3.80 star(s) 47 Votes

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
I'm aware of that "solution". That's not the way I want my game to be, I don't want dialogs like "We can't do this, I'm your Landlady! (mom)" in the game. So I've made some changes in the story to be incest free but still original.
still someone could make a lewd patch i mean its kinda of necessity for alot of devs

Reactions: L7Bear

OwMyFace

Oct 21, 2016
I'm aware of that "solution". That's not the way I want my game to be, I don't want dialogs like "We can't do this, I'm your Landlady! (mom)" in the game. So I've made some changes in the story to be incest free but still original.
Why not just let the player decide?

When you introduce the family characters at the start, have it show up like 'This is such and such, she is your .... ?' and then the player enters the variable thet want, like mother sister, aunt, ect. That way your not breaking the Patreon ToS, because as far as the game is concerned there's no incest, and it doesn't necessitate that much rewriting.

Granted it would require you to setup a lot of variable checks for pretty much any dialog with those specific characters. But at the end of the day, you can either completely rewrite the game, or give the player freedom of choice, and maintain the element of the game that made us enjoy in the first place.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

Mr.ZZ

Oct 25, 2016
Why not just let the player decide?

When you introduce the family characters at the start, have it show up like 'This is such and such, she is your .... ?' and then the player enters the variable thet want, like mother sister, aunt, ect. That way your not breaking the Patreon ToS, because as far as the game is concerned there's no incest, and it doesn't necessitate that much rewriting.

Granted it would require you to setup a lot of variable checks for pretty much any dialog with those specific characters. But at the end of the day, you can either completely rewrite the game, or give the player freedom of choice, and maintain the element of the game that made us enjoy in the first place.
Well, that’s an good idea, but I‘m pretty sure there will be an incest patch soon after release ;)

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
still someone could make a lewd patch i mean its kinda of necessity for alot of devs
It is a necessity for alot of devs because their games are heavily dependent on the incest aspect. I'm not sure that is the case with this game - characters like Clara, Monique, Victoria, and Samantha were at least as interesting and enticing as the mom and sister. Personally I found the sister really hawt because of the character model and her story (blaming the MC for her father's death, kinda like Chloe's father's death in "Life is Strange"), but (to me) neither the mom nor the sister were even half as attractive as Clara or Victoria.
So even if the incest is removed completely (maybe the MC is renting a room from strangers since he just got out of college, so it really is Landlady and housemate) the quality should still be there (i hope.)
Mostly, I just want to know what the hell is going to happen next. It seems like it has been a year since Victoria and the MC went to that coffee house!

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
It is a necessity for alot of devs because their games are heavily dependent on the incest aspect. I'm not sure that is the case with this game - characters like Clara, Monique, Victoria, and Samantha were at least as interesting and enticing as the mom and sister. Personally I found the sister really hawt because of the character model and her story (blaming the MC for her father's death, kinda like Chloe's father's death in "Life is Strange"), but (to me) neither the mom nor the sister were even half as attractive as Clara or Victoria.
So even if the incest is removed completely (maybe the MC is renting a room from strangers since he just got out of college, so it really is Landlady and housemate) the quality should still be there (i hope.)
Mostly, I just want to know what the hell is going to happen next. It seems like it has been a year since Victoria and the MC went to that coffee house!
i liked the mom didnt really liked the sister since ive saw her model in games many times before

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
The only reason I played this game was because I thought Clara was so fucking hot! That was before I knew anything about Daz models, and since then the Victoria 7 model became as common as a stifled fart. But I'd still play this game just for Clara.

ezpot008

Oct 16, 2016
Just a small update for you guys:
Patreon got back to me telling me what I've to change and remove from the game before unsuspending my page again. I hoped they would accept step family members, but nope…

Also, why it take a little longer than expected:
I've already started working on the open world in the meantime. As it turns out, I have to change a lot of the existing code, resulting in old save games won't work anymore. Sorry guys :(

I want the new, incest free V0.04, already be save game compatible with all coming versions, therefore, before launching my page again, I want this "new V0.04" to be uploaded, ready and playable already with the new code!
I hope to get my patreon page back up somewhere mid October.

Also, I'm thinking about adding background music to the game, not only in future also in the "new V0.04".
What are your opinions on that? Please let me know by leaving a comment!
About the save games not working with a new release i personally dont care, althought i say that if it were losing a save game for example from a 15.0 version it would hurt a lot to lose them but with only a 0.4 version is not much bother so dont worry.

And i personally would find some background music enjoyable, its a lot better than playing a muted game for me, and dont worry too much about the incest part theres always ppl who make lewd patches at an amazing speed so its just a matter of time, take your time remaking your game at your taste (or well more at the taste for patreon to not put down again your page again in the future).

Reactions: Mr.ZZ

Mr.ZZ

Oct 25, 2016
About the save games not working with a new release i personally dont care, althought i say that if it were losing a save game for example from a 15.0 version it would hurt a lot to lose them but with only a 0.4 version is not much bother so dont worry.

And i personally would find some background music enjoyable, its a lot better than playing a muted game for me, and dont worry too much about the incest part theres always ppl who make lewd patches at an amazing speed so its just a matter of time, take your time remaking your game at your taste (or well more at the taste for patreon to not put down again your page again in the future).
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated :)

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Just a small update for you guys:
Patreon got back to me telling me what I've to change and remove from the game before unsuspending my page again. I hoped they would accept step family members, but nope…

Also, why it take a little longer than expected:
I've already started working on the open world in the meantime. As it turns out, I have to change a lot of the existing code, resulting in old save games won't work anymore. Sorry guys :(

I want the new, incest free V0.04, already be save game compatible with all coming versions, therefore, before launching my page again, I want this "new V0.04" to be uploaded, ready and playable already with the new code!
I hope to get my patreon page back up somewhere mid October.

Also, I'm thinking about adding background music to the game, not only in future also in the "new V0.04".
What are your opinions on that? Please let me know by leaving a comment!

Because some of you asked for an ETA for V0.05:
Well, to be honest, I don't know yet. My best guess is end of November or beginning of December.

I know this sounds like an awful lot of time, but please keep in mind that:
  1. I'm in need to rework my game (patreon TOS)
  2. The whole code needs to be adjusted (to be ready for open world gameplay)
  3. V0.05 has to be planned and written
  4. I was hiring new people (and still looking for an 3D artist) which have to work their way into the game first.
we can "hoping" that some fan will make a patch to restore the removed content. Usually this patch is posted here or on lewd patch. Most of the games here now have this type of patch. Since is done by a "fan" and not posted by you or hosted on patreon (or your website) it is ok with patreon rules.

Reactions: Kakato

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Well, that’s an good idea, but I‘m pretty sure there will be an incest patch soon after release ;)

If you clean up the game removing the incest, and someone else makes an unofficial patch that alters your game, it's beyond your control. You can't be held accountable for what others do. deny deny deny

The Gift, before reloaded, is one of my favorite games. I was looking forward to seeing where you went with reloaded, and I'm sad to see the "abandoned" tag.

Would it be easier to bring back The Gift, which didn't have incest, to get you back in business quicker? I can only think of a few small changes that might need to be made to get that past the morals police.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Wow I can't believe we are back after 1 year.Just checking abandoned games.After Milf's Tale and Doppelganger i came here and surprise.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
@Mr.ZZ glad to see you back to business, your game is cool and I'd like to see it completed. Wish you Patreon won't stop you anymore ;-)

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017
@Mr.ZZ Do it like MrDots Games, create your own website for The Gift and use Buy Me A Coffee as your payment method, then you can develop your game as you like and not as Patreon wants it. You can then use Patreon for other projects.

Reactions: Kakato and keer

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
One of my favorite games have the chance to come back to life? this is so cool :)
Mine too, it was about the first this kind of games I found !!! :closedeyesmile::closedeyesmile::closedeyesmile:

Reactions: zocx

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
@Mr.ZZ Do it like MrDots Games, create your own website for The Gift and use Buy Me A Coffee as your payment method, then you can develop your game as you like and not as Patreon wants it. You can then use Patreon for other projects.
Good call. Having a website opens up a lot of possibilities. Financially and in terms of SEO.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Always with the open world. I will never understand what an open world is supposed to be good for in games like this one.

The only thing it ever does for me is make it difficult to continue the storyline AND result in lots of wasted time, because you search and search for new stuff and it won't fire, because you missed some condition you have no chance of knowing about.

Reactions: Jim Webb

ezpot008

Oct 16, 2016
Always with the open world. I will never understand what an open world is supposed to be good for in games like this one.
Its just a matter of tastes, not a question of good or bad, some ppl is happy with a linear history driven game where they just have to click a few choices that diverges in alternate paths or maybe not, some riddles and puzzles inbetween and a cool story that inmerses the player in the game, while others want some freedom being able to roam the world created in the game to break the routine of being unable to do what they really want except following the scripted history of the game, and maybe discover some outside hidden girls that maybe if it was the first case probably they didnt even where in existence while doing that.

I personally prefer a mix between the 2 of them, history with riddles and puzzles for when i feel like doing it and a free world for when im tired and want a break from the story, i understand that a open world have its cons and pros , cons being the point you mentioned of missing something maybe some grind of the type i hate the most for example repeating the same chore hundred of times to get a reward etc, but it has its pro too, making some freedom for the player, discover some things througth investigation or simply pass time roaming the world, i would understand aversion to open world in games like for example skyrim where you play a intro of 15 min and then they let you in a super huge world totally open without a single clue of what to do except the main quest that just opening the map depresses the player or fallout 4 for example too, i have to mention i played both games and i dont dislike them but at first both of the games overhelmed me forcing me to talk to hundreds of npcs to do some side quest that some where boring and others even better than the main plot quest, but in a game like the gift reloaded its not much of a bother its a game where at maximum im guessing where gonna get 15-20 locations and theyre gonna be clossed or with nothing to do till the developer add content to them or the history bring us there by force, take no offence with my comment as i said its just a matter of tastes and just wanted to point that, and the developer has taken his decision of adding a open world so neither you not me gonna change that.

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017

The only thing it ever does for me is make it difficult to continue the storyline AND result in lots of wasted time, because you search and search for new stuff and it won't fire, because you missed some condition you have no chance of knowing about.
Agree, everyone alway's think's open world makes an game better but I've seen it make game's worst especially on these type of game's you basically spent an inordinate amount of time clicking different point's on an map wondering where you have to go next.

3.80 star(s) 47 Votes