Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Fitness is on 32
I assume you are playing the latest version of the game? I have no had any bug reports of this mission failing to fire so I can't think of what might be wrong. After you find the info at the police station, talking to Tucker after 3 days should fire the mission.

Is the doctor able to rescue or is it me clumsy
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

IDecaX

May 26, 2020
I assume you are playing the latest version of the game? I have no had any bug reports of this mission failing to fire so I can't think of what might be wrong. After you find the info at the police station, talking to Tucker after 3 days should fire the mission.

Im on 0.2.27.2, I just checked the changelog, the haven mission wasnt added till 0.2.29.x ill update the game and try again

Last edited:

Sütçübabos

Oct 4, 2020

so what should we do there

IDecaX

May 26, 2020

Sorted Haven Out, yeah i had a outdated version XD my bad, but as it was recently added were there other routes other than the haven route?, no matter what i do now i only seem to get the haven route

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
So I was playing through the 1st mission (the one where u question Simon) saving as I go so I can look at every possible scene and when it came to getting information from Simon he ended up raping me (male protag route for clarification) after skimming back to take the other route that involves turning around but after loading back to an earlier save and doing the exact same things I did b4 I just can't get him to do it again, I don't know why, sure I can cheat and get him to make me willingly fuck him but for some reason I can't recreate being raped by him, was I not meant to be raped by him? was it a bug? or is it a bug that I can't recreate it? I just dont know but I would like to be able to recreate it if I can as it was a good scene imo.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
So I was playing through the 1st mission (the one where u question Simon) saving as I go so I can look at every possible scene and when it came to getting information from Simon he ended up raping me (male protag route for clarification) after skimming back to take the other route that involves turning around but after loading back to an earlier save and doing the exact same things I did b4 I just can't get him to do it again, I don't know why, sure I can cheat and get him to make me willingly fuck him but for some reason I can't recreate being raped by him, was I not meant to be raped by him? was it a bug? or is it a bug that I can't recreate it? I just dont know but I would like to be able to recreate it if I can as it was a good scene imo.
I can't look at the code right now, but that sounds like typical RNG. Each time you load the save, it's a new random number generated, and the scene plays out different. There's people that like to abuse such systems, to get a particular outcome. There might also be some stats and choices involved, but ultimately it might come down to RNG. :)

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
I can't look at the code right now, but that sounds like typical RNG. Each time you load the save, it's a new random number generated, and the scene plays out different. There's people that like to abuse such systems, to get a particular outcome. There might also be some stats and choices involved, but ultimately it might come down to RNG. :)
if it is RNG it must be a very low chance (or a 1st tie only thing that i have seen b4), I mean it happened to me on my 1st try and never again and I have tried at least 20 times now to recreate it

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
if it is RNG it must be a very low chance (or a 1st tie only thing that i have seen b4), I mean it happened to me on my 1st try and never again and I have tried at least 20 times now to recreate it
Just took a look. It's RNG, depending on virgin status, confidence, desire, and dialogue choices. The higher your desire, the higher chance of being forced. Some of them are quite high, like 1 in 150, depending on stats, or as low as 1 in 20. In my opinion, most of those should likely be 10% the RNG of what they are currently.

Furyous D

Aug 11, 2017
Just took a look. It's RNG, depending on virgin status, confidence, desire, and dialogue choices. The higher your desire, the higher chance of being forced. Some of them are quite high, like 1 in 150, depending on stats, or as low as 1 in 20. In my opinion, most of those should likely be 10% the RNG of what they are currently.
so i just got super lucky getting that on my 1st try with base stats then?

Reactions: 3xpurt

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
You must have hit the lottery. I have hiked my desire and had my confidence lowered via cheat menu and I've tried like 100+ times and still didn't get the forced scene with him.

It really must be a pretty low chance.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
I went and looked at the code at all the ways it could end in forced sex.

To add to that, all those require the random roll to land on '1'. It really needs to be lowered massively, like 1 in 30 should be 1 in 3, etc, or the chance should be a range, like <= 10 out of 30.

WhiteWolf93

Apr 28, 2018
To add to that, all those require the random roll to land on '1'. It really needs to be lowered massively, like 1 in 30 should be 1 in 3, etc, or the chance should be a range, like <= 10 out of 30.
I don't really agree. A 30% chance? I don't think Simon is supposed to be a rapist, he's just a horny dude taking advantage of his situation. There's a chance he'll go too far, but it shouldn't be above 1 in 10, tops.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
I don't really agree. A 30% chance? I don't think Simon is supposed to be a rapist, he's just a horny dude taking advantage of his situation. There's a chance he'll go too far, but it shouldn't be above 1 in 10, tops.
I've had a lot of experience with coding RNG actions into games, and I would rarely go over 10, but then I'd factor dialogue choices, and stat requirements, so 10 is too high, unless you have more than two options. Even with a 1 in 3 chance, you could go quite a few games without encountering those actions, especially with a one time situation like this. Just as a test, I set it to 1 in 3, and it still took me around 10 tries to roll a 1, which is bad luck, but I feel if you've reached that situation int the dialogue chain, then there's probably enough of a variation to make each game take a slightly different turn, even at a low RNG value, and you want the player to have different experiences. :)

Reactions: Ronnual and Tiasung

WhiteWolf93

Apr 28, 2018
I've had a lot of experience with coding RNG actions into games, and I would rarely go over 10, but then I'd factor dialogue choices, and stat requirements, so 10 is too high, unless you have more than two options. Even with a 1 in 3 chance, you could go quite a few games without encountering those actions, especially with a one time situation like this. Just as a test, I set it to 1 in 3, and it still took me around 10 tries to roll a 1, which is bad luck, but I feel if you've reached that situation int the dialogue chain, then there's probably enough of a variation to make each game take a slightly different turn, even at a low RNG value, and you want the player to have different experiences. :)
Taking in consideration that a "normal" player wouldn't have knowledge of the code behind the events, then I guess a higher chance wouldn't be unreasonable.

But with the knowledge of the exact steps to make to maximize the odds, a 1 in 10 isn't that bad.

Reactions: 3xpurt

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Update is out. This update brings with it the continuation and conclusion to the Haven questline. Have fun.

v 0.2.31.00
-- --

Note - Saves from the last build (0.2.29.x) will work in this update.

Also in regards to Simon. The chances are low mostly because I don't want every encounter to always go the way the player intends them to. Mostly to throw a spanner in the works for people trying for a purity run so that most encounters have a chance to break the purity, even if it's a very low chance.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Great job Sam, now all we need is a way to accelerate pregnancies (and ideally have sex while pregnant in places like the bar) and I'll keep my mouth shut.

Reactions: AlexDark1027
3.90 star(s) 55 Votes