TotalDago

Feb 18, 2018
you dont need to...the version that has been lekaed here is bugged - (messed up script, everything else is here/fine).
untill that is fixed, you will just waste your time and dl bandwitch...
Yeah, you are right... There is images of Ep 3 but the problem it's script

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Eh, in the full version, I didn't see any problems when starting episode 3, but in the compressed version, at the end of episode 2, the game returns to the main menu
can you upload/attach just scripts.rpa from your version here, please?

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
you dont need to...the version that has been lekaed here is bugged - (messed up script, everything else is here/fine).
untill that is fixed, you will just waste your time and dl bandwitch...
Not sure what you mean. I just ctrl skipped the entirety of ep 3 and everything looks ok. The only issue I have is there seems to be a broken variable somewhere because one of my 2 saves does not load. The "Alpha" route seems broken somewhere. But the Sigma is fine.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?[/I]

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
can you upload/attach just scripts.rpa from your version here, please?
I'm going to create the packages, after I'm done, I'll copy the scripts.rpa from the original to the compressed version.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not sure what you mean. I just ctrl skipped the entirety of ep 3 and everything looks ok. The only issue I have is there seems to be a broken variable somewhere because one of my 2 saves does not load. The "Alpha" route seems broken somewhere. But the Sigma is fine.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?[/I]
Rollback errors aren't due to variables... they are due to (usually) using different rpyc files from the previous build, adding or changing too many conditionals, altering character naming conventions, and other drastic measures to the file(s), and RenPy not being able to rollback far enough to find a proper landing spot. Rpyc files contain the location markers used in save files so RenPy can later find the right spot to load to, and other things as well.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm going to create the packages, after I'm done, I'll copy the scripts.rpa from the original to the compressed version.
you dont have to create it all over again...just attach the scripts.rpa as a fix (with an explanation how to "use" it).
obviously tehre were some bugged versions and few of us had the misfortune to download it.
glad it is resolved now though.

Reactions: giqui

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-grey-dream-ep-3-0-early-access-thegreys.125324/post-10861012

I downloaded it from the link above. 3.0
Now in options.rpy configuration is 2.0

options.rpy

define config.name = _("TheGreyDream")

## Determines if the title given above is shown on the main menu screen. Set
## this to False to hide the title.

define gui.show_name = False

## The version of the game.

define config.version = "2.0"

View attachment 2652500
If this is true then something is fucked up... the script of 3.0 should not state 2.0 or 2.1.... I'm in another project at the moment but I'll take a look and see what's going on.

XV71

Feb 25, 2020
The Grey Dream [Ep.3.0 Early access] [TheGreys]

COMPRESSED

LINKS WITH THE FIXED BUG (I hope so)
PC/MAC: - WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN - ANONFILES /

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Had to start a new game, due to script change i think, but the fix works thanks.

Reactions: giqui

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Had to start a new game, due to script change i think, but the fix works thanks.
You should not have to restart a playthrough... from what version save are you trying to load? I'm almost done with this other project and can start resolving whatever is borked in this VN but I've not read all the posts yet.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
you dont have to create it all over again...just attach the scripts.rpa as a fix (with an explanation how to "use" it).
obviously tehre were some bugged versions and few of us had the misfortune to download it.
glad it is resolved now though.
Hey, don't push out with older scripts... that's not the problem here. You're going to fuck up way too many folks by attaching that archive "fix" as that's not at all correct. I'm just now working with the dev... give me a bit to close this other VN project and I can PM with proper sorting. You need the current script though, it's what's extra inside that's not correct... and replacing it with an older archive (RPA) is just going to make a mess for almost everyone.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: yandex and giqui

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Hey, don't push out with older scripts... that's not the problem here. You're going to fuck up way too many folks by attaching that archive "fix" as that's not at all correct. I'm just now working with the dev... give me a bit to close this other VN project and I can PM with proper sorting. You need the current script though, it's what's extra inside that's not correct... and replacing it with an older archive (RPA) is just going to make a mess for almost everyone.
I will be waiting for your PM with the corrected files (y)

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
Wait I'm confused. I thought Itch.io was moving away from adult game content. How come I can still pay with a card for "The Grey Dream" while I can't for so many others? Anyone know?
Itch only has a problem with some adult games. Mostly because of things like rape and incest. Those games are still allowed to be sold but they have to use their own account to collect any payments instead of using Itch's account.

Reactions: RNasc4444

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
which compressed version do i use tried searching but one is bugged
Anybody got Torrent download?
I'm telling you, you'd be smart to wait. Moderators should pull the Ep 3 links that are in the VN's OP tbh... all of those links will be obsolete in just a bit... it's not worth it but fuck it, you do you.

4.00 star(s) 55 Votes