3.80 star(s) 47 Votes

Charolastra

Modder
May 27, 2017
Hi all!
I'm pleased to announce that I'm back and resumed working on "The Gift Reloaded"!
Therefore im looking for people who would like to help me develop the game.

Currently im especially looking for:
A Writer (preferable English nativspeaker)
A 3D Artist (knowledge in Photoshop and DAZ3D)

If anyone is interested, send me an e-mail to:
mrzzproduction@gmail.com
or simply reply in this thread!
index.jpg

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
I can really feel I've been surfing the internet for years.. I randomly found this game again on another site and I figured I'd check out if the bloke still had his Patreon running, (Like so many other people that abandoned their projects and just cash in on people's hopes and dreams)

I saw it was under review and popped over here, only to see the bloke is saying hes starting up the project again...

To get to my point;
I cant help but be cynical and worry his only claiming to start it again because his free money got taken away by Patreon when they put his page under review.

"Hey guys! You should totally support me again! I'm starting it up again!" Then 2 weeks later *Silence*

Sep 21, 2017
I can really feel I've been surfing the internet for years.. I randomly found this game again on another site and I figured I'd check out if the bloke still had his Patreon running, (Like so many other people that abandoned their projects and just cash in on people's hopes and dreams)

I saw it was under review and popped over here, only to see the bloke is saying hes starting up the project again...

To get to my point;
I cant help but be cynical and worry his only claiming to start it again because his free money got taken away by Patreon when they put his page under review.

"Hey guys! You should totally support me again! I'm starting it up again!" Then 2 weeks later *Silence*
Nah, its been under review for almost a year, reason being was when he was away, patreon set this rules such as no incest which his game contains.

Reactions: Mr.ZZ

Mr.ZZ

Oct 25, 2016
Just a small update for you guys:
Patreon got back to me telling me what I've to change and remove from the game before unsuspending my page again. I hoped they would accept step family members, but nope…

Also, why it take a little longer than expected:
I've already started working on the open world in the meantime. As it turns out, I have to change a lot of the existing code, resulting in old save games won't work anymore. Sorry guys :(

I want the new, incest free V0.04, already be save game compatible with all coming versions, therefore, before launching my page again, I want this "new V0.04" to be uploaded, ready and playable already with the new code!
I hope to get my patreon page back up somewhere mid October.

Also, I'm thinking about adding background music to the game, not only in future also in the "new V0.04".
What are your opinions on that? Please let me know by leaving a comment!

Because some of you asked for an ETA for V0.05:
Well, to be honest, I don't know yet. My best guess is end of November or beginning of December.

I know this sounds like an awful lot of time, but please keep in mind that:
  1. I'm in need to rework my game (patreon TOS)
  2. The whole code needs to be adjusted (to be ready for open world gameplay)
  3. V0.05 has to be planned and written
  4. I was hiring new people (and still looking for an 3D artist) which have to work their way into the game first.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Nah, its been under review for almost a year, reason being was when he was away, patreon set this rules such as no incest which his game contains.
Well, I guess thats "good". We've seen too many patreons abandon their project with very little in the way of announcements, and then just left them up to get free money for people whom might not realise they still got a pledge going (Like that Wootch guy or what ever hes called.. The creator of the original Urban Demons concept).

I did enjoy the game when I played it, it was fairly high quality and quite enjoyable.

Hopefully he wont add too much NTR stuff into it. Honestly, I'd like to enjoy a corruption "sim" without the added headache of having to think too deeply about it simply because one wrong move ends up with all your "work" being given to some other bloke because hes part of some sort of unavoidable event designed to spark jealousy and anger in the player.

Reactions: pappypop

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
Patreon got back to me telling me what I've to change and remove from the game before unsuspending my page again. I hoped they would accept step family members, but nope…
Not sure if you already know, but in this case the standard solution consists in creating a file, e.g. "names.rpy" with a list of variables containing all the characters' names, and replace every occurrence in the game with the corresponding variable. Depending on your editor and on the length of the text, find and replace should be quick enough. This way in case of future problems you can easily change the names again with one edit, if you catch my drift.

Happy to see you back, I loved the game!

Reactions: L7Bear and Mr.ZZ

Mr.ZZ

Oct 25, 2016
Not sure if you already know, but in this case the standard solution consists in creating a file, e.g. "names.rpy" with a list of variables containing all the characters' names, and replace every occurrence in the game with the corresponding variable. Depending on your editor and on the length of the text, find and replace should be quick enough. This way in case of future problems you can easily change the names again with one edit, if you catch my drift.

Happy to see you back, I loved the game!
I'm aware of that "solution". That's not the way I want my game to be, I don't want dialogs like "We can't do this, I'm your Landlady! (mom)" in the game. So I've made some changes in the story to be incest free but still original.

Reactions: L7Bear
3.80 star(s) 47 Votes