risky0

Oct 7, 2022
on this forum there is a big difference in avoidable and skippable. avoidable is used when you can stop something from happening completely so if there was a way make it so the scene on the camera never actually happened what this seems to be is more skip able where it happened but you dont have to see it. Unless you are saying if you dont take the camera it means that what was on it never happened at all.

also whether she is a love interest or not will factor into how people view it as well if she is its enough for alot of people to ignore the game if not while they might not like the scene some might still play
It doesn't make sense for a prerecorded video to be avoidable.
This scene is considered skippable unless the developer explicitly states otherwise.

There is no appropriate tag for such scenes and it bothers me.

I don't know what other people will think of it but if she is a love interest it will definitely negatively affect my enjoyment of the game.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
It doesn't make sense for a prerecorded video to be avoidable.
This scene is considered skippable unless the developer explicitly states otherwise.

There is no appropriate tag for such scenes and it bothers me.

I don't know what other people will think of it but if she is a love interest it will definitely negatively affect my enjoyment of the game.
its certainly a red flag and not the only one imo

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Can anyone explain to me how the Alpha and Sigma stats affect the story?
Seems like "Alpha" is the Jerk route while "Sigma" is the respectful/straightlaced route. I suspect the amount of points in either category will affect relationships at some point.

IMO, both stats are severely misnamed.

The Alpha points in this VN are paired with a lot of choices associated with dishonesty, rudeness, and even stealing. That's not what an Alpha is. Alphas are dominant, assertive, charismatic, charming. They have strong leadership qualities and people are drawn to them. They are not (necessarily) rude, disrespectful, or malicious, and often times when men are rude/malicious they think they are Alphas when they are not. In fact, the ability to be respectful and honest is a very alpha thing because they don't need to be dishonest.

And as someone mentioned earlier, the sigma stat is also misnamed. The sigma stat is paired with honesty, trustworthiness, kindness, etc... Also nothing to do with the sigma (lonewolf) personality.

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah should have named them "Mc_X" and "Mc_Y" for those who read the code...

Anyway for instance, in the sex scene with Anna, if you have more "alpha" points than "sigma" points, you are more dominant and fuck her doggy-style, otherwise she rides you cowgirl-style.

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
does anyone have any idea who was the blond which showed up in the end? was it Helen or the one we et while ethan was hiding under the table? also ms. sawyer is the same gir we went skiing with?
Blonde girl at the end was Helen.

Ghosty99

Jul 23, 2021
I just finished playing this and I enjoyed it I can't wait for the next episode. The renders are great and the character models are stunning and beautiful. Gonna keep an eye on this in the future. 5/5 so far.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
b.jpg

Are those lower eyelid piercings?? Fuck, that's nasty. Must irritate the hell out of the eyeballs. Does this chick have daddy issues and a sad past or is just an "edgy" character?

Otherwise, these renders look great. Will give a try when I have a chance.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
i can no longer take screenshots.
Dude, are you using SanchoMod with this game? If you do, the screenshot key is the capital S instead of the default Ren'Py key lower case s.

If not, then I don't know what the problem is, maybe your hadrdisk is full or something that Ren'Py cannot save the file:unsure:.

Reactions: Evan Treborn

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
View attachment 2219323

Are those lower eyelid piercings?? Fuck, that's nasty. Must irritate the hell out of the eyeballs. Does this chick have daddy issues and a sad past or is just an "edgy" character?

Otherwise, these renders look great. Will give a try when I have a chance.
More than likely just cosmetic beads. Just like when girls put sequins or jewels on their face with glue. You see it mostly in cosplayers.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

Evan Treborn

Oct 5, 2017
Dude, are you using SanchoMod with this game? If you do, the screenshot key is the capital S instead of the default Ren'Py key lower case s.

If not, then I don't know what the problem is, maybe your hadrdisk is full or something that Ren'Py cannot save the file:unsure:.
thanks a lot. now i can make screenshots again.

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Why are so many devs good at creating amazing art but their story reads like it's been done 100 times with barely anything humourous or new and exciting? Sorry for being disrespectful but you have such a great thing going here and the story just kills it.

I'm sure someone is going to reply with but Summer's Gone's dialogue is garbage!!! No, no it's not. It used to be, then he hired an editor. So I'll save you the comment.

