theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Been running Linux for many years.
What error or message do you get when your try to launch nw.sh via Terminal?
I don't want to be mean, but if you've running Linux for many years, you should know how to troubleshoot such an easy one...

1) Download the Linux package of the game and extract it

2) Open a terminal, cd to the directory where you extracted your files, and run ./nw or ./launcher.sh
1663048627454.png
You will get an error ("Permission denied"), which is to be expected, because distributing a Linux package of a program/game as ZIP or RAR archive is a bad idea, because it doesn't preserve any file permissions. Therefore you have to make sure the main file is executable​

3) Make nw executable by typing chmod u+x nw
1663048655688.png

4) Run ./nw (or ./launcher.sh) again

5) If you still got errors (i.e. missing libraries), make sure you have all the needed libraries installed
1663048675485.png
(I'm not going to explain how to install additional libraries, this is way to off-topic)​

6) After installing the missing libraries, the game should run perfectly fine
1663048841019.png

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Really? I only see up to version 37. Could you please link?
As some already pointed out, you missed the "...to latest available version" -- I told you, it's not very obvious, and I also told you, I checked if the v39 save is there before I posted.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
It's official. I'm an idiot.
What Cabin Fever said... making a mistake is one thing and it's not something to be ashamed of... just turn back a few pages on this forum thread to find someone with the quality you mentioned after making the same mistake as you... it is something to learn from ! :geek: To say the least :KEK:

Ron4164

Jul 31, 2018
What Cabin Fever said... making a mistake is one thing and it's not something to be ashamed of... just turn back a few pages on this forum thread to find someone with the quality you mentioned after making the same mistake as you... it is something to learn from ! :geek: To say the least :KEK:
Thanks for the kind words, but if you knew my education level (and what I studied) you would probably understand why I consider what I did as idiotic.

3.70 star(s) 228 Votes