Mod Ren'Py The Grey Dream [Ep 4 v4.3 Steam/Non-Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
To everyone who don't want to wait for the update: you can always use URM to see the correct choices and variables set. That's what i normally use when there's no walkthrough avaible (and also it won't mess up your savegame).

Theereus

May 29, 2017
To everyone who don't want to wait for the update: you can always use URM to see the correct choices and variables set. That's what i normally use when there's no walkthrough avaible (and also it won't mess up your savegame).
Could you please explain how to do that?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
you can always use URM to see the correct choices and variables set
That is not advised at all for normal play by folks who don't know what they might be doing.
Simply use my personal update here for now is much safer.

Don't ever advise folks to change variables willy-nilly.
If you wish to do so then do it in the VN's thread please, since if someone fucks up and changes something they shouldn't have I won't be stuck trying to cleanup the mess thinking it's something to do with SanchoMod.

Thanks.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
...(crickets)

Well, it's been dead quiet since this morning so I'm making an executive decision to allow folks to test my final build candidate (my current personal build).

Note that if the dev supplies different save pointer data (in the RPYC's) than I used in this build then your future saves made with this release candidate might rollback in the future or not load at all. That said this candidate should load most of your Ep3+ old saves. Pre-Ep3 is iffy at best (due to the amount of script edits in this update). I had ~50% of Ep2's from last year load. Anything before that and one might as well start a new playthrough.

So, if you agree to the general discalaimer that you assume all risk of installation of this product and that it is for testing purposes only, then you know what to do with the link:

By use of the above you acknoledge you are a guinea pig, for testing purposes only.

If you don't know what to do with it then don't DL or use it. And for crying out loud do NOT install it inside an old VN installation (pre Ep4). You'll be banished from SanchoWorld if you do. :p

I reserve the right to change or yank this link at my sole discretion.
I did a new playthrough with this, didn't see any issues gameplay-wise (y)

crowbar214

Apr 25, 2021
...(crickets)

Well, it's been dead quiet since this morning so I'm making an executive decision to allow folks to test my final build candidate (my current personal build).

Note that if the dev supplies different save pointer data (in the RPYC's) than I used in this build then your future saves made with this release candidate might rollback in the future or not load at all. That said this candidate should load most of your Ep3+ old saves. Pre-Ep3 is iffy at best (due to the amount of script edits in this update). I had ~50% of Ep2's from last year load. Anything before that and one might as well start a new playthrough.

So, if you agree to the general discalaimer that you assume all risk of installation of this product and that it is for testing purposes only, then you know what to do with the link:

By use of the above you acknoledge you are a guinea pig, for testing purposes only.

If you don't know what to do with it then don't DL or use it. And for crying out loud do NOT install it inside an old VN installation (pre Ep4). You'll be banished from SanchoWorld if you do. :p

I reserve the right to change or yank this link at my sole discretion.
Yeah, this borks my saves. I keep getting an "AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0'. Also seems to bork the game? If I start a new one, the SanchoMod box is nowhere to be seen, and no choices are highlighted.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, this borks my saves. I keep getting an "AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0'. Also seems to bork the game? If I start a new one, the SanchoMod box is nowhere to be seen, and no choices are highlighted.
Both issues highlighted are rooted to the same exact issue:
  • That error ( AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0' ) shows when you don't have SanchoMod installed and attempting to load a save made with SanchoMod previously installed.
  • That also explains why you have none of the mod's features... since it's not installed.
Either use the my updated personal mod here or use the SaveFixer in the OP. Use one or the other but never both simultaneously.

crowbar214

Apr 25, 2021
Both issues highlighted are rooted to the same exact issue:
  • That error ( AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0' ) shows when you don't have SanchoMod installed and attempting to load a save made with SanchoMod previously installed.
  • That also explains why you have none of the mod's features... since it's not installed.
Either use the my updated personal mod here or use the SaveFixer in the OP. Use one or the other but never both simultaneously.
I installed the mod. I thought that was obvious seeing as I quoted the post with the download in it. Still same problem, dude.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I installed the mod. I thought that was obvious seeing as I quoted the post with the download in it. Still same problem, dude.
Well, then you installed it incorrectly which is the same as not being installed at all.

Don't take this personal, but I'm going to hold your hand a bit here. Stay with me all the way regardless of how stupid you might think this is or that "you've already done it" already.... just do as I ask... I'll explain in detail:

You may have installed the mod but you did something else afterwards OR you placed the mod's files in the wrong place. It's obvious from your issue that some or all of the mod's VN script files have either been overwritten by some other script files (some or all of the mod's VN code is missing now) OR are not in the proper folder hierarchy.

I know my code, I know this "error" you are receiving, and I know you are not the first person to have screwed the pooch on this installation process (again, stay with me here).

Easiest resolution: start the install in a different directory as a test.
  1. In a newly created directory install a fresh copy of the VN.
  2. Place the contents of the mod's zip inside that new VN installation's "/game" folder.
  3. Done.
Step 2 is important. I know this sounds trivial but cut out your most likely screw up, and extract the mod's zip to a temporary spot (like your desktop) FIRST, then copy all of those contents into the VN's "/game" folder. This will mitigate you extracting the zip file incorrectly as that is likely the cause of your initial problem.

Otherwise just post a thumbnail of your current installation's "/game" directory in file explorer and I'll tell you exactly what's wrong. Your call.

Last edited:

crowbar214

Apr 25, 2021
Well, then you installed it incorrectly which is the same as not being installed at all.

