boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
Another similar bug as before where not choosing the right options leads to the variable not existing on checks later on. This time it's 'YGirlfriend'

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
That's the problem then, old saves are not fully compatible for this version.
That can sometimes be a fair answer but in this case, the same save either has an error or not depending on an answer to a new question.
As you release the way you do, creating errors like this that require a new game every time is not wise.

It's simple to fix as well. The same way you set YGirlfriend = 1 in one situation, just make sure you also initialise YGirlfriend = 0 in the others (e.g label GirlfriendNo). Or even better in the previous dialogue before an answer is given so it applies more widely (e.g. if you tell him to leave you alone, i.e you should put it in label OutsideMorning)
And you should apply the same principle with every new parameter you introduce in new releases.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrustyOldPatches

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Not really, I wouldn't be able to work for long on something that I personally don't enjoy. I think one of the reasons that so many projects get abandoned is because some creators try to chase money, instead of working on what they like.
Making a lot of money is the best motivation. If there are people who started making 2k+ and quit then they got an even better offer.

4.50 star(s) 52 Votes