zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
Is there a walkthrough guide? I'm stuck the Blasten trying to locate Dr. Curse. I don't know what to do next.
you have to listen to the conversation in everything about the corner, on the second floor, in the shower, in the bedroom, you ate a nice hole in the living room that leads to the bathroom, after listening to a lot, dr. it's not there so you can leave

god_kane

Aug 3, 2020
I am a bit puzzled about how allure works.
I take a shower and i have something like 230, then i apply makeup and it drops to 0 :|
Basically i am most of the time at 0 and it doesn't really make sense to me.
Would like to know also about how fitness works. Sometimes i exercise and it goes up, sometimes it stays the same, it can also go down. Can't really figure out the mechanics.

kirbe7

Dec 6, 2018
can anyone tell me why does the game start lagging after a few minutes, i have a pretty damn strong pc and i don't understand why does it start lagging....

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
any cheat codes?
The button at the top of the screen labelled "cheats" is what you are after.

I am a bit puzzled about how allure works.
I take a shower and i have something like 230, then i apply makeup and it drops to 0 :|
Basically i am most of the time at 0 and it doesn't really make sense to me.
Would like to know also about how fitness works. Sometimes i exercise and it goes up, sometimes it stays the same, it can also go down. Can't really figure out the mechanics.
It goes to 230 because you are naked. After you get out the shower and apply makeup it recalculates your allure and decides it's 0. Allure changes constantly based on a lot of factors.

Fitness throws a d100 against your current fitness. If over, you get 1 fitness, otherwise none. Unless you throw below 5, then you lose a point.

can anyone tell me why does the game start lagging after a few minutes, i have a pretty damn strong pc and i don't understand why does it start lagging....
Not had others report this so not sure I can help. I am assuming since you commented here, it doesn't happen with other renpy games? Using the right exe (TheFixer and not TheFixer32)?

Reactions: Feyd and god_kane

kirbe7

Dec 6, 2018
correct, using the right exe file...not sure what it is, never had this issue with any renpy games before

A Fucking Username

Jun 13, 2019
Fitness throws a d100 against your current fitness. If over, you get 1 fitness, otherwise none. Unless you throw below 5, then you lose a point.
Interesting way to curb stat gains to logarithmic growth. I assume the same system is used for confidence/fitness/intelligence. Is that right?

And what sort of stat ranges is the player supposed to be able to attain? In my experience it's impossible to keep both confidence and fitness much higher than 70 without metagaming the system. Intelligence on the other hand doesn't have as many events altering it, making its growth considerably slower. I think I had around 40 int when I already hit the "soft cap" on confidence and fitness. I played until the end of the first winter and hit about 60 int in that time.

That's my experience with stat growth. Does it sound like your design intent? I'm wondering about this mostly because the early Haven mission. It already had significantly higher skillchecks, if you choose to handle it in a certain way.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Interesting way to curb stat gains to logarithmic growth. I assume the same system is used for confidence/fitness/intelligence. Is that right?

And what sort of stat ranges is the player supposed to be able to attain? In my experience it's impossible to keep both confidence and fitness much higher than 70 without metagaming the system. Intelligence on the other hand doesn't have as many events altering it, making its growth considerably slower. I think I had around 40 int when I already hit the "soft cap" on confidence and fitness. I played until the end of the first winter and hit about 60 int in that time.

That's my experience with stat growth. Does it sound like your design intent? I'm wondering about this mostly because the early Haven mission. It already had significantly higher skillchecks, if you choose to handle it in a certain way.
The intent is that if you play normally (not grinding) your stats will level out at about 40something. Through grinding you may be able to get to about 60-70. If you want to get any higher then you will have to take part in special events that probably cost money/your body such as training with a professional/studying with a tutor (not implemented yet) to be able to get into the 90s. 100 would never be attainable.

Then of course if you end up pregnant, your fitness would tank. Being an alcoholic would tank your int and being beaten up or some other rough event would hit your confidence.

This is so that even if you get somewhat late game, there is still a reason to take part in early game events. I didn't want it like in other games where you might hit the cap on fitness so there is no point in ever doing fitness related events again for that playthrough.

Problem right now is this info is not clearly communicated to the player right now and so most players assume that anything below max stats is underperforming. But I do have plans to remedy that in the new year by making stat changes a lot clearer along with displaying why you can/cannot agree to things such as prostitution.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
But I do have plans to remedy that in the new year by making stat changes a lot clearer along with displaying why you can/cannot agree to things such as prostitution.
That would be very helpful. I was just coming in here to write some questions about some of those things.