Reactions: El Tanque

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Why are so many devs good at creating amazing art but their story reads like it's been done 100 times with barely anything humourous or new and exciting? Sorry for being disrespectful but you have such a great thing going here and the story just kills it.

I'm sure someone is going to reply with but Summer's Gone's dialogue is garbage!!! No, no it's not. It used to be, then he hired an editor. So I'll save you the comment.
Writing a good story is hard. There's a lot to study and practice. A lot of homework and planning to be done. And a lot of these devs that are great at art have more experience with digital art and photography than they do writing.

So it comes down to how much the dev is willing to study and improve. For the ones that put in the extra legwork, it shows in their work in subsequent episodes.

The devs that don't attempt to improve up their writing have to hope their artistic skills can distract people from shitty dialogue, bland characters, and weak plot (Summer's Gone / Where It All Began comes to mind).

The Grey Dream is very very new and while I do agree the story hasn't really hooked me yet, I think the Dev has plenty of time to tweak and hone and make something memorable. At the very least, it's not another "Dad died and MC moved in with hot mother and sisters and then they fucked" story.

Last edited:

incog44

Jan 5, 2021
Writing a good story is hard. There's a lot to study and practice. A lot of homework and planning to be done. And a lot of these devs that great art have more experience with digital art and photography than they do writing.

So it comes down to how much the dev is willing to study and improve. For the ones that put in the extra legwork, it shows in their work in subsequent episodes.

The devs that don't attempt to improve up their writing have to hope their artistic skills can distract people from shitty dialogue, bland characters, and weak plot (Summer's Gone / Where It All Began comes to mind).

The Grey Dream is very very new and while I do agree the story hasn't really hooked me yet, I think the Dev has plenty of time to tweak and hone and make something memorable. At the very least, it's not another "Dad died and MC moved in with hot mother and sisters and then they fucked" story.
I get what you're saying. Obviously taking jabs at OCEAN, which is completely fine. Even though I don't feel the same way, I get it. He does have time to improve and I'll be keeping my eye on this game, but for now besides the art nothing is really mysterious or intriguing. I feel like the writing is definitely what could be improved upon the most. The music also. Much love and I hope I'm wrong because he obviously has the talent to be successful.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I get what you're saying. Obviously taking jabs at OCEAN, which is completely fine. Even though I don't feel the same way, I get it. He does have time to improve and I'll be keeping my eye on this game, but for now besides the art nothing is really mysterious or intriguing. I feel like the writing is definitely what could be improved upon the most. The music also. Much love and I hope I'm wrong because he obviously has the talent to be successful.
Not every story needs a mystery. It's more like a slice-of-life, the plot is not mind-boggling but the writing is good enough that I want to know what happens next (and who and how the MC will fuck). It might not be enough for you but to each their own, I've seen way worse.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I personally set the bar according to the 'competency' of the developers themselves, meaning that I don't apply the same assessment or judgement to all the developers, but rather on a case by case basis.

For illustration, a AAA game company like Bethesda will be scrutinized with the highest strict standards ever imagined, they won't get a free pass even for a typo:devilish: (mainly because they have million dollars bugdet and a school of developers working on a project).

However, for solo indie developers (which are the usual case for adult games on this site), they get almost free pass on everything, so instead of scrutinizing their weaknesses, I focused on their strengths while also providing constructive feedbacks on what they can and should improve on. Consequently, over time the feedbacks are going to be 'harsher' when nothing had been improved after certain reasonable period of time. Similarly, a 5 years veteran solo indie developer is not judged on equal footing to first time solo indie developer. Generally, I will not be too critical on these indie developers since I have no experience developing a game myself. I may think it is hard but I can't imagine and experience how hard it actually is.

That being said, writing is pretty much the weaknesses of every solo indie developer out there (including this game, not the best writing) and too bad I have no experience myself to assist on this subject matter. Normally, a duo developers (writer and artist) fare a lot better in many projects that I am aware of. I don't know how many members (and what are their roles) that make up this game production but I think they are not native English speakers.

I am pretty sure that the developer reads the feedbacks and reviews about this game, and they will do their best to improve on the writing (among other things), and just give them the chance and time to shine. I hope they do. Cheers.

4.00 star(s) 56 Votes