dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
On fertile days is it a flat 1 in 5 chance. That doesn't seem too low to me. Normal days it is 1 in 20 and safe days it is 1 in 100.
Maybe double check your code? It might be a small coding error that's actually making it 1/6 on fertile days, for example. 'Off by one' coding errors tend to slip in everywhere.
Either way, it sounds like a lot of people are asking for an even more fertile Sammy. Perhaps 1/50 safe -> 1/10 normal -> 1/3 dangerous chances?
Like I said earlier, you could add an in-game item (with a moderate cost) that has increase in fertility effect?

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
I had a look and can't see anything that should be causing issues. I will post the relevant code below because maybe I am blind. But also testing by putting the command player.sex_cum(simon,"inside") in the console seemed to match up with the 1 in 5 chances on danger days. So unless there are some other factors I am unaware of, I don't know what to say.

On the topic of increased fertility, some time ago in this thread we had a discussion about if I would be adding perks to the game, and at the time I was unsure if they would ever be included. Since then I have added things like the desire to have a baby or the whore/slut effects. And more recently while doing the endings for Haven, a new effect was needed for one of the branches that permanently effects Sammy. These are all, in effect, perks.

So I have made the decision that perks will be embraced and included in the game, and with that decision you can eventually expect something along the lines of a fertility perk.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
on god hahahahahah, i remember that i couldn't get her pregnant during fertile days even during that part on haven where sammy acts sus and gets stuck on the vent and gets railed by 5 different dudes in line
Currently pregnancy is not worth. It just blocks your only one possibility to get sex.

Reactions: AlexDark1027

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
I had a look and can't see anything that should be causing issues. I will post the relevant code below because maybe I am blind. But also testing by putting the command player.sex_cum(simon,"inside") in the console seemed to match up with the 1 in 5 chances on danger days. So unless there are some other factors I am unaware of, I don't know what to say.

On the topic of increased fertility, some time ago in this thread we had a discussion about if I would be adding perks to the game, and at the time I was unsure if they would ever be included. Since then I have added things like the desire to have a baby or the whore/slut effects. And more recently while doing the endings for Haven, a new effect was needed for one of the branches that permanently effects Sammy. These are all, in effect, perks.

So I have made the decision that perks will be embraced and included in the game, and with that decision you can eventually expect something along the lines of a fertility perk.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I like the perk tree. I personally would have implemented it with a purchased item or surgery effect, but this is great, too.

I don't use the 'in' keyword in my coding, but otherwise, this looks like it should work.
I guess I would test it by manually setting the day to an edge case and tracing it though to see if the expected result happens. IE, set day=30, 1, 6, 7, and or 8 and watch to see if it filters to the right case.

Also, you probobly know that random nums aren't true randoms. If you felt paranoid enough, you could generate 100 million random numbers in a given range, and seeing if the totals are what you would expect from probabilties.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Not a perk tree, just perks. Some like the wants_baby status will be gained naturally, others like the new one I am adding will be gained through a quest. The rest probably will be purchased through the surgeon.

The main thing will be that I will include the perks with little icons in the stats menu describing what they do.

Perks might be the wrong name, traits might be better. We will see what I will call them.

4Ragnar

Mar 28, 2020
Can we just appreciate how fucking well done this game is like it is still really early in Production and all but since the 0.1 it has improved so much and there is still so much more that the Developer can do this can truly become a master piece of game

Trans boy uwu

Dec 27, 2020
Can we just appreciate how fucking well done this game is like it is still really early in Production and all but since the 0.1 it has improved so much and there is still so much more that the Developer can do this can truly become a master piece of game
I was about to say just that. If i can afford it ( i incurred a huge bill this month ), i will probably donate to the author next month, i believe in this game.

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Sam_Tail

Here are my thoughts on the pregnancy mechanics:

1. Overall, it seems like a half-baked mechanic. But the foundations are in place to make it better.
2. The fertility cycle and managing creampies, and having 'baby desire' are all good so far.
3. However, actually becoming pregnant is a huge pain in the ass from a gameplay standpoint. Not only does it lock you out of the Haven questline, it also prevents you from participating in the only repeatable H scenes at the bar. So, becoming pregnant is a huge punishment to the player, and essentially forces the player to re-load a save or start a new game.
4. There is very little reward to becoming pregnant. You see the belly and dark nipples, and one short birth scene, but that's it. No hot preggo sex. No morning sickness scenes. No sore feet or nipples. No baby kicks or ultrasounds. No milky tits. No raging hormones of a happy/sad Sammy. (This point is subject to revision, as I used the cheats to advance the pregnancy, not the natural passage of time).

Here's my suggestions:
1. Remove the ban on the bar scenes while preggo.
2. Add a unique sex scene while preggo.
3. Add 'pregnancy woes' scenes, here and there.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Sam_Tail

Here are my thoughts on the pregnancy mechanics:

1. Overall, it seems like a half-baked mechanic. But the foundations are in place to make it better.
2. The fertility cycle and managing creampies, and having 'baby desire' are all good so far.
3. However, actually becoming pregnant is a huge pain in the ass from a gameplay standpoint. Not only does it lock you out of the Haven questline, it also prevents you from participating in the only repeatable H scenes at the bar. So, becoming pregnant is a huge punishment to the player, and essentially forces the player to re-load a save or start a new game.
4. There is very little reward to becoming pregnant. You see the belly and dark nipples, and one short birth scene, but that's it. No hot preggo sex. No morning sickness scenes. No sore feet or nipples. No baby kicks or ultrasounds. No milky tits. No raging hormones of a happy/sad Sammy. (This point is subject to revision, as I used the cheats to advance the pregnancy, not the natural passage of time).

