give that impression. It's difficult to find good outside terrain for HS, and I reserve the best ones for the more important scene, or the terrain around Wildale which will come back often.

I intend to remake some scenes in the future, but very slowly, the priority for me is to get content out for those who are already fans. But I will keep it mind your remarks.

Anyways, I actually appreciate your constructive criticism, and your praise, thank you.
Thank you for clarifying.

While hollywood nights are a little annoying in how "unrealistic" they are.
they are a necessary compromise so that the viewer actually sees what is going on in the scene. looking at a bunch of dark screens where I can't see anything isn't really fun.

Also, IRL humans have night vision. A rendered dark scene does not properly replicate human night vision, as well as the ability to massively adjust how much light they need to see full color. So it is not even actually "realistic"

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
Thank you for clarifying.

While hollywood nights are a little annoying in how "unrealistic" they are.
they are a necessary compromise so that the viewer actually sees what is going on in the scene. looking at a bunch of dark screens where I can't see anything isn't really fun.

Also, IRL humans have night vision. A rendered dark scene does not properly replicate human night vision, as well as the ability to massively adjust how much light they need to see full color. So it is not even actually "realistic"
Agreed. These are way too dark. Also, nights during a full moon aren't so dark.

Reactions: Vanderer and mrttao

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Vanderer "So most women who are taken will not be romanceable, with some notable exceptions." We all hope that this exception will be Liliana :love:
I can't answer...you will have to see for yourself. I know, I am a tease.

maybe i'm being mmm, petty, but how is he going to make lots of babies if there is no pregnancy?
It is indicated in "genre" as a major theme of the game, in the future.

Simply put, the rule of this forum is that until a fetish is actually present in the game, the tag is not added. Since there is a little more than a week in-game since the story started, none of the women are pregnant...but it will happens, believe me. :D

That's simply misleading. If there are just a couple of choices that leads to different paths that's still a kinetic novel.
I understand, but you should address your complaints to the mods. I do not make the rules nor, again, control the tags applied to the game.

Agreed. These are way too dark. Also, nights during a full moon aren't so dark.
I understand, I already decided that I will make it more visible next time, though the game will always be a little bit dark at night or underground.

But just to be contrarian for the sake of it, a moonless night can be very dark and the sky was cloudy. Source: Me, who stumbled on the root of a tree at night and broke my nose. :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 2030943

Feb 16, 2020
I understand, I already decided that I will make it more visible next time, though the game will always be a little bit dark at night or underground.

But just to be contrarian for the sake of it, a moonless night can be very dark and the sky was cloudy. Source: Me, who stumbled on the root of a tree at night and broke my nose. :D
Heh, yeah. Also, if it's not supposed to be Earth you could give the planet 2 moons, or use things like bioluminescent plants outside or caves with phosphorescent crystals etc... Just food for thought.

Really enjoying the story though and I like that it's got a bit of background lore to it.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Heh, yeah. Also, if it's not supposed to be Earth you could give the planet 2 moons, or use things like bioluminescent plants outside or caves with phosphorescent crystals etc... Just food for thought.

Really enjoying the story though and I like that it's got a bit of background lore to it.
To be honest, the original world I created had three moons. But I decided to change that in the VN so I can use the standard dome used as skies that some very nice modders put at the disposal of guys like me who are not the best at creating assets. And it saves time. Compromises. ;)

I think I will go towards more of the "Hollywood night", the blue filter, probably still a little darker than the actual movies though where it is nearly as bright as day. But yeah, I was having a look at the game itself and it's true that some of the renders are too dark. Perhaps have the MC use his light spell a little more often too...when it makes sense story-wise at least.

It's just...lighting is the hardest part of making renders, ask any dev. I am starting to get better at it, but it's my first game and I have no background in photography or things like that. I do learn about it though, look into some tutorials, it should improve in the future.

And I appreciate your comment on the lore and the story, thank you very much.

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
... none of the women are pregnant... :D
Rycharde (MC) has been humping anything that is willing ever since leaving the tower, so to say no one is prego is laughable at best. ;)

Now, to the main reason I began this post...

Mislabeled dialogues:

Rycharde (MC) --> Aoife
screenshot0069.png

Sariel --> Sarah
screenshot0079.png screenshot0080.png

Karla --> Monica
screenshot0083.png screenshot0084.png

Reactions: Vanderer

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Rycharde (MC) has been humping anything that is willing ever since leaving the tower, so to say no one is prego is laughable at best. ;)
Who knows...sometimes it takes months, sometimes once is enough. Let's say none of them had any symptoms yet...

And thanks for the report, I appreciate it. Fixed.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Choices which lead to different paths explicitly make the game not a kinetic novel anymore. If you disagree with the definition, take it up with F95 staff, since they're the ones who define it that way in the tag list.

Reactions: Vanderer

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
To be honest, the original world I created had three moons. But I decided to change that in the VN so I can use the standard dome used as skies that some very nice modders put at the disposal of guys like me who are not the best at creating assets. And it saves time. Compromises. ;)

I think I will go towards more of the "Hollywood night", the blue filter, probably still a little darker than the actual movies though where it is nearly as bright as day. But yeah, I was having a look at the game itself and it's true that some of the renders are too dark. Perhaps have the MC use his light spell a little more often too...when it makes sense story-wise at least.

It's just...lighting is the hardest part of making renders, ask any dev. I am starting to get better at it, but it's my first game and I have no background in photography or things like that. I do learn about it though, look into some tutorials, it should improve in the future.

And I appreciate your comment on the lore and the story, thank you very much.
Oh. NOT having a bunch of planets and moons around just to say 'not earth' is JUST FINE. To many devs; games, movies, whatever the FUCK, just slap a bunch of planets in the sky. In impossible positions. Cause they're in violation of the Roche Limit, which means their tidal forces WILL be tearing each other apart. Leaving you with an asteroid belt.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
I've seen better looking renders.. thought it was kinda crudely put together at the beginning... BUT then the more I played it.. the more 'in depth' it got.. the more it grew on me. As I continued the game and saw how much thought was put into it.. I have to admit it jumped from a 4 or 5 to at least a 7 out of 10.. When I finally reached the end of what we have so far I can truly say I was saddened.. I wanted more.. Can't wait to see what Vander... Vanderer? brings to the table next.. Definitely got a fan in me.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Screenshot_2022-12-01_140701.jpg
Screenshot_2022-12-01_140701.jpg

If "thick thighs save lives", then this bitch is my first choice for a bodyguard. Vanderer , what is her name and when can we have her warming our ears with her meaty legs?

Reactions: mrttao
4.40 star(s) 48 Votes