Don't take this personal, but I'm going to hold your hand a bit here. Stay with me all the way regardless of how stupid you might think this is or that "you've already done it" already.... just do as I ask... I'll explain in detail:

You may have installed the mod but you did something else afterwards OR you placed the mod's files in the wrong place. It's obvious from your issue that some or all of the mod's VN script files have either been overwritten by some other script files (some or all of the mod's VN code is missing now) OR are not in the proper folder hierarchy.

I know my code, I know this "error" you are receiving, and I know you are not the first person to have screwed the pooch on this installation process (again, stay with me here).

Easiest resolution: start the install in a different directory as a test.
  1. In a newly created directory install a fresh copy of the VN.
  2. Place the contents of the mod's zip inside that new VN installation's "/game" folder.
  3. Done.
Step 2 is important. I know this sounds trivial but cut out your most likely screw up, and extract the mod's zip to a temporary spot (like your desktop) FIRST, then copy all of those contents into the VN's "/game" folder. This will mitigate you extracting the zip file incorrectly as that is likely the cause of your initial problem.

Otherwise just post a thumbnail of your current installation's "/game" directory in file explorer and I'll tell you exactly what's wrong. Your call.
That's exactly how I installed it (it's exactly how you install every mod anyone makes), but I will do a fresh unzipping of TGD and I'll try it again. Perhaps I messed up copying it over? It's possible.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That's exactly how I installed it (it's exactly how you install every mod anyone makes), but I will do a fresh unzipping of TGD and I'll try it again. Perhaps I messed up copying it over? It's possible.
Just trust me. But it's your call. You definitely borked the installation as my personal mod update has now been installed by thousands of folks. The mod is solid, but you messed something up in one of the two installation steps. I didn't write that long post to belittle you but rather to guide you to the light. Again, trust me.

Once you are done your VN's "/game" folder should look EXACTLY like this. Not sort of like, exactly like:
1703934364657.png

Last edited:

ErChan

Jun 22, 2018
View attachment 1951933

Overview:
In-game mod for The Grey Dream
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development
Updated: 08/19/2023
Game/Creator: The Grey Dream / The Greys
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: 3.5
Game Version: Ep 3.5 Early Access
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (coming soon).
  • Too many new features to list (see FAQ below for even more features implemented in the latest Core).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 08/19/2023 14:57 CST
I'm updating to VN version Ep4, please be patient.
Download: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 2195957 View attachment 2195958 View attachment 2195959 View attachment 2195961
View attachment 2195986 View attachment 2195962 View attachment 2195963 View attachment 2195964 View attachment 2195965
SanchoMod dynamic ChoiceGuide
View attachment 1951972 View attachment 1951973 View attachment 1951974
SanchoMod Character Renaming (deep-rooted, works across the board)
View attachment 1951975 View attachment 1951976 View attachment 1951977
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1951943
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
still not update yet sir :)

• Angry
Reactions: Contravene

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
it's like talking to toddlers sometimes :ROFLMAO:
been lurking some threads lately, and it's insane the amount of people commenting w/o atleast reading a few pages or do a word search, haha
It's true that dumb, lazy people exist - and there's tons of them. With that said, I think a lot of this all over the board is deliberate trolling. Looking at the posters most of them are super low post count so they're probably just sock puppets.

Nov 8, 2021
So just so i understand this correctly, the update for the mod will drop when the dev of the game releases a patch for the game? And when that happens the game will be on the front of the "latest updates" tab?

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
Here.

I'm on holiday and will check if the unreleased patch candidate from the dev works. He hasn't released it yet so use the one linked for now.

What's exactly happening with the mod of this game specifically?
Why did you release a "beta" version of the mod?
Did the game have any particular difficulties in being modded or something?
Or was it just you being busy?

Just curious, not complaining :) .

*Edit*

Just went back and read your comments about the previous version's dialogue being changed,
interesting how that made your job harder. Did the dev change a lot of variables?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What's exactly happening with the mod of this game specifically?
Why did you release a "beta" version of the mod?
Did the game have any particular difficulties in being modded or something?
Or was it just you being busy?

Just curious, not complaining :) .

*Edit*

Just went back and read your comments about the previous version's dialogue being changed,
interesting how that made your job harder. Did the dev change a lot of variables?
No, the reason the mod isn't "officially" released isn't because of dialogue but rather the fubar with the VN's retail packaging build... it was built with the wrong RPYC files causing old saves to not load (modded or unmodded, both). I have many many posts about it in this and the VN's thread as I was working with the dev to solve the issue.

I cannot in good faith release the mod officially without the dev and I being on the same page as to the core RenPy base script files that are going to be used now and going forward... it's imperative that this is correctly handled. The dev did make a patch with my instructions, and I believe he released it over the holidays but I haven't looked at that support page and DL'd it for testing yet.

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
No, the reason the mod isn't "officially" released isn't because of dialogue but rather the fubar with the VN's retail packaging build... it was built with the wrong RPYC files causing old saves to not load (modded or unmodded, both). I have many many posts about it in this and the VN's thread as I was working with the dev to solve the issue.

I cannot in good faith release the mod officially without the dev and I being on the same page as to the core RenPy base script files that are going to be used now and going forward... it's imperative that this is correctly handled. The dev did make a patch with my instructions, and I believe he released it over the holidays but I haven't looked at that support page and DL'd it for testing yet.
Oh that's interesting, thanks for the info. I need to look into how renpy work myself, I haven't looked much further than the basic documentation and unren.

Reactions: Dr.XxL
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes