Mar 7, 2023
My Windows system which uses Avira anti-virus, one of the best, found no problems with the update! (y) I would be interested if it generates a false positive because it uses a slightly different and older compression algorithm (ZIP) than the one causing the trouble (7-ZIP). The update was built from files downloaded directly from NLT Media's own private server and selected by a bespoke application that I wrote using Lazarus and Free Pascal which didn't alter them. I have installed it on my computers and it works perfectly.

My bet is that Windows Defender is generating a false positive virus-wise due to the way files are archived, in this particular case, and that archived differently the same files wouldn't trigger alerts. Is it only Windows Defender that's bitching or are other commercial anti-virus solutions having a strop as well? Easy to see. Just download my update and scan it with your anti-virus and you will know. Gotta say I am a little curious. If all is well using a different archive format for updates in future, e.g., RAR, should allow them to pass muster with Windows Defender all the time. It's hard to imagine that JavaScript code dependent on NW.js to run could do much (or any) harm anyway but no alerts from anti-virus would save people from worrying needlessly.
If you compress files, it's something that some virus/trojans did. So when we want to obfuscate compiled sources, when we give out software, it often triggers a false positive with a lot of office scan's. It really sucks.

Feb 8, 2023
If you compress files, it's something that some virus/trojans did. So when we want to obfuscate compiled sources, when we give out software, it often triggers a false positive with a lot of office scan's. It really sucks.
Yep. Although open source I really don't like 7-ZIP much and remember a security scare with it, last year in fact, when it was discovered that hackers could use it to gain administrative privileges on a Windows system and execute malicious code. :mad: Like I said my update was made using a bespoke program which employed a different compression algorithm than the one posted here, using files downloaded directly from NLT Media servers, and it didn't ring alarm bells on my Windows box secured by a first class commercial anti-virus. (I also scanned it manually.) I was wondering hence whether this update would be recognized as safe by other players using different anti-viruses or not. Not a biggy as far as I am concerned anyway because - I USE LINUX! :)

Last edited:

dave619

Nov 3, 2018
great game and I recommend getting his discord as theres a walkthrow on there it helped me a lot when i got stuck and if you click orical she helps as well in game

dave619

Nov 3, 2018
great game story well righten and the amont of stuff in it is great keep up the good work and i look forwared to the next update after i play v6.67033 as I'm downloading it now as i did all in 65031 so we see what happens

Reactions: TheSweetEvilKing

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Asking for ~3 months old stuff when most people can't even update the last leak we got a week ago. Keep on going thread

Grandvisier

Nov 1, 2019
Still cannot find the fifth crucifix. Have been all over the map. Have behind mansion, chapel behind mansion, "coyote", and church attic. Cannot find number 5. Anyone have any advice?

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Mar 7, 2023
Still cannot find the fifth crucifix. Have been all over the map. Have behind mansion, chapel behind mansion, "coyote", and church attic. Cannot find number 5. Anyone have any advice?
- 1 wilson mansion
- 1 chapel behind wilson mansion

- 1 eve catedral chapel (after burning the spiders)

One of the next is the coyote
- 1 behind => Eve Cathedral > Backyard > Way Up > Get the Crucifix and the Demon Horn
- Forest > left Up > another crucifix left side

That are 5

Reactions: hentai charley
3.70 star(s) 230 Votes