Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
You talk as if fifteen minutes of your time is a horrible imposition.

Well, since you clearly hate this game- why are you still wasting your time here? Surely, if a small grind is just intolerable to you, then spending even more of your limited time on this earth fuming about it on the forums is a serious waste that could be better spent doing anything else?
Nothing to do with "time", if it was, I wouldn't be here or playing games. It's all about the amount of entertainment you get from playing this or any other game versus the amount of annoyances you have to go through to get it. When it's worth it you won't hear anyone complain about "the grind". In this case, it's not worth it.

Apr 18, 2018
Found a bug where even after Haven and getting the tattoos removed, the tramp stamp on the back still shows up in sex scenes.
Also how do you get tattoos in/after haven?

Reactions: Tanzie

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
So far, there is very little fun in taking a bus full of pervs to school day in day out, so you can learn something while occasionally getting punched in the belly by an *insert a school bully trope here*. Plus preparing for secret missions, which so far have nothing to do with your school life, not to mention collecting garbage whenever you have time to kill and haven't yet talked with Nate long enough to bring the idea of a gloryhole into fruition. Unless I've missed something and the school's principal is the prime suspect in the overarching investigation of corruption within the municipal waste management department.

What is the reason behind a spec op being yet another powerless, gullible JK girl, other than to fulfil 'barely legal' fantasies?
Overview:
The Fixer
is an adult life sim lite visual novel. You take the role of the protagonist, Samantha who is a Fixer. In order to solve her employer’s problems she has to face different challenges such as investigating industrial sabotage, diplomacy between factions and tracking down troublemakers. But she needs somehow to carry on with her everyday life while dealing with her missions.
After playing through one of the origin stories, Samantha finds herself in Blaston, having been rescued by the cities main power base and in return she agrees to work for them as a "Fixer" who solves potentially sensitive problems using tact, diplomacy or underhanded means. Will she manage to make a difference to the town and its power brokers or will she fall into the pit of depravity and despair along with the majority of residents in Blaston?
It's been more than two years and the MC hasn't been able to "fix" anything yet. Instead, she's become a stupid teenage school girl attending a high school, who has to deal with bullies, hangs out with other stupid teenage boys and girls, shakes or sells her ass off or collects garbage for money etc etc. Other than a single infiltration quest that has been regurgitated numerous times, there's nothing remotely similar to anything that was advertised in this overview. Which to me sounds pretty much like another case of "Female Agent". Begs the question where the heck is the "actual" game that is advertised? Why do we have to sidetrack and deal with life in high school, working in a bar etc. Wasn't she supposed to be "employed" as a "Fixer"? Why would an organization like "DA INSTITUTE" leave their dirty laundry in the hands of a stupid teenage girl anyway. There's something really fucked up about this game's content and its premise.

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
When it's worth it you won't hear anyone complain about "the grind". In this case, it's not worth it.
My perspective on "grind" might be a bit skewed after spending way to many hours over the last two decades playing MMO's. But TBH, I didn't even notice it really.

What is the reason behind a spec op being yet another powerless, gullible JK girl, other than to fulfil 'barely legal' fantasies?
Actually, some of this was answered in game. I'm pretty sleep deprived atm and spacing out a bit, but please bare with me.
Basically, they want negotiators and spies(not like movie spies) and not spec ops, and ideally they seem non-threatening. Personally, I feel like pointing out that even IRL negotiators will get hand to hand training, just in case, but whatever. Also, lore wise it's not a highschool. Basically, there was a plague that wiped out a huge chunk of the population. The school they send you to is meant to help people adapt to the modern society- which is kind of a light post apocalypse setting. This includes helping people retrain if they were colledge students going for a degree that aren't practical.
In practice, it's a bit too much like highchool to really work as the lore is written, IMO.

Sammy get's shoved into it mostly because she has some memory problems, plus being in a coma during the entire plague thing. Which is also why her mind stat is shit from the get-go.

Technically, there is no punishments for not going to school, and you can ignore it. But it can net you 1-3 on every stat (except confidence and by extension, mood.) during a day independent of anything else. Plus, dancing is profitable, and if you make friends with the soccer team, you can eventually get into stupid bets with them and that can also be rather profitable.

Sammy's participation as a fixer isn't actually mandatory. They were actually willing to more or less let her walk with their experimental body- although I imagine they'd be monitoring her for data.

Reactions: PixelLewd

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
So, not sure if this has been reported as a bug yet, but I had Sammy realize she's pregnant and that Drake was the father all without ever taking a pregnancy test or even missing a period.

I was at the menstrating stage in the diary, and the next day when talking to the soccer boys it was suddenly "I'm pregnant and you're the father".

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but the current clothing systems is quite annoying. It may be better to allow searching for a specific type of clothing / store whejn searching the market. Say it takes 2 time units compared to just wandering to find upper clothing / lower clothing / underwear, ecetra.

mordoklejka

May 24, 2018
i got an error while prying open the vent in heven
"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'haven_storage_join'."

Asus10x

Nov 2, 2018
Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but the current clothing systems is quite annoying. It may be better to allow searching for a specific type of clothing / store whejn searching the market. Say it takes 2 time units compared to just wandering to find upper clothing / lower clothing / underwear, ecetra.
Hmm, partially agree and not, i wouldn't say random clothing sales are that bad (we play as a girl and we ALL KNOW regardless of the country of residence or nationality how girls LOVE [not "like"!] spending hours shopping, ha-ha). What i see as bad in such a system is that a player without cheats cannot find out at all what clothes are already realized and whether all the realized clothes player can find at the market.

Last edited:

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
To me this means the dev doesn't have a clue why he came up with so many stats and what they're supposed to do. This is the very base of the game's mechanics and there was plenty of time to design a stable and playable stat system on which to build the narrative around, so you don't have to resort to using game-in cheats to stay in control and the dev does not need to update the game by removing the mall or not introducing rent payments.

Why not simplify stuff if you can't work out sustainable relations between time, activity, tiredness, mood, confidence, fitness and intelligence? Or perhaps, the very idea of Sammy the Fixer's adventures is failure, misery, despair, substance abuse and multiple unplanned pregnancies? In which case, sorry not my snifter of brandy.
Have to admit, the amount of effort you've put into defending this stupid game is impressive.

The MC is a teenager, a virgin, who clearly has never had sex before. Currently too dumb and needs to go to school and relearn everything. Can't even defend herself against a school bully etc. etc. This goes a bit beyond of being "non-threatening", doesn't it? Sounds almost as if they want to use a child. And they clearly want to employ her as a "fuck toy", which I thought was quite clear from the Haven infiltration mission. As I said, something is really fucked up about this game's premise.

Except, that's supposed to be the whole premise of this game. The overview doesn't say "You play as Sammy, who is a school girl, naturally she goes to school, occasionally dances with her friends, gets bullied and molested by random people, works in a bar, sells off her body for money, and collects junk in her spare time". I'm sure some people would play it regardless, but that's not how it's advertised.
Just going to address these both together because I can't be fucked to do unique replies:
  • Not all stats are designed to be maxed out; Fitness and Intelligence definitely aren't, I'm less sure on the other ones. Confidence is generally supposed to be tough to maintain at first but gets easier as you go on. You are supposed to hit a point where exercising/learning the normal way has diminishing returns and decays back to a middle point. I believe the intent is to bring in training methods later which may need cash to maintain or w/e if you really want to push yourself to the max; However, right now I don't think the higher levels are necessary for any gated stat checks.
  • Yes, the game is supposed to have at least a partially fucked-up and bleak tone. I'm really not sure how that didn't come across, what with the whole "plague wiped out society and everything looks dilapidated" thing, and some of the haven outcomes, and... well, I could go on. However, if you don't want it to be so bleak, there are perks to make the start easier, such as the Gamine one. Or the Bambi perk if you really want to suffer, I guess. There are also ways to deal with the bullies permanently and avoid/reduce bad events happening. The issue here is that some people, y'know, enjoy the bad events that happen, so a balance does have to be struck.
  • Everything probably still needs more balancing but considering the scope of the game, it's kinda hard to do that without putting versions out for playtesting, so... idk.
  • I actually agree that I would have liked more story and missions by now. Unfortunately for me, the patreon polls went more towards fleshing out the life sim aspects of the game. On the other hand, this was a serious code overhaul and it probably would be better to get that out of the way before too much content was added.

