linkmeister

Dec 27, 2017
I keep getting this every two clicks
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch4.rpy", line 362, in <module>
NameError: name 'shower_sam' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/ch4.rpyc", line 205, in script
4aju﹇®R-øiÀF 7 pø°XÀGǴ̏ GP3騏¸1>&¶cވKF:枞¸[M¡ߟYʖ!W.Ҧ
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1683, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1028, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/ch4.rpy", line 362, in <module>
NameError: name 'shower_sam' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
The Fosters 0.04b
Tue Jan 4 01:09:18 2022

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I am out on this one. Too many loose ends. I dont really like it. It feels a bit Russian. Nope sorry. It does not do it. Bye and good luck.:cautious:
That's fine, I know the story isn't for everyone. I will agree that there are loose ends. You know, since it's only chapter 4 of 7. What fun would it be if there were never any loose ends at the end of a chapter?

I don't understand the Russian comment, though. What does that mean? Do you think that this story couldn't happen anywhere except Russia? Or, does this follow the plot of some Russian folktale I don't know about? I don't get it.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch4.rpy", line 597, in script
    if linda_grope3 == True:
  File "game/ch4.rpy", line 597, in <module>
    if linda_grope3 == True:
NameError: name 'linda_grope3' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ch4.rpy", line 597, in script
    if linda_grope3 == True:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/ch4.rpy", line 597, in <module>
    if linda_grope3 == True:
NameError: name 'linda_grope3' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
The Fosters 0.04b
Tue Jan  4 00:05:38 2022
Weird, because that's not line 597. Did you add a mod? I don't think any of the mods are specifically ready for 0.04b. That flag is from chapter 3, but you might have been behind with Linda.

johanathan

Sep 28, 2021
The Fosters [v0.04b] [_13_] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,52 GB / 220 MB - TheFosters-0.04b-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,49 GB / 186 MB - TheFosters-0.04b-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - Pixeldrain -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -
(y)(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: "CJ"

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
So basically this is a bugfix release - no new content. If you didn't encounter a major bug in the main release is there any reason to play this?

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
So basically this is a bugfix release - no new content. If you didn't encounter a major bug in the main release is there any reason to play this?
Right, for me, letters indicate bugfix releases. This one does include 1 new animation during Lucy's shower, which had been a still image, and 1 new image during Linda's night visit, which had been previously skipped with adjusted text.

• Love
Reactions: ontach

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
It's not working for me either, I might try from a pc later.
Not sure what the issue is, but I just tried it on my phone and it works. There are a few non-Mega links in the OP that might work better for you.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Reactions: Wills747

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Not sure what the issue is, but I just tried it on my phone and it works. There are a few non-Mega links in the OP that might work better for you.
Yes, it was the Mod. Sorry for the confusion.

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
I don't think Lord Ashram has updated his mod, yet.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I don't think Lord Ashram has updated his mod, yet.
I hope I'm not annoying people by saying this a second time, but until he does, I've posted a patch for his mod to accommodate the recent update in the previous page. I'm only mentioning it again because a lot of people on this page have been asking about it. Just in case.

Reactions: guardianfather
Oct 14, 2021
Walkthrough / Cheat Mods / Images Fixes (Chap. 4b)

So I decided to give this game my Walkthrough, Cheat Mods and Images Fixes treatment starting with Chap. 3.
It is originally based of the work done by Techstar and his Walkthrough mod for Chap. 3 that lists the Alpha and Beta Points in the Option Choices but mine now goes a lot further in context for the Option Choices that need it. Starting with Chap. 4 onward will be just my work. I've also given it my special treatment with my Cheat Mod work (see my changelog) and I fixed the exposure on some of the images that were too dark/under exposed to bring out some detail for those of us not using 1000+ nit monitors.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
Download the mod (and Image Fix Pack if you wish) version to the version of the game you are playing.
Decompress in the same folder as TheFosters.exe.

There are 2 types of files, One is the Fixed Images and the Second is the Walkthrough/Cheat Mod.
Link Folder:
Mega

View attachment 1563212 View attachment 1563213 View attachment 1563214 View attachment 1563215 View attachment 1563216

lien mega bug ?

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
That's fine, I know the story isn't for everyone. I will agree that there are loose ends. You know, since it's only chapter 4 of 7. What fun would it be if there were never any loose ends at the end of a chapter?

I don't understand the Russian comment, though. What does that mean? Do you think that this story couldn't happen anywhere except Russia? Or, does this follow the plot of some Russian folktale I don't know about? I don't get it.
The macho side. The MC is a prick and that is all he thinks about. Too many macho men and that is to be found in plenty of Russian VN's with of course the madam. I know plenty enjoy it but I don't.

3.00 star(s) 40 Votes