Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The latest update is out on Patreon.
Playing it now and i am reminded of something i said a while ago but i want to take it a step further.

So, Athagan, i just want to make it clear, you can tell whatever story you want and i have no power over you, nor would i want to, but all the same, Athagan is off limits. I feared he was going to die early on as a cliche way to up the narrative stakes and to thrust the MC up to lord of the town but thankfully you subverted that and it's been wonderful to have him around, it's refreshing to have the father figure continue to be part of the story of the hero. But, that doesn't mean he's not at risk later on, so i'm putting my foot down, no killing Athagan! I will fight you if you try to kill him off...

:p

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Playing it now and i am reminded of something i said a while ago but i want to take it a step further.

So, Athagan, i just want to make it clear, you can tell whatever story you want and i have no power over you, nor would i want to, but all the same, Athagan is off limits. I feared he was going to die early on as a cliche way to up the narrative stakes and to thrust the MC up to lord of the town but thankfully you subverted that and it's been wonderful to have him around, it's refreshing to have the father figure continue to be part of the story of the hero. But, that doesn't mean he's not at risk later on, so i'm putting my foot down, no killing Athagan! I will fight you if you try to kill him off...

although its never been said that athangan "will" die ,it was insinuated heavily though mentions off how Liliana might become part off the harem(but we've had this conversation before if i remember correctly)

personally i hope the part off the prophecy(?) that the dryad gave about misfortune and pain will be centred around his death and non off the gals

TFS is well written and when athanga does die, i hope we can say "it was a good death"- Katsumoto

1728634223662.gif

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023

I don't think we will have to worry about Athagan, killing him would put our MC into the roll of the leader, and he would be required to do all that administrative stuff. That would really limit his and his party to do quests and adventures.

Our MC is the "Hand of Athagan" so to speak, And I feel it will be the MC and his party to lift the curse (eventually), and let us not forget we need the MC to kill a demon lord (or something equivalent) to get a certain feisty warrior woman into the harem. :)

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
although its never been said that athangan "will" die ,it was insinuated heavily though mentions off how Liliana might become part off the harem(but we've had this conversation before if i remember correctly)

personally i hope the part off the prophecy(?) that the dryad gave about misfortune and pain will be centred around his death and non off the gals

TFS is well written and when athanga does die, i hope we can say "it was a good death"- Katsumoto

View attachment 4121376
I would love to avert it and keep father alive.

e6mill

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2022
It would technically not be incest since she is not his real mom. She is the wife of the man who adopted the MC.
The game is very careful not to call him her son or Maria her granddaughter. SHE had nothing to do with his adoption, that was all Athagan. I imagine in a society where harems are the norm they are used to keeping someone's dad's wife and that someone's mom distinct.

Reactions: Ramagar

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
It would technically not be incest since she is not his real mom. She is the wife of the man who adopted the MC.
which makes her the step-mom ,which these days is also considered incest(at least by most ToS like patreon etc.)

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
In their world it doesn't. She's dad's wife - nothing more, nothing less.
in the TFS setting it might hold no meaning but for Shareholders of subscriber sites like patreon it matters little how "normal" it is in the story narritive.
because they adhere to their personal morals ,value's & judgement ,which points back to what i said before the wife off your adoptive father is your step mother. therefor if you have intimate relations with said women it would be considered incest.
so please do never start a "This needs incest tag" in this thread or others because i could cause problems for dev's.

personally i couldn't care less about incest even in RL ,natural selection will do its thing with blood relatives.
aside from that i so no real issue with it. aside for it be cuck behaviour if the father still in the picture.

Xathras

Feb 3, 2020
Going through the new update and a question came to mind that isn't really related to the update, so no spoilers.

The Curse, does it affect all life or just the sentient races in this setting?

(Sorry if it's been asked before, I did do a brief search of the thread but didn't see anything that looked like it covered this question.)

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
in the TFS setting it might hold no meaning but for Shareholders of subscriber sites like patreon it matters little how "normal" it is in the story narritive.
because they adhere to their personal morals ,value's & judgement ,which points back to what i said before the wife off your adoptive father is your step mother. therefor if you have intimate relations with said women it would be considered incest.
so please do never start a "This needs incest tag" in this thread or others because i could cause problems for dev's.

personally i couldn't care less about incest even in RL ,natural selection will do its thing with blood relatives.
aside from that i so no real issue with it. aside for it be cuck behaviour if the father still in the picture.
The game has never once referred to her as his step mom. You're saying she's his step mom, the game isn't.
Besides that if Athagan dies then she wouldn't be his step mom anymore even by personal interpretations. I'm not saying that will fly with the trust and safety team, but there's little reason to automatically assume it wouldn't. That aside there's no way they actually play every game that they ban. Since the dialogue never refers to her as MC's step mom, and it's unlikely they'll engage in any sex content while Athagan is still alive there's not going to be any spicy screenshots to tip them off. The only reasonable way Vander would get in trouble for this is if we keep arguing over whether it's incest or not and trigger an investigation into the game, because we already know that Patreon trolls these forums to look for proof of incest. So maybe we should stop the clown show and drop this discussion instead of doing all of trust and safety's work and potentially sabotaging this game.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
The game has never once referred to her as his step mom. You're saying she's his step mom, the game isn't.
She is the wife of the man who ADOPTS you who is EXPLICITLY not your biological father.
That makers her your stepmom.
It does not need to explicitly SAY the word "stepmom".
Besides that if Athagan dies then she wouldn't be his step mom anymore even by personal interpretations.
This isn't how it works

Reactions: Eunoian

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Whatever anyone thinks about the subject, the only thing that matters is what the P-Zone thinks about the subject, so all the "Yes it is | No it isn't" talk doesn't really help, it just gives more fuel for the overlords to add to their "evidence" when they go on their next hunt ...

Reactions: kMimster

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Whatever anyone thinks about the subject, the only thing that matters is what the P-Zone thinks about the subject, so all the "Yes it is | No it isn't" talk doesn't really help, it just gives more fuel for the overlords to add to their "evidence" when they go on their next hunt ...
Based on everything, i think Patreon etc... are going by the definition that if you're family, it's incest, even if you're not blood related. Since that is one definition of the word incest, doesn't, require blood relation for it to be.

Reactions: harem.king

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Surely Avila alone would already be considered incest then wouldn't it.
There is some slight wiggle room in it, for example if you weren't family at the start of the story etc... Also while Athagan does adopt MC as his son, it's more closer to the old way of how noble families adopted sons from cadet families or lesser noble families if they lacked their own suitable heir.

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes