lawlawkagurL

Nov 12, 2021
If anyone can lend a hand, I'd really appreciate some help.

So, this is my first time playing this game.. and being the lazy ass that I am, if I get too impatient with the missions, I'd refer to a full save file to watch the scenes..
anyway my problem is..

I started off with A new game, saved in slot 3, in order to create the DefaultTGOglobal.rpgsave located in
APP DATA>>>LOCAL>>>USER DATA..

then went to the OP do get a full save file for V 0.27053 for the main game..
the file in the zip is DefaultTGOfile11.rpgsave..
so I just placed it also where the DefaultTGOglobal.rpgsave is located, as per the instructions in the OP when downloading and using save files of others..

now when I run the game and proceed to the load game menu..
The added save is not there..
only my original save in slot 3..
based on the save file I've downloaded, it should be in slot 11 right?

I'm at a lost at this point, can anyone help out? what am I doing wrong here?
Would really appreciate some info here.

please and thank you

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021

So, this is my first time playing this game.. and being the lazy ass that I am, if I get too impatient with the missions, I'd refer to a full save file to watch the scenes..
anyway my problem is..

I started off with A new game, saved in slot 3, in order to create the DefaultTGOglobal.rpgsave located in

so I just placed it also where the DefaultTGOglobal.rpgsave is located, as per the instructions in the OP when downloading and using save files of others..

please and thank you
FAQ :eek:
BTW : think about this 3 - 11 :unsure: What could possibly be the problem here ?! :eek::unsure:
:LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
FAQ :eek:
BTW : think about this 3 - 11 :unsure: What could possibly be the problem here ?! :eek::unsure:
:LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:
What's weirder : expecting people to either know wtf they're doing/being able to read basic stuff or same people being unable to rename a file ? This place is really far down the cringe hole. At least the wincest weirdos died down a bit with the tag removal .....

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: sixart

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017

anyway my problem is..

please and thank you
I'll be in the good mood today -
You have to have a save in the slot that your added save will be. RPG doesn't look for them, it has to be 'known' to the global file.

Best solution for you:
1) Start TGO;
2) Load your save from slot 3;
3) Save THAT game in slot 11;
4) Close game;
5) Place downloaded save in save folder (leave it as save 11);
6) Start game again;
7) Check slot 11;
8) Profit.
NOTE - The percent-complete shown in the file list will not reflect the 'new' save file's percentage until you load it!

The game is really quite easy if you follow the YouTube walkthroughs posted by DD69-1, so you don't need to bother with this stuff...

• Red Heart
Reactions: DD69-1

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I'll be in the good mood today -
You have to have a save in the slot that your added save will be. RPG doesn't look for them, it has to be 'known' to the global file.

Best solution for you:
1) Start TGO;
2) Load your save from slot 3;
3) Save THAT game in slot 11;
4) Close game;
5) Place downloaded save in save folder (leave it as save 11);
6) Start game again;
7) Check slot 11;
8) Profit.
NOTE - The percent-complete shown in the file list will not reflect the 'new' save file's percentage until you load it!

The game is really quite easy if you follow the YouTube walkthroughs posted by DD69-1, so you don't need to bother with this stuff...
Even better : get rando's save and rename it to whatever you already got (doesn't matter to overwrite since it's used on top of a throwaway junk to get the global). It's pretty hard to comprehend how nobody in here can muster the bigbrain power to solve hilariously easy "problems" like this ...... This is F95 though, so people eating glue sticks and formatting their HDD at random without knowing they did shouldn't be shocking to any1 anymore

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Even better : get rando's save and rename it to whatever you already got (doesn't matter to overwrite since it's used on top of a throwaway junk to get the global). It's pretty hard to comprehend how nobody in here can muster the bigbrain power to solve hilariously easy "problems" like this ...... This is F95 though, so people eating glue sticks and formatting their HDD at random without knowing they did shouldn't be shocking to any1 anymore
This way even if he breaks something along the way, the original save he has in slot 3 will be intact. Botch the process, delete the save and try again.

Automatically understanding the inner-workings of RPGM save-logic isn't for everyone. And hopefully this person learns to fish instead of just eating Ramen.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
This way even if he breaks something along the way, the original save he has in slot 3 will be intact. Botch the process, delete the save and try again.