Not had others report this so not sure I can help. I am assuming since you commented here, it doesn't happen with other renpy games? Using the right exe (TheFixer and not TheFixer32)?
I have the same problem sometimes. I'm not absolutely positive about this, but I feel like it mostly happens when her desire is maxed out and she's got the hearts floating up around her profile pic.

I have one other question, can anyone give me a hint about how she can lose her virginity consensually? I don't have any problem with non-consensual content in general, but I felt like I (the player, not the character) should do more to earn her first time than just some random event in Haven that she didn't have any control over. I've been playing and grinding for a while, I've unlocked the photo shoots and showering with the boys, but she still just always rebuffs everyone's advances no matter where her desire is at. Do I need to just keep doing what I'm doing for a little while longer, or am I doing something wrong?

Incidentally, if you display why you can't agree to prostitution and the answer is "because you're a virgin," it might also be helpful to display some hints on how you can change that. Maybe also have people soliciting you for just blowjobs; if that's already implemented, it's extremely rare, because I've never had it happen once in all the times I've worked at the bar. I have had boys at school offer money to wank them off, but she rebuffs them just as quickly as the bar patrons.

Noneless

Jul 27, 2017
So after i 'become' a fixer, to get any quest or anything I need to talk with Dr. Tucker?
I asumed that was optional since 'if you want to do this, talk with Tucker'

Just asking anyway.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
If you want a bigger answer
Simon is the guy at the beginning, right? If I remember that event correctly, I wasn't even given the option there either. I guess maybe I just shouldn't have reloaded my save after she got raped in Haven.

But also, how drunk does she have to be at the bar? I already knew that had something to do with it, so I've been getting her pretty juiced the last few times she worked, and it didn't seem to change anything (she never even gave anyone a handjob during those nights, and one time she got so drunk she vomited).

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Simon is the guy at the beginning, right? If I remember that event correctly, I wasn't even given the option there either. I guess maybe I just shouldn't have reloaded my save after she got raped in Haven.

But also, how drunk does she have to be at the bar? I already knew that had something to do with it, so I've been getting her pretty juiced the last few times she worked, and it didn't seem to change anything (she never even gave anyone a handjob during those nights, and one time she got so drunk she vomited).
it depends on how you play the Simon quest. for the bar, it helps to be aroused and have high enough confidence.

So after I 'become' a fixer, to get any quest or anything I need to talk with Dr. Tucker?
I assumed that was optional since 'if you want to do this, talk with Tucker'

Just asking anyway.
You can ignore the Haven quest and just go about your day if you wish.

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Have lots of non prostitution sex.
This is an older comment replying to a question about how to get the slut label, but I couldn't find any elaboration. Can you give any hints or tips about the optimal conditions to increase the likelihood of non-prostitution (and non-rape) sex before you have the slut tag?

Last edited:

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
why is it white and how to fix it? View attachment 1574479
I have seen this reported before but since I can't replicate it I don't know a fix. Some people on discord commented it might be because the 32bit version is being used or that the render settings might be incorrect (holding shift while loading the game lets you change the renderer)

This is an older comment replying to a question about how to get the slut label, but I couldn't find any elaboration. Can you give any hints or tips about the optimal conditions to increase the likelihood of non-prostitution (and non-rape) sex before you have the slut tag?
Booze is your friend. Can also hang out with the soccer boys or just go for a gangbang in Haven. Or have one of the soccer boys draw a heart on your face. It gives you the slut perk.

But mostly the perk was added for the future and while it is possible to get it now, the game isn't balanced right now to get it easily.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Booze is your friend.
If you start the shift sloshed (bubbles going up around your profile pic), is there any way to decrease the chances that a patron will give you booze and push you over the edge so you just barf and go home?

Can also hang out with the soccer boys or just go for a gangbang in Haven.
Oh man, I never even thought of going back to Haven after the mission was over.

Or have one of the soccer boys draw a heart on your face. It gives you the slut perk.
Is that something that just happens randomly when you talk to them?

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
If you start the shift sloshed (bubbles going up around your profile pic), is there any way to decrease the chances that a patron will give you booze and push you over the edge so you just barf and go home?
Patrons offering you booze is dependant on your mood. The lower your mood the more often they will offer booze. If I remember right, they won't offer if you are above 40

Is that something that just happens randomly when you talk to them?
For now it happens randomly when you lose a dare match to them. Later I will allow you to do it to yourself.

Reactions: Feyd and rb813

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Thanks for the responses. It's been a bit of an adjustment getting used to this framework of a game with a lot more random/unknown factors, compared to something like Witch Trainer or Man of the House. It's sometimes frustrating not feeling like I have any control, but overall I think I really like the element of surprise and not being able to just force a scene to happen. Looking forward to this game having more content!

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes