Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Rollback errors aren't due to variables... they are due to (usually) using different rpyc files from the previous build, adding or changing too many conditionals, altering character naming conventions, and other drastic measures to the file(s), and RenPy not being able to rollback far enough to find a proper landing spot. Rpyc files contain the location markers used in save files so RenPy can later find the right spot to load to, and other things as well.
SanchoNote

Okay, now that I closed that other project and now working with the dev on this VN... let's talk about these rollback errors that you will most likely face in some of your Ep2 / Ep2.1 saves.

I was correct in the above post without even looking and you will likely have some rollback issues in regards to Ep2 saves regardless of whether you played modded or unmodded. The reason is due to the script files being now split into multiple files (it used to be just one big file). Due to this process new rpyc's are created for the new Ep2 and Ep3 files. This means your old save file location markers are no longer present so RenPy tries to rollback to a safe landing zone. I can resolve a lot of this within SanchoMod but that is no help to those playing unmodded.

Bottom line: If you experience a rollback exception error in your only favorite save and play unmodded then just start a new playthrough, there's no way to save it without massive amounts of effort that's likely futile.

Regards.

Xia Liu Bei

The Last Emperor
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2019
Itch only has a problem with some adult games. Mostly because of things like rape and incest. Those games are still allowed to be sold but they have to use their own account to collect any payments instead of using Itch's account.
That’s not quite right. Like Steam, Itch.io doesn‘t forbid incest or rape. That’s Patreon. Itch hasn’t clarified it’s position, but what we’ve been able to ascertain is that certain games with high return/refund rates were one of the motivating factors, as well as developers who started a new project page with each update so that customers would have to buy the game again being another factor.

There was some inference that developers who elected 0% profit sharing with itch.io (they let devs choose, unlike many other platforms which take a flat 30% cut) were more likely to fall into itch’s crosshairs, but that’s just conjecture.

There are still plenty of adult developers on itch selling their wares and having their funds collected by itch.io, including those that feature incest and rape. Whether they’re on borrowed time or not remains to be seen.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Lol cannot play this without Sancho-Mod - like half the girls are named after ex's of mine its too freaky.

Update was a little disappointing because it's almost a year that the game has been out and I still have no clue what is going on. 3 Episodes + a side story worth of prose makes it hard to stay interested. I shouldn't still be coming out of episodes feeling like I just watched Memento :ROFLMAO: some intrigue is great and cliffhangers are fine if the meat of the story is understandable and right now it isn't. Don't really feel like I know anything about MC, the girls, or the plot with the company.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
There are still plenty of adult developers on itch selling their wares and having their funds collected by itch.io, including those that feature incest and rape. Whether they’re on borrowed time or not remains to be seen.
There is still many on patreon too. It just depends if you get noticed or reported.

There was some inference that developers who elected 0% profit sharing with itch.io (they let devs choose, unlike many other platforms which take a flat 30% cut) were more likely to fall into itch’s crosshairs, but that’s just conjecture.
It's clear that their motive for doing this is to keep paypal and stripe from banning them. If they were mad about developers setting the percentage too low then they would just set a minimum. It would be much simpler and would increase their revenue more than what they did here.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Misled about what with the mod? What's the issue bud?
Some people have an issue with how the dev named his variables (alpha and sigma points) but they can only know it if they play with a mod since I guess it's what displays those (or if they read the code but it's on them then)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Some people have an issue with how the dev named his variables (alpha and sigma points) but they can only know it if they play with a mod since I guess it's what displays those (or if they read the code but it's on them then)
There's a disagreement between an Alpha male and a Sigma male? Interesting. Fair enough.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Not sure where the story is going but the quality of this one blows me away and I am here for the duration.

Kudos to the Devs..
I agree but 6 gb for what's here is a little overkill... if it keeps up like this by the end it's going to be pushing 20 or more gb before it's finished unless it's a short story but from the setup I don't think it is considering we still don't know much about the story itself... maybe character intro's are now complete and next update will focus on story and relationships? who knows? But some web p might be a good idea...

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Figured would give this a try very nice models but so far the story would say average maybe it will get better all the best to the dev

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is it actual penetration?
The very first (initial) release of the VN had a long full-bore scene... at the very end. There's been "penetration" since the very beginning of the VN's existence. Hell, it's even fully animated. You haven''t play Episode 1 yet? See an old post of mine here for those deets.

4.10 star(s) 53 Votes