ReaperDie

Feb 21, 2020
Please put the download for Win/Linux on go-file like the other downloads. Mega has a cap at 4.5 gigs, so i cant download it from there and the others take way to long.

Reactions: 7T Primal

Derran

Oct 28, 2022
Please put the download for Win/Linux on go-file like the other downloads. Mega has a cap at 4.5 gigs, so i cant download it from there and the others take way to long.
You CAN download files over 4.5G, just that there is an annoying break of a couple of hours in between the parts that you have to wait for to pass before the download is complete.

ferro85

Apr 19, 2022
Why do game developers keep writing ridiculous scripts? If you want ideas I can give you free ideas...your options are endless. Even if you make the MC hero the richest man in the world or the most inaccessible man, this will not take anything away from you!!! He is always stuck in a house, his dialogues never go beyond gossip!!! Start by setting a goal for the finale, but it should be very difficult to achieve, and as you get closer to that finale, you should continue with constantly evolving and exciting scenarios, not boring dialogues. It should be fun to play. Most games put you to sleep with unnecessary and annoying dialogue. Personally, I don't like open world games at all. My favorite are novel style games. I can give ideas to game developers. Unfortunately I don't speak English, but I understand enough to give you an idea.

BurgRoyce

Jul 17, 2022
Why do game developers keep writing ridiculous scripts? If you want ideas I can give you free ideas...your options are endless. Even if you make the MC hero the richest man in the world or the most inaccessible man, this will not take anything away from you!!! He is always stuck in a house, his dialogues never go beyond gossip!!! Start by setting a goal for the finale, but it should be very difficult to achieve, and as you get closer to that finale, you should continue with constantly evolving and exciting scenarios, not boring dialogues. It should be fun to play. Most games put you to sleep with unnecessary and annoying dialogue. Personally, I don't like open world games at all. My favorite are novel style games. I can give ideas to game developers. Unfortunately I don't speak English, but I understand enough to give you an idea.
I was expecting the dialogues were improving, but they keep being abysmal...
Last update really bored me. Time to drop it, I guess.

Reactions: AnonW123

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
TheGreys,

Bud... you messed up. You should NOT have released this update in this condition. I really wish you would have reached out to me before deploying it.

Folks, your old saves are mostly going to be fucked (Ep3.5EA and prior). You see when the dev built the retail package he did not base the new script files off the original RPYC files... meaning your save location pointers RenPy uses to load your save at the exact point within the VN are lost. He packaged it with brand newly created RPYC's which have zero file pointers in them.

I can fix all of this in the mod update... maybe for you folks running unmodded too, but there will be many many players who don't either visit this site or don't read the threads and there could end up with a mix of two sets of folks:
  • Those that have their original file save pointers via a fix to be created (I'm working on it)
  • Those who do not
This could become a real mess real quick. I'll see what I can do but a "patch" should be easy enough for me to create based on the Ep3.5EA script files. I need a bit of time though... BBL.
Fans,

I need some help from you folks that play (and always have) unmodded to give me an approximate amount of your old saves are loading. I'm having a larger discrepancy on my end with unmodded versus modded and I'm trying to help TheGreys out with some potential RenPy issues.

Know that there are many grammatical and other dialogue fixes versus the last update (approximately 1,000 edits) so some rollback is to be expected depending on each save location. What I'm looking for are exceptions when RenPy errors out when it exhausts how far it can try to rollback to find a solid label starting point for the old save. In those cases you will have complete load failure... those are the ones to account for.

Ping me or reply to this message so I'm noted please. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Fans,

I need some help from you folks that play (and always have) unmodded to give me an approximate amount of your old saves are loading. I'm having a larger discrepancy on my end with unmodded versus modded and I'm trying to help TheGreys out with some potential RenPy issues.

Know that there are many grammatical and other dialogue fixes versus the last update (approximately 1,000 edits) so some rollback is to be expected depending on each save location. What I'm looking for are exceptions when RenPy errors out when it exhausts how far it can try to rollback to find a solid label starting point for the old save. In those cases you will have complete load failure... those are the ones to account for.

My unmodded saves are completely borked. None of my saves will load successfully. Rollbacks just ended up resulting in a crash.

Love your mods and your attempts to fix certain developers' disasters. Thanks!

Crash Report
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My unmodded saves are completely borked. None of my saves will load successfully. Rollbacks just ended up resulting in a crash.

Love your mods and your attempts to fix certain developers' disasters. Thanks!

Crash Report
So.. you have both modded and unmodded saves from what I gather. Are you certain you have a set of unmodded saves bud? I'm asking since you use the mod, and the distinction is important as I'm trying to find a solution for both virgin unmodded (standard VN) and modded folks. Thanks.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
So.. you have both modded and unmodded saves from what I gather. Are you certain you have a set of unmodded saves bud? I'm asking since you use the mod, and the distinction is important as I'm trying to find a solution for both virgin unmodded (standard VN) and modded folks. Thanks.
I have only played it unmodded. I checked the previous install folder and there were no mods installed.

EDIT: I was using 0x52 URM. I'm reinstalling without URM to see if I get the same error.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I have only played it unmodded. I checked the previous install folder and there were no mods installed.

EDIT: I was using 0x52 URM. I'm reinstalling without URM to see if I get the same error.
You don't have to now bud... I ran my own experiment on a virgin PC with stock VN E3.5, speed ran a bit making random save points, shut that VN down, installed E4 stock VN, tried to load each save and no dice. That's the info I needed. I'm back on to a fix for all of it... need some time.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
You don't have to now bud... I ran my own experiment on a virgin PC with stock VN E3.5, speed ran a bit making random save points, shut that VN down, installed E4 stock VN, tried to load each save and no dice. That's the info I needed. I'm back on to a fix for all of it... need some time.
Fresh install, no URM, and it still is borked for me. None of my saves will load successfully, rolling back or ignoring doesn't help. I wish you luck!

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Fans,

Both my saves are modded. Here's the crash log I get with and without your workaround for the saves.

Whatever is wrong seems to be somewhere in Ep3 because I'm able to load a quicksave for the dinner scene in the ski lodge.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay folks, I have enough info now. Thanks for your input.

I have a Eureka moment in my investigation and analysis. I wish to discuss it with the dev privately first though but I might just have figured it all out. I need to finish 2 more build experiments/tests to insure I'm correct though.

Bear with us please. I promise you we'll do our best (the dev and I). If it's a doable thing we'll make it happen and the initial tests on my end look very promising ... for both unmodded and modded (it's the same VN root at the end of the day tbh).

BBL.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I just might be the fucking GOAT!!!!

Give us a bit folks... I may just have a winner.

Those willing to guinea pig for me and test their unmodded saves:
(will work with modded saves too when combing this with the mod's SaveFixer)

CAUTION
  • You acknowledge that this is currently experimental and you assume all associated risks, only you are liable.
  • You understand and agree that this is not an official patch.
  • You also understand and agree that any official patch may differ therefore relying on Ep4 saves made with this patch is not (yet) recommended.
  • Some amount of rollback will occur with some old saves, there's no way around this.
Otherwise DO NOT PROCEED

If you agree then proceed as exactly follows (you know I wouldn't fuck up your system anyway):
  1. With that out of the way, DL the attached and place it's contents inside your unmodded VN's "/game" folder.
  2. Start the VN and attempt to load an old save, preferably after Ep1 since that episode has the most amount of script edits in the Ep4 update.
  3. Win... almost 100% odds (I had a few saves that failed in my tests but very low percentage).
Thumbs up this post if it works, thumbs down if it fails
(low percentages of load failures don't fucking count, cut me some slack will ya?)

Live the Dream until the dev or the dev and I announce and supply an official patch.

4.00 star(s) 57 Votes