Kai-lee-Sei

Jan 12, 2019
Not entirely sure actually. I will have to look into it as the typos are starting to mount up. Can use the developer console but that isnt very user friendly. What game is it that you are talking about that has the f2 option?

There will be interactable characters like you mention. Can already see it's first implementation with Emile at home during the first week. But this will probably be restricted to named, story based characters.

A few design decisions I made early on. One was that I will not use proc gen characters or events. They always feel underwhelming and just not worth the time spent on them.
Another is that Sammy, outside of proper event chains, will only have passive options to choose from. So for example she will not have a "Go up to a guy and flirt" option while in a bar, and instead have something more like "Hang around looking pretty". It allows me to have a much greater variety of events to trigger during such an option and you don't have the problem of people wanting to use these pro active options in other/all locations. So I can limit them to the more fitting places and tailor make events for that location.

But I do intend to add something to a similar effect to what you are asking for. Currently when you are relaxing and drinking in the pub, nothing happens. But I plan to have these kind of flirting and seduction type events play there. The beach would also be a good candidate for such type of events.
You could also add the park and the school as possible candidates for such flirting. It would be fun if Sammy could have some after school fun while studying in the library, swimming in the pool, or running the school track. While, the park already seems to have some flirting events that you could build on.

I would also, suggest add a few more lines of expressive internal and/or external dialogue for Sammy during sex to help get across what's she's feeling at that moment. Even if its just lines like "Ahh, feels so good", or "Ooh yes fuck me harder."

I can understand how such lines might feel redundant or cliché, but they can help add more life to the scene make it feel more lively, even if its going to be a general repeating scene. You could even have them replace bits of descriptive narration. Instead of saying the guy in pounding against Sammy faster and faster, Sammy's own internal could say something like, "Yes! Come on fuck me faster, harder....YES, that it's!". Just something to think about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sireas

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
You could also add the park and the school as possible candidates for such flirting. It would be fun if Sammy could have some after school fun while studying in the library, swimming in the pool, or running the school track. While, the park already seems to have some flirting events that you could build on.

I would also, suggest add a few more lines of expressive internal and/or external dialogue for Sammy during sex to help get across what's she's feeling at that moment. Even if its just lines like "Ahh, feels so good", or "Ooh yes fuck me harder."

I can understand how such lines might feel redundant or cliché, but they can help add more life to the scene make it feel more lively, even if its going to be a general repeating scene. You could even have them replace bits of descriptive narration. Instead of saying the guy in pounding against Sammy faster and faster, Sammy's own internal could say something like, "Yes! Come on fuck me faster, harder....YES, that it's!". Just something to think about.
Respectfully, I disagree. I don't think adding internal thoughts of Sammy would add much, and I think it would take me out of the experience.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Another is that Sammy, outside of proper event chains, will only have passive options to choose from. So for example she will not have a "Go up to a guy and flirt" option while in a bar, and instead have something more like "Hang around looking pretty". It allows me to have a much greater variety of events to trigger during such an option and you don't have the problem of people wanting to use these pro active options in other/all locations. So I can limit them to the more fitting places and tailor make events for that location.
Smart. Not only for the above reasons, but also from the storytelling PoV: most authors only get the "proactive" approach when they think about an interactive game (the main character actively decides everything that happens, any action and the relative consequence. The other npcs are basically all passive).
I personally think a mix with the "reactive" approach is far more interesting\complete (*others* decisions get thrown at her)
The difference is subtle and difficult to explain (for me, at least :p), but very important.

Reactions: ustar and wor_on

Mychael Dark

Feb 10, 2019
Alright, am I missing something. I had heard that changing breast size had been removed earlier due to some problems, but from the comments it sounds as if it is back in, but I'm playing the latest version and got to body altering and it's not there.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Smart. Not only for the above reasons, but also from the storytelling PoV: most authors only get the "proactive" approach when they think about an interactive game (the main character actively decides everything that happens, any action and the relative consequence. The other npcs are basically all passive).
I personally think a mix with the "reactive" approach is far more interesting\complete (*others* decisions get thrown at her)
The difference is subtle and difficult to explain (for me, at least :p), but very important.
Also fits with the lore and style of the game a bit more in that Sammy isn't the one in control. Sammy is not the protagonist or hero of the story but much closer to the NPC or just an ordinary person and so having less control over her actions kind of fits this style more I think.

Alright, am I missing something. I had heard that changing breast size had been removed earlier due to some problems, but from the comments it sounds as if it is back in, but I'm playing the latest version and got to body altering and it's not there.
Breast size was never ingame. Earlier in the thread I posted some tests on size variation but it is something that will take some time to be implemented.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
As the characters in this game are images, to change breast size on the character, there would need to be duplicate images of every single scene in the game, with alternate breast sizes, and every item of clothing, which is also an image, would need an alternate version for each breast size. Then you would need pregnancy variations added on top of all those breast size images. This is why it's not practical to change breast size in a game like this.

One of the good things about the main character needing certain outfits for events like Haven, is that only one outfit needs to be generated for each scene, and with pregnant or unfit characters not allowed to go to Haven, it takes away the need for alternate pregnancy or unfit images to be made for every scene, to cover every possible variation of that scene and pregnant state.

So as Sam_Tail stated, it would take some time to create all those images, require extra code, and inflate the size of the game considerably.

Jeno

Donor
Aug 27, 2017
Would it be possible to get back into haven after you reach one of its endings? OR would it be necessary to restart a new playthrough to get a different one? (I'd certainly prefer the former :) )

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
As the characters in this game are images, to change breast size on the character, there would need to be duplicate images of every single scene in the game, with alternate breast sizes, and every item of clothing, which is also an image, would need an alternate version for each breast size. Then you would need pregnancy variations added on top of all those breast size images. This is why it's not practical to change breast size in a game like this.

One of the good things about the main character needing certain outfits for events like Haven, is that only one outfit needs to be generated for each scene, and with pregnant or unfit characters not allowed to go to Haven, it takes away the need for alternate pregnancy or unfit images to be made for every scene, to cover every possible variation of that scene and pregnant state.

So as Sam_Tail stated, it would take some time to create all those images, require extra code, and inflate the size of the game considerably.
Pretty much this. Throw in sweat shine, tanlines when they are in, nipple variations and anything else I forget about. Lot of work and not sure it is worth it. But it is probably the most heavily requested feature.

Would it be possible to get back into haven after you reach one of its endings? OR would it be necessary to restart a new playthrough to get a different one? (I'd certainly prefer the former :) )
Once the endings are in I might add a cheat menu jump to replay it. In future I plan to have some kind of memory recall type thing (maybe like fallout4's memory loungers) that will allow you to replay any non repeatable missions and events as a scene gallery.

adrie4u

Feb 14, 2019
Pretty much this. Throw in sweat shine, tanlines when they are in, nipple variations and anything else I forget about. Lot of work and not sure it is worth it. But it is probably the most heavily requested feature.

There is no need to change breast size, it is perfect as it is now.
Way to many games with big or even ridiculous huge breasts. Better put the energy in new storylines.
Forgot to mention, I love the game so far :D Keep up the good work.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Lot of work and not sure it is worth it. But it is probably the most heavily requested feature.
I can understand that, as I'd like to see the same thing, but I understand that for this type of game, it's really not a practical use of time. Most folks would probably assume that you just change the breasts and everything else conforms, not realising the work involved in a seemingly simple thing.

So many combinations of artwork, and that would get worse as time goes on. You'd need a guy that was just rendering the images for you as a permanent job, so you could get on with coding, and fixing bugs lol.

On another topic, which I might as well include in this post instead of creating another - I noticed it's extremely easy to become a prostitute, but almost impossible to become a slut, due to the frequency of rape and prostitution events. I felt it should be easier to be a slut than a prostitute, and maybe even be that slut could be a precursor to prostitute. I've been playing with the calculation a little, and currently have the slut count set to 20, (think it was 40), and simply subtract the (rape + sold) count from the total without multiplication, which brings the two closer together in terms of difficulty.

I understand for now its repeatable due to not being a lot of content currently, but It would be nice if Haven became just another location the player could visit, once it's completed, without it resetting. Of course, the outcome of that event was one of the extreme ends, like fire, that would block it off, and possibly create some events in the outside world. The area is only half done right now, so we don't yet know what's going to happen with the rest.

AlexDark1027

Apr 8, 2018
I understand for now its repeatable due to not being a lot of content currently, but It would be nice if Haven became just another location the player could visit, once it's completed, without it resetting. Of course, the outcome of that event was one of the extreme ends, like fire, that would block it off, and possibly create some events in the outside world. The area is only half done right now, so we don't yet know what's going to happen with the rest.
Well, I`d like to join to the people that think that Haven is just too good to be abandonned and forgotten in the later playthrough.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
i'm stuck in haven. anyone have guide for haven quest ?
Just keep repeating things. Once you get enough info from whatever source, you will get that ending, even though they all lead to the exit currently, due to being unfinished.

Reactions: ray3dave

putu

Nov 13, 2017
Just keep repeating things. Once you get enough info from whatever source, you will get that ending, even though they all lead to the exit currently, due to being unfinished.
ohh i see. thanks for the answer

Jun 15, 2018
Once the endings are in I might add a cheat menu jump to replay it. In future I plan to have some kind of memory recall type thing (maybe like fallout4's memory loungers) that will allow you to replay any non repeatable missions and events as a scene gallery.
It sounds like a good idea to have replays but I am wondering, if people wanted to go back to Haven wouldn't it be a matter of adding "if true" or specific bracketed events for the story and afterward allow the location to remain minus storyline characters and actions? It could be an interesting place to have added as a sub location to the highway section. That or copy the coding text for the entirety of the non event coding text for Haven and add the trigger flag to all the Haven ending sequences. I think it would be a huge waste of a great location you could re-use, further explore, or add far more such as if you corrupt Sammy far enough to become a prostitute.

Btw I am really enjoying the game and see a lot of great potential in so many locations and possibilities. Honestly I had more fun with just searching out scenes in all the locations then with the storyline even lol. I was wondering if you are thinking of adding far more encounters to the lists in certain locations. I feel that a million possible events or conversations could be had at the school for example. At the bar I think it would be great to have karaoke style events, overdrinking events (other than throwing up on the job). The amount of possibilities you have for this game is great and I will follow it with great interest.

P.S. Have you considered making some internal pics? Big kink and also you would only need one base vaginal, anal, or oral image then input the various dicks depending on the interaction. Think it would be a great addition

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
I can understand that, as I'd like to see the same thing, but I understand that for this type of game, it's really not a practical use of time. Most folks would probably assume that you just change the breasts and everything else conforms, not realising the work involved in a seemingly simple thing.

So many combinations of artwork, and that would get worse as time goes on. You'd need a guy that was just rendering the images for you as a permanent job, so you could get on with coding, and fixing bugs lol.

On another topic, which I might as well include in this post instead of creating another - I noticed it's extremely easy to become a prostitute, but almost impossible to become a slut, due to the frequency of rape and prostitution events. I felt it should be easier to be a slut than a prostitute, and maybe even be that slut could be a precursor to prostitute. I've been playing with the calculation a little, and currently have the slut count set to 20, (think it was 40), and simply subtract the (rape + sold) count from the total without multiplication, which brings the two closer together in terms of difficulty.

We will see how things will go with breast sizes once the time to implement it gets closer. If worst comes to worst I can add them during missions when you have a fixed appearance. It is something I want to add, but would it be worth it instead of more story stuff? Will see what the players think when the time comes.

With the whore/slut perks, they will change a lot as the game develops. They are kind of added now mostly for things in future so I didn't really pay much attention to their numbers.

And see below about your Haven question.