Here's my suggestions:
1. Remove the ban on the bar scenes while preggo.
2. Add a unique sex scene while preggo.
3. Add 'pregnancy woes' scenes, here and there.
Unfortunately I have to agree. The pregnancy mechanics were brought to functional and not further.

I had planned for pregnancy to be like a sidegrade. Lock off some content but unlock others. But as the game progresses it seems that it would just end up more of a hindrance than anything. While right now there is not pregnancy specific content, even when I do add it, it would probably still be lacking compared to normal content. So yes it is something I will need to address, even if it might seem a bit unrealistic like working the bar while pregnant (Although is that really unrealistic considering the lore?).

There are a few pregnant events, but they are so few it might as well be none. But absolutely in future there will be a fair amount of them. Haven and some specific events will still be locked for story reasons, but the sandbox and city events will be designed with pregnant characters in mind. Considering how much time you might end up spending while pregnant, it shouldn't harm your ability to have fun in the game. But yes right now, as pointed out, it just locks off all the current content.

Once the haven endings are done, I will be heavily focusing on the more general content the game has to offer. So we can expect to see this issue start to fix it's self soon.

I was about to say just that. If i can afford it ( i incurred a huge bill this month ), i will probably donate to the author next month, i believe in this game.
Happy to hear you are enjoying. Can expect a lot more improvements going forward. And don't think of donating unless you can afford it, care for yourself first :)

Hoshi1997

Oct 27, 2017
+1
it's actually pretty hard to get preggo'd.
Perhaps add a ovulation drug you can buy at the mall? Or a modification at the hospital so that you are always on a dangerous day?
Agreed. In My experience, for completing game for 5 times, not a single time i got sammy pregnant even when in danger days

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
If possible, can you post a save where you feel it is hard to get pregnant? Testing on my end shows everything as fine but there might be some factors I am not taking into consideration that is causing an issue.

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
In My experience, for completing game for 5 times, not a single time i got sammy pregnant even when in danger days
When she got pregnant she didn't know about it and even after some time she will think it's just a bit of fat and she need more training, so don't expext some pop-up message like "Ta-da~, Sammy pregnant now!" just after sex.

Hoshi1997

Oct 27, 2017
Well to be fair, I used cheat indicator but don't cheat on other stats and it always said sammy is not pregnant after get creampied. Even when I make sammy prostitute in the bar at risky days so many times. Here some screenshot at my last game. I only got 6 creampied in this cause i wanna speedrun the main quests, so I Guess this doesn't count. But i have tried at least make sammy got 20-30 times at risky days (Sorry sammy :LOL:), still don't get her preggo. I can only get her pregnant through cheating :LOL:
sammy.png

Hoshi1997

Oct 27, 2017
If possible, can you post a save where you feel it is hard to get pregnant? Testing on my end shows everything as fine but there might be some factors I am not taking into consideration that is causing an issue.
Is there any certain parameters you need to get her pregnant? I mean like, you need fitness more than 70 or confident more than 50 or something like that? Because i never tried it before, I just let her get it at risky days without paying attention on her stats. Here some copy of my save.

By the way I'm enjoying the game so far. This game got so much potential. Good job and Good luck, Sam. I Will support you in anyway I can.

tseug

Dec 24, 2019
Well to be fair, I used cheat indicator but don't cheat on other stats and it always said sammy is not pregnant after get creampied. Even when I make sammy prostitute in the bar at risky days so many times. Here some screenshot at my last game. I only got 6 creampied in this cause i wanna speedrun the main quests, so I Guess this doesn't count. But i have tried at least make sammy got 20-30 times at risky days (Sorry sammy :LOL:), still don't get her preggo. I can only get her pregnant through cheating :LOL:
View attachment 1145536
Seems like your Sammy not so "lucky", tried on my side and made her pregnant 2 times of 3 reloading same save.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
No, with pregnancy it is a flat chance no matter any other stats. 1 in 100 on safe days, 1 in 20 on normal and 1 in 5 on danger days. Some anal or pullout chances but they are very small.

Tried out your saves. First one she is a virgin so she's not going to get pregnant. Second one I worked 2 evenings in the bar and got pregnant. In that one though you had only had sex a few times so not unusual she was not pregnant at that point. But at least with these saves it doesn't look like there is anything conflicting with the code.

As tsung mentioned, could you just be unlucky? :D

Reactions: Hoshi1997

Hoshi1997

Oct 27, 2017
No, with pregnancy it is a flat chance no matter any other stats. 1 in 100 on safe days, 1 in 20 on normal and 1 in 5 on danger days. Some anal or pullout chances but they are very small.

Tried out your saves. First one she is a virgin so she's not going to get pregnant. Second one I worked 2 evenings in the bar and got pregnant. In that one though you had only had sex a few times so not unusual she was not pregnant at that point. But at least with these saves it doesn't look like there is anything conflicting with the code.

As tsung mentioned, could you just be unlucky? :D
I see...
Yeah, the first one is my base save and the second, i wanna speedrun the mainquest so in this save i only make her fool around a lil' bit.

lol. Yea I think it was just my luck, lemme try playing again later then. Thanks BTW

whjk

Oct 11, 2017
i keep getting kicked out of haven saying its one of the endings then rerouted via the doctor,

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes