Think Tank

Dec 31, 2020
So, while I while away the hours until the next release, here' some trivia about TGO ...

If, like me, you copy your games folder so that the next update can be used to update the copy you end up with each version playable by itself....

And you end up with a lot of files!

Currently I have these folders:

1669922446835.png

and, excluding any downloads or walkthrus, that little lots add up to ...

1669922544574.png

and that's then end of this trivia ....

biometric

Jan 12, 2020
Greatest solution of the year! For me, just saving full latest release then revert it to any version by launcher, it's only replacing some game scripts.

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
So, while I while away the hours until the next release, here' some trivia about TGO ...

If, like me, you copy your games folder so that the next update can be used to update the copy you end up with each version playable by itself....

And you end up with a lot of files!

Currently I have these folders:

View attachment 2206810

and, excluding any downloads or walkthrus, that little lots add up to ...

View attachment 2206811

and that's then end of this trivia ....
...but why would you want to do that? It's not like they're removing content or rewriting the script with every new update. If anything, you only need one copy as a backup in case of data corruption. Any more than that is a waste of space. I wish there was a game on here I liked this much that was still getting updates, or regular updates monthly.

Think Tank

Dec 31, 2020
...but why would you want to do that? It's not like they're removing content or rewriting the script with every new update. If anything, you only need one copy as a backup in case of data corruption. Any more than that is a waste of space. I wish there was a game on here I liked this much that was still getting updates, or regular updates monthly.
Because I can? :FacePalm:

Think Tank

Dec 31, 2020
Also it's only a "waste of space" if space is at a premium or it's required for other things and, with 10 TB that's 80% empty, I'm not pushed for space.

"Each to their own" as they say ...

Foustington

Jan 15, 2020
May be in few more hours, .53121 files already on their's cloud, but this time NLT doesn't includes hashfile.txt as previous release.
That is abnormal correct? Could it be a response to your modified patcher? (Which is awesome by the way. Thank you.)

biometric

Jan 12, 2020
That is abnormal correct?
That's normal for a quick solution as a simple protection, they will put it on near the normal release time. There is more secure ways, but for 2 weeks each update plus 70 parts of scenes and game scripts, their may didn't have time for it.

3.70 star(s) 233 Votes