Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay folks, I have enough info now. Thanks for your input.

I have a Eureka moment in my investigation and analysis. I wish to discuss it with the dev privately first though but I might just have figured it all out. I need to finish 2 more build experiments/tests to insure I'm correct though.

Bear with us please. I promise you we'll do our best (the dev and I). If it's a doable thing we'll make it happen and the initial tests on my end look very promising ... for both unmodded and modded (it's the same VN root at the end of the day tbh).

BBL.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I just might be the fucking GOAT!!!!

Give us a bit folks... I may just have a winner.

Those willing to guinea pig for me and test their unmodded saves:
(will work with modded saves too when combing this with the mod's SaveFixer)

CAUTION
  • You acknowledge that this is currently experimental and you assume all associated risks, only you are liable.
  • You understand and agree that this is not an official patch.
  • You also understand and agree that any official patch may differ therefore relying on Ep4 saves made with this patch is not (yet) recommended.
  • Some amount of rollback will occur with some old saves, there's no way around this.
Otherwise DO NOT PROCEED

If you agree then proceed as exactly follows (you know I wouldn't fuck up your system anyway):
  1. With that out of the way, DL the attached and place it's contents inside your unmodded VN's "/game" folder.
  2. Start the VN and attempt to load an old save, preferably after Ep1 since that episode has the most amount of script edits in the Ep4 update.
  3. Win... almost 100% odds (I had a few saves that failed in my tests but very low percentage).
Thumbs up this post if it works, thumbs down if it fails
(low percentages of load failures don't fucking count, cut me some slack will ya?)

Live the Dream until the dev or the dev and I announce and supply an official patch.

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I just might be the fucking GOAT!!!!

Give us a bit folks... I may just have a winner.

Those willing to guinea pig for me and test their unmodded saves:
(will work with modded saves too when combing this with the mod's SaveFixer)

CAUTION
  • You acknowledge that this is currently experimental and you assume all associated risks, only you are liable.
  • You understand and agree that this is not an official patch.
  • You also understand and agree that any official patch may differ therefore relying on Ep4 saves made with this patch is not (yet) recommended.
  • Some amount of rollback will occur with some old saves, there's no way around this.
Otherwise DO NOT PROCEED

If you agree then proceed as exactly follows (you know I wouldn't fuck up your system anyway):
  1. With that out of the way, DL the attached and place it's contents inside your unmodded VN's "/game" folder.
  2. Start the VN and attempt to load an old save, preferably after Ep1 since that episode has the most amount of script edits in the Ep4 update.
  3. Win... almost 100% odds (I had a few saves that failed in my tests but very low percentage).
Thumbs up this post if it works, thumbs down if it fails
(low percentages of load failures don't fucking count, cut me some slack will ya?)

Live the Dream until the dev or the dev and I announce and supply an official patch.
Doesn't work for me, unmodded version. Not able to load any save from E3 or E.3.5

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Doesn't work for me, unmodded version. Not able to load any save from E3 or E.3.5
Attach one (just one is fine) of your tracebacks please.. as a file, not copy/paste text or a pic. Use this button:
1702933259031.png
Or at a minimum tell me if it was a rollback exception or not.

Reactions: saolo996

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
TBH, I'm shocked you didn't get any Ep3 or Ep3.5's to load. In all my test with pure unmodded and modded saves from anything beyond Ep1 (which has the most script edits for grammaticals) was damn near 100% out of ~40 some-odd save files used in testing, Ep1 was about 90% (had 2 bork). How many did you try bud?

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
I tried all the 2023 saves I've got... Idk why I haven't any saves more recent than the one I attached, maybe because I usually don't save too often

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For you folks running unmodded, it'd be prudent to make a save point here in Ep4. You'll likely want to experience both choices (maybe, personal preference really):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: InfamousGuy

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
For you folks running unmodded, it'd be prudent to make a save point here in Ep4. You'll likely want to experience both choices (maybe, personal preference really):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi, I see you edited the mod yesterday, but version 3.5 is still up. Just wondering, is the update for ep-4 in progress?

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Fans,

I need some help from you folks that play (and always have) unmodded to give me an approximate amount of your old saves are loading. I'm having a larger discrepancy on my end with unmodded versus modded and I'm trying to help TheGreys out with some potential RenPy issues.

Know that there are many grammatical and other dialogue fixes versus the last update (approximately 1,000 edits) so some rollback is to be expected depending on each save location. What I'm looking for are exceptions when RenPy errors out when it exhausts how far it can try to rollback to find a solid label starting point for the old save. In those cases you will have complete load failure... those are the ones to account for.

Ping me or reply to this message so I'm noted please. Thank you in advance.
All my saves were broken from 3.5 (modded). I played from the start of 4.0 again - and no issues (unmodded obviously).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And the people using joiplay the mod doesn't work on it
There is no mod update yet... the VN just dropped, I haven't finished the mod update for Ep4 yet bud.

I chose that even without your mod installed though. Might've broke my save somehow. Thanks for trying.
There is no mod to install yet, I'm still updating it but I know that scene works. If you choose "I can bring Anna" at a minimum the MC gets a BJ, minimum. That said, the only way that choice comes up is if you choose to take Anna to lunch at the beginning of Ep4.

All my saves were broken from 3.5 (modded). I played from the start of 4.0 again - and no issues (unmodded obviously).
To load your modded saves inside an unmodded VN you must install the "SaveFixer' from the mod's OP. After doing that you might want to see the post here which fixes most old saves of the VN in general (unmodded or modded).

4.00 star(s) 57 Votes