3.80 star(s) 47 Votes

Reaverer

Jul 20, 2017
"..we solved the cliffhanger after V0.09. " Hopefully a typo,otherwise, as CJ said: Ah shit, here we go again.
I think what they meant was that they initially intended a different resolution to the current cliffhanger (when releasong the previous update), and during the work on version 0.09 they changed their mind on how it will resolve. Who knows, maybe they saw how people reacted to the cliffhanger, and how pissed they got at the delay and decided that their initial idea would piss everyone even more off, so they changed it.

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
I think the dev is referring to solving the end of the current cliffhanger, I'm not sure if there will be another one in the next update hope not is that can get tiresome when you keep making cliffhangers.
You may very well be correct, my only qualm on that would be surely by resolving it differently they would have had to potentially rework the bulk of the story in this update. Who knows, lets just hope something comes out and there is plenty of meat to get our teeth into.

Cliffhangers are a good way to keep interest in an ongoing project as it keeps the audience engaged, I only saw this from v0.8 so it would be the 2nd cliffhanger for me if there is another. I assume that there havent been multiple cliffhangers prior otherwise fully agree, only so many times you can use that technique on the same project.

Fully agree with everyone if there is a cliffhanger his schedule needs to improve, you dont leave someone hanging forever.

Reactions: Mormont

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
You may very well be correct, my only qualm on that would be surely by resolving it differently they would have had to potentially rework the bulk of the story in this update. Who knows, lets just hope something comes out and there is plenty of meat to get our teeth into.

Cliffhangers are a good way to keep interest in an ongoing project as it keeps the audience engaged, I only saw this from v0.8 so it would be the 2nd cliffhanger for me if there is another. I assume that there havent been multiple cliffhangers prior otherwise fully agree, only so many times you can use that technique on the same project.

Fully agree with everyone if there is a cliffhanger his schedule needs to improve, you dont leave someone hanging forever.
Actualy we have plenty of chapters of RWBY,par example, that keep ending with cliffhanger.I think one ov the volumes have like 8 cliffhangers from 12 chapters.

Shuchetan

Aug 13, 2017

Cliffhangers are a good way to keep interest in an ongoing project as it keeps the audience engaged, I only saw this from v0.8 so it would be the 2nd cliffhanger for me if there is another. I assume that there have'nt been multiple cliffhangers prior otherwise fully agree, only so many times you can use that technique on the same project.

Fully agree with everyone if there is a cliffhanger his schedule needs to improve, you don't leave someone hanging forever.
I absolutely agree too. Cliff hangars are well and good but not when it is pulled along so much that you are on the verge of losing interest. I can understand RL situations but keeping Fans happy and updated is also very important even when you are don't have an update or progress. Fans need to feel that you at least are more interested in the project than them. After all, it's your baby!

However, it is pleasant to get an update at last. looking forward to the next update.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Actualy we have plenty of chapters of RWBY,par example, that keep ending with cliffhanger.I think one ov the volumes have like 8 cliffhangers from 12 chapters.
As discussed before there is a mighty difference between a show or book with a regulated release schedule ending in a cliffhanger and a game that only get updated if the dev is pressured enough or is in the mood for a release

Reactions: riktor

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
As discussed before there is a mighty difference between a show or book with a regulated release schedule ending in a cliffhanger and a game that only get updated if the dev is pressured enough or is in the mood for a release
Try tell that to fandom and you might get be killed:)

hypnouser

May 14, 2017
Well, it would not be the first case where a comic story gets inconclusive...look what happened to HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well, it would not be the first case where a comic story gets inconclusive...look what happened to HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD.
And again there is a difference between a story being discontinued for economical reasons and a game being hold in a cliffhanger because the creator is not able to hit the deadline or is unwilling to work on the project.
Don't get me wrong I like the game, but there is a gap between a hobby project and a professional one... and currently the game is suffering from the more obvious ones.
Doing a cliffhanger in a professional project is possible because the entire team will workout a solution to make the next release within an appointed time even if worst case scenarios hit the team.
Doing a Cliffhanger here has proven to be one of the bigger mistakes of the team... even more since it felt like they intentionally stoped with a cliffhanger in the last release

hypnouser

May 14, 2017
And again there is a difference between a story being discontinued for economical reasons and a game being hold in a cliffhanger because the creator is not able to hit the deadline or is unwilling to work on the project.
Don't get me wrong I like the game, but there is a gap between a hobby project and a professional one... and currently the game is suffering from the more obvious ones
I mentioned that manga in purpose, because it was a manga that was left unconclusive even if it was selling well. It was put on a hiatus many times, due to Daisuke Sato (the scriptwritter) health was not very good (although it is said that this author was famous for leaving his projects abandoned). The last regular chapter was released in 2011. In 2013, they released another chapter and that was the last. And due to Daisuke died in 2017, we will never know how the story would continue.

Another great example would be the creator of Black Lagoon, who has put the series on a hiatus many times, because he preffers focusing in other projects like drawing hentai xD.

I know that you have your point, though. This game it is just a project they develop in their free time.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I mentioned that manga in purpose, because it was a manga that was left unconclusive even if it was selling well. It was put on a hiatus many times, due to Daisuke Sato (the scriptwritter) health was not very good (although it is said that this author was famous for leaving his projects abandoned). The last regular chapter was released in 2011. In 2013, they released another chapter and that was the last. And due to Daisuke died in 2017, we will never know how the story would continue.

Another great example would be the creator of Black Lagoon, who has put the series on a hiatus many times, because he preffers focusing in other projects like drawing hentai xD.

I know that you have your point, though. This game it is just a project they develop in their free time.
I see your point and I am not askeing for a level of professionalism from the dev.
It's as you say this is a hoby project... but that's exactly the reason why they shouldn't pull this shit with the "blackmail hangers".
If a professional uses this method to build up tension it's one thing (and like I said only works with a regulated release shedule), but a hoby project as this shouldn't try to copy that.
I said it right after the Cliffhanger and I'll say it again... noone can keep the tension up for a prolonged time as game develeopement tends to take... and in this case they took even longer than normal.

Reaverer

Jul 20, 2017
I think what Evangelion-01 is trying to say is that doing cliffhangers is always a gamble but professional teams have means of shifting the odds to their favor, while hobby devs do not have access to such resources. It's far more likely that a cliffhanger in a professional project will turn out well than in a hobby project, and yet there's plenty of professional projects where that backfired. Therefore (ooh I'm getting fancy :D) doing cliffhangers in a hobby level project is asking for trouble.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I said it right after the Cliffhanger and I'll say it again... noone can keep the tension up for a prolonged time as game develeopement tends to take... and in this case they took even longer than normal.
You ain't wrong there I think if it had taken a normal amount of time there would have been more hype surrounding the cliffhanger it now just feels like it's been completely dragged out and I think most of us just can't wait to see an end to this part of the story.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
If anyone here have played "Simbro"...the situation is getting there.
You mean that's where it will end up when the whole Mindlos drama has been resolved, but yeah I'm looking forward to a mansion full of ladies ready to please the MC. :p

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You mean that's where it will end up when the whole Mindlos drama has been resolved, but yeah I'm looking forward to a mansion full of ladies ready to please the MC. :p
...I think you have the wrong game in mind... "SimBro" was a game that was constantly behind self set schedules and each release was buggier than the last... nothing to look forward to.
I can only say so far the releases have been bug free so I can't see any references to that game... this might become a "Milfy City" in the future but I can't see it becomeing a "SimBro"

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
...I think you have the wrong game in mind... "SimBro" was a game that was constantly behind self set schedules and each release was buggier than the last... nothing to look forward to.
I can only say so far the releases have been bug free so I can't see any references to that game... this might become a "Milfy City" in the future but I can't see it becomeing a "SimBro"
Oh yes forgot about all the issues that had, it was a good idea though just a shame about the mess, and let's hope that it does not become another Milfy City because after the constant delays of that I've pretty much lost all interest in playing it and I'd hate to see this become like that.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

unknow38

May 29, 2017
Oh yes forgot about all the issues that had, it was a good idea though just a shame about the mess, and let's hope that it does not become another Milfy City because after the constant delays of that I've pretty much lost all interest in playing it and I'd hate to see this become like that.
It is not about the bug, it about delay until people finally figure out that the dev is not taking it seriously then left.
I do not think we should compare a dev who did not finish his first project with who already completed bunch of project and asking for a break in Milf City project.

3.80 star(s) 47 Votes