Gonzo01

May 2, 2020
There's a bit of a flaw in using roll-back.
Whilst you can roll-back scenes, any accrued Alpha and Beta points will remain, so going forwards again, adds to them further.
Also, if you roll-back to a previous multiple choice, then your previous choice(s) are no longer there.

Reactions: Tinuss

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
Tried it and deleted it really fast,not my cup of tea.Honestly idk how someone can live in a house with a man that does whatever the fuck he wants to his family... I would fucking murder him,chop him into small pieces and feed him to my dogs,i wouldnt even care about the consequences.Sorry dev but your game has NTR smeared all over it,i wish you good luck!

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
There's a bit of a flaw in using roll-back.
Whilst you can roll-back scenes, any accrued Alpha and Beta points will remain, so going forwards again, adds to them further.
Also, if you roll-back to a previous multiple choice, then your previous choice(s) are no longer there.
That is something I'm looking at. I'll try to have a fix soon.

Apr 27, 2021
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch2.rpy", line 380, in <module>
NameError: name 'menuset21' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/ch2.rpyc", line 379, in script
�� �Y�֥��Ѻ��3T��%�唼�|��D�|Vh����L[�i��RZh7>�1� ��|�7y8�f
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1683, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1002, in menu
set = renpy.python.py_eval(set_expr) # @ReservedAssignment
File "renpy/python.py", line 2254, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2247, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/ch2.rpy", line 380, in <module>
NameError: name 'menuset21' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.7.1862
The Fosters 0.02
Wed Aug 4 11:54:53 2021
```

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Tried it and deleted it really fast,not my cup of tea.Honestly idk how someone can live in a house with a man that does whatever the fuck he wants to his family... I would fucking murder him,chop him into small pieces and feed him to my dogs,i wouldnt even care about the consequences.Sorry dev but your game has NTR smeared all over it,i wish you good luck!
Have you tried Between Salvation and Abyss? The MC literally does this. The beginning of this game is like that game except the MC murders his Father. Though, the MC in the game is a bit of Sociopath. It's one of those games that makes a character way more OP than they deserve to be, but you're mileage may vary.

I wouldn't call this game NTR per say, but it's definitely not a walk in the park.

Reactions: ann87ra

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
There's a couple hours of playtime, at least, I think. If you actually read everything and don't skip through. All tags are listed. That includes the ABSENCE of NTR.
Did you remove the scene where Linda blows Big John? If not, then it is NTR sadly. That or make it avoidable I guess. I haven't played yet, I'm jumping in later on tonight.

Reactions: thegrimm

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Sorry you didn't like it. All tags are according to F95 definitions and the absence of an NTR tag is not a mistake. There is not NTR.

So, at what age would you murder Big John? When you were 6 and didn't know anything bad was happening? When you were 9 and he started doing more things you weren't aware of? When you were 10 and you were included in the things, but were drugged and had no memory of those things happening? When you were 14 and those things stopped, but you still didn't remember what had happened? When you were 18 and started to remember, is that when you would immediately kill him? Before trying any other way to get him out of the house, you'd just kill him? Sounds like you have some issues you need to work out with a professional.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Did you remove the scene where Linda blows Big John? If not, then it is NTR sadly. That or make it avoidable I guess. I haven't played yet, I'm jumping in later on tonight.
It is avoidable and it isn't exactly an actual thing. It's an attempt, but not the actual act. According to F95's definition, it isn't NTR.

Reactions: Ogre

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
It is avoidable and it isn't exactly an actual thing. It's an attempt, but not the actual act. According to F95's definition, it isn't NTR.
When you are dancing around semantics it's a self-admission that you are indeed dealing with the topic, you just deliberately shape the content to circumvent the definition to be applicable. To quote a favorite franchise: you're trying to use the letter of the law to defeat the spirit of the law.

To clarify: I'm not asking you to rewrite a core concept of your story without which it simply wouldn't work. I acknowledge that fact and I am not triggered by it. What I'm asking you is to stop lying to yourself... and others. The subject of NTR is unavoidable with your story because of the abusive nature of the main antagonist.

Last edited:

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
Sorry you didn't like it. All tags are according to F95 definitions and the absence of an NTR tag is not a mistake. There is not NTR.

So, at what age would you murder Big John? When you were 6 and didn't know anything bad was happening? When you were 9 and he started doing more things you weren't aware of? When you were 10 and you were included in the things, but were drugged and had no memory of those things happening? When you were 14 and those things stopped, but you still didn't remember what had happened? When you were 18 and started to remember, is that when you would immediately kill him? Before trying any other way to get him out of the house, you'd just kill him? Sounds like you have some issues you need to work out with a professional.
Just cause someone doesnt like your idea of a game and was not born a pussy or a pushover if it makes you feel better doesnt mean they need ''profesional help''. I remember one time when i was a kid and a guy twice my size was torturing a poor dog and i went at him even tho i knew i would get my ass kicked (which i did really bad) but that didnt stopped me,now imagine what somone would do to protect their family from such assholes..just cause some of you chose not to do anything that doesnt mean we are all the same.And with the tags of the game,i get it you went around the definition so its not really ntr but that doesnt mean its not there.I wish you again GOOD LUCK like i previously did with your game after you told me to seek help for basicly not being a pussy and take whatever life throws at me. ;)

Reactions: rhdad

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Oh, I didn't know that it was the case. I was under the impression that it was unavoidable but skippable. It doesn't happen cannocially (Avoidable)? Or do we just avoid seeing it (Skippable)?
If it does happen though, it is.

Hope for clarification.

Reactions: doe50818 and Tinuss

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
When you are dancing around semantics it's a self-admission that you are indeed dealing with the topic, you just deliberately shape the content to circumvent the definition to be applicable. To quote a favorite franchise: you're trying to use the letter of the law to defeat the spirit of the law.

To clarify: I'm not asking you to rewrite a core concept of your story without which it simply wouldn't work. I acknowledge that fact and I am not triggered by it. What I'm asking you is to stop lying to yourself... and others. The subject of NTR is unavoidable with your story because of the abusive nature of the main antagonist.
= Not NTR
= Not NTR
= Not NTR
= Not NTR

Where is the definition that turns this into NTR? It isn't semantics, it's the definition.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017

You know what? I do notice 13 doing that. I'm not against his story nor him personally, but why try to avoid something if it is what it is? It's like this game is skirting the fringes of the three letter word as much as humanly possible. I don't get it. I know it's dark, but this is supposed to be after the darkness when Big John has become disinterested and jaded. The fact that it keeps cropping up makes me uneasy to say the least.

Reactions: doe50818

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
You know what? I do notice 13 doing that. I'm not against his story nor him personally, but why try to avoid something if it is what it is? It's like this game is skirting the fringes of the three letter word as much as humanly possible. I don't get it. I know it's dark, but this is supposed to be after the darkness when Big John has become disinterested and jaded. The fact that it keeps cropping up makes me uneasy to say the least.
There are devs who own up every tag of their game and dont hide it and then there are the rest who would rather dance around the dictionary definition because of .... reasons

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes