unknown4004

Nov 10, 2020
when i tried to open the archeive it says the current file is not supporting or damaged ...i m currently using winrar
pls help

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
when i tried to open the archeive it says the current file is not supporting or damaged ...i m currently using winrar
pls help
I would suggest that this is caused by an issue of some sort during your download.
It's happened to me before with no real explanation, but re-downloading the archive has usually fixed the issue.

oshtoshashlyk

Mar 5, 2020
Thanks for the upload. Pretty decent VN, though a bit overdramatic for my tastes (in general, the plotlines just went too far to the point where I lost all feeling of immersion). I'm curious, how do the other Grisaia VNs compare to this one?

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
It seems like the PSVita added content was in the steam release, but not in the unrated version, or if you patch steam version with adult content (it deleted psvita content)
Is there a way to get a "complete" edition with all content?

afrojack12

Oct 24, 2020
HEy i downloaded the game from the links but then i saw the update patch below so i was wondering is it a real update or just some extra content?

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Hi, was just struggling here by to was a question, in the startpost in mentioned that there is no censorship/mosaics

What now? I like the pictures in the starting post, but i can't stand censorship/mosaic and before i waste my time for downloading and be disapointet about it, i ask now and don't complain about it later here. :)

oshtoshashlyk

Mar 5, 2020
Hi, was just struggling here by to was a question, in the startpost in mentioned that there is no censorship/mosaics

What now? I like the pictures in the starting post, but i can't stand censorship/mosaic and before i waste my time for downloading and be disapointet about it, i ask now and don't complain about it later here. :)
It's the unrated version, meaning they show explicit sex scenes, but there are indeed still mosaics.

ErogeAficionado

May 13, 2020
anyone else have an issue where the auto mode is either incredibly slow, or unusably fast? I know you can click auto mode to add a multiplier to the speed, but then it starts clipping voices that are being played...

Istreakilaz

Jun 12, 2020
anyone else have an issue where the auto mode is either incredibly slow, or unusably fast? I know you can click auto mode to add a multiplier to the speed, but then it starts clipping voices that are being played...
To stop voices from cutting out in auto mode,
Go to Configuration -> Sound
And Select [Off] for "Voice Skip".

This will make the text scroll to fit exactly the length of the voiceline. But, text without any voice to it, like the narration or Yuuji's own words and thoughts, would be scrolling at the given speed specified by the player.
However, you still might want to not overdo the auto speed timer, as too short of a wait can make the non-voiced lines, especially the lengthier narration ones, to whizz past too fast, and need be rewinded to be read through properly. Thus making the auto feature pointless.
Otherwise, it should fix your issue.
<EDIT - Whooops... let my coarse translation like english out. my bad. the words should make coherence now, heh>

Last edited:

Istreakilaz

Jun 12, 2020
:cry:

Thank you dude!
Japanese censorship laws prohibit from any and i mean almost ANY material, be it fictional or otherwise, to censor depiction or figures of genitalia or the like (if a non-human... in of course fictional settings) with mosaics.
While decensoring is a common practice while bringing over the material on the western side, or through online (piracy) medium, some groups don't bother touching the original censorship... ESPECIALLY if there can be legal repercussions from a particularly high-profile original distributor of the work.

Long explanation short, decensoring is not that a common practice when it comes to Visual Novels (but it's VERY common in doujins and manga). And when it comes to products with a well-reputed name to production or distribution line, the translation team, legal or otherwise don't want to step into any deep shit like that. and then let it be pirated even.

oshtoshashlyk

Mar 5, 2020
Japanese censorship laws prohibit from any and i mean almost ANY material, be it fictional or otherwise, to censor depiction or figures of genitalia or the like (if a non-human... in of course fictional settings) with mosaics.
While decensoring is a common practice while bringing over the material on the western side, or through online (piracy) medium, some groups don't bother touching the original censorship... ESPECIALLY if there can be legal repercussions from a particularly high-profile original distributor of the work.

Long explanation short, decensoring is not that a common practice when it comes to Visual Novels (but it's VERY common in doujins and manga). And when it comes to products with a well-reputed name to production or distribution line, the translation team, legal or otherwise don't want to step into any deep shit like that. and then let it be pirated even.
Some companies like MangaGamer have gotten pretty decent at decensoring games. Granted sometimes they sort of fuck up (e.g. in Evenicle there are a couple of scenes where the male protagonist's penis contorts in very weird ways, probably because the original art was only intended with the censored version in mind), but for the most part they do quite well. In their case it appears to be quite legit, i.e. they actually buy the Western distribution rights of Japanese games, and there doesn't seem to be any legal issue with them. Is it really still that big of a deal?

Reactions: Istreakilaz

Istreakilaz

Jun 12, 2020
Some companies like MangaGamer have gotten pretty decent at decensoring games. Granted sometimes they sort of fuck up (e.g. in Evenicle there are a couple of scenes where the male protagonist's penis contorts in very weird ways, probably because the original art was only intended with the censored version in mind), but for the most part they do quite well. In their case it appears to be quite legit, i.e. they actually buy the Western distribution rights of Japanese games, and there doesn't seem to be any legal issue with them. Is it really still that big of a deal?
" decensoring is a common practice while bringing over the material on the western side "
should clear up any issue with decensoring practices when localizing games, but ONLY if the license to do so is legally attained.
And MangaGamer does have licenses for the games it localizes (although i believe there was some old controversy about them).
So yeah, like you said "they actually buy the Western distribution rights of Japanese games, and there doesn't seem to be any legal issue with them." so it's completely fine on that end, as long as the original produces agree to the terms of it in the paperwork.

<Although i doubt that publishing companies really care about the specific parts of the agreement that involve overseas censorship laws, as they are particularly only interested in the general reception, scarily so if it's a really foreign nation. Only they as sometimes skittish about come text or story changes, that are sometimes made to better reflect the atmosphere of the localization touches. ..quite similar to the controversial topic of anime fansubs vs official subs, although in this case, the opposite side is usually favoured by the hardcore fans>

What i specifically meant in my reply, was the common practice to keep the original work untouched as far as possible, while only changing the necessary parts, to avoid being sued by the parent company ESPECIALLY if there was no legal license attained, and the translation was dropped online for free.
As it generally is done, since primary localization companies, like spike and mangagamer, are still expanding and haven't really been able to (or likely would anytime soon) match up to the heavy flood of visual novel productions, that are periodically being requested for localization.
Hence, people need to sate their appetite with the pirated copies, or if extremely dexterous, has enough knowledge of the original language to decently enough purchase and play... depending if the tax from the import laws don't kill them first [It might not be as big a deal in high GDA countries, but developing nations, even if just a few thousand kilometers away, like here, had it rough, i tell ya]

You might have seen recently even. Some VN companies had started to crack down harshly on the pirated copies distributers online, and the stigma only keeps extended across the industry... although the pandemic brought that to a screeching halt all of a sudden, and now they are much level headed, surprisingly.
So yeah, mosiacs are generally retained, unless if a well to do (enough) localization company with minimum shady resources and past actions take up on the project of porting a VN overseas.
That's all.. and sorry for the big textwall. Peace! Nin Nin Nin!!

P.S. oh yeah, i forgot! Decensoring is quite hard if the original artist's perspective of the image is not relatable. Might take quite a few takes, and sometimes messy even. Not always does the text convey how the *ahem* tidbits are supposed to look in the particular shot, so a lot of generalizations and context of te scene needs to be taken into thought.
Pfft, what am i even saying! It isn't THAT hard, as long as you can visualize the scene. But... heck if you can visualize erotic pictures near daily (or normally, fortnightly) without pause, as a part of a job. Anything you do as a job, gets tedious to pull off after some time. Maybe they just got tired of redraws.
Call me homo-like, but if someone neatly and efficiently redraws a dick over the mosaic version, it gets me quite interested in it. I'm sick of the general white tube that is used pretty much everywhere, even if it actually looks better in animated bits, but not still images.

Last edited:

Istreakilaz

Jun 12, 2020
Why does it say NO and mosaic ? witch is it?
Clothes on = no mosaic
Clothes off = mosaic
:Kappa:

Lol! Anime vs hentai in a nutshell.

Anyways, there's joke and there's a proper answer. And being the literal 'chinchin' that i am.... serious answer.
It's supposed to be 'Censorship : No"
But because the Western World's understanding of "Censorship" greatly differs from the SE Asian's understanding of it, OP / Mod added that extra detail.
Basically, the answer is....
"Uncensored. But the Japanese Law regulated Genital Mosaics exist"

So you can see the Double Ds without any censorship ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But the Single D and the V will be pixelated, like it is usual for the Jap media. That's all.

jajjajjajaa

Aug 6, 2019
I downloader the game played it for a few days then one day it would'nt open. i tried re downloading it and that worked but then when i tried and import my saves it wont open again. what the hell do i do. (i got a lot of save files but even if i try just one it does not work) should i only move the save file and not the other 3 files in the save folder (IE the INFO folder) sorry im typing fast i gotta go somewhere

4.80 star(s) 8 Votes