AndyPandaetrr

Jul 8, 2017
If I wanted to insult you you'd know. If you were offended by my remark about simulation, which wasn't an insult by the way, all I'm gonna say is that calling this so called game a simulation is the real insult to anyone with a slightly above average intelligence.
What does a simulation game mean?
The main feature of simulation games is to simulate real life activities, many of these games leave you free to explore the main mechanics of the game without getting too attached to missions or story. If in a game you feed, take care of the cleanliness, make your character work, simulating real life, it doesn't matter the platform or engine used to create the game, it doesn't matter if it's 3D or 2D, the game is considered a sim game.

nogling

Jul 26, 2021
Broodmother starts with Creampie Lover, but not Baby Crazy, is it supposed to? Also, wouldn't Broodmother be a non-virgin start? How else would she know she is really fertile?

Plus she never said she missed her period I believe. She just started feeling sick but didn't realize she was pregnant, even when her belly popped out.

And is superfetation a thing? Because she got pregnant a second time while already knocked up. I think this is a bug

Last edited:

AndyPandaetrr

Jul 8, 2017
Broodmother starts with Creampie Lover, but not Baby Crazy, is it supposed to? Also, wouldn't Broodmother be a non-virgin start? How else would she know she is really fertile?

Plus she never said she missed her period I believe. She just started feeling sick but didn't realize she was pregnant, even when her belly popped out.
I will try to explain in the easiest way. Broodmother, Gamine, among the other choices that are made only in the female route, are from her past, before she suffered the accident and received the new body, still a virgin of a young woman. According to these choices, the first attributes will be given. Example: Broodmother, where she gains more fertility points than the other attributes.

Oct 9, 2021
It is funny how some complain about stuff around the world. Look, if you don't like the game, just leave, you're probably not even paying for it. Just end the argument by not replying, the world does not revolve for you, it just revolves around you. Your argument will not be entertained due to the facts that you are 1 against many who enjoy and subscribe the game, not paying for a service but still demands more, and unable to accept a game that requires grinding for better outcome. If you want to discuss how to make the game better go ahead, make a constructive feedback but if you just complain then assume things will get worst if you are not heard, find another meal ticket. In the end, what you want is not here, it is somewhere else.

On that note, Dev did say the confidence/willpower was not meant to be managed as it is the "outcome/consequence" of your actions. Choosing Bambi as perk makes you scared af then the character is having hard time to cope with the environment. Choose Bimbo then you'll get subjected to multiple groping because you are practically showing off xD. If you want these "misfortunes" not to bother too much, you have to let it happen frequently to the character meaning grinding. If you want it easier, choose perks that actually you want it easier.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
It is funny how some complain about stuff around the world. Look, if you don't like the game, just leave, you're probably not even paying for it. Just end the argument by not replying, the world does not revolve for you, it just revolves around you. Your argument will not be entertained due to the facts that you are 1 against many who enjoy and subscribe the game, not paying for a service but still demands more, and unable to accept a game that requires grinding for better outcome. If you want to discuss how to make the game better go ahead, make a constructive feedback but if you just complain then assume things will get worst if you are not heard, find another meal ticket. In the end, what you want is not here, it is somewhere else.

On that note, Dev did say the confidence/willpower was not meant to be managed as it is the "outcome/consequence" of your actions. Choosing Bambi as perk makes you scared af then the character is having hard time to cope with the environment. Choose Bimbo then you'll get subjected to multiple groping because you are practically showing off xD. If you want these "misfortunes" not to bother too much, you have to let it happen frequently to the character meaning grinding. If you want it easier, choose perks that actually you want it easier.
I never liked the "If you don't like it leave" mentality. In every creative endeavor criticism, even when rude, is WAY more important than praise. You NEVER want to only be surrounded by yes men. Differing opinions are incredibly important. There is however a big difference between polite criticism, and just being a dick.

kidoman

Aug 23, 2019
I never liked the "If you don't like it leave" mentality. In every creative endeavor criticism, even when rude, is WAY more important than praise. You NEVER want to only be surrounded by yes men. Differing opinions are incredibly important. There is however a big difference between polite criticism, and just being a dick.
I do think it applies when somebody's criticizing a game for things that are fundamental parts of it. It'd be like me going into a game where you play as an ugly bastard stealing other guys' wives and girlfriends and complaining that it has too much NTR. A lot of these complaints seem to be about things that are core elements of the gameplay. To change those things would literally change the nature of the game.

I agree that the game needs work in a fair few areas. For example: I honestly can't stand the confidence mechanic, I feel like I'm fighting it every step of the way and it isn't enjoyable to me. And the randomized clothing shops has definitely gotta go, or at least change it to being able to return to the store whenever you want once you find it.

But at its core, the game is about being a girl who goes through a lot of shitty things. People are complaining about not being able to avoid it, when the game is literally about it.

So I definitely think that the game should be given criticism, it will help it to develop. But if that criticism takes the form of complaining about the game's base identity, everyone is better off if that person just leaves. It doesn't contribute anything other than derailing discussion about actual things in the game that need changing/improving.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I do think it applies when somebody's criticizing a game for things that are fundamental parts of it. It'd be like me going into a game where you play as an ugly bastard stealing other guys' wives and girlfriends and complaining that it has too much NTR. A lot of these complaints seem to be about things that are core elements of the gameplay. To change those things would literally change the nature of the game.

I agree that the game needs work in a fair few areas. For example: I honestly can't stand the confidence mechanic, I feel like I'm fighting it every step of the way and it isn't enjoyable to me. And the randomized clothing shops has definitely gotta go, or at least change it to being able to return to the store whenever you want once you find it.

But at its core, the game is about being a girl who goes through a lot of shitty things. People are complaining about not being able to avoid it, when the game is literally about it.

So I definitely think that the game should be given criticism, it will help it to develop. But if that criticism takes the form of complaining about the game's base identity, everyone is better off if that person just leaves. It doesn't contribute anything other than derailing discussion about actual things in the game that need changing/improving.
I agree on most of what you said. Except that the game at it's core used to be about a girl who is/becoming a fixer, a problem solver. As it stands Sammy has too many problems of her own to even begin solving anyone else's believably. Dev seems to have forgotten about the whole "fixer" part of the game called The Fixer.

Reactions: Tanzie and madchef

kidoman

Aug 23, 2019
I agree on most of what you said. Except that the game at it's core used to be about a girl who is/becoming a fixer, a problem solver. As it stands Sammy has too many problems of her own to even begin solving anyone else's believably. Dev seems to have forgotten about the whole "fixer" part of the game called The Fixer.
You know what? That's fair. While Sammy having to deal with shit has been there from the beginning, the dev has spent the majority of their efforts into developing only that part of it. It would be nice if the next update focused primarily on the 'fixer' aspect.

The dev definitely seems to be reaping the classic consequence of being engaged with the fanbase: getting pulled this way and that. I know the patrons often vote for more development of the simulation part of the game, but at some point the dev needs to decide to make their own decisions for the game's direction or they risk losing control of the project entirely.

Fan engagement is pretty much always a double-edged sword, and a balance needs to be found.

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games
Oct 9, 2021
yeah well as I said in previous post, make it a constructive feedback, not just empty cans. Even rude but constructive feedback is useful. If you say something is pointless, explain based on opinion/facts rather than preferences. The only reason I and some people would say "just leave" is because some the argument brought forth does not warrant attention. Here's an example:

"The game is bad with the Dev adding more stat functions in the game. I have to grind to have it better."

"The game would require improvements in the aspects of character management as these increment and decrement of stats takes too much time on character's navigation causing the survival of character to be extremely hard."

Which one would be more engaging as feedback?

Reactions: Adlai

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
So the stat grind pissed me off enough to do something about it and going to the cheat menu constantly was annoying. Here's a cheat file that keeps confidence, mood, intelligence, and fitness at max. This should work for all future versions of the game unless the dev changes variable names.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To install just drop the file into the "game" folder

WARNING: ONLY INSTALL AFTER THE PROLOGUE

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes