sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Thanks for the kind words, but if you knew my education level (and what I studied) you would probably understand why I consider what I did as idiotic.
Welp I have not mentioned mine ( and I won't :LOL: ) but following this logic we would run out of words ( synonyms ) pretty fast defining the tons of bullshit we are doing daily :KEK:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
It's official. I'm an idiot.
Well I'm late but I agree with the others, you're too harsh with yourself now, it can happen and I apologize with you for being rude, I could have helped you without being an ass, so sorry. :)

jaytee01

Sep 29, 2017
I don't want to be mean, but if you've running Linux for many years, you should know how to troubleshoot such an easy one...

1) Download the Linux package of the game and extract it

2) Open a terminal, cd to the directory where you extracted your files, and run ./nw or ./launcher.sh
You will get an error ("Permission denied"), which is to be expected, because distributing a Linux package of a program/game as ZIP or RAR archive is a bad idea, because it doesn't preserve any file permissions. Therefore you have to make sure the main file is executable​

3) Make nw executable by typing chmod u+x nw

4) Run ./nw (or ./launcher.sh) again

5) If you still got errors (i.e. missing libraries), make sure you have all the needed libraries installed
(I'm not going to explain how to install additional libraries, this is way to off-topic)​

6) After installing the missing libraries, the game should run perfectly fine
Hi and thanks for your reply. Although I can and do use the command line (at a mid level) I never have had a need to use it on this site as I usually simply make the .sh file executable in the GUI. If on the rare occasion that it fails then I open the game in WINE which in the past has worked just fine.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
OMG what has the world come to? The "evil curmudgeons", myself included, have all gone soft simultaneously! :ROFLMAO:
I told this several times already... it all comes up to who am I dealing with... if your a good lad I will be an even better lad... if you are an asshole I will be a grade A asshole :LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jaytee01

Sep 29, 2017
I don't want to be mean, but if you've running Linux for many years, you should know how to troubleshoot such an easy one...

1) Download the Linux package of the game and extract it

2) Open a terminal, cd to the directory where you extracted your files, and run ./nw or ./launcher.sh
You will get an error ("Permission denied"), which is to be expected, because distributing a Linux package of a program/game as ZIP or RAR archive is a bad idea, because it doesn't preserve any file permissions. Therefore you have to make sure the main file is executable​

3) Make nw executable by typing chmod u+x nw

4) Run ./nw (or ./launcher.sh) again

5) If you still got errors (i.e. missing libraries), make sure you have all the needed libraries installed
(I'm not going to explain how to install additional libraries, this is way to off-topic)​

6) After installing the missing libraries, the game should run perfectly fine
Hi Again. OK. I did get the game to start from the command line as you suggested and it seems to run well so far.
The terminal reported a raft of font config errors which don't seem to have affected the games performance.
Thanks for the heads up on not using the GUI...

Reactions: theMickey_

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Reactions: TheSweetEvilKing

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Did the same thing in ToN a couple of times... here in TGO it makes no sense back there it was good to calculate progress rate... ofc up until the fated v83 where it all turned to shit and everything got messed up :KEK:

3.70 star(s) 228 Votes