Automatically understanding the inner-workings of RPGM save-logic isn't for everyone. And hopefully this person learns to fish instead of just eating Ramen.
He said he read the FAQ (somehow, since he knows to make the Default beforehand). No holding back if he stops midway and crashes himself down with wondering why save #s don't match ...... No pity

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Hey Six, is this worth checking out?
Nope :p

It's why it was written in the first place by KING COLD... to let it rot in it's place untouched and cry about every little shit there is :rolleyes: OFC it is an unknown factor whether or not the noodle who would actually need the intel 1. CAN READ in the first place ( and if by some miracle the hurdle is made... ) 2. CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS WRITTEN THERE :unsure::rolleyes:

My favourite example right now is Bruno " something number " who wrote he READ the FAQ then with the help of Dylan ( who practically said to him the very same thing that stands in the FAQ formulated otherwise ) spent a lovely couple of hours repeating his own BS and at the cost of more than a threadpage for a simple " file rename " process... it is VERY ADVANCED IT knowledge so yeah in cases like this a FAQ is not much of a help... but at the same time it is out of your hands whatever happens :KEK:

Put it simply it's a sink or swim test... most of those who need it... failing at it :KEK: " Einfacher geht es nicht ! " :p

• Haha
Reactions: MrD812 and Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Nope :p

It's why it was written in the first place by KING COLD... to let it rot in it's place untouched and cry about every little shit there is :rolleyes: OFC it is an unknown factor whether or not the noodle who would actually need the intel 1. CAN READ in the first place ( and if by some miracle the hurdle is made... ) 2. CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS WRITTEN THERE :unsure::rolleyes:

My favourite example right now is Bruno " something number " who wrote he READ the FAQ then with the help of Dylan ( who practically said to him the very same thing that stands in the FAQ formulated otherwise ) spent a lovely couple of hours repeating his own BS and at the cost of more than a threadpage for a simple " file rename " process... it is VERY ADVANCED IT knowledge so yeah in cases like this a FAQ is not much of a help... but at the same time it is out of your hands whatever happens :KEK:

Put it simply it's a sink or swim test... most of those who need it... failing at it :KEK: " Einfacher geht es nicht ! " :p
I don't want to justify him, ignorance is not an excuse in the end, but he couldn't speak ( nor understand probably) a word of english ( he was using google translate to convert everything in french).
I should have wrote my "put-the-candle-back" tutorial immediately, sorry again guys. :cry:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
but he couldn't speak ( nor understand probably) a word of english ( he was using google translate to convert everything in french)
Yep that's not an excuse... the site language is engRish ( whether one likes it or not :rolleyes: ) and even a GT can provide you with somewhat understandable french translation :p " Bestest " case scenario you use your common sense and make use from the stuff you have got... but knowing this place... and it's users... that ^ falls very short :rolleyes::KEK:

Besides... THIS ^ falls under the 2. point as to UNDERSTAND WHAT'S WRITTEN THERE ! :LOL: How you do it is entirely up to you in the end... And I don't really want to hand out " tips and tricks " but if you are fuck all in said engRish you should look outside of F95 since believe it or not it is not the only site on the net ( :eek::KEK: ) and there are several french native IT/Games/Q&A sites where you COULD ask how RPGMaker save mechanics works... not that it's a riddle... :rolleyes: but those who just don't wanna do shit in order to reach positive results this might be the way :WeSmart::KEK:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Yep that's not an excuse... the site language is engRish ( whether one likes it or not :rolleyes: ) and even a GT can provide you with somewhat understandable french translation :p " Bestest " case scenario you use your common sense and make use from the stuff you have got... but knowing this place... and it's users... that ^ falls very short :rolleyes::KEK:

Besides... THIS ^ falls under the 2. point as to UNDERSTAND WHAT'S WRITTEN THERE ! :LOL: How you do it is entirely up to you in the end... And I don't really want to hand out " tips and tricks " but if you are fuck all in said engRish you should look outside of F95 since believe it or not it is not the only site on the net ( :eek::KEK: ) and there are several french native IT/Games/Q&A sites where you COULD ask how RPGMaker save mechanics works... not that it's a riddle... :rolleyes: but those who just don't wanna do shit in order to reach positive results this might be the way :WeSmart::KEK:
Agreed 100%, using common sense should be the norm but these issues happen so often that we know common sense it's a rare good apparently, and I can't forgive myself for not dropping the discussion immediately.... T_T

Reactions: sixart

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I can't forgive myself for not dropping the discussion immediately....
Just do it... :KEK: Next time you sense that the noodle in need for help struggles with helping on himself just leave him out to dry... might work wonders :oops::rolleyes:

Reactions: Dylan741

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
"Both Moderator and Uploader applications are open! If you're interested in becoming a member of either the moderator or uploader team, click here to find out more. If you were previously denied or removed for inactivity, please feel free to reapply. " :unsure:

3.70 star(s) 233 Votes