It sounds like a good idea to have replays but I am wondering, if people wanted to go back to Haven wouldn't it be a matter of adding "if true" or specific bracketed events for the story and afterward allow the location to remain minus storyline characters and actions? It could be an interesting place to have added as a sub location to the highway section. That or copy the coding text for the entirety of the non event coding text for Haven and add the trigger flag to all the Haven ending sequences. I think it would be a huge waste of a great location you could re-use, further explore, or add far more such as if you corrupt Sammy far enough to become a prostitute.

Btw I am really enjoying the game and see a lot of great potential in so many locations and possibilities. Honestly I had more fun with just searching out scenes in all the locations then with the storyline even lol. I was wondering if you are thinking of adding far more encounters to the lists in certain locations. I feel that a million possible events or conversations could be had at the school for example. At the bar I think it would be great to have karaoke style events, overdrinking events (other than throwing up on the job). The amount of possibilities you have for this game is great and I will follow it with great interest.

P.S. Have you considered making some internal pics? Big kink and also you would only need one base vaginal, anal, or oral image then input the various dicks depending on the interaction. Think it would be a great addition
To answer almost everything you said. Yes :p

Returning to Haven outside of the mission is planned to happen as part of an update I am calling "the homeless update". Basically there will be other places you can "live" that will be different from you home. It will give you all the things you can do at home (Shower, wardrobe, eat) but will be a different location. Haven is the first such place that will be introduced. All of the Haven story content will be locked off and replaced with new events for that location. You will still be able to explore Haven like before but some areas might be removed since they would be unnecessary outside of the main Haven questline. It will likely be the place you will live if you go full on prostitute since it is so close to where you will sell yourself.

The code for it has already been done with this in mind and technically it is possible right now I guess. But there just wouldn't be any events there (Suppose your normal home is the same right now though so maybe that doesn't matter just yet)

Random events is something I am planning to flesh out a lot once I get the Haven endings done. I will spend a fair bit of time working on the town of Blaston and all the location type things you would expect in this type of game. This includes places like the school/pub/lake along with events while you generally walk around town. Haven was a lot of work and limited to just the story so now I want to add a lot of events and stories that effect the game world as a whole.

Internals and the like is also planned. Already done tests for them and have a lot of the code ready. Just need to make a proper effort on it.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
We will see how things will go with breast sizes once the time to implement it gets closer. If worst comes to worst I can add them during missions when you have a fixed appearance.

Returning to Haven outside of the mission is planned to happen as part of an update I am calling "the homeless update".
That is a very good idea, and likely the best scenario, even if people don't request it. As an example, Haven could offer you multiple options in certain appearance categories before starting the scenario (would you like boobs a), or boobs b), shorts or skirt), and those options could possibly open to you, based on your job performance with the previous missions. These alterations would only work for a mission location though, and not for the purpose of living there.

That explains the homeless and prostitution stuff I found while snooping and bug fixing. :)

Jun 15, 2018
To answer almost everything you said. Yes :p
Thats great to hear! Guess I you were already thinking along those lines lol. Well then I will throw more questions towards you quick. It was mentioned the landlord has a cafe so will that and other locations become possible jobs like the bar is? I think working at the bar is a whole lot of interesting dialogue and scenes so I am curious how many job possibilities there is going to be? The fliers at the market doesn't really have a lot of interaction so far, the cafe like I said is mentioned but you can't go to it, and there are a lot of good places that are normal place to work (a gas station, the truck stop as a barista or at the motel next to it, etc.). Are there some ideas for that type of content?

Secondly I was wondering if you are going to implement condoms? I know that you explained in the lore why if you get pregnant you have to carry it to term, but what about condoms? Would be an extra expense to take into consideration when thinking of sex, extra dialogue, make it so during normal sex she can ask for a condom or its a non-starter. On top of that adds lots of ways that can go wrong, such as broken condoms, refusal to wear turning a little rougher, guy taking it off in the middle of sex (stealthing).

I guess lastly I would ask a whether you plan to add dick size variation (like Sammy will end up struggling to take a really big one), or ahegao (fucked silly) giving some fun facial expressions and text when she goes a bit crazy from some good sex.

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes