ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
After choosing intersex, when starting the game, the following error appears
Ouch! I need the help of a gender scientist to figure this one out. This happens if in the settings screen you do not select any "combination" as homosexual. That is, whether I <> M/F/etc would be considered as a homosexual relationship. By default it considers everything as heterosexual and therefore it doesn't know how to construct the array of generation chances for characters having the same gender as the MC. In which circumstances would an intersex character be having a homosexual relationship? Not easy to answer!

For now, if you select at least a homosexual combination (I-M/F) you should be able to proceed. But the intersex route is the least tested of them all. At the moment it is likely to be very buggy, and in several situations it is considered the same as a female character.

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
if you want to dom the party-mp this pops up

Error: cannot execute macro <<describeChallenge>>: a is null
<<describeChallenge 0 "Don't make me repeat it a second time" "hotel-room-night-dom-2">> <<challenge 'skill' "skill: dominance; difficulty: hard;">> <<additionalEffect 1 'arousal' "target: 0; type: effect; outcome: success">> <<additionalEffect 2 'arousal' "target: party-mp; type: effect; outcome: success">> <<additionalEffect 2 'assertiveness' "target: 0; type: effect; outcome: success">> <<additionalEffect -1 'arousal' "target: party-mp; type: effect; outcome: fail">> <<additionalEffect -1 'assertiveness' "target: 0; type: effect; outcome: fail">> <<additionalEffect 2 'stress' "target: 0; type: effect; outcome: fail">> <<additionalEffect -1 'opinion' "target: party-mp; type: effect; outcome: fail">> <</describeChallenge>>

comparing it to other describeChallenge macros it seems ok so i'm not sure what the issue is exactly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: kpao_e

Spacc123

Nov 28, 2017
2 seconds in:
Error: cannot execute macro <<engine>>: a is null<<engine>> <<location 0 to 5 "You are both on the bed in your bedroom. In the background, the tv show continues to play.">> <<location 6 to 6 "You are both in the bedroom. It seems that the current episode has ended and a new one is about to play.">> <<location 7 to 7 "You are on your bed. A new TV episode starts playing.">> <<location 8 to 999 "You are on your bed. A new TV episode is now playing.">> <<pcExclude 'fetish, solo'>> <<npcExclude 'fetish, orgasm'>> <<outcome "pc, npc, both" "uni-relationship-stable-vanilla-after-pc-npc">> <</engine>>

You really should leave in the back and forward buttons when the game is in a fase where it is not fully tested. Now I have to either make saves every 3 seconds or restart..

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
cantwakeup111 and Spacc123 thanks both for the bug reports. Unfortunately, posting the SugarCube error message is not really helpful. It would help (also for anyone else encountering a bug) if you either posted a save right before, or if you described which steps you took. Under the hood the game is adjusting the output to your character. If it says "a" is null, it might have to do with your character's gender. I just tried to replay that scene and if you do not modify the default settings it seems to work fine.

I will add the option to enable / disable navigation controls in the next release.

Gilibertolo that has been fixed in the b11 version available on the discord.

This is what I have fixed since the b10 version:
  • [b11] Fixed missing actions in hotel FF scene.
  • [b11] Added missing npc name in restaurant scenes.
  • [b11] Added missing "back" buttons in some screens.
  • [b11] Fixed error when selecting crossdresser as a trait.
  • [b11] Fixed stack overflow when selecting "Luna" dialogue option.

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
cantwakeup111 and Spacc123 thanks both for the bug reports. Unfortunately, posting the SugarCube error message is not really helpful. It would help (also for anyone else encountering a bug) if you either posted a save right before, or if you described which steps you took. Under the hood the game is adjusting the output to your character. If it says "a" is null, it might have to do with your character's gender. I just tried to replay that scene and if you do not modify the default settings it seems to work fine.

I will add the option to enable / disable navigation controls in the next release.

Gilibertolo that has been fixed in the b11 version available on the discord.

This is what I have fixed since the b10 version:
  • [b11] Fixed missing actions in hotel FF scene.
  • [b11] Added missing npc name in restaurant scenes.
  • [b11] Added missing "back" buttons in some screens.
  • [b11] Fixed error when selecting crossdresser as a trait.
  • [b11] Fixed stack overflow when selecting "Luna" dialogue option.
ElysiumDev no problemo, i'll include a save. you'll notice i've messed around with the attributes to get max everything(edited the available points) but that doesn't seem to impact anything, since the exact same thing happens with an unedited html file.
in char creation everything is default, i pick the diplomat, dominant and seducer traits. i've tried with both "same sex" off(which is my preference) and on and it happens both ways. it occurs whether my char is male or female.

if the save and details above aren't enough i can provice a move by move flowchart altough it'd be a bit of a chore tbh

Reactions: ElysiumDev

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
cantwakeup111 Got it, and fixed (for b13).
If you cannot wait, you can fix it yourself by editing the html and searching for hotel-room-night-dom-2, then where it says skill: dominance, replace it with skill: assertiveness and it will work.

Reactions: cantwakeup111

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
I donwloaded the version available on Discord and the problem with the crossdressing trait persist
Can you list which settings you have chosen? I have just tried with a male character, everything left as by default, with just crossdresser enabled and it seems to work. Or maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean with it being broken. Like can you not progress past character creation or is the problem somewhere else?

Elli Wölfin

Dec 8, 2019
The settings only affect random characters, though. Story characters either have (or will have) a default gender or an alternative (usually the opposite). If none are possible due to the settings, the content will be disabled.
I was referring to the customization of whether interactions with trans characters were straight or gay, instead of just having women+women=gay and so on.

Mrs.X2020

Mar 7, 2021
I cannot go through the dominant path with miss dereck
at line:
&lt;&lt;describeChallenge 0 &quot;Don&#39;t make me repeat it a second time&quot; &quot;hotel-room-night-dom-2&quot;&gt;&gt;
Is that normal?

Jun 9, 2019
i get a error when i pick the crossdreser trait

Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error: <<run>>: bad evaluation: this.attributes[t.skill] is undefined.

Stack Trace:
value@file:///C:/Users/Kingbadass/Desktop/New%20folder%20(3)/The%20Greater%20Good%200.1.5.html:4750:21158
handler/<@file:///C:/Users/Kingbadass/Desktop/New%20folder%20(3)/The%20Greater%20Good%200.1.5.html:4752:17076
value/<@file:///C:/Users/Kingbadass/Desktop/New%20folder%20(3)/The%20Greater%20Good%200.1.5.html:4751:30953
r/<@file:///C:/Users/Kingbadass/Desktop/New%20folder%20(3)/The%20Greater%20Good%200.1.5.html:4748:4789
t/<@file:///C:/Users/Kingbadass/Desktop/New%20folder%20(3)/The%20Greater%20Good%200.1.5.html:4748:4565
dispatch@file:///C:/Users/Kingbadass/Desktop/New%20folder%20(3)/The%20Greater%20Good%200.1.5.html:57:43090
add/v.handle@file:///C:/Users/Kingbadass/Desktop/New%20folder%20(3)/The%20Greater%20Good%200.1.5.html:57:41074

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
Mrs.X2020 the fix is not in the version in this thread. I have made several fixes today since I had some time, so updating the thread each time is time consuming. These interim updates are available on the discord. I'll post a new update here once some more bugs have been fixed. But if you don't have discord you can fix it yourself following the instructions above in this post.

Crazyhermit9000 that has been fixed too.

Reactions: Mrs.X2020

Gilibertolo

Aug 23, 2018
Can you list which settings you have chosen? I have just tried with a male character, everything left as by default, with just crossdresser enabled and it seems to work. Or maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean with it being broken. Like can you not progress past character creation or is the problem somewhere else?
I chosed:

Sex: Male
Pronoun:They
Body:Slim

Attractiveness:10
Personality:1
Will:3
Sexual Ability:0
Fitness:5

Traits: Submissive/Crossdresser
Background Traits: Attracted to Women and Man

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
The issue with that is that it would need to account for every possible permutation. That would be 15 different combinations, which would rapidly get out of hand. The solution would be to only consider a single possible path, like only a female MC for example.
Most games with a custom MC use a parser for this. So if it's an oral scene you can write it in a general way and return some his/her, haspenis/hasvagina text sprinkled in to make it look like it was written specifically for the player's character. For your game specifically the main branches would be the pass/fail on skill checks with some parser trickery thrown in to account for different body types along the way.

ElysiumDev

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2021
balitz Method it actually is already like that. The "sex engine" has a sort of "language processor" that conjugates verbs, chooses the correct pronouns, has conditional statements depending on status, clothing, etc. If you have tried the game, it works to some extent I think.

But writing a sex scene in "prose" I think carries the expectation that it should be handcrafted for the characters involved in the scene, who is the more dominant character, what are their "capabilities" and so on.

I think the advantage of the minigame is that it will (eventually) have consequences on how you play. Every action taken will (eventually) increase / decrease the skills associated, which can have consequences outside the mini game.

Where feasible, I will include more handcrafted scenes. But if you have suggestions on the mingame itself, feel free to share.

Gilibertolo I tried those settings on the latest version and it works.

4.90 star(s) 8 Votes